Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you live in a country outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland you must document the boyfriend/boyfriend relationship by a self-declaration signed by the reference in Norway. The form does not require a stamp from the Norwegian police. The self-declaration must be presented upon entry into Norway. It is a condition that the relationship has lasted at least nine months and that you have met each other physically at least once before.
Self-declaration for boyfriend/girlfriend
In the declaration form, your girlfriend/boyfriend must state the address where you will carry out the quarantine.
Visits, holiday and leisure trips - UDI

:previous: Thanks to Lady Finn and Princess Eleanor for quarantine and visitation information with regard to sham's current visit to Norway to see Princess Martha Louise. Perhaps now that they are together the loveydovey oversharing on instagram might fade some. They may actually be good for one another, we are all capable of change. (I can't believe I just said this):lol:

ML and the Shaman sound like two love struck teens rather than grown adults on Instagram. I expect them to leave a few memes in each other's private messages at this rate too - the girls probably have more mature exchanges with their school friends.

"Till death do us part, I'm forever yours, baby" the shaman has commented on Märtha Louise's Instagram post. I hope that's not his way of hinting at an engagement :eek:hms:

But a very happy birthday to Märtha Louise, hope she has a lovely day! :flowers:

That was my first thought too! I hope not for ML's sake. I'm starting to get worried that he's using her situation with Ari and her own mental health for his "career" given his recent comments on depression.

Someone pass me the barf bag!

At the end of the day if it makes her happy then great and good for them!
They're two individually weird people who seem to be mutually in love. Good for them- Martha has found her match!

They may not be familiar with Whatsapp, but they sure know how to put a filter on a picture (cf picture in link above ....) .

Everytime the sham opens his (..) mouth, he needs to make a "royal" reference ... if PML were a regular citizen, he wouldn't look twice at her. So much for true love, twin spirit and soulmate .... :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just comes across to me as so fake and performative, that they (or he) knows people are watching what they say. I've seen couples behave nauseatingly towards each other and this feels like it has a very artificial layer over it one way or the other.

And yes I definitely get the feeling it likes her royal status with how often he mentions it.

Svensk Damtidning quotes norwegian Se og Hör.
Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett are one of Norway's most controversial love couples. But the opposition of the outside world only seems to strengthen the bond between the royalty and her shaman.
In the middle of the corona chaos, Durek crossed the Atlantic, only to be able to compensate for all the time together that he and Märtha Louise lost during the quarantine. Norwegian Se og Hör has made a long report about the stay - and how it was revealed.
According to Se og Hör, Märtha Louise's neighbors in Lommedalen began to suspect that something was going on when they heard drum sounds from inside the princess' house. Could Durek have been smuggled in with the greatest secrecy?
But it was Durek himself who revealed the truth - without knowing it. He recorded a video for his popular Instagram account, in which a lush grove of trees appeared in the background.
- Waking up in nature feels very good. Just to be among the trees, to be out in the garden. Inhale the fresh air. I love trees. Nature is rewarding. It gives life to everything within me, Durek said in the video.
What Durek had no idea was that Märtha Louise's neighbors would recognize the grove in the background. Suddenly the whole area, and soon the whole of Norway, realized that the American was in place in Lommedalen.
- This meeting is something that Märtha Louise is really looking forward to. The time without Durek has been very heavy, so the reunion will be a big boost for both of them. But how Durek, secretly and under the radar, has been able to get home to Lommedalen is a bit of a mystery, says a source with insight to Se og Hör.
It is clear that King Harald is probably not so happy with his son-in-law's visit. Se og Hör wrote earlier this month that it was Harald and Queen Sonja who decided that Durek was not allowed to attend when Märtha Louise's daughter Leah was confirmed. Harald thinks it would send the wrong signals if the royal family receives guests from the United States - in the middle of the corona pandemic.
Durek avslöjad av filmen – kungen rasar _ Svensk Dam

Aren't people from the US banned in Norway atm?

It seems so. There's an entry ban on anyone that's not a Norwegian resident or citizen but if you're from an EU/EEA country you can, provided you quarantine. I think.

It is really hard on people in long distance relationships but definitely not a good look if they're breaking the rules.

It seems so. There's an entry ban on anyone that's not a Norwegian resident or citizen but if you're from an EU/EEA country you can, provided you quarantine. I think.

It is really hard on people in long distance relationships but definitely not a good look if they're breaking the rules.

If there is a ban on non Norwegians, then how can someone from an EU country come in provided they quarantine?

Hmmm so breaking Covid rules now, this doesn't seem like it will endear them and their relationship to the Norwegian people.

If there is a ban on non Norwegians, then how can someone from an EU country come in provided they quarantine?

I looked at two different sources which say slightly different things, including two different things on the same website but both agree you can't enter Norway from the US:

https://www.visitnorway.com/plan-your-trip/coronavirus-and-travelling-to-norway/

If you want to travel to Norway, note that you may have to stay in quarantine for 10 days after arrival. Exemptions are given upon arrival in Norway from areas in the Nordic countries and other EU/EEA/Schengen countries with sufficiently low transmission. Norway is not yet open for travellers from countries outside of the EU/EEA/Schengen area.

https://no.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

The Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH) and Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs advise to avoid all unnecessary international travel. The advice, which includes an entry ban for travelers that are not Norwegian citizens or residence permit holders to Norway, has been extended until January 15, 2021. Please see the September 24, 2020 press release.

But then further down that same website:

Question – I am a U.S. citizen currently in the U.S. and I would like to travel to Norway. Will I be allowed to enter?

Answer – Norway is currently restricting entry to Norway to only allowing Norwegian citizens, residents of Norway, residents of certain European countries, and certain exceptions to enter the country. For exceptions and more information, please visit the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration website.

But they're definitely breaking the rules, even if he arrived in the country before the latest updates (September 25th).

Last edited:
So I wonder about the validity of this. I think even ML is not self-absorbed enough to flagrantly break this kind of law, so I assume this must indeed be the way he came in?

If you live in a country outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland you must document the boyfriend/boyfriend relationship by a self-declaration signed by the reference in Norway. The form does not require a stamp from the Norwegian police. The self-declaration must be presented upon entry into Norway. It is a condition that the relationship has lasted at least nine months and that you have met each other physically at least once before.
Self-declaration for boyfriend/girlfriend
In the declaration form, your girlfriend/boyfriend must state the address where you will carry out the quarantine.
Visits, holiday and leisure trips - UDI

It’s a bit complicated since the rules are ever-changing but basically yes, the shaman was legally allowed to enter. People who are not Norwegian citizens are allowed to enter Norway if they are

1) Travelling from Cyprus, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Greenland, certain areas of Sweden or certain areas of Finland.

2) They are travelling from an EU or EEA country other than the ones mentioned and quarantine for 10 days upon arrival. For those outside of Europe who might not know, EEA countries are European countries that are not part of the EU but have certain agreements with the EU, including (in pre-corona times) free movement. Now it’s not 100% free anymore, of course. The 4 EEA countries are Iceland, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Norway itself.

3) Since July 15th, if somebody is a family member or romantic partner of a Norwegian citizen, they are allowed to enter even if they travel from a non-European country but in that case, they must also quarantine for 10 days, which ML says the shaman has done.

So yes, he could have legally traveled and quarantined before Leah’s confirmation but Harald and Sonja have recognized (and rightfully so) that the optics would have been bad nonetheless. It is one thing for him to enter Norway, quarantine and now stay with ML privately and quite another for the King and Queen to appear with him publicly when Norwegian citizens are discouraged from traveling and the US is known in Europe for having very high infection numbers.
Also, if he had attended, all the media attention would have been on the fact that he did and it would have become another public discussion, which would have been highly unfair to Leah on her big day and is generally undesirable for the NRF.
Pre-corona he was not invited to Ingrid Alexandra’s confirmation either – maybe because they know very well that no matter which public event he attends, media coverage will inevitably be 80% about him. Additionally, perhaps the King and Queen would rather not appear with him at any public event if they can help it. :whistling::whistling:

Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett create both reactions and headlines with their love story. Not least since their last prank.
In the middle of the corona chaos, Durek crossed the Atlantic, only to be able to compensate for all the time together that he and Märtha Louise lost during the quarantine.
In fact, the whole area has had to adapt to Durek's arrival. Se og Hör. has revealed a rather remarkable detail about the preparations, which will surely raise some eyebrows in our neighboring country.
Märtha Louise's daughters Emma, ​​Maud and Leah had to pack their bags and leave their mother's house in Lommedalen, to make room for the shaman. According to Se og Hör, this is due to the fact that Durek was quarantined, and that Märtha Louise did not want daughters to have to sit in it with him. Then they would miss several days of schooling and social activities.
Emma, ​​Maud and Leah have been allowed to stay with friends of Märtha Louise. Se og Hör have not found out which ones, but they suspect that Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit let the siblings stay with their cousins.
Se og Hör further writes that Durek has been strictly quarantined during his stay in Norway. He has not moved outside the house since he arrived.
Märtha Louise kastade ut sina döttrar – chocken _ Svensk Dam

Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett create both reactions and headlines with their love story. Not least since their last prank.
In the middle of the corona chaos, Durek crossed the Atlantic, only to be able to compensate for all the time together that he and Märtha Louise lost during the quarantine.
In fact, the whole area has had to adapt to Durek's arrival. Se og Hör. has revealed a rather remarkable detail about the preparations, which will surely raise some eyebrows in our neighboring country.
Märtha Louise's daughters Emma, ​​Maud and Leah had to pack their bags and leave their mother's house in Lommedalen, to make room for the shaman. According to Se og Hör, this is due to the fact that Durek was quarantined, and that Märtha Louise did not want daughters to have to sit in it with him. Then they would miss several days of schooling and social activities.
Emma, ​​Maud and Leah have been allowed to stay with friends of Märtha Louise. Se og Hör have not found out which ones, but they suspect that Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit let the siblings stay with their cousins.
Se og Hör further writes that Durek has been strictly quarantined during his stay in Norway. He has not moved outside the house since he arrived.
Märtha Louise kastade ut sina döttrar – chocken _ Svensk Dam

Sorry but if true, this sounds terrible! Of course the girls shouldn't have to quarantine with the shaman just because he needs to - or, even worse, potentially be exposed to the virus. But I don't think that Märtha Louise sending her daughters to live somewhere else is okay. I hope they were indeed with Haakon, MM and their children!

The shaman should have rented a place to quarantine by himself! It's also irresponsible of ML to quarantine with the shaman and risk infection :ermm::ermm:

Is the shaman really still quarantined? It's been a while now...

It's probably something like "anywhere other than with ML" would have caused too much attention (or been caused by Verrett), and perhaps the girls were just as happy not to be stuck with him for ten days? The gossip rag is phrasing it in the worst possible light.

But yes, the optics of any hint of "partner over children" is bad.

I'm sure he could have found some new spiritual home somewhere and saved the girls having to move out. Hopefully they went to stay with friends and made the most of it having a fab time but I hope the situation in Norway is different from here in the UK where it would be rather odd and seen as a risk to send your daughters elsewhere so your boyfriend can move in.

It's probably something like "anywhere other than with ML" would have caused too much attention (or been caused by Verrett), and perhaps the girls were just as happy not to be stuck with him for ten days? The gossip rag is phrasing it in the worst possible light.

Why would the kids want to end up having to stay away from shcool etc because of his staying wiht them?

Why would the kids want to end up having to stay away from shcool etc because of his staying wiht them?

Exactly. But if the rag can spin it as "she kicked her daughters out for her boyfriend, shock, horror", that sells more.

I'm sure he could have found some new spiritual home somewhere and saved the girls having to move out. Hopefully they went to stay with friends and made the most of it having a fab time but I hope the situation in Norway is different from here in the UK where it would be rather odd and seen as a risk to send your daughters elsewhere so your boyfriend can move in.

Norway has very few infections, so I think from that perspective, it's fine for the girls to stay with someone else. However, with the shaman coming from a country with many more infections, the shaman and ML risked that he might infect her. Unbelievable.

Also the idea of quarantining when arriving in Norway is not to quarantine with local people and risk infecting them with the virus. The idea of quarantine is generally to quarantine alone or with people who were exposed to the same things you were :sad::sad:

Norwegian quarantine rules (https://www.thelocal.no/20200910/wh...tine-rules-and-what-happens-if-you-break-them):

"In Norway, quarantine means that person is asked to stay home from school or work, not receive visitors, not use public transport and only visit shops or pharmacies if strictly necessary or not at all if it is not possible to maintain social distance. You are also allowed to go outside for a walk if you maintain a one-metre distance from others at all times.
Visitors to Norway must stay in places where they are able to quarantine in this way. As such, staying in a motorhome, caravan, tent or cabin on campsites without a private bathroom or toilet and kitchen is not acceptable if you have to share these facilities with people other than your close contacts or travel companions.
Similarly, you cannot stay at accommodation where you have to share rooms or facilities with others than those you usually live with, such as halls of residence and other homes with shared bathrooms or kitchens."

I don't think she chose him over the children and they are framing it as badly as possible, yes, but I still don't think any of this was a good idea. For ML to risk infection was irresponsible, though what she did this time, keeping the children away was a bit better than back in March, when she realized Norway would close its borders soon and flew to California for the week-end, risking infection for all 4 of them and then having to quarantine with the girls. :ermm:

Yes, more attention would probably have been caused by Verrett, especially if he had been bored by himself but maybe she should think about that - if he can't be trusted not to attract attention and post all the private details of their lives online... :whistling: I think if he was more responsible or indeed a more thoughtful person, he would have offered to quarantine by himself.

If he had to quarantine and he was staying with them, I assume the assumption is that NOBODY can leave the house (otherwise, it wouldn't be a quarantine) - so, that would indeed mean that Maud, Leah and Emma would need to stay home instead of going to school for the quarantine period. I guess, ML was fine not leaving the house and catching the virus if he would end up being infected.

Sorry but if true, this sounds terrible! Of course the girls shouldn't have to quarantine with the shaman just because he needs to - or, even worse, potentially be exposed to the virus. But I don't think that Märtha Louise sending her daughters to live somewhere else is okay. I hope they were indeed with Haakon, MM and their children!

The shaman should have rented a place to quarantine by himself! It's also irresponsible of ML to quarantine with the shaman and risk infection :ermm::ermm:

Is the shaman really still quarantined? It's been a while now...

why do you think its terrible? I call this a plain human reaction.
how many couples and families have been seperated because if Covid.
If somebody has the chance to come together I feel joy for them and am not jelous deep down my soul.
maybe even ML kept distance inside the house for the requested number if days but the two were able to speak.
the children are not toddlers but almost adult or teenagers who live to stay elsewhere.
like it or not she loves that man. the media uses it's power to make up weak people's minds, do yourself a favour and not rely too much on the headlines
it's a business.

why do you think its terrible? I call this a plain human reaction.
how many couples and families have been seperated because if Covid.
If somebody has the chance to come together I feel joy for them and am not jelous deep down my soul.
maybe even ML kept distance inside the house for the requested number if days but the two were able to speak.
the children are not toddlers but almost adult or teenagers who live to stay elsewhere.
like it or not she loves that man. the media uses it's power to make up weak people's minds, do yourself a favour and not rely too much on the headlines
it's a business.

Well, they don't have to be separated, the shaman can even move to Norway if he likes, but he should quarantine first and quarantining means staying by yourself. It seems childish that he can't isolate by himself for 10 days and ML potentially exposing herself to the virus is reckless, I stand by that.

Long distance relationships can be difficult and now especially so, but the situation is what it is and as it stands, you can either move to where the other person lives (I know people who have done that) or you will have to accept being separated as countries close borders & restrict entrance.

I don't rely solely on headlines, if you look at my post you can see that I wrote "if true." But it doesn't seem completely unlikely.

ML picked her lover over her children...she stayed with her lover as her children are staying elsewhere? Her children should come first, they are not his children, but hers. They will be gone in a few years out on their own, I would think she could wait a bit and be there for them now and for the next few years. He has too much influence over her. JMOO

ML picked her lover over her children...she stayed with her lover as her children are staying elsewhere? Her children should come first, they are not his children, but hers. They will be gone in a few years out on their own, I would think she could wait a bit and be there for them now and for the next few years. He has too much influence over her. JMOO

Their relationship almost sounds controlling. The normal reaction would be to prioritise your children over your new partner, as most of new couples I know where one already has children do.

The Couple enjoy their time together in Norway:

"Being with the love of my life, a powerful wise woman who accepts all sides of me, makes it possible for me to be me with unconditional love and support. She sees me as I see her with pure acceptance in a relationship that is transparent and full of laughter, spiritual growth and deep soulful love. This transparent relationship allows me to show up, be present and hold space for her to shine without being insecure or afraid of being a powerful man who loves all manner of life on Earth. I love being here in Norway, since I'm part Norwegian, and love the people and nature here. I love family; Maud, Leah, Emma, our dog Xavanna and all our close friends here and especially my newly acquired family. Life is beautiful when you’re with the ones you love. I feel the best I have felt in a very long time. Thank you God.
Tribe, How do you feel with the ones you love? Tag them and let them know."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGXN3qdHKhw/

Back
Top Bottom