Märtha Louise as an author

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Norwegian Princess to visit St. Olaf College

Princess Martha Louise of Norway, the only daughter of King Harald V and Queen Sonja and fourth in line to the Norwegian throne, will visit St. Olaf College on Thursday, April 13, as part of a national speaking and promotional tour for her book Why Kings and Queens Don't Wear Crowns.

http://fusion.stolaf.edu/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=NewsDetails&id=3274

It's seems ML has been "promoting" he book for ages, there is no mention of the money earned coming from the event going to a charity besides herself.
and when will she start writing books as Mrs. Behn?:(
Wittykitty:confused:

wittykitty said:
It's seems ML has been "promoting" he book for ages, there is no mention of the money earned coming from the event going to a charity besides herself.
and when will she start writing books as Mrs. Behn?:(
Wittykitty:confused:
The proceedings from this book were not intended to go to charity - Märtha Louise renounced her HRH to be able to do it like this.

As her name isn't Mrs. Behn, it would be odd if she should start writing books as it.

The books are how she earns her living. As for her using her married name I guess she doesn't because her own name is much more well known and of course the title helps.

Attachments

• mx,cnv,xcnv.jpg
    mx,cnv,xcnv.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 384
  • hkjhkj.jpg
    hkjhkj.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 342
  • n,m.jpg
    n,m.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 374
  • mbkj.jpg
    mbkj.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 370
  • ksjlksjflkdsf.jpg
    ksjlksjflkdsf.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 358
Martha Louise in San Diego

Yesterday I attended Martha Louise's presentation at the Mingei Museum in San Diego's Balboa Park.

She told a few stories about growing up in Skaugum, then read very theatrically from her book.

She was very sweet when she signed my copy of the book -- said that she was "glad to meet [me] too," when I stated what a pleasure it was to meet her. I asked if her kids were with her in San Diego, and she told me that the children will be joining her in the States later.

genendl said:
Yesterday I attended Martha Louise's presentation at the Mingei Museum in San Diego's Balboa Park.

She told a few stories about growing up in Skaugum, then read very theatrically from her book.

She was very sweet when she signed my copy of the book -- said that she was "glad to meet [me] too," when I stated what a pleasure it was to meet her. I asked if her kids were with her in San Diego, and she told me that the children will be joining her in the States later.

Welcome to the board genendl! Wow, you are very lucky to have met her! Did you get any photos?

There is an article in Aftenposten about the princess's book tour and again it is talking about the use of her title in promoting her book. Personally I am getting a bit sick of the media talking about it.

Princess off on new sales tour

Princess Martha Louise is hitting the road again, in an effort to drum up even more sales for the children's book she released last year.

The princess has been harshly criticized in Norway for commercially exploiting her royal title. No other Norwegian royal has ever so blatantly used his or her royal status to earn money, but Princess Martha Louise takes the critics in stride.

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1266897.ece

Thanks, Pink Tulip!

Thank you for the welcome! I've enjoyed reading these boards for ages.

I didn't have my digital camera, and the regular camera didn't have its flash, so my partner managed to take two photos with my cellphone. I'll try to post them tonight.

It was quite an expensive event -- $25 per person for adults, $10 for children, and did not include the cost of the book ($20). She spoke for under one hour.

She did give two additional presentations in San Diego (one yesterday, one today, actually) free of charge (except for the book, of course). I opted for the Sunday presentation, because I wanted to hear her speak about growing up royal.

She did tell a really cute childhood anecdote about getting in trouble for playing with Queen Elizabeth's fur coat.

Sorry if I'm mistaken:eek: , but wasn't this interview posted before, I downloaded it and I know it came from TRF:rolleyes:

crisiñaki said:
Sorry if I'm mistaken:eek: , but wasn't this interview posted before, I downloaded it and I know it came from TRF:rolleyes:

I think some of the things she said were similar to the interview she did with Lenoard Lopate show on her last tour.

Face to Face has the same pics but the quality us better and the watermark smaller in abaca

http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/search.php?u=&message=Event:+Launching%20of%20Norway%27s%20Princess%20Martha%20Louise%27s%20fairytale%20%22Why%20Kings%20and%20Queens%20Don%27t%20Wear%20Crowns%22%20-%20New%20York&assignment_id=29055

Princess Märtha Louise promoting her book in NY, the Norwegian sailor church. I belive the woman behind her is her secretary Mari Sørli. According to Aftenposten Ari Behn and the girls has travelled to USA to celebrate easter with her. Accually Ari Behn should already be there, as a Ibsen show he has helped arrange had premier one of theese days
http://www.kjerka.com/Hvaskjer.html
th_41894_6.jpg

Last edited:
May I ask, why did Märtha Louise take off her shoes in the pics posted by Larzen in post #173?
EDIT: Was it part of her story/speech?

I had also gone to New York on Tuesday to try to catch her at FAO Schwarz, but when I got there, she was sick and according to the guy i talked to, I think she got it from one of her kids who had it and it sort of just went around.... Sigh!!! And I was so looking forward to seeing her... I did get a copy of her book and she left some stickers with her signature on it which they stuck inside. Oh well...

Children from the Northfield Youth Choir listen as Norway's Princess Martha Louise reads to local children Thursday, April 13, 2006, at St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minn

from yahoo/ap

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 315
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 304
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 281
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 337
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Help!
If I have personal pictures of one of Martha Louise's event in Minnesota, do I just use Imageshack to host them?

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2006/04/18/news/state/113329.txt

Princess knows importance of fairy tales

FARGO (AP) - The princess visiting North Dakota this week thinks fairy tales have an important role in society.
"It's very important, I think, to look at the fairy tales," said Princess Märtha Louise, of Norway. "They have so much wisdom in them."

The princess, who's touring America to promote a children's book, knows a thing or two about fairy tales. Since releasing her first book in 2004, she has been collecting folk stories from across the globe.
She plans to release the stories in four volumes, with a story for each day split into a book for each season. She expects the books to be released in 2007 in Scandinavia and 2008 elsewhere.

Fairy tales can best be thought of as the greatest hits of oral storytelling, Märtha Louise said.
"In the olden days, they didn't have TV or radio. They had to make their own stories. I'm sure there were as many bad stories as we have bad TV channels, but the ones that have survived are the good ones, because they haven't died out," she said in a phone interview last week from New York.

Sorry I haven't posted the pictures yet. I've been sick and the images were too big. So here they are (i hope this works):

Last edited:
Princess Martha was in Denver, CO, today promoting her book. I'm not sure how to post a link, but if you go to the RockyMountainNews.com website and click on the "local" news and then go to the page for April 22 there is a link to a story and a picture of the Princess.

Attachments

• 433357904-_o.jpg
    433357904-_o.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 274
Norwegian Princess Martha Louise talks with The Associated Press during an interview Thursday, April 13, 2006 in Bloomington, Minn. She has been on tour in the United States and is promoting her book, "Why Kings and Queens Don't Wear Crowns."

From Polfoto

Attachments

• AP741588.jpg
    AP741588.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 286
Martha Louise was ona program called "Northwest Afternoon" today. She basically talked about what it's like to be a "real-life" princess and promoted her book. It was lovely. They don't have pictures on the website, just a brief teaser (http://www.komotv.com/nwa/calendar.asp)

Attachments

• BTimg_spb59aba_cec0_256494b.jpg
    BTimg_spb59aba_cec0_256494b.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 553
  • dshfkdsjf.jpg
    dshfkdsjf.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 386
  • newPic_2736_jpg_256493c.jpg
    newPic_2736_jpg_256493c.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:
Are there anymore pics? the girls are gorgeous!!

Are the pictures from today or from yesterday? (or any other day :) ) I´ve been trying to make it out from the Aftenposten article, but I can´t find it.

the pics are from Saturday

Here is another one from Bergen promoting her book
www.bt.no

Attachments

• BTimg_657749M_RTHAL_255824b.jpg
    BTimg_657749M_RTHAL_255824b.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 363
Back
Top Bottom