Possible names for the new Lord or Lady Wessex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Lady Louise Windsor's full name is Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary I think they probably would not give a second daughter any of those four names.

I think Mary Margaret Helen Anne is lovely for these reasons:
Margaret in honor of Edward's deceased aunt, Helen is Sophie's middle name, Anne is the child's aunt, Sophie's mother's name is Mary (and we cannot forget the Great Queen Mary--the name is two-fold)

A boy's name:
George for the Queen's father
Richard in honor of Prince Edward's god father (Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester)
Christopher (Sophie's father)
and even though it may be considered unlucky, John for Queen Mary's son that the public is learning more about. It would be a very belated honor to a lost royal.
What was Sophie's grandfather's name?

Of course, given that the Earl loves history as he does, he could throw us all for a loop and choose something that we just aren't expecting.

Can I point our that the Queen's father's name was actually Albert (called Bertie in the family) not George? He only used that name as King.

Chrissy that is completely true! My mind was obviously on another thread where we were discussing how we'd like to have another King George the something or other.
I now change my suggestion to:
Albert Christopher Richard John (HA! King Richard and Prince John--that's priceless!)

And, for a little girl:
I REALLY do like Lady Mary Margaret Rose Mountbatten-Windsor. That is very nice.
The Queen Mother's full name was Elizabeth Angela Marguerite--perhaps they would use one of those? Her mother's name was Cecelia Nina, and her mother's name was Caroline. I love the name Caroline--Lady Caroline Cecelia Anne Mountbatten-Windsor.

THe Queen Mother's grandfather's mother (her great-gradmother) name was Frances Dora Smith. I am partial to the name Frances. Would love to see it pop up somewhere.

Sorry for the history lesson--I could spend days on the genealogy of the Queen Mother!

And, for a little girl:
I REALLY do like Lady Mary Margaret Rose Mountbatten-Windsor. That is very nice.
The Queen Mother's full name was Elizabeth Angela Marguerite--perhaps they would use one of those? Her mother's name was Cecelia Nina, and her mother's name was Caroline. I love the name Caroline--Lady Caroline Cecelia Anne Mountbatten-Windsor.

THe Queen Mother's grandfather's mother (her great-gradmother) name was Frances Dora Smith. I am partial to the name Frances. Would love to see it pop up somewhere.

Sorry for the history lesson--I could spend days on the genealogy of the Queen Mother!

I doubt they would use Margaret or any variation of it as Viscount Linleys' daughter is Margarita Elizabeth Rose Alleyne.

How about Cecelia Caroline Nina Camilla :)

IMO, I don't think Camilla will be anywhere in the name for obvious reasons. I would love to see some other names then all the normal royal girls names, that is why I liked Zara's name so much.
I like Cecelia Caroline Elizabeth Mary

IMO, I don't think Camilla will be anywhere in the name for obvious reasons. I would love to see some other names then all the normal royal girls names, that is why I liked Zara's name so much.

:lol:

Alexandra is another nice name for a girl. I still think George or Arthur for a boy.

HM The Queen's full name is Elizabeth Alexandra Mary. Perhaps Lady Alexandra Caroline Frances Windsor-Mountbatten?

I think whether Camilla appears would depend on the relationship between Edward and Sophie and their sister-in-law.

As reports seem to suggest that Edward and Charles aren't all that close then I would suspect no Camilla but, on the other hand, as a clear sign to the people that the RF have accepted Camilla using Camilla might be a way of doing that. I wouldn't have it as the first name but as a third or fourth one maybe.

We have no idea what the relationship between Edward & Camilla is like! Despite the obvious generation gap - he isn't that much older than her son - they could be quite close and, even if they are not, why wouldn't they ask the future Queen to be godmother to the little one?

I'm rooting for Eggbert or Beryl.

Beatrix Fan---those are interesting choices--I rather like Beryl. How did you come to fancy them?

If they opted for a name like Beverley, Kim, or Hilary, it would do for a boy or a girl .... ;)

Beatrix Fan---those are interesting choices--I rather like Beryl. How did you come to fancy them?
Well, I've always thought it'd be rather funny to have a Prince Eggbert so a Lord Eggbert would be the next best thing but I actually like the name Beryl and it's got a lovely meaning apparantly so I think Lady Beryl Mountbatten-Windsor would be quite grand.

I like Philip Edward Robert James.

For a girl, Sophie Julie Victoria Anne.

Or some combination of those names.

HM The Queen's full name is Elizabeth Alexandra Mary. Perhaps Lady Alexandra Caroline Frances Windsor-Mountbatten?

wow...that's interesting.....I named my daughter Alexandra Caroline and my middle name is Frances (that I've always hated)

I only entertained English queen names for my daughter for several reasons.....1) they're classic 2) I'm from North Carolina and Caroline is a nod to the home state I so love 3) they'll carry her well through her entire life......Grandma Brittany will just sound strange in 60 years :stuart:

For a girl I think it highly likely either Lady Elizabeth-Mary, Lady Mary, or lady May. I felt Louise was a bit of a surprise. they probably expected a boy. If
he had been a boy it would have been Lord Louis Mountbatten-Windsor for sure. The supposed connection with Queen Louise of Sweden istoo tenous. But Lord Phillip or Lord Louis could still be the go. But what about something
left of centre ,Lord Juan Carlos, that would put the cats amongst the pigeons. Or Lord Humphrey?

There are lots of fabulous 'berts' from the early middle ages. Adelbert, Egbert, Camembert etc. Even Croquembert shouldn't be discounted. Pity the poor lad at Eton though... he's a croque!!!!

If the baby is a girl, I like Alexandra Helen Margaret Mary. For a boy, I LOVE George Philip Albert Christopher or George Philip Edward Christopher.

Well, I've always thought it'd be rather funny to have a Prince Eggbert so a Lord Eggbert would be the next best thing but I actually like the name Beryl and it's got a lovely meaning apparantly so I think Lady Beryl Mountbatten-Windsor would be quite grand.

I suspect no Beryl. It harkens back to the dangerous times of the 1920s and 1930s, when Beryl Markham, a famous aviatrix, was a lover of the Duke of Gloucester and possibly the Duke of Kent. (How strange it is to think of the staid but irritable Duke of Gloucester having a wild fling -- the Queen's uncle that is, not the current incumbent!)

I'm still sticking with Alice, although I love Alexandra too. But I bet since there's a Louise, Alice would be a natural... especially since Edward probably spent a lot of time with his grandmother, Princess Alice.

I have NO opinion if it's a male.

I was very happy to hear of Sophie and Edward having a second child, yet a bit afraid. Hopefully she will give birth to a lovely boy this time, but I think they would be just as happy for a little girl too. :flowers:

I think if the baby will be a boy, he will be named George Philip Edward Christopher.

If a girl, I think she will be named Sophie Charlotte Victoria Daisy.

Daisy

Daisy? How about Desiree

correct me if I am wrong, but once the Countess of Wessex said that she liked the name Daisy, but it was not a very regal name and they did not use it. that is why I have said Daisy.

Girl: Caroline Anne Sophia Jane or Amelia Jane Sophie Alexandra

Boy: James Richard Edward Phillip or David John Alexander Arthur

Boy: James Richard Edward Phillip or David John Alexander Arthur

The royal family will not use John. Its considered unlucky. Apparently Diana wanted to call one of her boys John & was told no.

As for David it is Viscount Linley's name but is not popular within the family due to its connection with the Duke of Windsor.

I think that Albert Phillip George Arthur might be more likely

I had a thought.... Edward is supposed to be close to Princess Anne, so maybe Anne. But I would rather they choose another name. (Sorry, Princess Royal.)

I don't think they will pick an old fashioned name like albert or Frederick. Louise is quite modern so I think it will match that but still be approporate for a Royal baby.

What about

Albert Edward George Phillip

or

Edwina Georgina Phillipa Alberta

Okay, here goes:
Male: Philip Albert Arthur Edward Charles (he's special, he get 5! :) )
Female: Jane Isabella Catherine Anne.

i'd guess they will have a little surprise in it, and also, like said before, maybe kind of an historic name, which is still modern :]
well i m laughing about names like edwina and i'd say that they wouldn t choose those because the children are supposed to life a normal life, but with them, you are really special anyway :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom