Earl and Countess of Wessex: Visit to Gibraltar - June 11-13, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Full program from British Royal Web Site :)
------------------- ----------------------- -------------------------------
11th June 2012

The Earl and Countess of Wessex

will visit Gibraltar, on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen, in celebration of the Diamond Jubilee.

The Earl of Wessex

Trustee, will present Awards to young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, in Gibraltar.

The Earl of Wessex

will visit the offices and staff at GibDock, Gibraltar.

will attend a Reception at King's Bastion Terrace, Gibraltar.

will attend a Dinner at the Rock Hotel, Gibraltar.

will attend a Ceremonial Welcome on arrival in Gibraltar.

The Countess of Wessex

President, Girlguiding UK, will visit the Girl Guides Headquarters, Alameda House, Gibraltar.

------------------- * * ----------------------- * * * * -------------------------------
12th June 2012

will visit Seafarers Centre (Flying Angel Club), Gibraltar.

will visit the Port Authority and Vessel Traffic Control, Gibraltar.

will inaugurate a memorial plaque for Moroccan Workers on a fountain in Alameda Gardens, Gibraltar.

will visit Gibraltar Museum, Gibraltar.

will meet Veterans from Her Majesty The Queen's Royal Visit in 1954, at a lookout on the Rock, Gibraltar.

will visit the Stay Behind Cave, the Rock, Gibraltar.

The Countess of Wessex

will visit St. Martin's School, Gibraltar.

will meet Members of Her Majesty's Armed Forces at The Tower, Navy Base, Gibraltar.

The Earl of Wessex

will attend a Jubilee Regatta and present the Wessex Prize Awards at the Rowing Clubs' Boat House, Gibraltar.

will visit Gibraltar, on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen, in celebration of the Diamond Jubilee.

will open the Children's Playground at the Morrish Castle Estate, Gibraltar.

------------------- ----------------------- -------------------------------
13th June 2012

will visit King's Chapel, Gibraltar.

will meet Religious Leaders at the Convent Cloisters, Gibraltar.

will open the new Court building and tour the Magistrates Courts, Gibraltar.

will visit Laguna Social Club, Laguna Estate, Gibraltar.

will visit the new Viewing Terrace and Airport Terminal Building, Gibraltar.

will attend a Diamond Jubilee Song and Dance Road Show, John Mackintosh Square, Gibraltar.

will plant an oak tree in celebration of the Diamond Jubilee in the Governor's Residence, Gibraltar.

will lay the foundation stone for the Diamond Jubilee Monument at the Jubilee Commonwealth Park, Gibraltar.

Last edited:
A some people wonder if the Royals work? The schedule must be exhausting.

This is some schedule, and it's only a three-day-long trip. I agree; these people work, and work pretty darn hard.

A busy schedule for the Wessexes in Gibraltar over the next few days. I'm so glad that the Gibraltarians, who are among the Queen's most loyal subjects, are getting a royal visit this year. Let's hope the Queen herself can make a visit there next year to celebrate 300 years of British sovereignty on the Rock.

All this negative press over their visit, if i were them, would make me unsure as to whether i wanted to go!

I understand Spain's issue, but it is not something that is going to be changed by negativity toward Britain, particularly their royal family. I have no doubt that Spain will one day own Gibraltar, but for now can't they just let the Queen celebrate 60 good years.

Let's hope that with all this press there will be many photo opportunities for Edward and Sophie.

If I were a royal, Gibraltar would be right at the top of the list of places I would want to visit. The Gibraltarians always give the royals a hugely warm welcome, and are genuinely thrilled to receive any member of the family.

To put it bluntly, Edward and Sophie don't generally generate big crowds on their visits; this will be an exception. I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

Prince Edward and wife Sophie look relaxed as they touch down in front of Rock of Gibraltar for controversial visit
Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex looked relaxed as they stepped off a British Airways plane in front of the Rock of Gibraltar today. Their trip has already been roundly attacked by the Spanish government, which is said to be 'displeased' at their patronage of the former colony. But the Queen's youngest son and wife Sophie Rhys-Jones seemed to be enjoying the regal affair as they arrived in sunny Gibraltar to join in the Diamond Jubilee celebrations for Her Majesty.

DAYLIFE gallery> gibraltar 11 June - News, photos, topics, and quotes

I love this picture :twohearts:

More pictures from today
IMG_3933 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Visit by the Earl and Countess of Wessex to Gibraltar | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

+ evening events :)

Vist to Gibraltar by the Earl & Countess of Wessex to Gibraltar | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Vist to Gibraltar by the Earl & Countess of Wessex to Gibraltar | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Both look happy and relax :flowers: and Sophie looks just stunning :)
Great first day:flowers:

I love the picture you selected Mag, Sophie looks really smug. I would love to see a video as I want to know what they are saying yo each other.

Thank you for so many links to images, I like the second dress Sophie wore. Some lovely moments from the couple.

the sophie's photo witf the baby is sooooooooooo adorable!

Last edited:
Mag, you selected some great photos :flowers:. Earl and Countess look radiant and truly happy to be on this trip. I love the smiles that are visible from those who decided to come and greet this couple. It's obvious that the residents of Gibraltar are very fond of the British Royal Family and are thrilled to have a visit during the Diamond Jubilee Year.

I love the evening dress but I am not certain about the wedges !!!!

Beautiful pictures from Gibraltar. I'm so glad for Edward and Sophie that they are having another great trip. Everyone looks so pleased to have them there!

Last edited:
I do love that dress. Thanks for the links, Mag.

Love this image of Sophie, shows her true nature and her love of children:

Image 1

I do love that dress. Thanks for the links, Mag.

Love this image of Sophie, shows her true nature and her love of children:

Image 1

The Countess of Wessex visited St Martin's School in Gibraltar today.

Sophie and children + Sophie and children 2

The Earl and Countess of Wessex visited the HM Naval Base in Gibraltar today and watched a Royal Air Force Flypast.

Edward + Edward and Sophie

Their Royal Highnesses also visited Alameda Gardens where they unveiled a commerative plaque and planted a tree.

Edward and Sophie + Edward and Sophie

I like the second image, it looks like Sophie is telling him he is doing it wrong.
Further images available:

Isopix gallery, Newscom.com (put "Wessex" into search bar and Associated Press

Last edited:
This trip is generating a lot more publicity than their Caribbean trip. It seems bad press attracts photographers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom