Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 10: November 2018 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Sophie’s visit looked lovely and she always appears to be so at ease with children.

Looking ahead in their diary I’ve noticed they have added some engagements. I see Edward and Sophie are doing joint engagements on his birthday this year. I love when couples do joint engagements as they always seems fun.

Absolutely fantastic to see Sophie as always, I can say it until I’m blue in the face but she really doesn’t get the recognition for causes like this as well as Camilla.

During the panel discussion, The Countess asked:

"What more does the panel think could be done to ensure women peace builders are brought to the table, recognised for their actions and afforded the protection they need and deserve?"

I agree and it's a real shame that Sophie doesn't get more recognition for her tireless work on her engagements.

I agree, most people have no idea of how much work Sophie (and Edward) do since they get little publicity.

^I think she is starting to get more recognition given the current situation of the Royal Family, Sophie's engagements seemed to be mentioned more in the Daily Mail in the past year or so, the cynic in me though thinks its a good PR move by the Royal Family.

I would like to see them more get more publicity on the engagements they do but I honestly dont think either are that bothered about getting heaps of publicity, they went through a pretty horrid time with the press when they first got married all those years ago (not that I am excusing the tabloids but admittedly they did make a rod for their own back) and I cant imagine they want go back to a period where they are scrutinized.

And Edward's always had a love hate relationship with the media for decades.

I saw an article "introducing" Sophie to the world as it were really odd but she has been overshadowed and I hope that now they will receive the reaction to their hard work they deserve. I love Sophie think she is fabulous always hav. That is a great number of engagements that she has undertaken lately. Great news to see her

Most members of the general public still probably wouldn't be able to name who Sophie is though - many people don't seem to be bothered about the royal family beyond the Sussexes. So whilst she has had a seemingly increasing number of reports written about her online, she still largely goes unnoticed by the general public and that's the real shame.

Last edited:
I think Edward and Sophie have tried to keep a low profile, and it seems to have worked for them - their marriage has lasted and their children seem happy - but it's a shame that they don't get more recognition for their work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most members of the general public still probably wouldn't be able to name who Sophie is though - many people don't seem to be bothered about the royal family beyond the Sussexes. So whilst she has had a seemingly increasing number of reports written about her online, she still largely goes unnoticed by the general public and that's the real shame.

That is all very true, but I think the people who have always followed the family will know them well enough, but there is no denying the Sussex's have attracted a new following to the world of Royalty. In lots of cases it will only be the Sussex family that they are interested in or wish to follow, which is fair enough.

The Countess of Wessex, as Global Ambassador of the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB), host a Vision for Commonwealth Reception at St James's Palace on 26 Febraury

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERxkVYjXsAAQGal?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

A great photo idea to support the cause!

This evening the Countess of Wessex as Patron of the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children attended the Sulphur and White Film Premiere in Mayfair, London:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery ** dm article **

Last edited:
The official royal family Instagram account has a Day in the life Instagram Story for the Countess of Wessex. Quite interesting.

The official royal family Instagram account has a Day in the life Instagram Story for the Countess of Wessex. Quite interesting.

This is a very insightful look at a 19 hr day following The Countess of Wessex through 2 events, several patronage meetings, an official photoshoot at St James Palace, an evening reception followed by her final evening event. All in the day of a working royal.:flowers:

That is all very true, but I think the people who have always followed the family will know them well enough, but there is no denying the Sussex's have attracted a new following to the world of Royalty. In lots of cases it will only be the Sussex family that they are interested in or wish to follow, which is fair enough.

That's pretty much what I said.

Court Circular 24th February:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon chaired a Meeting.

Court Circular 25th February:
St James’s Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this morning chaired a Development Group Meeting at Award House, 7-11 St Matthew Street, London SW1.

His Royal Highness, Patron, the British Paralympic Association, this afternoon held a Lunch at St James’s Palace.

Court Circular 26th February:
St James’s Palace

The Countess of Wessex, Global Ambassador, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, this evening held a Reception for Vision for the Commonwealth at St James’s Palace.

Court Circular 27th February:
St James’s Palace

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Central School of Ballet, this morning opened The Countess of Wessex Studios, Paris Gardens, London SE1, and was received by Colonel Simon Duckworth (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Her Royal Highness, Grand President, St John Ambulance in the Priory of England and the Islands, this afternoon held a Meeting.

The Countess of Wessex, Colonel-in-Chief, Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps, subsequently received Colonel Alison Farmer upon assuming her appointment as Chief Nursing Officer. Colonel Jane Davis (Colonel Commandant) was present.

Her Royal Highness, Honorary Air Commodore, Royal Air Force Wittering, received Air Commodore Anthony Keeling upon relinquishing his appointment as Station Commander.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Central School of Ballet, this evening held a Reception at Buckingham Palace.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, later attended the film premiere of Sulphur and White at Curzon Mayfair, 38 Curzon Street, London W1.

I am not in the habit of reading the Court Circular but it does let you see how many visits/ meetings take place that do not reach the media.
There is a great deal of work either never or under reported. This is a general comment not just relating to the Wessex family.

Which has barely been mentioned anywhere. The press are so busy whipping up hysteria about the coronavirus that not much else is being mentioned anyway, but Sophie's work does go very under-reported, and so does Princess Anne's. It's a shame.

Countess of Wessex arrive to South Sudan yesterday, to support Women’s participation and efforts to prevent and address gender based violence. Like everyone else her first meeting was with a thermometer

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESMJDagWAAEVd-F?format=jpg&name=small

Later she have meetings

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESMKOrTWsAAM-Ea?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESMKOoGXsAE3XR-?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESMKOouWoAYXoVS?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESMKOouWoAYXoVS?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESNAjjhXUAQoc9S?format=jpg&name=large

Earl of Wessex visits Medway Open Award Centre in his work with Duke of Edinburgh Awards on 4 March

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/kent-welcomes-royal-visit-223218/

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, March 4, the Countess of Wessex met UK personnel in Malakal to hear about their work to help prevent violence against women and girls and she presented medals to some of the UK troops. She also met graduates of the IMC Worldwide's Engaging Men through Accountable Practices programme and visited a centre for women and girls.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **

Sophie's trip is as important as any other and any other royal who shall remain nameless who ventured this tour well it would be all over the place but I guess that is the way the it is... she is a quiet achiever and this is an amazing cause to involved with she has looked charming IMO well done Sophie

Yes! Sophie is a quite overachiever! She is doing a fantastic job and I enjoy following her tours and trips even though not as flashy as some other royals.

This morning, March 6, the Countess of Wessex met senior officers who provide support of UN HQ in Malakal and Bentiu:

** Pic **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom