Maud Angelica Christening

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Polfoto 02-07-2003 Royal Chapel, Oslo 02/07/03: Princess Märtha and Ari Behn's daugther Maud Angelica Behn was christened at 10:30 am, July 2, in the Royal Chapel in Oslo. She was carried to the christening by her grandfather King Harald, which also is Maud Angelica's godfather. Maud Angelica's other godparents are Crown Prince Haakon, Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (the niece of Queen Margrethe of Denmark, and good friend of Märtha), Anja Sabrina Bjørshol (Ari Behn's sister), Marianne Ulrichsen (Märtha's maid of honour), Kåre Conradi (Ari's best man), and Trond Giske (Norwegian politician and friend of Ari) Maud Angelica wore the same christening robe as her mother Märtha wore when she was babtized. The robe has been used for generations, and was worned both by Crown Prince Haakon, and King Harald and his sisters, when they were babtized. Here, King Harald with Maud Angelica. Ari Behn is down to the right.

Attachments

• maud_c.jpg
    maud_c.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,690
Polfoto 02-07-2003 Oslo, 02.07.2003: Guests arriving at the christening of Maud Angelica, daughter of Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn. Jasmin Haraldsen and Pia Haraldsen. Jasmin Haraldsen is married to Carl Haraldsen, the nephew of Queen Sonja. There have been rumours in the press about Pia Haraldsen being the girlfriend of Crown Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg. Photo: Robert S. Eik / Dagbladet / All Over Press Norway (code: 478581b)

Attachments

• pia_a.jpg
    pia_a.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 963
Polfoto 02-07-2003 Oslo, 02.07.2003: Guests arriving at the christening of Maud Angelica, daughter of Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn. Jasmin Haraldsen and Pia Haraldsen. Jasmin Haraldsen is married to Carl Haraldsen, the nephew of Queen Sonja. There have been rumours in the press about Pia Haraldsen being the girlfriend of Crown Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg. Photo: Robert S. Eik / Dagbladet / All Over Press Norway (code: 478581b)

Attachments

• pia_b.jpg
    pia_b.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 408
www.hello.com

Norway's Royal Family Celebrates Maud's Christening

2 JULY 2003
She holds no royal title, but two-month-old Maud Angelica seemed every bit the little princess as her grandfather, King Harald, cradled his only grandchild during her christening ceremony on Wednesday.

The first-born of Princess Martha Louise and her husband of more than a year, Ari Behn, was surrounded by more than 200 friends and family members – including her uncle and godfather, Crown Prince Haakon and his wife Princess Mette-Marit – as she was baptised at the chapel of the royal palace in Oslo.

In addition to the crown prince, Maud's other godparents included two of Ari's best friends, actor Kaare Conradi and Labour party politician Trond Giske, as well as his sister, Anja Sabrina Bjoershol, and Martha Louise's close confidente Marianne Ulrichsen.

The event was held on a day which holds special meaning for Norway's royal family – July 2, which would have been the 100th birthday of King Olav V, little Maud Angelica's great-grandfather.

Attachments

• christening_dop1a.jpg
    christening_dop1a.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 2,380
More from Maud Angelica's baptism. The official family portrait. Reminds me a bit of the family pictures taken after Danish Felix's baptism.

Attachments

• NY_family.jpg
    NY_family.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 5,523
www.afterposten.no - Marianne Ulrichsen and Didrik Vigsnæs. FOTO: GUNNAR LIER/SCANPIX

Marianne is one of Maud Angelica's godmothers.

Attachments

• ulrich.jpg
    ulrich.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,103
July 2, 2003 - Maud Angelica Christening
Knut Falch / Scanpix Picture

Attachments

• 129479a_scanpix.jpg
    129479a_scanpix.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 5,994
What a great family picture of Martha Louise, Ari and Maud, Mandy. Thanks for sharing it. They look like a very happy and beautiful family.

Any idea whether they refer to her by her full name Maud Angelica or maybe just Maud or just Anjelica? ... Although Maud Anjelica flows so well and nicely together, calling her by her full name isn't so bad. Even if it is a mouthful! :p

Hello Alexandria,
You're welcome for the picture! It's one of my favourite. :flower: I found it in www.aftenposten.no.

I really don't know what Märtha Louise and Ari Behn call Maud Angelica in the privacy of their home. As far as I know neither one has talked to the press in ages.

It took forever for the christening to arrive! And the beautiful pictures! :)

I hope it won't take another two months before we see them again. :(

Originally posted by Alexandria@Jul 3rd, 2003 - 6:26 am
One thing though, I can't say that I cared too much for the hats worn to such a pretty baby's baptism. Martha Louise's hat reminded me of a pizza from one of the first pictures. And Mette-Marit's hat looked like an over-sized headband.
Actually I liked Martha Louise's hat but what was that thing that Mette-Marit had on her head. It kinda looked like a suspended spider's nest. :unsure:

July 2, 2003 - Mette-Marit at Maud Angelica's Christening
Scanpix picture from www.vg.no

Attachments

• 1057214686_scanpix_vg.jpg
    1057214686_scanpix_vg.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 396
The photo above was taken at Akershus castle :)

Mette-Marit did not wear that jacket at the christening
- she put it on for the trip to Akershus castle
- she did not have it on during the reception after the memorial service
- she put it on again for the trip to Hankø
- on her arrival there she had kept her jacket on, but left her head "thing" behind in the car

Polfoto 02-07-2003

A picture from Yesterday

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 464
Gosh! Maud Angelica was sooooo adorable and (and she still are) And what nice gesture to King Olav too.

thissal said:
Actually I liked Martha Louise's hat but what was that thing that Mette-Marit had on her head. It kinda looked like a suspended spider's nest. :unsure:

I like Mette-Marits hat. I like all those headpieces she wears like the silver one she wore at Ingrid Alexandra's christening. Martha Louise's hat is okay, I think it looks better viewed front on, than from the top.

Does anyone know who designed MM and ML's hats?

Last edited:
King carries first grandchild to baptismal font

More than 200 invited guests filled the chapel in Oslo's Royal Palace Wednesday to watch King Harald carry his new granddaughter, Maud Angelica, to her christening ceremony. Baby Maud had no less than five godmothers and godfathers on hand.

Yet another godmother was named as well, Princess Alexandra of Berleburg, a niece of Danish Queen Margrethe, but she wasn't present at the ceremony.

Maud Angelica is the daughter of King Harald's daughter Princess Martha Louise and her husband Ari Behn. Her godfathers included her uncle, Crown Prince Haakon, and two close friends of Ari Behn, actor Kaare Conradi and Labour Party politician Trond Giske.

Godmothers in addition to Princess Alexandra included another close friend of Princess Martha Louise, Marianne Ulrichsen, and Ari Behn's sister, Anja Sabrina Bjoershol.

Oslo Bishop Gunnar Staalsett performed the ceremony, which was deemed a private affair but was held not coincidentally on what would have been the 100th anniversary of Maud Angelica's great-grandfather, the late King Olav V.

Even though Maud Angelica technically now stands in line to inherit the throne in Norway, she has not been granted the title of "princess." Most agreed, however, that she was at least "princess for the day" on Wednesday.

More ceremonies to mark the late monarch's 100th birthday were planned for Wednesday afternoon.

www.aftenposten.no

Is it a religious baptism custom for the sovereign to carry the grandchild to the baptismal font?

Back
Top Bottom