Christening of Viscount Severn at Windsor: April 19, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for clarification . It is obviously true that I don't know the Royal couple, none of us do. But it doesn't stop us from discussing them all and giving our opinions and speculations on their behaviours, which is why these Forums exist and is what I did.

Anytime someone says, for example that Sarah Ferguson is exploiting the BRF and is not sorry for her past behavior is not presuming to know the woman, they are simply stating how they feel whether it's fair or not. Anytime someone posts that Princess Michael is a gold digging racist, they are not presuming to know the woman. They are stating what they believe based on her actions and what is reported in the press. The same goes for all the Royals we post about.

We obviously don't need to know them to be able to post an opinion about them do we?

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing that Charles and Camilla had engagements before and after the christening does make a difference in my opinion. The paper presented it as though they were simply on vacation. Their engagements are certainly a far more plausible reason to me than C&C wanting a baby girl...really? By the time they were both divorced they were nearly 50, I would think they would be happy just to be together.

I also think the royal family operates differently than a "normal" family would. If his parents thought nothing of missing Edward's graduation because of prior engagements, then why would Charles think twice about missing Edward's son's christening for the same reasons? It's too bad but simply the way life in the royal family goes, I guess.

I also think the royal family operates differently than a "normal" family would.
I'm not so sure about that. The problem is that you have to find a date when most of the family have no prior engagements. Some are willing to adjust their schedule, like Andrew but others can't. That's IMHO why it always take so long till the christening: with four months after the birth the chance is much greater to find an open slot in the appointment books of the family. If I were Edward and had to choose to have either the queen or Charles or to wait for another few months, I'd gone for the queen.

I am very disappointed that Charles and Camilla didn't attend this christening. And very disappointed that we didn't get a photo with grandparents and godparents (let alone one with Louise, which we pretty much knew we WEREN'T going to get).

the tmore you try to hid away the child the more people will suspect that something is wrong

will she be starting school this september then she will be out in the public eye and it wont be hard to get a picture of her then

I've seen a couple of photos of Lady Louise. She is an extremely pretty child with golden blond curls and blue eyes.

Unless there is something we don't know she appears to be very healthy.

I'm not so sure about that. The problem is that you have to find a date when most of the family have no prior engagements. Some are willing to adjust their schedule, like Andrew but others can't. That's IMHO why it always take so long till the christening: with four months after the birth the chance is much greater to find an open slot in the appointment books of the family. If I were Edward and had to choose to have either the queen or Charles or to wait for another few months, I'd gone for the queen.

That's something along the lines of what I meant, I guess. In an ordinary family schedules are, or should be, somewhat more flexible. The royal family is answerable not just to a boss, but to the whole public, so it's harder for them to switch their schedules around.

I am quite pleased that Andrew decided to put his brother before the wedding, it was nice that he could be there.

I am starting to wonder about the lack of pictures of Louise. I understand the lack of public photographs, but excluding her from a picture with her parents and baby brother is a little bit more suspicious. No one can possibly argue that a single picture of her with her family would be undue media exposure. She seemed healthy to me from the pictures I have seen, it's just that there are so few.

We don't know if she has been excluded from a photo taken of her with her baby brother, at his christening. The same person who took that photo of James with his mum and dad, more than likely took many photos.

Maybe the one with Lady Louise, her brother and their mum and dad in it. Is a private thing, that they as a loving family want to enjoy as a family, and not have the public see it.

Just because we don't see many pictures of Lady Louise, and chances are we wont see many of James. Doesn't mean to say her parents are ashamed of her with her eye condition, which I think more is made of the condition that what it really may be.

If Edward and Sophie were shunning their child, and hiding her away giving her a very sheltered life. Wouldn't the press be all over it, saying what bad parents they are to their daughter? I havent seen any press saying such things, so maybe they are doing a good and loving job with their daughter.

I think Edward and Sophie just want a normal as possible life for their two children. If that means that the public don't see much of them through the world press then I don't have a problem with that.

I hope their two children do get a normal life, go to school and socialize with public children, and have a good career in whatever as adults.

Maybe it was a good thing that Charles and Camilla didn't turn up, nor did Prince William or Harry. Then the Wessexes wouldn't of had their private christening for their baby son.

Maybe that's how Edward and Sophie planned it for April the 19th, because they knew Charles, Camilla, William and Harry were not going to be there.

Just comparing the christening photo of Louise to James. It looks to me James may have darker hair than his sister. His hair that is starting to grow is very much his father's hair colour.

the tmore you try to hid away the child the more people will suspect that something is wrong

will she be starting school this september then she will be out in the public eye and it wont be hard to get a picture of her then

I don't think she's necessarily being hidden away. I think it's just that her parents are so low key, and they are quite serious about keeping their young children out of the Royal spotlight.

Just watch....these christening photos we've seen of little James will probably be the last we see of him for quite awhile. He'll be hidden away at Bagshot with Louise and the next time he's photographed he'll be walking!

Just saw the christening photo- I love the photo they released. The Viscount is a very cute baby!!!

Saw a better quality of the photo in the hello magazine, little james has is parents eye colour. :)

The christening photo was nice but I still can understand why Lady Louise is not being included in family functions! She should of been in the photo for the special day. Baby James is a cutie!!!!

The christening photo was nice but I still can understand why Lady Louise is not being included in family functions! She should of been in the photo for the special day. Baby James is a cutie!!!!
They probably do have a photo of Louise with James, and parents at the christening. It just not for the public to see.

Doesn't mean to say her parents are ashamed of her with her eye condition, which I think more is made of the condition that what it really may be.
Do we know what the eye condition is and is it fixable? Perhaps she has to be a certain age to fix it?

They probably do have a photo of Louise with James, and parents at the christening. It just not for the public to see.
Very odd. Very very odd.

Do we know what the eye condition is and is it fixable? Perhaps she has to be a certain age to fix it?
I have read somewhere that it has been fixed.

Hello Magazine said that it had been operated on, but that was one operation - of which there is going to be more.
And then she might have to wear corrective patches and glasses throughout her life.

It is what we in the UK, call a squint, I understand. The operation is normally 100% successful IF the parents decide to go that route. In many cases spectacles with a patch applied for a certain time each day is all that is required. I don't know of anyone who has had to wear a patch throughout their lives because of the condition.

I don't blame edward and Sophie wanting to keep their children away from the media!

I saw the hello mag pic, which very adorable, his eyes are fine for those questioned it why it a side profile. Also Edward's tie might have given to him by Louise, as it has teddy bears on it.

The tie was the same one worn by Edward at Louise's christening. It was given to him by Andrew on Louise's birth.

I've noticed Prince Edward wears some cute looking ties, such as the teddy bear one in the christening photo's and the tie with the dogs on it as well. That I have seen him wear in some photos. :)

I've noticed Prince Edward wears some cute looking ties, such as the teddy bear one in the christening photo's and the tie with the dogs on it as well. That I have seen him wear in some photos. :)
Mmmm? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom