Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 10: November 2018 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Countess of Wessex received Ms Victoria Ford MP (Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Minister for Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean) to discuss the Women, Peace and Security Agenda today, January 25:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Yesterday, January 25, the Earl of Wessex as Vice Patron of the Commonwealth Games Federation met volunteers at the Library of Birmingham and visited the Headquarters of the Birmingham Organising Committee for the 2022 Commonwealth Games:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Today, January 26, the Countess of Wessex met with Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon to „ discuss the UK’s enhanced ambition to tackle sexual violence in conflict“:

** Pic **

Last edited:
I am pretty certain the Duke of Edinburgh would not have approved in the royal family doing engagements without their ties. But it certain seems to be common place now for the relaxed engagements.

"This week The Countess of Wessex spoke to @whatthewomensay and members of the Women’s Alliance for Security Leadership, about the economic security of women peacebuilders. The women peacebuilders spoke to HRH from all over the world, including Libya, Yemen and the Philippines"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKMtBv1WYAAhWEW?format=jpg&name=large

The Countess of Wessex presented the medals at the Boarder Cross event in Meribel on 31 January

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKcipJ2X0AUWZFr?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKcipSMX0AM_2bB?format=jpg&name=medium

Last edited by a moderator:
The Countess of Wessex presented the prizes at the Airbus Downhill Ski Championships in Meribel today, February 1:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yep - it is Urs Schwarzenbach's party. It is majority his family - I can identify his sons ect. I am a bit concerned that it seems that Louise and James brought a friend with them each - at least that is my take on it. And the Daily Mail is clearly showing their faces without issue. They really shouldnt do that.

Isn't Urs Schwarzenbach and his wife's Lady Louise godparents?

Yep - it is Urs Schwarzenbach's party. It is majority his family - I can identify his sons ect. I am a bit concerned that it seems that Louise and James brought a friend with them each - at least that is my take on it. And the Daily Mail is clearly showing their faces without issue. They really shouldnt do that.

I seem to have missed this - can you point me to the link please? I can't see anything about a party in the St Moritz link.

Last edited:
if you look through the links - you can see Urs and Francesca Schwarzenbach. I think their sons is also in a number of the pics. Didnt see their daughter. There are a number of people I could not identify.

Party in the meaning that it is his gathering.

"The Earl of Wessex has taken over his late father’s role as president of the Royal Windsor Horse Show @windsorhorse, the organisers have announced."

"The Earl of Wessex: "I am honoured to have been invited to become only the fourth President in the Show’s history and will do all I can to maintain the Show’s reputation throughout the equestrian community and beyond; something my father was passionate about.""

I see that the Wessex's Caribbean tour has been confirmed for April. I really thought they would send someone to Canada.
I presume there will be a big tour of Australia and New Zealand next year and perhaps Kenya, Botswana, South Africa and Lesotho as well.

Those photos of Sophie with the babies are so lovely. Nice video of her saying she looks forward to continuing her volunteering with the charity. I think it’s great Sophie has done a lot of volunteering during the pandemic and it’s nice that she quite clearly enjoys it.

With regards to the tours, i would imagine there will be an announcement of autumn tours and I reckon Edward and Sophie will go to Canada and the Cambridge’s will do Australia? Just my thoughts.

The Earl of Wessex as Patron of the National Youth Theatre of Great Britain, attended a gala dinner at the National Creative Production House for Young People, yesterday evening, February 28:

** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article **

Yesterday, March 1, the Earl and Countess of Wessex visited Essex and Hertfordshire Air Ambulance Trust in North Weald, the Integration Support Services at Falcon English School in Harlow and the North Hertfordshire Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centre in Letchworth:

** ehaat: TRH THE EARL AND COUNTESS OF WESSEX VISIT EHAAT **

And today, March 2, the Countess of Wessex visited the Guide Dogs Reading Hub Facility:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Yesterday, March 1, the Earl and Countess of Wessex visited Essex and Hertfordshire Air Ambulance Trust in North Weald, the Integration Support Services at Falcon English School in Harlow and the North Hertfordshire Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centre in Letchworth:

** ehaat: TRH THE EARL AND COUNTESS OF WESSEX VISIT EHAAT **

Air Ambulances are understandably close to their hearts. It's good to see that they visit so many.

"The Earl and Countess of Wessex speak to @paralympicsgb skiers ahead of the Beijing 2022 Winter Paralympic Games.

Their Royal Highnesses heard from Menna Fitzpatrick, Britain’s most decorated Winter Paralympian, who is visually impaired and skis with a guide."

"A huge thank you to HRH The Earl of Wessex and Oliver Phelps for joining us last night to celebrate and recognise our wonderful DofE UK Youth Ambassadors and everything that they have achieved."

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

The reception took place yesterday evening, March 7, and included the „launch of the Girl’s Educations Skills Partnership, an initiative to improve girls’ access to education and employment in developing countries“:

** twitter post **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom