Christening of Viscount Severn at Windsor: April 19, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is my opinion that within the next three years Edward and Sophie will start a role similiar to the Glouchesters and Kents and thus their children will lead similar lives to Freddy Windsor, Rose and Davina Windsor. They might attended family gatherings and even support their favourite designer and charity but that is probably all.[/quote]

MOst likely you are correct--and that is about what I would expect, I just don't want to see the neice and nephew of the King disappear from view!:flowers:

As for the DoE, it does have to be recreated when it reverts to the Crown, but I thought it had been announced that Edward would receive it. As it has been announced by the Palace why would that change?

Nothing has changed. The Queen has expressed her intent, it will be up to Charles to implement it.

I expect the pic will be realeased at about eleven for the morning paps. Sorry Warren if you were saying up to see it.

It was definately annouced when Edward got married and given the title Earl of Wessex that he would inherit the title DOE when his father died.

Edward is taking over quite a few of his fathers charities as he grows older - specfically the DOE Awards Scheme!

It was definately annouced when Edward got married and given the title Earl of Wessex that he would inherit the title DOE when his father died.

Actually, it's when the title reverts to the crown, which is when Charles becomes King.

No Xan and the youngest Kent also wore it. Sorry to say I sad to see it go.

When on earth were Xan and Albert christened? There was never any announcement about either of them. I could understand the Ulsters not wanting to release information since they are so private, but Nicholas and Paola did a lot of announcing and such when they got married and were expecting little Albert. I've been wondering why there was never any news on when these two little boys were christened.

Edward is taking over quite a few of his fathers charities as he grows older - specfically the DOE Awards Scheme!

According to Edward's biography ion the Official Website

Born in 1964, he was known as Prince Edward until his marriage, when he was created The Earl of Wessex and Viscount Severn.

At the same time it was announced that His Royal Highness will be given the title Duke of Edinburgh in due course, when the present title now held by Prince Philip eventually reverts to the Crown.

What about the Current Dukes other titles

They will became Charles' as soon as the Duke of Edinburgh dies, then they will become part of the crown when he becames king, to pass to family or friends as he seems fit.
We were talking about James becaming the Duke of Edinburgh. Yes the Queen has made her intentions know that she would like Edward to be DOE, but we don't know yet if the title will be passed down to James.

Enough OT Lets return to the Christening.

Last edited:
I expect the pic will be realeased at about eleven for the morning paps. Sorry Warren if you were saying up to see it.

The christening of Viscount Severn is a private christening.
There will be pics, but only for the family and friends.
So no pics will be published and there will be no pics in the morning papers!!!

The christening of Viscount Severn is a private christening.
There will be pics, but only for the family and friends.
So no pics will be published and there will be no pics in the morning papers!!!

1 picture will be released.

Photo

I just happened to be online when the BBC posted the article. No enlarged version yet. Must have been released at 21:00. It is a lovely picture though.

From what I understand that is the only pic. No enlarged version, unless you mean one of better quality.
I must say that this is not what the newspapers were expecting, and in the coming days thay will have a lot to say about it.

Don´t know but I have a feeling that little Viscount Severn has the same eye problem like his sister. His eyes look, compared to his head very small in a strange way.....:cool:

What a darling photograph of a very robust and alert young baby! Whatever his food allergy, it is no more...He looks as if he is well-fed.

I am very upset and disappointed about Lady Louise not included in the photo. Very odd, indeed.

I would like to add I am very glad Prince Philip got to see his grandson's Christening....I was deeply worried he might miss it for some reason due to his health. I am sure this is a happy weekend for all at Windsor. The celebration of both young and old lives..Congrats and good wishes to both James and his beloved granny, HM The Queen.

Last edited:
Sophie looks absolutely beautiful and little James looks adorable. I do wish there had some photos of the entire family and the god-parents.

Perhaps Edward is smart enough to somehow have ownership and control over what is released to the public through the media regarding his family. He may be setting a precedent that William and Harry will be following with their families as well. As much as I would want to see tons and tons of family photos of private events, perhaps Edward is going down the correct path. Maybe one day he will publish his own family album....

James is adorable, but I'm reall dissapointed they didnt release a photo that included Louise, the Queen & Duke.

James is beautiful baby...very healthy looking. Sophie and Edward seem very happy. I only wish Louise could have been in the picture. I should imagine it will be a long time until we see them again.

Don´t know but I have a feeling that little Viscount Severn has the same eye problem like his sister. His eyes look, compared to his head very small in a strange way.....:cool:
If you look at the larger photo at the royalist website, the childs eyes look normal.

The Royalist - Private Christening For Edward & Sophie's Baby James

I think the smaller photo on the bbc website just makes his eyes look strange.

Lovely photo of the happy couple with their lovely little boy.

Lovely pic, what a shame Louise wasn't on it

I am still disappointed Louise was not included in the family portrait....Omissions often lead to whispers that something is not right.

The last photo we saw of Lady Louise was her watching her grandmother through a window---here's a link:
Photo
/
She looks fine to me--actually, she is a beautiful child. It's a pity we don't see her more. Have there been any other recent sightings?

Last edited:
Was the BP Window photo before of after the scottish Ship Vacation

That picture was from November of last year when the Queen was on her way to open Parliament and Louise was watching out the window.

According to the Mail on Sunday the Christening was attendinded by Prince Andrew, Princess Anne and Tim Lawrence and the Rhys-Jones. None of the younger royals nor Prince Charles attended.

I must say that me and several royal correspondant were expecting something more Litchfield. I suppose you get so used to the way you see Christenings that you don't like any other. Do you perfer the new style or would you rather have seen a formal Litchfield pic, with the people standing behind chairs?

Back
Top Bottom