Birth of Lady Louise (November 8, 2003) and Christening (April 24, 2004)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

They look really happy, don't they? (Except the baby - who's annoyed she hasn't got a name yet)! ;)

Sophie looks great - thought the pink scarf was a nice touch :flower:

I didn't know that it wasn't the done thing to post the same pics - sorry about that. It takes me a while to find and save mine, and then when I put them on here, I'm inclined to get a little carried away!!

From BBC News -

A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said on Sunday the couple were looking forward to being a family together at last.

"They are just very, very excited about bringing her home. They can hardly wait," she said.

"They are both completely besotted. No baby was wanted more than this."

It was "absolutely wonderful" and "touching to see them with her", the spokeswoman said, adding the little girl was "going to be a very doted-upon baby".

Edward was already a very hands-on father "getting stuck in with everything," she said.

Where can you find the statement of the spokeman of BP??

The picture Binny posted of just Sophie is lovely. Sophie looks so happy and proud to finally be bringing her daughter home.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto.../International/

BREAKING NEWS
POSTED AT 3:27 PM EST Sunday, Nov. 23, 2003

Prince Edward and wife take baby daughter home
Associated Press

Frimley, England — Prince Edward and his wife, Sophie, carried their infant daughter out of the hospital and headed home on Sunday more than two weeks after the baby was born prematurely.

"She looks like him," said Sophie, Countess of Wessex, pointing at her husband who cradled the baby in his arms.

Asked how she felt to be taking her daughter home, the countess said, "It's the best day ever."

Before climbing into their car, the couple thanked staff at Frimley Park Hospital, southwest of central London, where the baby was delivered by emergency Caesarean about four weeks early on Nov. 8, weighing 4 lbs. 9ozs.

The baby girl is the seventh grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II and the first child of Edward and Sophie, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, who married in 1999.

The couple refused to tell reporters the name of the baby. But she will not have be a Royal Highness. She will be known as Lady - with the chosen first name. When her parents married, it was announced that they had decided any children they had should not have the HRH title.

Soon after her birth, the baby was taken to a special unit in a hospital in south London while her mother, 38, remained at Frimley Park, near the family's home in Bagshot, Surrey county. After six days, the baby was returned to the hospital where she was born.

The countess was released from the hospital on Wednesday.

Shortly before the baby was released, Buckingham Palace said, "Her parents are really looking forward to coming together as a family. That's the priority - getting them in one place together."

Polfoto...

Attachments

• 212.jpg
    212.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 212a.jpg
    212a.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 242
  • EN_baby_birth_506a.jpg
    EN_baby_birth_506a.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 274
  • EN_baby_birth_506i.jpg
    EN_baby_birth_506i.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 304
Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny how most papers, well except the one above, have backed off using the line "The baby will not be a Royal Highness." Maybe they have realized that The Queen has not issued the letters patent yet or it could just be a coincidence.

Hi!

It said on Sky News London that the name will be announced later this week. (Don't know how they know that).

My husband reckons the delay must be because they want to name the baby Jonny (as in Wilkinson)!

:wacko:

Haha, or the child will be "She who must not be named"..."You-Know-Who Windsor"...yep, yep.

Why would they name the baby "Jonny"? That's a boy's name... :blink:

er ...
and if they choose the namd Johanna
....... can that become Johnny over time ? ;)

Hi moosey60!

Jonny Wilkinson has just helped England win the Rugby World Cup. They're so happy about it in England that there's talk he might get a knighthood!

;)

www.hellomagazine.com

EDWARD AND SOPHIE BRING THEIR NEW BABY HOME

24 NOVEMBER 2003
The Earl and Countess of Wessex and their newborn daughter are finally back home together after the newest member of the Royal Family was discharged from hospital on Sunday.

"It is the best day ever," said Sophie as she collected her little girl from Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey. The family was met by cheers from both staff and patients as they made their way through the corridors of the hospital and out to their car.

The happy day comes after a tough two weeks for Edward and Sophie, as their baby was born a month premature. She was delivered by emergency caesarean after the Countess was rushed to hospital suffering from stomach pains on November 8. Mother and child then faced a separation after the baby was taken to a neo-natal unit in London while Sophie was kept under observation at Frimley Park.

All three are now happily reunited in their Bagshot Park home, however. And though they have not yet named the infant, the Wessexes are clearly delighted with their new arrival. "They are just very, very excited about bringing her home," said a Buckingham Palace spokeswoman. "They are both completely besotted. No baby was ever wanted more than this."

I can´t wait....
The baby is already 17 years old and has no name yet.The other children of the Queen didn´t wait so long to announce the names of their children,or??Okay,the early birth wasn´t expected,but after almost 3weeks they should have take a decision...

Oh,sorry,I don´t mean 17years old :innocent: ,but 17 DAYS old... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by liv@Nov 25th, 2003 - 6:01 pm
I can´t wait....
The baby is already 17 years old and has no name yet.The other children of the Queen didn´t wait so long to announce the names of their children,or??Okay,the early birth wasn´t expected,but after almost 3weeks they should have take a decision...
17 years :p

that went fast....

i cant wait see christening!

maybe on christmas day or in month!

Sara Boyce

I also think it would be great if the christening would take place around christmas.Do you think will be announced this day or earlier?????

The Wessexes do look like a happy family! I'm so glad for them.

Does the baby Wessexes hair look reddish?

Now it is FOUR granddaughters vs. THREE grandsons for the Queen and Prince Phillip. Girls rule! LOL

Anxiously waiting to hear the name........ :)

peace.zara

Originally posted by Zara@Nov 25th, 2003 - 9:47 pm
The Wessexes do look like a happy family! I'm so glad for them.

Does the baby Wessexes hair look reddish?

Now it is FOUR granddaughters vs. THREE grandsons for the Queen and Prince Phillip. Girls rule! LOL

Anxiously waiting to hear the name........ :)

peace.zara
heh!

i have 5 cousins females in my life but i have young cousin who become 6 year old last September but i have some male cousin i could bet male cousin HA!

I have cousin who have baby will born in January about my brother's birthday i hope so! and what you said about reddish like my cousin have it!

im so sure i hate wait for names come on! maybe wait for christening coming!

Sara Boyce

The names chosen by The Earl and Countess of Wessex for their daughter are Louise, Alice, Elizabeth, Mary.

was any of you right?

Well,nice names!We didn´t really expect Louise to be the first name,but The name includes Elizabeth and Mary.
I don´t like Alice.I think it doesn´t fit to the other names if you pronounce them.Louise Elizabeth Mary would have been more fluent?

HRH PRINCESS LOUISE ALICE ELIZABETH MARY OF WESSEX

Edward and Sophie Name Their Baby

By Peter Archer, Court Correspondent, PA News

The Earl and Countess of Wessex have named their daughter Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor, Buckingham Palace announced today.

The latest edition to the Royal Family, born less than three weeks ago, will be known as Lady Louise Windsor, said a Palace spokeswoman.

Edward and Sophie, the Earl and Countess, have decided, with the Queen?s consent, not to style their daughter ?Her Royal Highness?.

Instead, she will use the title of a daughter of an earl.

Although her full surname is Mountbatten-Windsor, she will only use Windsor.

But there was nothing about the title or surname in the announcement from the BP,or?

DO you like the name????

A spokeswoman from Buckingham palace today
told the media that with the Queen's concent and permission

Countess Sophie and Prince Edward's daughter is to be known as

The Lady Louise Windsor

Royal Wessex baby finally named
26 November, 2003
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3240966.stm

I had to add "The" because the above is how Louise
is styled at the official british royal website tonight.

The Lady Louise Windosr doesn't sound that bad after you say it a couple of times. It almost sounds as good as Princess Louise. Yet who knows, there are a few little princes running around Europe and there are many royal females pregnant on the continent, maybe she will one day be Princess Louise.

Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary

Yes, we certainly did not see Louise coming! I had really hoped to see something fun and diffrent in the little girl's name however, even as a middle name, like Louise Mary Elizabeth Daisy Windsor.

But, Louise it is, then!

What do you all think of the new royal baby's name? I loved that they named her after Queen Victoria's most interesting and unconventional daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom