Märtha Louise as an author

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaMinka

Royal Highness
City
Bergen
Country
Norway
Last edited by a moderator:
is there some sort of schedule? I'd like to be able to go see her and buy her book. It'd be really interesting, but...I'd guess she won't be coming to cincinnati. It'd be nice though...

Here's more info on Martha Louise's US tour schedule: :)

Tour Schedule:

Princess Märtha Louise will be in the United States on a tour promoting her book Why Kings and Queens Don't Wear Crowns in October 2005. She will be visiting the following cities:

New York City: Saturday, October 8, 2005:
11:30 am - 1:30 pm - Reading and Signing
American Scandinavian Foundation Scandinavia House
56 Park Avenue (between 37th and 38th St.)
New York, NY 10016 - Telephone: 212-879-9779

Sunday, October 9, 2005:
9:00 am - Appearance on "Fox and Friends" (Fox News Channel - FNC)
Check your local cable listings for times

-------------------------------
Minot, North Dakota (Norsk Høstfest), October 12 & 13, 2005:

Wednesday, October 12, 2005
11:00 am -1:00 pm - Norsk Høstfest: Reading and Signing, Oslo Hall Stage
3:00 pm -5:00 pm - Norsk Høstfest: Reading and Signing, Oslo Hall Stage

Special Event: Wednesday, October 13, 2005
9:45 am - Opening of the Svein Nyhus Original Illustrations Exhibit for Why Kings and Queens Don't Wear Crowns
Norsk Høstfest, Troll Stroll West Hall - H.E. Knut Vollebaek, the Norwegian Ambassador to the United States, will participate in the opening ceremonies.

Thursday, October 13, 2005
11:00 am -1:00 pm - Norsk Høstfest: Reading and Signing, Oslo Hall Stage
5:00 pm -7:00 pm - Norsk Høstfest: Reading and Signing, Oslo Hall Stage
Minot, North Dakota (www.hostfest.com) - Tel.: 701-852-2368
-----------------------------
Seattle, Washington: Saturday, October 15, 2005:
10:30 am -12:30 pm - Reading and Signing
Central Library
1000 Fourth Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104-1109 - Telephone: 206-386-4636

2:30 pm - 4:30 pm - Reading and Signing
All for Kids Books and More
2900 NE Blakeley Street
Seattle, WA 98105 - Telephone: 206-526-2768

Seattle/Poulsbo, Washington: Sunday, October 16, 2005
11:00 am -12:30 pm - Reading and Signing
Sons of Norway Hall (Contact: Suzanne Droppert of Liberty Bay Books)
18891 Front Street (Intersection of Front Street and Kong Olavs Vei)
Poulsbo, WA 98370 - Telephone: 360-779-5909

3:00-5:00 pm - Reading and Signing
Nordic Heritage Museum
3014 NW 67th Street
Seattle, WA 98117 - Telephone: 206-789-5707
-------------------------------
Los Angeles, California:

Tuesday, October 18, 2005
6:00-8:00 pm - Reading and Signing
Angelo M Icaboni Public Library
4990 Clark Ave.
Lakewood, CA 90712 - Telephone: 562-866-1777

http://www.skandisk.com/kingsqueens.htm#tour

Thanks kirstengrafin, your an angel! I'm going to hear her read and sing in New York.. Can't wait!:rolleyes: :)

LaMinka said:
Thanks kirstengrafin, your an angel! I'm going to hear her read and sing in New York.. Can't wait!:rolleyes: :)

LaMinka, I'm so jealous!! Are you taking a camera?

do you think she will come to the uk to have a book launch????

redeye215 said:
LaMinka, I'm so jealous!! Are you taking a camera?
I will if I not forget it like I always do!;)

LaMinka said:

You are lucky.See ML waouh!!;) ;)
Where we power buy this book?And how much is it? thanks

NEW YORK - OCTOBER 8: Princess Martha Louise of Norway (L) reads from her new children's book, "Why Kings and Queens Don't Wear Crowns," for a group of children at Scandinavia House October 8, 2005 in New York City. (Photo by Thos Robinson/Getty Images)

http://creative.gettyimages.com/source/home/home.aspx

Attachments

• 55881018.jpg
    55881018.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 345
  • 55881016.jpg
    55881016.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 352
  • 55880998.jpg
    55880998.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 373
  • 55880988.jpg
    55880988.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 298
  • 55880970.jpg
    55880970.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 294
  • 55880955.jpg
    55880955.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 311
  • 55880932.jpg
    55880932.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 302
Having read the book, in Norwegian, I have to say that it's the kind of book that might not have sold quite as solid as it has done, had it not been written by a princess, and published before the centennial. Because other than that, it doesn't really stand out- writingwise.

It's not a bad children's book, per se, but Bomann-Larsen's children's book around the same theme (the Royal family's arrival in 1905 and skiing), is funnier and a better read. That is, of course, only my opinion.

The weather's been lousy here in New York. Its been raining nonstop since last night. I wanted to go to the Scandavian House today but its just too yucky out and I have bronchitis.

The signing looks like its a success - bad weather notwithstanding. LaMinka, how did it go?

Princess cashes in on title to sell her children's book
Norway's Princess Martha Louise will be using her royal title for all its worth this month, when she sets off on an 11-day tour of the US to sell a children's book she's written.

Such commercial exploitation is controversial at home in Norway.
-------

Heh, I like how true this is. "Using her royal title for all its worth"...kinda' brings Sarah Ferguson to mind. :p Both very nice people, but relying on their titles to sell stuff. Didn't Fergie write books under "HRH the Duchess of York"?

ysbel said:
The weather's been lousy here in New York. Its been raining nonstop since last night. I wanted to go to the Scandavian House today but its just too yucky out and I have bronchitis.

The signing looks like its a success - bad weather notwithstanding. LaMinka, how did it go?
Very god, Märtha is great! I was going with my little sister Julie and Märtha was very nice with all the children and she talk with them and again she is just great! And she is more beautiful in person than in the pictures:rolleyes:

And btw when me and Julie was on Scandinavia House, was my boyfriend on this site (Logged in as me) and he like this site very much too.

Last edited:
LaMinka said:
Very god, Märtha is great! I was going with my little sister Julie and she was very nice with all the children and she talk with them and again she is just great! And she is more beautiful in person than in the pictures:rolleyes:

And btw when me and Julie was on Scandinavia House, was my boyfriend on this site (Logged in as me) and he like this site very much too.

Thanks for telling us LaMinka! She seems like she really loves children. Did you take any pictures?

I think its great that she able to have a career for herself and heighten awareness of the Norwegian monarchy with her stories.

I wonder were you worried about your boyfriend posting anything here while you were gone? :D

ysbel said:
Thanks for telling us LaMinka! She seems like she really loves children. Did you take any pictures?

I think its great that she able to have a career for herself and heighten awareness of the Norwegian monarchy with her stories.

I wonder were you worried about your boyfriend posting anything here while you were gone? :D
The camera....... NOW!! Not again!! I had the camera with me... and my phone..:mad: :mad: I can't say a word.

I don't think he posted... Or I meen I hope not... Did he?? THOMAS DANIEL!:D

LaMinka said:
The camera....... NOW!! Not again!! I had the camera with me... and my phone..:mad: :mad: I can't say a word.

I don't think he posted... Or I meen I hope not... Did he?? THOMAS DANIEL!:D

LOL :D I always forget to take pics too.

I am very sad right now. I have been watching Fox and Friends since 4 AM PDT this morning (and I watched the entire three hour show yesterday morning) hoping to see Martha Louise and so far I haven't seen anything. It's 6:38 AM right now. I don't think they will have her on after all. It's really sad, as I was really, really looking forward to this.

Pink Tulip said:
Hello everyone,

Here is a link to the article on Martha Louise on the Seattle Times website.

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=princess16m&date=20051016&query=princess

I hope it works. i couldn't see if anyone else has posted it on this board.

Thanks for posting the article Pink Tulip.

I wonder where Nancy Bartley dug up this fact "When she fell in love and married a commoner deemed unsuitable by her father." :confused:

Harald never disapproved of Ari Behn and even if he did, he never publicly hinted at it.

Thanks for that bit of information, Mandy. I read it and wondered about KH saying that since I had never heard it. Then again, I am not all that knowledgeable about Martha Louise life.

A flawed article in many ways, ie. Leah is Märtha and Ari's oldest daughter?

Picture from her latest book

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to put this picture in, but I'll take a chance :D

This is an illustration in Princess Märtha Louises latest book called Why Kings and Queens don't wear crowns. It is made by childrens books illustrator Sven Nyhus. And it is quite a humourous depiction of new royal family's arrival in Norway in 1905. And if they hadn't come to Norway, Princess Märtha Louise wouldn't be, so thus I put it here...:)

By the way, I found it at www.wikipedia.org

Attachments

• Nyhus_Hvorfor_02.jpg
    Nyhus_Hvorfor_02.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 430
Princess of Norway to come to Grand Forks
Martha Louise will visit April 19 as part of a book tour

By Tu-Uyen Tran
Herald Staff Writer

Grand Forks resident Glenn Fontaine was rolling some lefse last year when the phone rang with a message that stunned him to silence.
A friend from church who was there asked what could be wrong. Nothing, he replied, the princess of Norway is coming to town.

Now news of royalty can be exciting for some people, but it was doubly so for Fontaine who happens to be president of the local chapter of the Sons of Norway. His ardor for all things Norwegian is such that he says that there's two places he'd like to visit in his lifetime and they are heaven and Norway not in that order, of course. By the way, he makes lefse regularly.

Princess M"rtha Louise is indeed paying a visit to Grand Forks April 19 as part of a 20-city U.S. book tour. Her Highness would be reading to children here from her first book "Why Kings and Queens Don't Wear Crowns," a true story about the childhood of her grandfather King Olav V.

"Any time a member of the Norwegian royal family visits, it creates great media attention," said Bruce Gjovig of the Nordic Initiative. "The Norwegian-American community has both a great fondness for Norway and Norwegian royal family. For many people, this is their one brush with royalty."

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/news/local/13826127.htm?source=rss&channel=grandforks_local

more on the Book Tour : http://www.skandisk.com/kingsqueens.htm

Tour Schedule

Princess Märtha Louise will be in the United States on a tour promoting her book Why Kings and Queens Don't Wear Crowns in April 2006. She will be visiting 21 cities throughout the United States.​

California :

San Diego, California: Sunday, April 2, 2006:
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Reading and Signing
Mingei Museum
1439 El Prado
San Diego, CA 92101 - Telephone: 619-239-0003

Coronado, California: Monday, April 3, 2006:
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm - Reading and Signing
City of Coronado Public Library
640 Orange Ave.
Coronado, CA 92118 - Telephone: 619-522-2471

Other cities on the April 2006 tour include:
Carlsbad, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; New York, NY; Minneapolis, MN; Northfield, MN; Minnetonka, MN; Fargo, ND; Moorhead, MN; Grand Forks, ND; Denver, CO; Longmont, CO; Madison, WI; Stoughton, WI; Red Wing, MN; Seattle, WA; Edmonds, WA; and Tacoma, WA.

February 24, 2006: Princess Märtha Louise reading from her book "Hvorfor de kongelig ikke har krone på hodet" on Friday evening in Panorama in Eidsvoll.
www.rb.no

Attachments

• 779842g rb-no.jpg
    779842g rb-no.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 234
  • 779843g rb-no.jpg
    779843g rb-no.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 487
That would be great, LaPlusBelle

I don't follow Princess Martha Louise that closely but I decided to browse this thread today. Did she dye her hair blonde in the back?! And whatever she did, eek! I liked her with her short, brown hair; she looked very sweet and pretty.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=232764&d=1142517678

I'm thinking of going down to San Diego on April 2nd when she promotes her book there. If I do, she's going to be the first royal I've seen in person and in the States in California. I think that's quite an accomplishment here in America. :D

Last edited:
Thanks Larzen. These pictures are great! Martha-Louise's coat is pretty wild.

Martha-Louise will be in San Diego promoting her book 'Why Kings and Queens Don't Wear Crowns'. She'll give a talk and then read from her book. During the day, guests will get to see traditional Norwegian folklore and at night there will be a special dinner. It costs $25 for the day events and $75 for the evening. Not bad! No pictures but an interesting article.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20060324-9999-1c24norway.html

Back
Top Bottom