Edinburgh Family Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sophie looks wonderful. her figure is perfect. funny how society is now use to the "rail thin" look where all you see is bone protruding.

Various Ascot pics from 1995 (1+2), 1996, 2001, 2002:

11k8qyd.jpg
11k8rx1.jpg
11k8sb6.jpg
11k8u13.jpg
11k8ug4.jpg

(HOLA, Bunte, HELLO)

Thanks , everyone for posting all those fantastic photos.It is gratifying to see how genuinely happy they are. Very attractive. I do like the photo of Sophie and Phillip, the one of Edward and Sophie on a swing bridge with his arm about her. There are a couple of them holding hands. They seem to have a very good repartee, if that is the correct word.I quite liked all her outfits, except for 2 or 3.. Sophie is very attractive and Edward looks very happy in her company.
Thank you again, everyone, for posting all these photos... Kate

Laviollette said:
Sophie and Edward in 2001
Aren't they a handsome pair. Where do you find all these photos?
From books, the internet ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Will's princess said:
Wow! When I just saw the thumbnail of the photo where Edward has the tennis racket I thought it was Princess Di with him. Thanks Sophie

There is a photo ( There is a photo on here of her wearing this suit) of Sophie, wearing a linen colour two piece suit with a matching hat.. the skirt is above her knee, : just in front of her and to the side is Diana standing and she is wearing a striking outfit as well, darker in colour,and I believe the length was to the calf, with a wide brimmed hat. Whenever I've seen this photo, I am always impressed how attractive each lady is and , yes, although they do resemble each other in colouring and hair, they are both lovely and each are their own person.. I wonder if they would have been friends?:) Does anyone have that particular photo..? They were at a wedding... Sorry - Don't know how else to describe this one..

Aren't they a handsome pair. Where do you find all these photos?
From books, the internet ??

hey
well i think there are sources from the press like corbis or gettyimages. also there are books about them and different homepages, but also mags like hello or, in germany where i live, lots of other mags about royalty!

Lady Jean said:
KateMac63: is this the event? I think it was the only time Sophie and Diana were photographed at the same event. And you were right...it was Lady Sarah (Armstrong-Jones) Chatto's wedding, July 14, 1994.

If I have the wrong event, at least here are some more Sophie pix ;)

I also believe that KateMac meant that event, as I can't remember any other wedding they both attended :) Here is the pic of Sophie and Diana together:

11sm1aw.jpg
11sm4hz.jpg

(HOLA)

thank you sue

that picture is when in 1993 sophie first met edward at queen's club when sue barker was unable to do this photocall with edward so sophie boss brian maclaurin ask her to step in.:)

sophie said:
that picture is when in 1993 sophie first met edward at queen's club when sue barker was unable to do this photocall with edward so sophie boss brian maclaurin ask her to step in.:)
I remember an article from that time including the pic that said it was wrong of her to touch a prince the way she did (so close and with her hand on his shoulder) :rolleyes: ;)

edward the young prince

these pictures from corbis of a very young edward with his family he looks so much like lady louise

I always love to see these pics again: Edward sitting with big bother Charles or playing on the floor with Andrew - very sweet..Thanks Sophie :)

Another nice pic from 1986, when he was offered that cowboy hat, Edward joked "Just what I've always wanted" :D :

123oznc.jpg

(RM)

Some more pics from 2003, the last pic with the boy makes me laugh, seems as if he was so shy that he had to be held in order not to run away..;)

15ml8c1.jpg
15mlbbs.jpg
15mldef.jpg
15mldlt.jpg

(HOLA)

Sophie at a hunting shortly before her wedding:

167a4wm.jpg
167a5ar.jpg

(HOLA)

Sophie and Edward having fun at an official engagement in 2002:

48n8rcg.jpg
2mxhaqd.jpg
2cy447r.jpg
2nl9uky.jpg

(polfoto)

Good friends - Sophie and Tiggy in 2000:

2dad9x3.jpg

(majesty)

thank you iceflower. really nice and interesting pic. didn't know they are friends at all.

IceFlower, how do you know that Sophie and Tiggy were or are friends? Do you know where this picture was taken?

patsy said:
IceFlower, how do you know that Sophie and Tiggy were or are friends? Do you know where this picture was taken?
I'm not iceflower, but look at the body language in the pic, and note the positioning of both of Tiggy's hands. Apart from this pic, Hello! has published over the years many pics of Sophie Wessex and Tiggy Legge-Burke/Pettifer together at various functions. Whatever the closeness of their relationship, they move in and share a similar social circle.

Thanks, Iceflower for the pictures. I don't like the ones where she is holding a rifle - I think hunting is a detestable sport, but that's besides the point. They are great pictures. Sophie has always reminded me of Gillian Anderson, the actress who played Agent Scully in the X Files. For some reason these pictures bring that to mind.

This is a great thread and Yes! Thank you very much Iceflower for posting those wonderful pictures for us. It's good to see TRH committing themselves to their roles as members of the British Royal Family wholeheartedly. And they seem to be having fun while doing it too! But most rewarding for me is the signs that show a strong Royal marriage.

The Countess is a lovely lady and a smart & stylish dresser.

I'm glad you all liked the pics :flowers: and Warren, thank you for answering the question for me, I had to smile about your beginning..;) I do not have to add anything to that answer, I would have given the same, instead here is one more of the many pics of the two women together, this time taken in 1999:

34oesk1.jpg

(HOLA)

hey wow again pics from iceflower i ve never seen before. really amazing / nice ones! thank you so much!

I'm glad to have found some you had not known before, sydney00 :)

An early pic of Sophie before her marriage, still working:

(Steve Finn/Capital Pictures)

Iceflower, where do you find these great pictures?! Lucky us that you do. Sophie barely looks like herself. I say she still reminds me of Agent Scully from the X-Files. Thanks for the picture.

wow! didn't even know that she had such a hairstyle :) and i really had to laugh when i saw it! really impressing that you find so unkonwon pics, iceflower, thanks again!!

Bella said:
Iceflower, where do you find these great pictures?! Lucky us that you do. Sophie barely looks like herself. I say she still reminds me of Agent Scully from the X-Files. Thanks for the picture.
You are most welcome, Bella and sydney00-lisa :flowers:
About capital pictures: I'm not quite sure how it is today, but a year ago it was for free to register there, I haven't been to that site for quite a long time..

Some very nice pics from 2003 - it's so nice to see how much fun Sophie had with the ballet :)
4bj1jdx.jpg
4ibhwf5.jpg
4gi7wqq.jpg
2hnm0ht.jpg

(polfoto)

1. A nice portrait of Edward, looking young and grown up at the same time: (Photo by Jayne Fincher/Majesty)
2. Sophie in 1999 - I like that pic a lot :) : (HOLA 1999)

hey ! yes a really very nice pic, iceflower, like always =) could you tell me where it was taken, please?

Back
Top Bottom