Märtha Louise starting a school - news and discussion connected to the event

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what are they saying about the princess?

- Vi har verdens mest spennende kongehus

PR experts are arguing whether or not the news of Märtha starting a school on how to learn to communicate with angels, learn clairvoyancy, alternative medicine, etc. is positive or negative for the royal house.

Given that Norway has a state church (for now, anyway) and the King is the head of said church, some articles I've read have pointed out that it can be troublesome when his daughter goes alternative ways in terms of religion (although, I imagine there would be more outrage if she converted to catholisism, Islam or other religions - now I imagine she'll just be seen as a bit kooky...). But then, I think it would've been more of a problem if she had done it while she was still a part of the royal house.

Ugh...Certainly it's hard to swallow...What a world we are living in. But of course, since we are in THIS world, completely crazy and turned upside-down, I'm not surprised the least bit about this ...erm...new.

Go ahead! :lol::ROFLMAO:

Vanesa.

I would be interested in attending the school. Too bad the webiste's in norwegian, and I don't speak/read/understand norwegian. I wouldn't consider it an alternative religion, but can be used to enhance one's religious beliefs.

Yes, I just saw this in the news. I would have never thought anything like this. She is starting this school along with a friend no?

There's nothing strange or new in this. Many Kings had the "power" of healing people just by touching them in the past. Having "the gift" has nothing to do with your social standing. Why shouldn't a Royal Princess have it? She's a human like anyone of us.

Also Princess Diana was said to have had it.

What is amazing to me is the money she asks for to attend her school. If you have "the gift", share it with the others. Ask for money, if it's your job, but not so much!

re the fees for attending her school: she dropped her royal allowance I think when she got married so she needs an income

There's nothing strange or new in this. Many Kings had the "power" of healing people just by touching them in the past. Having "the gift" has nothing to do with your social standing. Why shouldn't a Royal Princess have it? She's a human like anyone of us.

Also Princess Diana was said to have had it.

What is amazing to me is the money she asks for to attend her school. If you have "the gift", share it with the others. Ask for money, if it's your job, but not so much!

This kind of shocked me, as it's not usually the "normal" thing for a princess to do, but if you have the gift, by all means share it. I'm not saying I believe this stuff, but how could she get people to talk to angels if they just don't have that capability? Wouldn't it be a waste of money to go to the school?

I couldn't help but chuckle. She is truly becoming an "anything for kroner" princess. But since I am a believer in free thought and expression and if people actually want to sign up for this, by all means, go for it.

I do wonder, though, if she feels she is truly "blessed" with an extraordinary gift, shouldn't she become some sort of missionary to share this gift and not sell it like some entrepreneurial quack?

:future:Well, from what I've seen from Martha Louise, she has always been a "little bit different" from everyone else.:zen:
So this :news:really does not suprise me. though it may suprise her family!

A rather odd confession of a princess, especially considering her father is the head of the Norwegian Lutheran Church.

I find it all a little bit embarassing for the Norwegian Royal Family. For example, in the UK we hear very little about them except perhaps during a state visit, as there was 18 months or so ago. Therfore not many people here know about them. So for this to be the only news people get on them(it made it on to the BBC) is a bit unfortunate.
However, she is not my Princess and I suppose what is more important is how other Norwegians feel.

This is NOT a religion.

Having the ability or wanting to learn these things has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with spirituality which is entirely different. There seems to be a lot of people trying to make it look like she no longer wishes to be Lutheran and that's not correct.

couldn't agree more spirituality has nothing to do with religion. i've know some people with what i consider "gifts" and they would never ever take $ for any help they give NEVER. btw they all believe in God but not organized religion.

Norway's Princess Martha Louise takes absence due to illness
30 Jul 2007
Norwegian Princess Martha Louise has taken leave of absence due to illness, the Royal Palace said Monday...rest of article

Not meaning offense, but that's a little odd. I wonder if it has anything to do with her cracking under the stress from the school she's opening, and all of the negative speculation and calling for her to be kicked out of the Lutheran Church. But, then again, it's most likely just some sickness that she picked up.

Hopefully, Martha Louise will recover soon! Maybe it's stress-related as you say,acdc1.

Or maybe it's the same kind of illness the Countess of Wessex was suffering from these last months...(it's just speculation, of course!:flowers:)

I wonder if she is any good? Anyways, i guess well all have to wait and see what happens next.
Its intresting also that the article says that M-L is charging $4,000 for a weekend course, isnt that quite abig sum of money for such a course?

Princess no longer guaranteeing a date with the angels ( worth reading, it's intresting)
By Thomas Borchert Aug 2, 2007
Oslo - Amid heavy criticism and allegations of fraud and unscrupulous business practices, Norwegian Princess Martha Louise has stopped promising her clients a personal encounter with angels - Read full article here

Last edited:
Princess "ill" after criticism

Norway's Princess Märtha Louise, who last week announced that she was clairvoyant and that she would be launching a school to teach students how to "communicate with angels," is off sick after much criticism for her latest business venture.Read full article here

Well, if she is not preggers, she should be able to heal thyself rather quickly. Unfortunately, warm hands are not able to cure critiscm. I wonder if Mette-Marit regrets her testimonial from years ago, considering where this is all leading.

Princess' 'warm hands' treated sister-in-law Mette-Marit - Aftenposten.no

I dont see why Mette Marit should regret her testimonial, warm hands is another alternative of healing imo. The worse part of this is not the warm hands but the fact that she is opening a school to contact angels & teach people etc.

Last edited:
This article talks much about what M-L wants to do & religion, its intresing to read also why she should do it, they also want her resignation from the church, or even her excommunication. worth reading

Princess draws more flak - read full article here

This article talks much about what M-L wants to do & religion, its intresing to read also why she should do it, they also want her resignation from the church, or even her excommunication. worth reading

Princess draws more flak - read full article here

It's interesting that they're just quoting the negative remarks from the religious leaders - when this all started, Christian newspaper Vårt Land asked several Christian leaders - ranging from the state church to missionary organizations - how they felt about it - and not one of them mentioned excommunication. Many of them were doubtful about healing crystals and whatnot, though. I think that this is less of an actual problem for the church, and more something that has been blown up by the media, given that it is summer.

If she has the 'gift' good for her, but I believe she should separate the palace and her royal duty from this business. It won't bode well for the Queen and King to be embroiled in this.

If she has the 'gift' good for her, but I believe she should separate the palace and her royal duty from this business. It won't bode well for the Queen and King to be embroiled in this.

Her having a career separate from the palace (ie. storytelling, writing books, and now this) was the reason for renouncing the HRH status before she married. Unfortunately, in most people's mind (who don't have an interest in royalty) - the HRH mean little in terms of her connection to the royal house as she still kept the Princess part of it.

Back
Top Bottom