Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-13-2020, 12:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Does it get any more adorable, Sophie is a royal rock star

Old 02-13-2020, 10:16 AM
Administrator

The Earl of Wessex attended the Army Foundation College Graduation Parade at Uniacke Barracks in Harrogate today, February 13:

** gettyimages: GBR: Prince Edward Attends The Army Foundation College Graduation Parade In Harrogate **

And the Countess of Wessex as Global Ambassador of 100 Women in Finance attended the 100 Women Finance's annual charity gala last night:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Old 02-13-2020, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie’s visit looked lovely and she always appears to be so at ease with children.

Looking ahead in their diary I’ve noticed they have added some engagements. I see Edward and Sophie are doing joint engagements on his birthday this year. I love when couples do joint engagements as they always seems fun.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Countess of Wessex is at MSC2020 in Munich today to support the UN Women Peace Security Agenda as a member of the royal family. This morning she met refugee women who are being looked after by an IMMA project

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQvVy60W...name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQvVzCXX...name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQvVzCXW...name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQvVy6tW...name=4096x4096

The Countess of Wessex and Minister Michelle Muntefering had the opportunity to meet the panelists of the joint MSC2020 Townhall meeting

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQvXqGHW...name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQvXqFTX...name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQvXqBnX...name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQvaQtvX...name=4096x4096
Old 02-14-2020, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Absolutely fantastic to see Sophie as always, I can say it until I’m blue in the face but she really doesn’t get the recognition for causes like this as well as Camilla.

During the panel discussion, The Countess asked:

"What more does the panel think could be done to ensure women peace builders are brought to the table, recognised for their actions and afforded the protection they need and deserve?"
Old 02-14-2020, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree and it's a real shame that Sophie doesn't get more recognition for her tireless work on her engagements.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-14-2020, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree, most people have no idea of how much work Sophie (and Edward) do since they get little publicity.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:33 PM
Commoner

^I think she is starting to get more recognition given the current situation of the Royal Family, Sophie's engagements seemed to be mentioned more in the Daily Mail in the past year or so, the cynic in me though thinks its a good PR move by the Royal Family.

I would like to see them more get more publicity on the engagements they do but I honestly dont think either are that bothered about getting heaps of publicity, they went through a pretty horrid time with the press when they first got married all those years ago (not that I am excusing the tabloids but admittedly they did make a rod for their own back) and I cant imagine they want go back to a period where they are scrutinized.

And Edward's always had a love hate relationship with the media for decades.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I saw an article "introducing" Sophie to the world as it were really odd but she has been overshadowed and I hope that now they will receive the reaction to their hard work they deserve. I love Sophie think she is fabulous always hav. That is a great number of engagements that she has undertaken lately. Great news to see her
Old 02-16-2020, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Most members of the general public still probably wouldn't be able to name who Sophie is though - many people don't seem to be bothered about the royal family beyond the Sussexes. So whilst she has had a seemingly increasing number of reports written about her online, she still largely goes unnoticed by the general public and that's the real shame.

Old 02-18-2020, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Edward and Sophie are skiing as they do every half term on St Moritz.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.d...glitzy-St.html

I love James’ Spyder ski jacket.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:50 AM
Administrator

The Countess of Wessex as Patron of the Central School of Ballet opened The Countess of Wessex Studios, Paris Garden, Southwark, London, today, February 27 and later held a reception at Buckingham Palace:

** rex gallery **

** gettyimages: GBR: The Countess Of Wessex Opens The Central School Of Ballet's New Premises **

** dm article: Dancing back to business! Sophie Wessex returns to royal duties as she opens..**
Old 02-27-2020, 06:01 AM
Courtier

I think Edward and Sophie have tried to keep a low profile, and it seems to have worked for them - their marriage has lasted and their children seem happy - but it's a shame that they don't get more recognition for their work.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Countess of Wessex, as Global Ambassador of the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB), host a Vision for Commonwealth Reception at St James's Palace on 26 Febraury

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERxkVYjX...name=4096x4096
Old 02-27-2020, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Most members of the general public still probably wouldn't be able to name who Sophie is though - many people don't seem to be bothered about the royal family beyond the Sussexes. So whilst she has had a seemingly increasing number of reports written about her online, she still largely goes unnoticed by the general public and that's the real shame.
That is all very true, but I think the people who have always followed the family will know them well enough, but there is no denying the Sussex's have attracted a new following to the world of Royalty. In lots of cases it will only be the Sussex family that they are interested in or wish to follow, which is fair enough.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Countess of Wessex, as Global Ambassador of the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB), host a Vision for Commonwealth Reception at St James's Palace on 26 Febraury

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERxkVYjX...name=4096x4096
A great photo idea to support the cause!

This evening the Countess of Wessex as Patron of the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children attended the Sulphur and White Film Premiere in Mayfair, London:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery ** dm article **
Old 02-28-2020, 12:54 AM
Serene Highness

The official royal family Instagram account has a Day in the life Instagram Story for the Countess of Wessex. Quite interesting.
Old 02-28-2020, 01:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
The official royal family Instagram account has a Day in the life Instagram Story for the Countess of Wessex. Quite interesting.
This is a very insightful look at a 19 hr day following The Countess of Wessex through 2 events, several patronage meetings, an official photoshoot at St James Palace, an evening reception followed by her final evening event. All in the day of a working royal.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
That is all very true, but I think the people who have always followed the family will know them well enough, but there is no denying the Sussex's have attracted a new following to the world of Royalty. In lots of cases it will only be the Sussex family that they are interested in or wish to follow, which is fair enough.
That's pretty much what I said.

Old 02-29-2020, 11:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Lady Louise joins her father Earl of Wessex for a horse ride near Windsor Castle

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...or-castle.html

Tags
countess of wessex, current events, earl of wessex, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, viscount severn