Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 10: November 2018 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a snippet of the Countess talking about the death of the duke and loss of loved ones in general.

I can relate to this when I lost my grandmothers. Was very close to both (closer to them than my parents). I would see or hear something and it would suddenly take me to them and I'd start bawling.

I thought the interview was outstanding quietly impressive

Yes, I think Sophie spoke very well. There's quite a bit of talk about "lockdown grief", and the Royals have been through that - they obviously knew that Prince Philip was nearing the end of his life, but, because of the pandemic and restrictions, he wasn't able to see his grandchildren or cousins in person in his last weeks, and he never got to see August or Lucas in the flesh, and that's so very sad. A lot of families have been through the same thing, and it's good to hear Sophie speaking out about it.

"Court 5 was officially opened by HRH Sophie, Countess of Wessex. The Countess and Prince Edward live nearby in Bagshot Park, we are hugely grateful for their continued support of Bagshot Tennis Club and our community. Super proud of our Club"

"Delighted to welcome HRH The Countess of Wessex to the W C Lee’s Almshouses in Windlesham today.She chatted to the Residents, Trustees & guests about the history of the building & the benefits of Almshouses, the refurbishments & extensions that took place during 2020"

I have some lasting passions from my childhood and I know how dear they are to a person. It's so lovely that Lady Louise has one, and shared with her grandfather, no less!

Heavs, thanks for the link.

It is lovely that one of his grandchildren enjoys carriage driving too. I’m sure it was fun to share that with her and see her grow in the sport.

Apparently Sophie drives as well (presumably not competitively)? I don't think that's as well known as Louise doing it.

ah - Thank you for clearing it up. However really don't expect such a puff piece in the Times.

I have some lasting passions from my childhood and I know how dear they are to a person. It's so lovely that Lady Louise has one, and shared with her grandfather, no less!

Heavs, thanks for the link.
That's so sweet.

Last edited:
I really like the Forfar tartan. Is there a hierarchy to tartan - I mean does he have to wear the Balmoral tartan when at Balmoral.

I spent a lot of time trying to find where I have seen the poutfit before only to find myself laughing. There is an old pic of the Queen with her corgis at Balmoral with a similar tartan on, pink shirt, blue blazer and blue socks.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex paid a visit to the Forfar Golf Club, Utopia Costumes and S-Mart Angus in Forfar, Scotland today:

** rex gallery ** rex gallery 2 ** rex gallery 3 **

** dm article: A royally good sport! Sophie Wessex dissolves into giggles while trying her hand at golf..**

I always wonder where the Royals stay when they do these events. Will they stay overnight with The Queen (and presumably Prince William) at Holyrood?
Or will they travel back home to Bagshot?

I always wonder where the Royals stay when they do these events. Will they stay overnight with The Queen (and presumably Prince William) at Holyrood?
Or will they travel back home to Bagshot?

I suspect Edward and Sophie are staying at Holyrood, as are the Queen and William.

I suspect Edward and Sophie are staying at Holyrood, as are the Queen and William.

I assume so, it would be a very long trip and unnecessary travelling if they went back to Bagshot...

They have been hugely busy ... looking really relaxed and approachable wonderful to see the m

Today, July 6, the Countess of Wessex as Patron of sight loss charity the Vision Foundation joined a "group of visually impaired and sighted cyclists for a tandem cycle ride in Bushy Park, West London, to highlight the importance of independent living for blind and partially sighted people and the vital part employment plays in this. The bike ride coincides with the launch of the Vision Foundation's employment report 'See My Skills'":

** rex gallery **

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Countess Of Wessex Joins Tandem Bike Ride With Vision Foundation **

Last edited:
On the 7th July Sophie attended two events with Alexandra, which is lovely to see.

St James’s Palace
Princess Alexandra, Patron, the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, this afternoon opened the new South West Regional Centre, 10 Stillhouse Lane, Bristol, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of the County and City of Bristol (Mrs Peaches Golding).

Their Royal Highnesses subsequently visited Windmill Hill City Farm, Philip Street, Bedminster, Bristol.

Lovely to see Princess Alexandra out and about after 10 months of not appearing in the CC other than for Philip's funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom