Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 10: November 2018 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I feel we need to address a serious topic here that must be alarming - possible mental injuring many of you as it has me.
But I think it is time.
We need to break into Bagshot Park and St James Palace and destroy this green plaid jacket and green trousers of Edwards. I think that a case can be made for the brown shoes , but lets toss it on the bonfire for good measure as well.
He has been wearing this outfit for close to 20 years now - is it possible that the moths wont even touch it. Heavens no - is it possible that he repurchased the horrible thing? He wore the exact suit to pick up both his children after their births from Framley Park. He has wore it on several days at the Windsor Horse Show and when he visited Bristol Zoo. We need to have an intervention - where do people create those petitions online?

I am purposely forgetting the orange tie - I think that weird insane ties are a private joke of Sophie's possibly the kids to get him the weirdest tie that can for birthdays and Christmas.

I bow down before the awesomeness of the woman who kills it in a fedora...any fedora...but especially a WHITE factory-wear fedora and a lab coat ;)

They look like they were having a great time.

I feel we need to address a serious topic here that must be alarming - possible mental injuring many of you as it has me.
But I think it is time.
We need to break into Bagshot Park and St James Palace and destroy this green plaid jacket and green trousers of Edwards. I think that a case can be made for the brown shoes , but lets toss it on the bonfire for good measure as well.
He has been wearing this outfit for close to 20 years now - is it possible that the moths wont even touch it. Heavens no - is it possible that he repurchased the horrible thing? He wore the exact suit to pick up both his children after their births from Framley Park. He has wore it on several days at the Windsor Horse Show and when he visited Bristol Zoo. We need to have an intervention - where do people create those petitions online?

I am purposely forgetting the orange tie - I think that weird insane ties are a private joke of Sophie's possibly the kids to get him the weirdest tie that can for birthdays and Christmas.

Sophie has got some clothes she wore over 20 years ago. Just goes to show expensive clothing and looking after it properly makes it last longer.

I don’t dislike his outfit as it’s very “aristocratic country Earl” which is essentially what Edward is. His socks are even green just to add another clash to the ensemble!

I also think his ties are funny and I reckon they’re definitely gifts from Sophie or their kids or it’s just his way of expressing his quirky personality.

It’s always great to see Edward and Sophie doing a joint engagement and it was made even better being on his birthday. I wonder if they will go to Canada this year as they haven’t gone together in a few years and they use to visit regularly.

Court Circular 2nd March:
St. James's Palace

The Countess of Wessex this evening departed from Heathrow Airport, London, for South Sudan.
Mr Alexander Stonor is in attendance.

Court Circular 3rd March:
St. James's Palace

The Countess of Wessex this morning arrived at Juba International Airport, was received by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Republic of South Sudan (His Excellency Mr. Christopher Trott) and subsequently undertook engagements in Juba.

Her Royal Highness this afternoon attended a Meeting at the Residence with the Head of Protection Cluster on the major protection risks to women and girls.

The Countess of Wessex afterwards attended a Meeting with Leaders from South Sudan Council of Churches.

Her Royal Highness this evening attended a Dinner with women peacebuilders and women's rights activists at the Residence.

Court Circular 4th March:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, today undertook engagements in Kent.

His Royal Highness this morning visited Dover Christ Church Academy, Melbourne Avenue, Whitfield, Dover, and was received by the Lady Colgrain (Deputy Lieutenant of Kent).

The Earl of Wessex this afternoon visited Medway Open Award Centre, Summit House, Strand Approach Road, Gillingham, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Kent (the Viscount De L'Isle).

His Royal Highness subsequently visited Cobham Hall School, Gravesend, and was received by Dr. Bhargawa Vasudaven (Deputy Lieutenant of Kent).

The Earl of Wessex this evening attended a Dinner at Hever Castle, Hever, Edenbridge, and was received by Mr. Richard Oldfield (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Kent).

The Countess of Wessex this morning attended a Meeting with the Head of Field Office and Local Government Administrator in Malakal, South Sudan.

Her Royal Highness later visited a United Nations Mission in South Sudan Protection of Civilians Camp in Malakal.

The Countess of Wessex this afternoon attended a Lunch with Soldiers and Officers from the Malakal Engineer Group at the United Nations Mission in South Sudan Base.

Her Royal Highness later attended a Meeting on Gender Equality at Malakal Teaching Hospital, Malakal.

Court Circular 5th March:
St. James's Palace

The Countess of Wessex this morning visited Juba Diocesan Model Secondary School, Juba, South Sudan.

Her Royal Highness this afternoon attended a Lunch with Ambassadors and key UN Partners at Da Vinci Restaurant, Juba.

The Countess of Wessex subsequently attended a Meeting with Madame Rebecca Nyandeng Garang de Mabior (Vice-President of the Republic of South Sudan).

Her Royal Highness this evening attended a Dinner with senior women politicians at the Residence in Juba.

Court Circular 6th March:
St James’s Palace

The Earl of Wessex, President, Sport and Recreation Alliance, today attended the Alliance Awards at King Power Stadium, Filbert Way, Leicester, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Leicestershire (Mr Michael Kapur).

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this afternoon attended a Reception at Castle Fine Art, 12-14 King Street, Manchester, and was received by Mr Paul Griffiths (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Greater Manchester).

The Countess of Wessex this morning attended Meetings with Women’s Protection Advisers in Juba, South Sudan.

Her Royal Highness this afternoon attended a Reception for International Women’s Day at Afex Camp, Juba.

The Countess of Wessex later departed from Juba International Airport for the United Kingdom.

Court Circular 7th March:
St James’s Palace

The Countess of Wessex this morning arrived at Heathrow Airport, London, from South Sudan.
Mr Alexander Stonor was in attendance.

Court Circular 9th March:
St James’s Palace

The Earl and Countess of Wessex, Royal Vice Presidents, Royal Windsor Horse Show, this morning held a Meeting.

Court Circular 9th March:
Buckingham Palace

The Queen this afternoon attended the Commonwealth Day Observance Service in Westminster Abbey and was received by the Dean of Westminster (the Very Reverend Dr David Hoyle) and the Chairman of the Council of Commonwealth Societies (the Lord Howell of Guildford).
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and The Earl and Countess of Wessex were also present.

Court Circular 10th March:
St. James's Palace

Today is the Anniversary of the Birthday of The Earl of Wessex.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex this morning visited the Heritage Centre, Churchend, Foulness Island, and were received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Essex (Mrs Jennifer Tolhurst).

Their Royal Highnesses later visited the Company Shed, 129 Coast Road, West Mersea, Essex.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex today attended a Lunch at West Mersea Yacht Club, 116 Coast Road.

Their Royal Highnesses this afternoon visited Wilkin and Sons Limited, Brook Road, Tiptree, Essex.

Court Circular 11th March:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, today undertook engagements in Bristol.

His Royal Highness this morning visited Bridge Learning Campus, William Jessop Way, Hartcliffe, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of the County and City of Bristol (Mrs Peaches Golding).

The Earl of Wessex this afternoon visited Merchants’ Academy, Gatehouse Avenue, Withywood.
His Royal Highness later visited Orchard School, Filton Road.

Court Circular 16th March:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this morning participated in a video conference.

Court Circular 17th March:
St. James's Palace

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Defence Medical Welfare Service, this afternoon held a Meeting at St. James's Palace.

Court Circular 24th March:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, this morning participated in a video conference.

Last edited by a moderator:
But I think it is time.

I quite like his green suits, I think he pulls it off quite well, makes a change from the constant drab grey suits that you see a lot of now days by men.

That said many of the double breasted suits need to be burned...

I love a good quirky / wacky tie.

The Earl of Wessex as Trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award was in Bristol today, March 11. He visited the Merchants Academy, the Bridge Learning Campus (pic 1 & 2) and the Orchard School (pic 4):

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I suspect there is going to be a lot of these :) Participates in video conference, face timed, skyped in here.

Edward and Sophie need to go to the hospital and meet the nurses and doctors - but not get in the way.

Sophie has got some clothes she wore over 20 years ago. Just goes to show expensive clothing and looking after it properly makes it last longer.

I don’t dislike his outfit as it’s very “aristocratic country Earl” which is essentially what Edward is. His socks are even green just to add another clash to the ensemble!

I also think his ties are funny and I reckon they’re definitely gifts from Sophie or their kids or it’s just his way of expressing his quirky personality.

It’s always great to see Edward and Sophie doing a joint engagement and it was made even better being on his birthday. I wonder if they will go to Canada this year as they haven’t gone together in a few years and they use to visit regularly.
I agree, their clothes, no matter how old, still in brilliant condition and fit properly They are country Earl type people and look the part to a tee without going out and spending a fortune on new outfits each year just to impress. Similar to Anne. Their life style is very important to this couple and for years they have been ignored or found fault with while quietly doing their strong bit for the Queen and country. Edward has now had the responsibility of his father's many charities since Philip's retirement. Now that their children, who seem to be brought up very well and politely, are older I think we will see more of a joint event with these two and I really enjoy. They seem to really like each other and happy to be together without putting on a show. Apparently Zara and Mike always favored Sophie and Edwards also. Nice. JMO

I suspect there is going to be a lot of these :) Participates in video conference, face timed, skyped in here.

Edward and Sophie need to go to the hospital and meet the nurses and doctors - but not get in the way.

I think any visits to medical facilities will wait until things get better, months from now. No hospital needs to worry about a VIP visit right now.

Court Circular 16th March:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this morning participated in a video conference.

I agree. If this situation doesn’t improve for several months they will have to start doing meetings this way. It’s simply impossible to stop all contact and planing for months. And if they are doing them I think they should be included in the CC.

Nice that they’re still doing their weekly ride around Windsor. I guess it’s not technically breaking the rules of social distancing as it’s basically their back garden.

Sophie has done a video on the Royal Family Instagram stories about being at home with children during this time and resources to help. I imagine we’re going to see a lot more videos of the royals over this time.

Reactions: eya
Nice that they’re still doing their weekly ride around Windsor. I guess it’s not technically breaking the rules of social distancing as it’s basically their back garden.

Sophie has done a video on the Royal Family Instagram stories about being at home with children during this time and resources to help. I imagine we’re going to see a lot more videos of the royals over this time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-FU0kMH29c/

Camera by Lady Louise

Last edited:
:previous: Nice to see that Edward included a small speech thanking health workers in the video too!

So Precious! They seem close. It is such a lovely family!

I am so glad everyone shows their appreciate to the healthcare workers

Nice to see them join in, like the Cambridges and Dutch royals as well.

I like Edward included a small speech, and not simply a shot of clapping.

Am in New Zealand, during lockdown, re-reading all my books, up to Crown and Country by Edward Wessex, and there he is in 1999 wearing exactly the same clothes he's wearing in that clapping video above.

Wonderful to see the Wessex family joining in on the support .

Am in New Zealand, during lockdown, re-reading all my books, up to Crown and Country by Edward Wessex, and there he is in 1999 wearing exactly the same clothes he's wearing in that clapping video above.

?
Although it’s impressive that he still owns the clothes, what’s more impressive is they still fit.

Edward obviously got his “clothes storing” abilities from his big sister as Anne has worn clothes that are a good 40 years old!

Court Circular 26th March:
St. James's Palace

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Vision Foundation, this afternoon held a Meeting via video link with Mrs. Cherie Blair (Vice President).

Court Circular 27th March:
St. James's Palace

The Countess of Wessex this afternoon held a Meeting via telephone with the Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon (the Prime Minister’s Special Representative on Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict).

Court Circular 30th March:
St. James's Palace

The Countess of Wessex, Chairman, Women in Business Committee, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, this morning held a Meeting via telephone.

Court Circular 2nd April:
St. James's Palace

The Countess of Wessex this afternoon participated in a conference Meeting via video link with International Civil Society Action Network.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, National Autistic Society, later held a Meeting via video link during World Autism Awareness Week.

Court Circular 2nd April:
St. James's Palace

The Countess of Wessex this afternoon participated in a conference Meeting via video link with International Civil Society Action Network.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, National Autistic Society, later held a Meeting via video link during World Autism Awareness Week.

"Congratulations to the 12,468 incredible young people who have achieved their @DofE
Gold Award in the last year. Although the official Award ceremonies couldn’t go ahead this spring, we hope you take a moment to celebrate.

The Earl of Wessex sends a message to you all. "

Countess of Wessex helping to prepare food for NHS hospital staff yesterday.

The Countess of Wessex helped to prepare food & care parcels for NHS staff at her local hospital Frimley Park today

Fantastic message, LOVE the pink shirt.

Court Circular 15th April:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Trustees, The Prince Philip Trust Fund for the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, this afternoon chaired a Trustees' Meeting via video link.

Volunteering is making a difference. It seems the Duchess of Sussex is one of the many who are helping out.
Bless them all at this sad time of loss and uncertainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom