Edinburgh Family Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sometimes have to really look because Sophie and Diana do look alike.

yes, me too. but like she said she has that oneself on pictures a little bit far away

sophie copies the diana hair style in '90, (esoecially the diana 1997 hair) and both women had eyes blue colour but their faces are SO differents.

msleiman said:
I sometimes have to really look because Sophie and Diana do look alike.
I think it often depends on the perspective of a picture. Sometimes they could be sisters and sometimes they look totally different..

Today I scanned in some pics of the final rehearsal of their wedding, very cute in my eyes :)
t9b4fl.jpg
t9bghf.jpg
t9bgqh.jpg

(HOLA)

As always, you're my scan hero K! thanks a lot for the pics:) :) :)
In the last one it seems like Sophie is directing the kids, like telling them come on, we gotta finish the rehersal, PLEASE get into church?;) :D

this woman is absolutely beautiful. she always looks fabulous no matter what she's wearing and she's so classy. perhaps that's why people always compare her to Diana, because they both have these same very obvious qualities.

Here are some of my favourite pics, taken in 1997. Although Edward is not on these pics, I think this is the right place to post them :)
There are still 3 or 4 pics of that photosession I have not yet scanned in, so if anyone is interested I would scan them for the next time. Just tell me.

v45ws0.jpg
v45vux.jpg

v45w02.jpg
v45w5j.jpg
v45wgo.jpg

(HELLO)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the last two photo, with cream top and on libary floor. In the pink top shot, she was wearing a signet ring. I can't make out the details but it looked like a crest. Was this one taken with the rest in 1997? I'm just curious as Sophie wasn't engage to Edward then.

Great Pictures Of Sophie

Thank you so much for posting these pictures of Sophie they are great. Please post more if you have them. Were these pictures taken before she was engaged to Prince Edward? I too noticed she's not wearing her engagement ring.:)

Iceflower, great photos!
I never see the royal ring with the coat in sophie hand, I see before, diana and sarah but not sophie.

Last edited:
yea, again very great photos.. and i share the question with the posters before me.. was she already a royal bride?

You're welcome, Incas, patsy, corazon and sydney00 :) and as to your questions: As I already wrote in my post all the pics were definetly taken in early summer 1997, as the engagement took place in January 1999, Sophie and Edward were not engaged yet :)
Here is the rest of the pis - hope you enjoy:

v7w1mg.jpg
v7w1sk.jpg
v7w47c.jpg
v7w4ea.jpg

(HELLO/HOLA))

Last edited:
Is the one wearing black and the one sitting on the coach sophie or is it Diana? I'm getting confuse now.:confused:

Missyjojo88, they're all pics of Sophie but I can see where you are comin from with regards to the pic of Sophie on the couch- she really does look like Diana there!

Iceflower, again thanks for the pictures of Sophie. Where do you find these pictures? Do you know where these pictures where taken ( who's house?)
Sorry about the question on her engagement ring, I wasn't paying attention to the years, dates. Apparently with these photos Sophie and Edward where very serious about their relationship. I guess because of the death of Diana Princess of Wales it delayed things. Anyway thanks Iceflower really appreciate your posting of pictures and information.:)

Aww! Thanks sydney00 I have never seen any off those pics before! Edward was so cute when he was younger! (ps. thanks to everyone else who has posted pics!)

patsy said:
Iceflower, again thanks for the pictures of Sophie. Where do you find these pictures? Do you know where these pictures where taken ( who's house?)
Sorry about the question on her engagement ring, I wasn't paying attention to the years, dates. Apparently with these photos Sophie and Edward where very serious about their relationship. I guess because of the death of Diana Princess of Wales it delayed things. Anyway thanks Iceflower really appreciate your posting of pictures and information.:)
You're welcome patsy, as to your questions: I found those pics in the Spanish mag HOLA and English HELLO, but I do not know where exactly they've been taken. Sorry for that..

Sydney, thanks a lot for your pics, Edward in his costumes is too funny :D

And several pics from 2000:

w14aw8.jpg
w14b28.jpg
w14b5e.jpg
w14baw.jpg
w14bdk.jpg

(HELLO, HOLA, PdV, FIS)

The Countess of Wessex always looks so smiley and happy. It is great to see!

You are absolutely right, Will's princess :)

Here are two of my favourite pics of the couple: So in love at "trooping the colour" 1999 shortly before their wedding and walking hand in hand at Easter 2001:
w8ql9x.jpg
w8qlib.jpg

(Lecturas, HOLA)

I can easily understand why you like these pics that much, they are really lovely. Thanks for taking the time and putting all those pics here for us! We can't stop thanking you, Iceflower :D

You are most welcome, Romy and Royal Fan! Hope to see you here more often! :)
Several pics from 2001:
xdij4i.jpg
xdijnt.jpg
xdik34.jpg
xdik91.jpg

(corbis)

she looks like a sweet wife ,..but a just in the border of her weight .Sometimes looks like a fatty woman.

My second post has disappeared, that's strange. Well, I try it again:

First Easter holidays before their wedding in 1999 and first Easter holidays as a married couple in 2000 :)

xdrwwn.jpg
xdrx20.jpg
xdrx53.jpg

(BUNTE, FIS)

Erna said:
she looks like a sweet wife ,..but a just in the border of her weight .Sometimes looks like a fatty woman.
The Countess is not skinny like a fashion model. But it's a stretch to call her "fat". Looking back at pictures of her through the years, aside from her pregnancy, her figure doesn't fluctuate wildly. IMO, she looks healthy.

Incas said:
The Countess is not skinny like a fashion model. But it's a stretch to call her "fat". Looking back at pictures of her through the years, aside from her pregnancy, her figure doesn't fluctuate wildly. IMO, she looks healthy.
"Healthy" sounds quite good, there are enough woman around that are much too skinny..
Sophie and Edward at a garden party in summer 2000 - I like that special dress :) :

zip2rp.jpg
zip304.jpg

(HOLA)

I think it's great to have a healthy curvacious woman in the BRF it's a comfort to know that she is a realistic person not deathly thin and keeping up with other celebrities. Sophie is a lovely woman and I hope she never changes.

xx hrh xx

Sophie is simply beautiful and she was just what the British Royal Family
needed. A breath of fresh air!

her royal highness said:
I think it's great to have a healthy curvacious woman in the BRF it's a comfort to know that she is a realistic person not deathly thin and keeping up with other celebrities. Sophie is a lovely woman and I hope she never changes.
I hope so as well :) Here is a very early pic taken at Ascot in 1995:

10e3gie.jpg

(HOLA)

Back
Top Bottom