Did Sophie Copy Princess Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why Sarah did it, maybe it was just Sarah being Sarah and talking too much. She had to know it would really tick off Diana.

Back to Sophie. I don't think Sophie consciously copied Diana, but Diana's style was very pervasive until her death. And Sophie does resemble Diana in some ways, the face is very similar although their body types were quite different. IMO Sophie is prettier and more delicate than Diana, although Diana radiated in a way that Sophie doesn't, at least for me.

In the beginning I thought Sophie resembled the Princess a lot. But now I don't see the resemblance anymore. Sophie is pretty but not as pretty as Diana IMO.
And her style is very different from Diana's nor do I think she ever tried to copy her. And I agree iowabelle that Sophie doesen't have that star quality that Diana had.

To explain why I don't think Diana was pretty. When you look at photos she has a terribly large bump on her nose, and her nose, which is large, is quite crooked. (William seems to have inherited her nose.) And I've noticed that one of her eyes was much larger than the other. I think that Sophie has more symmetrical features and smaller bones.

But to me Diana was beautiful. I think she had an aura, a star quality, which Sophie lacks. Diana had this aura even when she was a Sloane Ranger, before all the fashion and cosmetics gurus got hold of her.

Last edited:
I thought that Sophie had reddish hair, then she became blonde. Am I wrong?

Thank you for the pic. So she may have wanted to look like the princess of wales abit. Even the way she had her hair cut. Its amazing that sophie didn't keep her true hair color.

Well I'm not sure she was born with red hair. But her hair cut like this has, IMO, very few to do with her willing to resemble Diana. It was very trendy to have short hair in the 1990's (check out the end of the page : Hairstyles Through the Ages - Crystalinks).

Its amazing that sophie didn't keep her true hair color.

Nor did Diana. I've often wondered what Diana's natural hair color would have been by the time she was in her thirties. Lightish brown perhaps with some auburn highlights?

I believe so, selrahc4. Perhaps even brownish cause hair has a tendency to get darker when you age. Would be nice to photoshop a pic and see how it it looks.

I thought that Sophie had reddish hair, then she became blonde. Am I wrong?

Actually Sophie has dark brown hair like her parents and brother. She has been dyeing it since the 1980's various colours.:lol:

I've always liked Sophie and I thought she had her own style. What Diana did, other designers copied, so it would be hard to be alive in the same time frame and not look like Diana. While Diana was flashy and liked to show off, I think Sophie had, and has, a more refined, ladylike style. Sophie understands what it means to be part of an ensemble and Diana always had to be the star, so she tried really hard to dress and act in ways that would bring her the validation that she craved.

IMO Diana's nose and eyes made her and the smile was out of this world. She was a natrual beatuy.... I loved her when we first seen her with her chubby checks and girlish looks. she grew into her own style and grace. Shopie is very pretty too in a differnt way. Sophie may not have a star quality but she has captured the Queens heart and respect which is something Diana did not seem to be able to do IMO

I think the Queen liked both of her daughters-in laws but it was Sophie whom she adored.
I have always been found Sophie to be a very pretty and warm looking woman. But some of fashion choices especially the satellite hats she wears are just not my cup of tea.

I have to agree there some of the hats are so big and wow !!!!!!

I think the Queen liked both of her daughters-in laws but it was Sophie whom she adored.
I have always been found Sophie to be a very pretty and warm looking woman. But some of fashion choices especially the satellite hats she wears are just not my cup of tea.

I think, of the Queen's four daughters-in-law that she has probably had least in common with Diana. That doesn't mean that she didn't like here or anything like that but Diana was a city girl and the royals are country people at heart.

Sophie, to me, is beautiful, both inside and out. She is so good for the family.

Diana to me was a pretty face but I never saw her as beautiful or having an aura or anything like that. She seemed to me to be false - always playing to the public but not really wanting to be there. In other words she seemed like a good actress to me.

I know that some of you think she was wonderful. I respect that. I disagree and didn't see her as anything to get worked up about. I hope you will respect my right to dee her I do.

The Countess of Wessex visits Ballet Schools, orders dresses by Cathrine Walker ( the late Princess Of Wales' favourite designer ), copies Princess Diana's hair style and charity concerns. I would be very curious to hear your competent opinion about this? ;)

Sophie is nothing like Diana. Diana was sweet and modest, and I really don't see that in Countess Sophie.

Diana became less modest as the years went by. By the mid-90s, she was wearing very short skirts and quite low-cut dresses. OTOH Sophie's gone in the opposite direction: from having had an early reputation as something of a party-girl, she's become a devoted wife and mother and a real asset to the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.:flowers:

Sophie is nothing like Diana. Diana was sweet and modest, and I really don't see that in Countess Sophie.

Diana became less modest as the years went by. By the mid-90s, she was wearing very short skirts and quite low-cut dresses. OTOH Sophie's gone in the opposite direction: from having had an early reputation as something of a party-girl, she's become a devoted wife and mother and a real asset to the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.:flowers:

So true.

Sophie is calm, gentle, sweet and lovely whereas Diana was none of these things.

Sophie is the ideal royal wife and I hope a role model for future royal brides.

Yeah, I guess that's true. I just have a little trouble forgetting her "early days." But, I still don't think she is like Diana. She seems outgoing and bubbly, while Diana was kind of quiet and shy.

:ermm: Princess Diana's hair was one of her most stunning traits in the early 1980s. Perhaps it was a look that Sophie thought worked for her so she styled it like that. Anyway don't you think both women were sporting the Diana-do long after it's used by date?

That's bound to happen when your friends are egocentric celebrities.:flowers:

I think Sophie is too comfortable with herself (self-confident) to feel the need to copy Diana. I think that style of haircut just happened to look good on Sophie.

Sophie before and few years after Diana's death no matter what she had wore
was identify to the late Princess. It was mainly because of their look a like.
I would say that now she has her own style - Sophie's style. And only maybe
sometimes she is identify to Diana. It's similar to Mary and Marie at the moment.

It is now over twelve years since Diana's death and this thread has served its purpose.
Rather than continuing to repeat what has already been said, it is now time to bring this discussion to a close.

Warren
for the British Forum moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom