Leah Isadora's Baptism

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liv

Courtier
Country
Germany
The godparents has been chosen.

Godparents chosen

Queen Sonja will carry her granddaughter to the baptismal font at the palace chapel next Thursday when Leah Isadora Behn, daughter of Princess Märtha Louise and author Ari Behn, is christened.
The other godparents to Leah Isadora will be Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands, Märtha Louise's friends Gry Brusletto and Katharina Salbu, Ari Behn's brother Espen Bjørshol, Didrik Vigsnæs, (the husband of Princess Märtha Louise's second cousin Marianne Ulrichsen) and Ari Behn's friend composer Jon Andreas Håtun, better known by his stage name Jono El Grande.

Oslo Bishop Ole Christian Kvarme will perform the service and baptismal ceremony.

Laurentien is a surprise for me

source: Aftenposten

The confirmation on the royal site:

Leah Isadora Behns faddere

Leah Isadora Behn bæres til dåpen av Hennes Majestet Dronningen. Øvrige faddere er Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Laurentien av Nederland, Gry Brusletto, Katharina Salbu, Espen Bjørshol, Didrik Vigsnæs og Jon Andreas Håtun.

for me as well! i did not know martha and laurentien had a close relationship.

is it common to choose so many godparents in the protestant church?

who were maud's godparents?

It's so strange that Haakon or Mette marit are not godparents of Leah.But there would be alot of pics on that day.And we would see new hats of Martha Louise,Queen Sonja,Mette Marit and Laurentien too.

carlota said:
for me as well! i did not know martha and laurentien had a close relationship.

is it common to choose so many godparents in the protestant church?

who were maud's godparents?

It's relatively common to have a lot of godparents/sponsors, yes. The church recommends anything from two to six, I think it was.

Maud's godparents/sponsors are: Princess Alexandra of Berleburg, King Harald, Crown Prince Haakon, Kåre Conradi (Norwegian actor), Trond Giske (Norwegian politician), Marianne Ulrichsen (Märtha's best friend/second cousin) & Anja Sabrina Bjørshol (Ari's sister)

baptism

tomorrow, baptism of leah isadora :)

Does anyone know if the christening will be broadcasted?

It doesn't say anywhere in the reports I've seen. NRK has a news report at noon, which is when the christening will start, but I think this will very much be a low key affair. It isn't like when Maud Angelica was christened as the first of the King's grandchildren, when one didn't know about Ingrid Alexandra's arrival, and was the first female born with rights to the throne after the change in law.

It's not a national affair, but a family event.

1-3 and 5 Märtha and her family

4 Pia Haraldsen, not as sl***y as last time but still not exactly elegant for a church service

6-9 the christening

Attachments

• dåp1.jpg
    dåp1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,000
  • dåp3.jpg
    dåp3.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 2,432
  • dåp4.jpg
    dåp4.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,158
  • daåp2.jpg
    daåp2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 850
  • ghkdf.jpg
    ghkdf.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 4,841
  • nytt.jpg
    nytt.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 2,180
  • nytt2.jpg
    nytt2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 475
  • nytt3.jpg
    nytt3.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 786
  • nytt4.jpg
    nytt4.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,673
Last edited:
Thank you norwegianne for translating the article and Larzen for the photos. I admire how honest Märtha is about personal issues, such as childbirth and how she and Ari go about raising their children. Oh no! Not Pia. She looks horrible. Definitely not an outfit for a Christening! Anyway, this is my favourite photo. Aww! They all look really lovely. ML is wearing a really pretty pink suit, and Angelica looks so cute. :p Hmm, in the first photo, all the women are wearing pink; is that a coincidence?

where are haakon and mette marit , ???

Danielle said:
Thank you norwegianne for translating the article and Larzen for the photos. I admire how honest Märtha is about personal issues, such as childbirth and how she and Ari go about raising their children. Oh no! Not Pia. She looks horrible. Definitely not an outfit for a Christening! Anyway, this is my favourite photo. Aww! They all look really lovely. ML is wearing a really pretty pink suit, and Angelica looks so cute. :p Hmm, in the first photo, all the women are wearing pink; is that a coincidence?
I love that photo too.

From ANP photo:

Attachments

• 2774118.jpg
    2774118.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 439
  • 2774130.jpg
    2774130.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 504
  • 2774210.jpg
    2774210.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 3,272
  • 2774184.jpg
    2774184.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 636
Last edited:
1 The Queen (with an elegant hat for a change) holding her granddaughter during the christening

2 All the Godparents and parents, and grandparents

No outragous hats in sights so far, but we still dont now what Mette-Marit is wearing;) Märtha Looks beautiful and I love how she dressed Maud Angelica (not in pink:D )

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 744
  • sonja.jpg
    sonja.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,700
i think mette marit is the one in the bottom left corner in black in your last picture... isnt she? and yes, if she is the one i think she is wearing another of those outrageous hats...

A photo from Getty Images.

I must say, Laurentien looks pretty in green, but I don't know about that hat.

Attachments

• LI.jpg
    LI.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,698
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/06/16/norwegianchristening/

NORWEGIAN ROYALS CHRISTEN LITTLE LEAH ISADORA

16 JUNE 2005

Princess Martha Louise of Norway and her husband Ari Behn celebrated a landmark day in the life of their second little girl Leah Isadorah when the two-month-old was baptised at the Royal Palace chapel on Thursday.

Martha Louise, dressed in pink, held the couple's elder daughter, Maud Angelica, while dad Ari cradled little Leah in his arms as the family arrived. It was Queen Sonja, however, who took the infant in her arms at the altar as the christening took place.

Martha Louise recently explained the origins of her little girl's unusual name – her second moniker was inspired by Isadora Duncan and as far as the baby's first name is concerned, she quipped: "I've always been a big fan of Star Wars – Princess Leia has always been the most beautiful in the whole world!"

Leah Isadora, King Harald and Queen Sonja's third grandchild, is fifth in line to the throne.

1. Princess Martha Louise carries elder daughter Maud Angelica as husband Ari Behn cradles two-month-old Leah Isadora
2. The ceremony, held in the chapel of the Royal Palace, was also attended by recently recuperated King Harald and his wife, Queen Sonja

Attachments

• norchristening-dop1a.jpg
    norchristening-dop1a.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 2,207
  • norchristening-dop2a.jpg
    norchristening-dop2a.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,817
Thanks to all, who have posted pictures and informations. Leah is an adorable little lady, so is her sister. I´m very impressed by Märtha´s interview. She seems so warm, "normal" and down-to-earth...

Mette Marit was there:

Attachments

• mettemarit.jpg
    mettemarit.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 684
  • daap2959.jpg
    daap2959.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,619
Thank you for the pictures, HMQueenElizabethII.
I can see/picture now Larzen loading her "gun" to "judge" MM´s "hat" :rolleyes:

i actually liked it... but that obsessive use of pink is just too much :) mette marit and ingrid both in pink...

Lena said:
I can see/picture now Larzen loading her "gun" to "judge" MM´s "hat" :rolleyes:

I have seen worse;) Her suit is very nice and today she hardly looks pregnant:confused: whilst she looked very pregnant in Tromsø.

Leah Isadora is a beautiful child, her sister reminds me so much of Märtha. I think everyone looks good, they have a short clip on NRK and you can see someone I think is Countess Eloise trying to run up to Laurentien when they are about to leave the chappel:D

Im not at all sure about Laurentiens hat, it looks sort of like turban(is that an english word?)

Last edited:
There are lots of really beautiful Official Pictures from GREMB,but it's really in big size,so i don't know how to get to our site.But it's really great Official Pictures.

Last edited:
Leah Isadora looks absolutely adorable, as does her big sister Maud Angelica.
I love that picture of the entire royal family, to think that in less than a year's time, the Royal Family will congregate for another christening (one that of Mette-Marit and Haakon's child) :)

4 pictures of cute little Ingrid Alexandra and her cousin Maud. Of course the white teddy had to be with Ingrid again. :)
From ANB

EDIT: I´ve edited the pics of IA, because Larzen had better versions (see the post below)

Attachments

• MA1.jpg
    MA1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 535
  • Ma2.jpg
    Ma2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,621
Last edited:
From www.siste.no

In the thrid pic you can barely see Prince Constantijn with his daughter, he is on the row behind Haakon

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,502
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 2,183
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 359
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg