Sophie Gives Birth to a Son: James, Viscount Severn - December 17, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news;I'm glad that all went well! Now,we must wait for the name!

congratulations... very good a boy after a girl Louise

Congratulations to Edward & Sophie on the birth of their son :wub:

It will be a very Merry Christmas indeed for them & Lady Louise!

I really thought we would see Edward, Christopher and Louise going to the hospital with flowers today. Looks like noone was there to take the pics.

^ Yes, I know exactly how you feel because I was expecting there to be some arrivals today as well. Edward's staff probably made a deal with the press: No more pictures after yesterday's press conference and then if the press play fair, they get their press conference 2/pics of the family leaving in a couple of days.

Hey, here is an article that wasn't posted already. It has a nice of Edward from yesterday.
Prince Edward | Sophie the Countess of Wessex | New baby makes Queen a gran for the eighth time | The Sun |HomePage|News

OMG my predicition for Monday or Tuesday of this week was right:ohmy:

It is very normal for mummy to spend a few more days in hospital after a c-section. Classed as a major op so no lifting driving etc for 6 weeks.

Congratulations to them all.:wub:

Congratulation to Sophie and Edward, I was a little bit worried of the issue of the pregnancy given the fact that it was so difficult for her. I'm really happy, I hope they will spend a very Happy

Christmas together. CONGRATULATION again, I'm also happy that Lady Louise has a little brother

Last edited by a moderator:
I really thought we would see Edward, Christopher and Louise going to the hospital with flowers today. Looks like noone was there to take the pics.

Forgive my ignorance, who is Christopher? :flowers:

I don't think the Queen usually goes to the hospital following grandchildren's births does she? I am wondering if she might make an exception here not only because the little fellow is kind of extra special after all Sophie and Edward have been through, but also Sophie's mother has died since Louise was born. Since the Queen and Sophie appear to be close.....maybe she'll visit? I'm hoping so.

Many congratulations to Edward and Sophie on the arrival of their son. So happy that he arrived safely.

I don't think the Queen usually goes to the hospital following grandchildren's births does she? I am wondering if she might make an exception here not only because the little fellow is kind of extra special after all Sophie and Edward have been through, but also Sophie's mother has died since Louise was born. Since the Queen and Sophie appear to be close.....maybe she'll visit? I'm hoping so.

the Queen made an exception when Lady Louise was born and secretly visited Sophie in hospital. I think this was more due to the the fact both mother and baby almost died in that case.

The Queen visited when William was born.

I think the Queen has visited three of her grandchildren after they were born, Peter, William, and Louise. I don't think she will this time, unless it is another secret visit.

They all say that Sophie is a great favourite to the Queen, that's the time for it to be proven !
After all, he will be her last grandchild ever

^ Re: great-grandchildren, my bet is on this order:
Peter
Zara
William
Eugenie
Beatrice
Harry

The Official Press Release

17 December 2007
THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE QUEEN
THE COUNTESS OF WESSEX GIVES BIRTH TO A BABY BOY
Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex today was safely delivered of a baby boy by caesarean section at 4.20pm, at Frimley Park NHS Hospital in Surrey. The weight of the baby was 6lbs 2oz. The Earl of Wessex was present.
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh, and Mr Christopher Rhys-Jones, have been informed and are delighted with the news.
The medical team attending Her Royal Highness were Mr Marcus Setchell (Surgeon Gynaecologist to The Queen); Mr Gareth Beynon (Consultant Obstetrician/gynaecologist); Dr Abdus Malik (Consultant Neonatologist), Mrs Grazia Sanar (Neonatal Nurse Practitioner); Dr Claire Edkins (Consultant Anaesthetist) and Mrs Adrienne Price (Head of Midwifery) and Mrs Mandy Kriehn (Operating Department Practitioner).
The Countess of Wessex is expected to remain in hospital for the next few days.
Their Royal Highnesses already have one daughter, The Lady Louise, who was born at Frimley Park NHS Hospital on 8th November 2003.
This baby is The Queen's eighth grandchild, and the eighth in line to the Throne.
Source: http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page6159.asp

Hello Magazine said Sophie was going to have her repeat c-section on Friday Dec 21st. Has anybody heard why she went earlier?

Hello! was just repeating what was in the Daily Mail. Both turned out to be wrong.

when are they going home for the hospital?

They all say that Sophie is a great favourite to the Queen, that's the time for it to be proven !
After all, he will be her last grandchild ever

how do you know this will be the last grandchild??
Life is always full of beautiful surprises!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom