The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-27-2021, 05:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Thank you for the link.

Confused. Why is the Times and Valentine Louw rehash dribble from the Daily Express?
The Daily Express article quotes "Ingrid Steward in an interview with The Times" so I think it was the Express who rehashed it from VL?

Times article was published on Friday and this article from the Express was published early Saturday.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...rid-seward-ont

Old 06-27-2021, 07:48 AM
Royal Highness

ah - Thank you for clearing it up. However really don't expect such a puff piece in the Times.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
I have some lasting passions from my childhood and I know how dear they are to a person. It's so lovely that Lady Louise has one, and shared with her grandfather, no less!

Heavs, thanks for the link.
That's so sweet.
Old 06-28-2021, 07:34 AM
Administrator

The Earl and Countess of Wessex paid a visit to the Forfar Golf Club, Utopia Costumes and S-Mart Angus in Forfar, Scotland today:

** rex gallery ** rex gallery 2 ** rex gallery 3 **

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Earl Of Wessex And Countess Of Wessex Visit Scotland **

** dm article: A royally good sport! Sophie Wessex dissolves into giggles while trying her hand at golf..**
Old 06-28-2021, 12:31 PM
Royal Highness

I really like the Forfar tartan. Is there a hierarchy to tartan - I mean does he have to wear the Balmoral tartan when at Balmoral.

I spent a lot of time trying to find where I have seen the poutfit before only to find myself laughing. There is an old pic of the Queen with her corgis at Balmoral with a similar tartan on, pink shirt, blue blazer and blue socks.
Old 06-28-2021, 03:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Earl and Countess of Wessex paid a visit to the Forfar Golf Club, Utopia Costumes and S-Mart Angus in Forfar, Scotland today:

** rex gallery ** rex gallery 2 ** rex gallery 3 **

** dm article: A royally good sport! Sophie Wessex dissolves into giggles while trying her hand at golf..**
I always wonder where the Royals stay when they do these events. Will they stay overnight with The Queen (and presumably Prince William) at Holyrood?
Or will they travel back home to Bagshot?
Old 06-29-2021, 06:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Earl and Countess of Wessex arrive to visit the newly opened St James Quarter shopping district today 29 June in Edinburgh

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...0to%20Scotland
Old 06-29-2021, 06:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
I always wonder where the Royals stay when they do these events. Will they stay overnight with The Queen (and presumably Prince William) at Holyrood?
Or will they travel back home to Bagshot?
I suspect Edward and Sophie are staying at Holyrood, as are the Queen and William.
Old 06-29-2021, 06:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I suspect Edward and Sophie are staying at Holyrood, as are the Queen and William.
I assume so, it would be a very long trip and unnecessary travelling if they went back to Bagshot...
Old 06-29-2021, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Here's an article about today's visit to Edinburgh:

** dm article: Pretty in pink! Sophie Wessex puts on a summery display in pleated skirt and white blazer as she arrives alongside..**
Old 06-29-2021, 11:42 AM
Royal Highness

HRH The Countess of Wessex opens new Care and Rehabilitation Centre

https://www.charitytoday.co.uk/hrh-t...tation-centre/
Old 06-29-2021, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

They have been hugely busy ... looking really relaxed and approachable wonderful to see the m
Old 07-06-2021, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Today, July 6, the Countess of Wessex as Patron of sight loss charity the Vision Foundation joined a "group of visually impaired and sighted cyclists for a tandem cycle ride in Bushy Park, West London, to highlight the importance of independent living for blind and partially sighted people and the vital part employment plays in this. The bike ride coincides with the launch of the Vision Foundation's employment report 'See My Skills'":

** rex gallery **

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Countess Of Wessex Joins Tandem Bike Ride With Vision Foundation **
Old 07-06-2021, 01:33 PM
Royal Highness

Some articles of the day

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...le-London.html

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...-bushy-park/1/
Old 07-07-2021, 11:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

On the 7th July Sophie attended two events with Alexandra, which is lovely to see.

St Jamesís Palace
Princess Alexandra, Patron, the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, this afternoon opened the new South West Regional Centre, 10 Stillhouse Lane, Bristol, and was received by Her Majestyís Lord-Lieutenant of the County and City of Bristol (Mrs Peaches Golding).

Their Royal Highnesses subsequently visited Windmill Hill City Farm, Philip Street, Bedminster, Bristol.

Lovely to see Princess Alexandra out and about after 10 months of not appearing in the CC other than for Philip's funeral.
Old 07-09-2021, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Photos of the joint visits can be found at the family's current events thread.

Yesterday, July 8, the Earl of Wessex as Honorary Commodore in Chief of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary visited the Royal Fleet Auxiliary Tide-class tanker RFA Tidesurge in Portsmouth:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 07-09-2021, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Yesterday, July 8, the Earl of Wessex as Honorary Commodore in Chief of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary visited the Royal Fleet Auxiliary Tide-class tanker RFA Tidesurge in Portsmouth:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

More photos and informations can be found here

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-an...0709-tidesurge
Old 07-09-2021, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I just adore PA and so happy to see her out especially with Sophie. Have loved all the outfits though am really not crazy about the Mary Janes they look like the ones from last year
Old 07-11-2021, 01:06 PM
Courtier

Probably the wrong thread for this, but the right thread is closed.

This was in the Times today:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e...side-77v25z3b0

This article states that Charles will deny his brother Edward of the Edinburgh dukedom.

It doesn't say why.
Old 07-11-2021, 02:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Probably the wrong thread for this, but the right thread is closed.

This was in the Times today:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e...side-77v25z3b0

This article states that Charles will deny his brother Edward of the Edinburgh dukedom.

It doesn't say why.
If anyone can share the archive, I’d really appreciate it - thanks!

Tags
countess of wessex, current events, earl of wessex, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, viscount severn