Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 10: November 2018 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting on with the job os supporting communities and profiling manful contributions and I believe it was Edwards birthday I love this couple they have the right stuff to support HM and. the monarchy

The Earl of Wessex virtually visited Greater Manchester today, March 16:

** Pic ** video **

Today, March 17, the Earl of Wessex spoke to three of his Armed Forces Reservist Regiments in the UK and in Canada - The Saskatchewan Dragoons, The Prince Edward Island Regiment and The Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment - as well as to the Royal Wessex Yeomanry:

** Pic **

The Countess of Wessex as Patron of Love Musgrove talked to key workers at Musgrove Park Hospital today:

** Pic **

Last edited:
The Earl and Countess of Wessex virtually attended Surrey’s Local Resilience Forum:

** Pic **

"The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit the NHS Seacole Centre in Surrey - a temporary community hospital which was opened in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. TRH thanked staff & volunteers for their hard work on the frontline and their service during the pandemic."

Wonderful staying in touch and constantly letting all those working so hard that they are not alone

They chose their line of behavior a year ago and hasn't moved since. I commend them for showing people that their work is appreciated.

The Earl of Wessex as Honorary Air Commodore of RAF Waddington and as Honorary Commodore in Chief of RFA Headquarters had some virtual meetings today:

** Pic **

The Countess of Wessex virtually visited South Sudan and Bosnia and Herzegovina yesterday, March 26, in support of the Women, Peace and Security agenda and the Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict Initiative:

** Pic 1** Pic 2 **

On March 24 the Countess of Wessex virtually presented the Woman of the Year award to Beth Marie at the Women in Defence Awards 2020:

** video **

Last edited:
In marking #WorldTheatreDay, The Earl of Wessex spoken to Hall for Cornwall on the impact of pandemic and their excitement in opening in the future. He also talked to Jethro (Writer, director and producer) about the experience in working in the theatre industry during lockdown.
The Royal Family @RoyalFamily
Performing arts “How much we’ve missed it and how much we’re looking forward to being able to have that collective experience again.”
To mark #WorldTheatreDay, The Earl of Wessex spoke to @HallforCornwall about the impact of the pandemic, and their excitement to open up in the near future.
1:39 AM · Mar 28, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @RoyalFamily
The Earl spoke to Jethro, a writer, director and producer who has been supported by @HallforCornwall, a performing arts organisation, about the experience of working in the theatre industry during lockdown.
#WorldTheatreDay
1:42 AM · Mar 28, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @RoyalFamily
As well as @HallforCornwall, The Earl supports many performing arts organisations, including @NYTofGB, @rxtheatre, @ClassWTheatre and @adctheatre.
[Camera with flash] HRH watching the National Youth Theatre company’s rehearsals in 2017
#WorldTheatreDay
1:43 AM · Mar 28, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

One of the good sides of social media is that the work of those who are overlooked by the press can get some notice. I'm impressed how well Edward and Sophie managed to "atone" for their missteps over the years.

The Wessex's are great. Professional, warm, dignified, Edward picked a marvelous wife in Sophie and I think she has brought out the best in him too.

Last edited:
I think its wonderful that Louise has taken up carriage driving and I wonder if originally it was a chance to spend quality time with her grandfather and she got hooked. It tickles my fancy when I see her all dressed up for an event. She looks perfectly proper but she fits and has brought a little young blood to the sport.

Lady Louise was pictured riding yesterday, April 8:

** rex gallery **

Thank you (..) for sharing the rex gallery link! :flowers:

Lady Louise greatly resembles The Earl of Wessex in these pictures, when riding in which for some reason I never figure out before. (My bad :lol:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Lady Louise is going to inherit her grandfathers carriage(s) and ponies (or are they horses?), given she is clearly interested in this sport.
I think this would be rather lovely.

From Court Circular, The Earl and Countess of Wessex have performed several engagements virtually betwen 27th-28th April.

27 April 2021
St. James's Palace
The Earl of Wessex, Master, the Worshipful Company of Fuellers, this afternoon attended the Annual General Meeting and Election Court via video link.

The Countess of Wessex, Chairman, Women in Business Committee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this morning chaired a Meeting via video link.

Her Royal Highness this afternoon took part in a Meeting with the Survivor Champions via video link as part of the Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict Initiative in Colombia.

28 April 2021
St. James's Palace
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning chaired a Meeting via video link.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Trustees, The Prince Philip Trust Fund for the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, this afternoon chaired a Trustees' Meeting via video link.

The Countess of Wessex this morning visited troops undertaking pre-deployment training at Bodney Camp, Hilborough, Norfolk, in support of Women, Peace and Security.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, Leeds Children's Hospital, this afternoon held a Meeting with Dame Linda Pollard (Chairman) via video link.

The Countess of Wessex, Global Ambassador, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, this evening attended a Meeting with Orbis UK (Orbis Charitable Trust) and Orbis International via video link.

https://www.royal.uk/court-circular...te]=24/04/2020&date[max][date]=28/04/2021&id=

The Royal Family social media account has released a post on The Countess of Wessex' virtual meeting with the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office, UK in Colombia Embassy and Survivor Champions of Freedom From Torture on 27th April

Yesterday, The Countess of Wessex joined representatives from @FCDOGovUK and @UKinColombia, and Survivor Champions @FreefromTorture, to discuss their ongoing work to support survivors of Conflict Related Sexual Violence (CRSV) in Colombia.
10:09 PM · Apr 28, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

Last edited:
:previous:

Here‘s a screenshot of the Virtual meeting with Orbis UK on April 28:

** Pic **

The Earl of Wessex visited Kingfisher Farm Shop in Abinger Hammer, Surrey, ahead of tomorrow’s Surrey Day:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
On 29th April, The Earl of Wessex as Trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award held a virtual meeting on that morning. His Royal Highness later spoke to representatives from health, education and charitable organisations across Tyne and Wear via video link. Here, Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Tyne and Wear (Mrs. Susan Winfield) was present. The Earl of Wessex then spoke to representatives from young people's organisations across Tyne and Wear, again via video link.

29 April 2021
St. James's Palace
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this morning held a Meeting via video link.

His Royal Highness later spoke to representatives from health, education and charitable organisations across Tyne and Wear via video link, at which Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Tyne and Wear (Mrs. Susan Winfield) was present.

The Earl of Wessex afterwards spoke to representatives from young people's organisations across Tyne and Wear via video link.

On the morning of 30th April, The Earl of Wessex visited Kingfisher Farm, Abinger Hammer, near Dorking to mark Surrey Day. He was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Surrey (Mr. Michael More-Molyneux).

30 April 2021
St. James's Palace
The Earl of Wessex this morning visited Kingfisher Farm, Abinger Hammer, near Dorking, to mark Surrey Day and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Surrey (Mr. Michael More-Molyneux).

https://www.royal.uk/court-circular...te]=26/04/2020&date[max][date]=01/05/2021&id=

Last edited:
"Earlier this week, The Countess of Wessex visited @RAnglians to see soldiers undergoing immersive Human Security Training ahead of their deployment to Mali next month, as part of the UK’s commitment to supporting UN peacekeeping missions around the world."

Here's a gallery of the Countess of Wessex meeting the Royal Anglian Task Group at Bodney Camp:

** anp gallery **

Last edited:
I forgot to post that on the 5th May, The Earl of Wessex visited Christ's College, Guildford, where he met students who are embarking on their Duke of Edinburgh Award. In 2009, the school was officially opened by Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh. Members of staff shared their memories with His Royal Highness when his father opened the school. The Earl was then showed with The Duke of Edinburgh Theatre, before meeting with the cast and crew.

This morning, The Earl of Wessex visited
@ChristsColl in Guildford, where HRH met students who are embarking on their @DofE.
The school was officially opened by The Duke of Edinburgh in 2009.
[Camera with flash] The Earl today; The Duke in 2009
2:37 AM · May 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @RoyalFamily
Members of staff shared their memories with The Earl of when The Duke of Edinburgh opened the school.
2:38 AM · May 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @RoyalFamily
The Earl was shown The Duke of Edinburgh Theatre, opened in his father’s name, where HRH watched students performing before meeting the cast and crew [Performing arts] [Dizzy symbol]
2:43 AM · May 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom