Edinburgh Family Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lady Louise asked her what the Red Arrows were/what the colours and you can see the Queen respond "They're red, white and blue. That's what it is" Too cute. Thanks for the images. There's a brief video on YouTube here.

Can I say, probably for the 3rd time , how lovely it was to see Lady Louise there?!
As so many have said it, she looked comfortable and enjoying every minute. For a moment Prince William and Catherine showed here the airplane coming and that has to be one of my favorites.
Also after Epsom Derby, and yesterday I feel the Countess will be a great helping hand for the Duchess, and really an example to follow.

This child wins the 'Most Enthusiastic Smile' award. It's wonderful to see her out and about, and so happy to boot.

Right? this is a genuine smile. God knows Prince Andrew could take a few lessons with his niece :p

Can I say, probably for the 3rd time , how lovely it was to see Lady Louise there?!
As so many have said it, she looked comfortable and enjoying every minute. For a moment Prince William and Catherine showed here the airplane coming and that has to be one of my favorites.
Also after Epsom Derby, and yesterday I feel the Countess will be a great helping hand for the Duchess, and really an example to follow.

Right? this is a genuine smile. God knows Prince Andrew could take a few lessons with his niece :p

I adore that little moment, as Louise's face LIGHTS up when she sees the Red Arrows. It's sooooo cute.

I agree, Prince Andrew could do with riding with Lady Louise, he could get a few tips on how to enjoy moments. Lady Louise loved every second and you could see she was quite disappointed to leave the balcony at the end. :(

That was adorable to see. Shows us that W&C are really good with kids, and that Louise just may be giving them some practice on how to keep the said kids happy and entertained at such events as balcony appearances (because let's face it, if you're six or seven or eight, standing still and behaving is not always easy).

Prince Andrew would benefit from just learning how to look that he's genuinely interested, and then we can move on to smiling, but his niece may help him master both :p

Thumbs up for Louise yet again :).

Last edited:
That was adorable to see. Shows us that W&C are really good with kids, and that Louise just may be giving them some practice on how to keep the said kids happy and entertained at such events as balcony appearances (because let's face it, if you're six or seven or eight, standing still and behaving is not always easy).

Prince Andrew would benefit from just learning how to look that he's genuinely interested, and then we can move on to smiling, but his niece may help him master both :p

Thumbs up for Louise yet again :).

Louise was better behaved than the other girls on the balcony, which you can see from the clips of the family standing straight for the National Anthem as the Queen passed beneath them. Little Louise stood still with everyone else and the other girls were moving around. Louise knows the protocol already, haha! But I understand it must be hard not to get distracted by the surroundings up there at their age.

Louise should give lessons in smiles. :D She's such a carefree little girl. It's lovely to see. She's inherited that from her parents I imagine.

:previous: I didn't see the footage of the National Anthem, so I cannot comment on that, but I did see Louise fidget a little, just like any other child would. Sure, she didn't take off her hair tie and start chewing on it, unlike one of the Taylor girls (who was simply gnawing on that defenseless hairband of hers), but she did her share of moving around, which is fine, because it's not easy to stand still for a long period of time.

This being said, I'm not at all criticising her behavior. She's a child, and will not be able to behave flawlessly at every single event.

:previous: I didn't see the footage of the National Anthem, so I cannot comment on that, but I did see Louise fidget a little, just like any other child would. Sure, she didn't take off her hair tie and start chewing on it, unlike one of the Taylor girls (who was simply gnawing on that defenseless hairband of hers), but she did her share of moving around, which is fine, because it's not easy to stand still for a long period of time.

This being said, I'm not at all criticising her behavior. She's a child, and will not be able to behave flawlessly at every single event.

here is a part with the National Anthem starts around 2:25 and you can see it :flowers: It's very precious little girl :rose:
YouTube - ‪Trooping the Colour 2011 - Scots Guards [8 of 8]‬‏

Edward isn't quite as enthused by Sophie's apparent win as she is:

One, two and three.

Quite amusing.

I like the idea of him losing the bet. Though he seemed in MUCH better spirits the next day so perhaps he hoped he'd win that day.

Those pictures of Sophie being very exited and Edward looking rather amazed to his wife are quite funny.
Maybe he did lose on the bet.:)
But my first thought was that he looked a bit embarrassed ( is that how you write that) about his wife being overly excited. Prince Philip also looked really surprised as if he is thinking : what is my daughter in law doing???"
Quite funny those pictures. But we don't know what they are thinking do we.
I am very pleased people are not making pictures every day from me.... good grief the thought only is quite frightening.
(excuse my english)

Thanks for more pictures MagMil, can never have enough of this little family.

leene, I also thought he looked quite embarrassed too, but then I thought it was amusing that he wasn't smiling with her. Prince Philip's expression is also priceless. Sophie just got a bit excited.

Not exactly an picture of the family, but i've found a video of Edward with Louise and James at the Royal Windsor Horse Show 2010. It's cute. Sophie's Dad, Christopher Rhys-Jones, is there as well as her brother, David Rhys-Jones. The women in the interesting green outfit is their nanny.

Royal Windsor Horse Show

Those pictures of Sophie being very exited and Edward looking rather amazed to his wife are quite funny.
Maybe he did lose on the bet.:)
But my first thought was that he looked a bit embarrassed ( is that how you write that) about his wife being overly excited. Prince Philip also looked really surprised as if he is thinking : what is my daughter in law doing???"
Quite funny those pictures. But we don't know what they are thinking do we.
I am very pleased people are not making pictures every day from me.... good grief the thought only is quite frightening.
(excuse my english)

Embarrassed? I don't know... I'm sure the Queen is just as animated as Sophie when one of her horses wins. :lol:

I've founda nice little picture of Edward and Sophie fro 2005 at the Windsor Horse Show. I think it's sweet because they're holding hands. They aren't one for hand holding and such in public, so because it's rare makes it nicer.

One + Two.

I may be the only one who thinks it's sweet, haha.

:previous: Sophie's facial expression is not a happy one (neither is Edward's for that matter). But it's nice to see them holding hands. That's an intimate and loving gesture.

:previous: Sophie's facial expression is not a happy one (neither is Edward's for that matter). But it's nice to see them holding hands. That's an intimate and loving gesture.

I think the camera caught them when they were talking, and they are also walking, but yes, Sophie does not look particularly amused, nor does Edward. It was a sweet image though. They rarely hold hands in public, so it was a nice touch.

I've founda nice little picture of Edward and Sophie fro 2005 at the Windsor Horse Show. I think it's sweet because they're holding hands. They aren't one for hand holding and such in public, so because it's rare makes it nicer.

One + Two.

I may be the only one who thinks it's sweet, haha.

It' s so sweet :) , thanks Molly2101 :flowers:
I also find pictures from the same event, but it's REX gallery and because I don't have account I can't see in bigger version
here is the link1 and link2

t is very sweet, isn't it? They should do it more often, haha! Thanks for those images. I often wish I had a REX account, but I am obviously not allowed one as I do not work in the "industry". The images on the next page show them laughing at something, it's quite amusing.

I found a little photo of Sophie at the Queen's garden party. It looks like she's wearing the same hat as she wore to ascot day 2. Unfortunately, Edward wasn't there. :(
Pictures - What they wore to Queen Elizabeth
Yes, it's same hat and dress,just different coat :) ,but it's lovely and looks great on her :).
I'm sorry too,but prince Edward it will be present on next garden party in Edinburgh on 5th july :)

Back
Top Bottom