Countess of Wessex expecting second baby in December 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard the good news. Congratulations to the Wessex's and the rest of the family.

It's absolutely wonderful!!!!

Congratulations to the happy family!!!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

congratulations to the whole family. i pray everything goes perfect with this pregnancy! :)

Wow, this was not the headline I was expecting to see this morning! Congratulations to the family, and I pray for a safe and uneventful pregnancy.

After all the trouble she had with Lady Louise, and the predictions about her health, I just hope that this pregnancy goes well, and hopefully, it is a textbook pregnancy, nine months and no complications.
Congrats to Sophie, Edward, Louise, and the rest of the family!

That explain why Sophie didn't attend some of her functions lately...and the reason given then was "she's sick". I wish her a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby!

Congrats! May this pregnancy progress smoothly and may the little one be safe and healthy

Good news. If the baby is a boy, he will be a Lord won't he?

Great news! And very unexpected too, all the best to the countess and the unborn child. I hope she will have an easy pregnancy and delivery this time.

That is a really wonderful news to learn about...I feel so happy for the Countess, Edward and Louise as well as members of both the families!I have had feelings of something is going to happen...and true....Wish that it would be a safe pregnancy considering for her age.

This is such great news. I really do like Sophie and I am so happy for the whole family. Great Great news! I hope everything goes well for her!

Congratulations to the Wessexs and hope she will have a safe pregnancy

Wonderful news for the whole family. I hope for a easy pregnancy & an easy labor as well.

Congratulations to the family. I didn't expect this news. The countess once said she hoped to have a boy and a girl. I hope she gets her wish. But first, I wish for a healthy baby.

Last edited:
Congrats to both sides of the family! This certainly wasn't the news I was expecting this morning:flowers:

I know it is a bit too premature to start talking about names, but if Sophie has a girl, I bet she will name her Mary, after her late mother.

What an unexpected news! Congrats to both of them! I wish her an easy pregnancy.

Wow! Congratulations!:flowers: I'm excited now!

Just saw the news on Sky News - I'm shocked, I totally didn't expect it!

I'm so so so pleased for Edward and Sophie - they deserve it!:)

I feel guilty questioning Sophie's lack of presence at events now - poor thing may have been having a rough time lately.:ermm:

Awesome! I can't wait! I wasn't expecting news like this at all, I was afraid they would never have any more children, but this is really great!!

I hope everything goes well with the pregnancy and the Countess takes every precaution to ensure a healthy baby! The British Royal Family is having their own little baby boom after all, with little Lord Culloden first, and now Lord Nicholas and Prince Edward's babies.

Question, now, regarding titles. If this little one is a boy (which I hope is is, so the Dukedom of Edinburgh will continue on for at least another generation!) it can be assumed he'll be XX Windsor, Viscount Severn, right? So when/if Edward gets the Dukedom of Edinburgh, will his children just remain as they are (Louise and possible sister as Ladies/Louise as a Lady, possible brother as....Earl of something. Merioneth, maybe?) or gain a royal rank (HRH Princess Louise & HRH Prince/ss NN of Edinburgh/Wessex/whatever)

Well this good news certainly came out of nowhere LOL

I am surprised, I didn't think they'd try again after everything they've been through- an ectopic pregnancy, then Lady Louise's early & difficult birth.

I hope Sophie will have a good pregnancy & safe delivery of a healthy baby.

If I'm not mistaken, Lady Louise is already a HRH and a Princess of Wessex (just like her cousins are Princesses of York) , but his parents wished she was simply referred as "Lady Louise".

Wow! Congratulations!:flowers: I'm excited now!

Just saw the news on Sky News - I'm shocked, I totally didn't expect it!

I'm so so so pleased for Edward and Sophie - they deserve it!:)

I feel guilty questioning Sophie's lack of presence at events now - poor thing may have been having a rough time lately.:ermm:

Same with me, I was a bit shocked, but in a very very positive way! :)

I'm so happy for the family, they've waited so long and they absolutely deserve it. My congratulations and
best wishes for a good pregnancy to the Wessex family!!!

what wonderful news. best wishes for a healthy pregnancy and baby!

If I'm not mistaken, Lady Louise is already a HRH and a Princess of Wessex (just like her cousins are Princesses of York) , but his parents wished she was simply referred as "Lady Louise".

Didn't the Queen agree with Edward and Sophie that their future children would not carry the HRH Prince(ss) titles? Wasn't there a letters patent (I think).

Didn't the Queen agree with Edward and Sophie that their future children would not carry the HRH Prince(ss) titles? Wasn't there a letters patent (I think).

IIRC, there was no Letters Patent issued, the Queen simply agreed to it. That way if Louise or her sibling want to use the HRH, they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom