Possible names for the new Lord or Lady Wessex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady Mountbatten-Windsor I believe?

I doubt they'd go with Christopher -- the maternal grandfather's name -- as the first name for a royal baby, though there was a Prince Christopher in the Greek royal family. I think it is almost a given that Philip will be one of the names since he would be in line to inherit Prince Philip's title. I'd be astonished if Christopher and Edward aren't included as well. I highly doubt the first name will be the name of any living members of the royal family. Probably no David, no Richard, no Henry, Andrew, Charles, Anne, Helen/Helena, Sarah, Alexandra, etc. I do think George is an extremely good bet, particularly if they want to play up the child's Greek ties as well as his British. He'd be named after both the Greek king, a great-grandfather, and the British king, a great-grandfather. Albert might be out because it sounds a bit too old-fashioned. My bet is still with George Edward Christopher Philip or George Edward Philip Christopher for a boy. If they don't mind reusing names already used for Louise, Alice or Mary would both be good bets as a first name for a girl. Otherwise, I still think it will be Victoria.

Twins? Poor woman. I just hope she can have a full-term pregnancy and a healthy baby of either sex. They probably know by now what sex the baby is.

Didn't Edward produce a series of historical documentaries about the British Royal Family some years ago? Makes me wonder if they will go for some more obscure names buried in the old family tree?

Daughter of George I

Sophia

Daughters of George II

Anne
Amelia Sophia
Caroline Elizabeth
Mary
Louise (Queen of Denmark)

Daughters of Frederick, Prince of Wales (father of George III)

Augusta Charlotte
Elizabeth Caroline
Louisa Anne
Caroline Matilda

Daughters of George III

Charlotte
Augusta Sophia
Elizabeth

Here's a whole list:

British princess - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't know why, but I'm really leaning towards Amelia for a girl.

Here's a list for boys:

British prince - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Albert would be nice...

I don't think Albert will be used, unless it's in tribute to George VI.

But I'm wondering if it's a girl, if they won't choose Elizabeth. It's likely to be HM's youngest grandchild, and since HM and Sophie are pretty close...

I think Elizabeth was reserved for Prince Charles's eldest daughter. Since he didn't have one, I think the name is now reserved for William's eldest daughter - and given he is 25 now, the girl can be expected in the next 5-10 years.

I find it very likely a name from Lady Bluffton's list, most likely (imo) Sophia, Anne, Caroline, Charotte or Mary.

I think Elizabeth was reserved for Prince Charles's eldest daughter. Since he didn't have one, I think the name is now reserved for William's eldest daughter - and given he is 25 now, the girl can be expected in the next 5-10 years.

I find it very likely a name from Lady Bluffton's list, most likely (imo) Sophia, Anne, Caroline, Charotte or Mary.

I suspect that William's eldest daughter will be Diana not Elizabeth.

Elizabeth would be nice for the daughter of the present Queen's allegedly favourite child IMHO.

I suspect that William's eldest daughter will be Diana not Elizabeth.

I hope he isn't that stupid! :bang: As a secondary name maybe but another "Princess Diana", the child would never have any peace!

I don't think Diana will be William's eldest daughter first name. But this is about the the new addison to the Wessex family.

Elizabeth Amelia Helena Victoria
Philip Henry Edward Alexander

For a girl: Anna Rose Victoria Helen
For a boy: Arthur George Philip Edward

For a girl: Anna Rose Victoria Helen
For a boy: Arthur George Philip Edward

seeing as Arthur is the name of Lady Sarah Chatto's son I doubt they would name there son Arthur. Perhaps it will be used as a middle name? I know that Edward and Sarah were really close as children, and I guess still are today, so it would seem odd to have their children called the same name.

For a Girl: Caroline, Charlotte, Amelia, Victoria

For a Boy: Richard, Phillipe, Christopher, George

I've had another idea for a boy. How about Benjamin?

I think Mary after her Sophie's mother or Alice after Edward's grandmother, but I don't think they would name the baby if it were a girl, Elizabeth. If it were a boy Robert or Louis.

Well if it were Louise and Louis it wouldn't be very hard to remember there names, but it does sound stupid I didn't think about that.

Alice occurred to me too, last night.

Andrew and possibly Edward seem to look toward the generation of Queen Victoria's children for names.

Yes Andrew and Edward did name their chidren the older names. I remembered today that Prince Philip's mother, Princess Alice had a sister Louise (who became Queen of Sweden) and a brother Louis ( Lord Mountbatten).

For a boy, I think George Philip Edward Christopher is nice, although George is the first name of the Earl of St. Andrews, but I think that has a nice ring to it.

I wouldn't bet on a name like Sophia (although I love that!) because of the Spanish Infanta, and I think we can maybe rule out Elizabeth (William's future daughter? and the Belgian princess) but Mary is nice, and also I really like Alice, for the Hessian connection (one of Edward's godfathers was Prince Louis of Hesse)

I'm glad they used Louise for their first child, because it does echo back to Prince Philip's Battenberg and Hessian ancestors. I hope they use Alice again, if they have a second daughter, but I hope they have a little boy this time!

I really like Alice Elizabeth Victoria. If its a boy Philip Henry. Can't come up with something that matches Philip and Henry! How does it work in The Royal Family? Will they not use middle names that belong to other grandkids or does it not matter? What are Louise's middle names?

Philip Henry is just perfect for a little Lord, and if the newborn is a Lady, your choice of Victoria Louise is great to. But I think the parents would not ask us here what kind of names we likes! :rolleyes::D

Vanesa.

Girl = Lady Mary Margaret Rose Mountbatten-Windsor
Boy = Christopher Antony Robert Louis, Viscount Severn

The "Robert" has no family connection that I can think of. I just like it how sounds with these names. But "Richard" would be nice in its place too.

Christopher Antony Richard Louis, almost like Prince Edward's names

For the girl's names, I would like to see this honor for PM.

As for Alfred, it's a good historical one from the Victorian royal family. "Antony Alfred" rings nicely.

Last edited:
Like I said before, I'm rooting for a Viscount Severn. I don't think they'll use names that are too common in the family. Like, we probably won't see a little Henry, I know Prince Harry is Harry, but he'll probably be Henry in very formal situations, so it would be rather confusing. It might be nice to have a George, a Christopher (that is Sophie's father?), or a Christian (doubt it though), or a Philip.

So, here I go: George Philip Christopher Edward

As I've said b4, I don't think that Christopher will be used because of the historical Hessian connection to the Nazi Party & the Luftwaffe. Christian might be a possible alternative but I think they will steer well clear for a Prince.
For a little Princess I think Christine or Christina might be a possibility. Perhaps

Mary Christine Margaret Cecile

the last in memory of Prince Phillips' sister who was killed in a plane crash.

I like Charlotte for a girl. George or Arthur for a boy.

I like this suggestion of Alice after Prince Phillip's mother.

Seems like they would hearken back to that side of the family as it's assumed that Edward will become Duke of Edinburgh one day.

Alice Sophie Elizabeth?

As Lady Louise Windsor's full name is Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary I think they probably would not give a second daughter any of those four names.

I think Mary Margaret Helen Anne is lovely for these reasons:
Margaret in honor of Edward's deceased aunt, Helen is Sophie's middle name, Anne is the child's aunt, Sophie's mother's name is Mary (and we cannot forget the Great Queen Mary--the name is two-fold)

A boy's name:
George for the Queen's father
Richard in honor of Prince Edward's god father (Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester)
Christopher (Sophie's father)
and even though it may be considered unlucky, John for Queen Mary's son that the public is learning more about. It would be a very belated honor to a lost royal.
What was Sophie's grandfather's name?

Of course, given that the Earl loves history as he does, he could throw us all for a loop and choose something that we just aren't expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom