Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 10: November 2018 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting how it states the Queen allowed her to use Philip's ponies and carriages out of favor rather than Philip having left them to her.

I think the odds are not in favor of Louise picking up her title and joining the Firm, but it is quite the expedition, and not too many people have the choice to become a princess.

Does she have to make the decision the day she turns 18, or just simply at some reasonable point after that? Anybody know?

It's interesting how it states the Queen allowed her to use Philip's ponies and carriages out of favor rather than Philip having left them to her.

I think the odds are not in favor of Louise picking up her title and joining the Firm, but it is quite the expedition, and not too many people have the choice to become a princess.

Does she have to make the decision the day she turns 18, or just simply at some reasonable point after that? Anybody know?

I don't know. As far as I'm aware, royal watchers only became aware of Louise's choice when Sophie talked about it for the first time in an interview a couple of years ago. Up until then it was assumed the decision had been made for them forever.

I doubt she'll decide to become HRH Princess Louise for many different reasons and even if she did then she wouldn't become a working royal. But it is really nice that she's received some positive press for her memories of her grandfather.

Agreed - it took all of us by surprise. I think the only people who are making a big deal of it is the DM.

The Earl of Wessex as Honorary Air Commodore attended a Parade at Royal Air Force Waddington, Lincoln, today, September 28:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
Interesting engagement, the end of an era. Edward looks very smart in his uniform.

The Countess of Wessex as Patron of the Patron of the Awareness Foundation held a reception for the participants of the Peace Walk 2021 today, September 29:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
As the article says, figures show that around 900,000 women in the UK have left their jobs because they struggled to manage menopause symptoms at work and got no support from employers. Well done to Sophie for drawing attention to this important issue. It wasn't the done thing for women of the Queen's generation, or even women of Princess Anne's age, to speak about about "women's problems", but royal patronage always brings attention, and hopefully this will raise the profile of the issue.

:previous: I like the fact that the little boy Harry mentioned it would be interesting in coming back in twenty years to see the tree.

On October 6 the Earl of Wessex visited Workshop Aberfeldy and Dewar's Aberfeldy Distillery in Aberfeldy.

** The Workshop Aberfeldy instagram gallery **

** scottishfield article: Prince Edward marks Dewar’s 175th anniversary **

** thecourier article: Earl of Forfar gives Perthshire whisky royal seal of approval during visit **

And the Countess of Wessex as Patron of the Foundation of Light charity attended the charity's Gala Awards Dinner tonight:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2** pa gallery **

** dm article: Stunning Sophie! Countess of Wessex looks glamorous in floor length black gown with pink..**

Last edited:
The Earl of Wessex as President of Sport and Recreation Alliance attended the Annual General Meeting at Prince Philip House in London today, October 12:

** Pic **

Last edited:
"As Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Corps of Army Music, The Countess of Wessex today visited the Royal College of Military Music in Hampshire to open the new Higher Training Wing

HRH raised a flag to mark the opening of the new building, and met student Bandmasters"

The Earl of Wessex visited the Headquarters of Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service in Winsford and opened their new training centre on October 13:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The Earl of Wessex as Patron of the Royal Exchange Theatre in Manchester has sent a message for its 45th anniversary:

On a post about the Queen not attending COP26 it mentioned that Prince Edward had cancelled a trip he had planned this week to visit relatives in Germany. Who would that have been?

"We were delighted to welcome HRH The Countess of Wessex yesterday, on her special visit to Surrey, in order to thank us for our hard work and outstanding services during the pandemic. "

https://www.surreylieutenancy.org/the-countess-of-wessex-visits-two-leading-surrey-charities/

"Last month, in the presence of our new Royal Patron, HRH The Countess of Wessex, Sir Jackie, our Fellows and Scientific Advisors, Prof Philip Scheltens and Prof Siddharthan Chandran presented the charity’s annual update"

"The Earl of Wessex visited @YorkshireWP yesterday to officially open their new sea lion facility, Point Lomos. His Royal Highness even took the opportunity to lend a hand at feeding time! Point Lomos is the world's largest filtrated sea lion complex and home to 6 sea lions."

Last edited by a moderator:
On November 4 the Countess of Wessex attended a reception at Aviva Tower in London for Victims of Terrorism.

** Pic **

Last edited:
The Countess of Wessex as Patron virtually participated in a Diwali assembly with Bradfield College and shared her experience visiting the OSCAR community in Mumbai:

The Countess of Wessex as Patron visited the Guide Dogs National Centre in Leamington Spa today, November 11. Too cute!

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

And she attended the Guide Dogs People Awards 2021 and presented the Princess Alexandra Award for Lifetime Achievement:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Earlier today she attended an Armistice Service and Parade in Bedworth, photos can be found and shared here.

Last edited:
Ohhhh I want to do this, too!

Was this a patronage she inherited from Princess Alexandra? I think I remember her with such a white coat and a puppy in her arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom