Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 10: November 2018 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Hello,

Nice for Edward to join Sophie on one of her engagements.

The Earl of Wessex "discussed climate change, youth activism and racial equality amongst young people with Silver DofE Award holder and recent Princeton University valedictorian, Nicholas Johnson":

** video **

A Christmas Message from HRH The Countess of Wessex

The Countess of Wessex had a video meeting with representatives of The LSE Centre for Women, Peace and Security:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday, January 20, the Countess of Wessex was a guest at the virtual Lincolnshire GPN & HCA conference and expressed her thankfulness that her 89-year-old father has received his Covid-19 vaccine:

** Pic ** video **

The Countess of Wessex had a video meeting with representatives of The LSE Centre for Women, Peace and Security:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Love this! Simple and heartwarming!
She has been such a tremendous asset to the firm!

I see that there is several petitions this morning and an official campaign to request that HM The Queen make The Earl of Wessex the Governor General of Canada. Might be interesting if this becomes an official appeal. Unsure how that works - or if it even can be done.
This has happened before but seems to have gained momentum this time around. Has Edward and Sophie's popularity increased in Canada - or is it just Canada?

I see that there is several petitions this morning and an official campaign to request that HM The Queen make The Earl of Wessex the Governor General of Canada. Might be interesting if this becomes an official appeal. Unsure how that works - or if it even can be done.
This has happened before but seems to have gained momentum this time around. Has Edward and Sophie's popularity increased in Canada - or is it just Canada?

But then there would be even fewer working royals at home if they can start to do more duites.

The Countess of Wessex as Patron of The Brendoncare Foundation participated in a virtual meeting of the Brendoncare's Havant Social Club:

** video **

Yesterday, January 27, the Earl and Countess of Wessex and Forfar made a virtual visit to organisations of the city of Forfar:

** Pic **

"The Earl of Wessex is hosting a series of COVID-19 working groups for organisations he champions and supports. The sessions are a chance for patronages from sectors such as the arts, sport and education to come together to share best practice and experiences of the pandemic."

"Our Royal Patron HRH The Countess of Wessex talks to Foundation staff and learners about the incredible pride she has for @SunderlandAFC's official charity..."

"“I’m really impressed by your commitment, your effort and your determination.”

The Earl of Wessex thanks frontline services at a @surrey_lrf meeting yesterday for their role in doorstep Covid-19 testing in Woking this week."

"We were delighted to welcome HRH The Countess of Wessex to a virtual craft session this week"

Last edited by a moderator:
The Earl of Wessex talked to apprentices to "hear about their experiences of doing their DofE during the pandemic", marking National Apprenticeship Week:

"Last week, The Countess of Wessex joined a @giwps seminar to discuss the importance of championing the work of women peacebuilders in conflict zones."

"“It’s lovely to be recognised for something you love doing.”

Congratulations to Priya Ahluwalia, who has been named as this year’s winner of The Queen Elizabeth II Award for British Design

Priya was virtually presented with the award by The Countess of Wessex this afternoon."

"“It’s lovely to be recognised for something you love doing.”

Congratulations to Priya Ahluwalia, who has been named as this year’s winner of The Queen Elizabeth II Award for British Design

Priya was virtually presented with the award by The Countess of Wessex this afternoon."

What a lovely award to give and I’m sure it was well received.

What I do love about all these video calls the family are doing, is getting to see the background photos.

I wish we could see the black and white one from William and Catherine’s wedding in full as it looks lovely. It’s the one that’s to the bottom right of the photo of Sophie.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eu8_dVhXYAY-1NB?format=jpg&name=large

"Today, The Earl of Wessex paid a virtual visit to North Yorkshire.

Over the coming weeks, HRH will be video calling in to charities and key workers across all regions of Yorkshire, to hear about their work, and to thank them for all that they do."

"The Countess of Wessex started volunteering for the St John Ambulance at a vaccination centre in London. A royal source says: “She’ll be going back.” The Royal Family has swung behind the vaccination rollout programme."

"The Countess of Wessex started volunteering for the St John Ambulance at a vaccination centre in London. A royal source says: “She’ll be going back.” The Royal Family has swung behind the vaccination rollout programme."

Good for her, Sophie seems to have been doing a lot of fairly quiet volunteer work during the pandemic.

I am glad that Sophie is able to volunteer at St John's Ambulance [...] I would like to know what Edward is up to [...]
It is possible that Edward feels that volunteer work should not be used for PR purposes, or it is not glamourous enough to mention as PR, which might be the case.

I am glad that Sophie is able to volunteer at St John's Ambulance [...] I would like to know what Edward is up to [...]
It is possible that Edward feels that volunteer work should not be used for PR purposes, or it is not glamourous enough to mention as PR, which might be the case.
Ihope that he feels it should be kept discreet..and that Sophie is the same.

I assume that he probably wants to keep his volunteering private and that's why nothing has been said even off hand.

That said on a completely separate if he was doing "glamourous" volunteering it probably wouldn't generate a huge amount of interest because they in general don't. But they keep on doing their jobs.

"HRH The Countess of Wessex volunteered at Knaphill Community Fridge. She sorted grocery deliveries, chatted to and thanked volunteers for their time before helping open the Community Fridge to the public and helping with their food choices."

A very worthy project. I love the idea of giving people a plant to grow, it has all sorts of positive benefits.

I like Prince Edward's tartan mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom