Birth of Lady Louise (November 8, 2003) and Christening (April 24, 2004)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the baby eight in line to the throne? Don´t princess Anne and her children count in the line of succession? Is it just: Charles-William-Henry-Andrew-Beatrice-Eugenie-Edward-new born baby...???

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:46 pm
Why is the baby eight in line to the throne? Don´t princess Anne and her children count in the line of succession? Is it just: Charles-William-Henry-Andrew-Beatrice-Eugenie-Edward-new born baby...???
Women follow their brothers in the present line of succession, therefore Anne, even though she is older than her brothers, still follows them and their offspring in the line to the throne.

How long did it take for the other British royals to release the names of their kids? Is it to be soon, or do we have to wait for the christening?

I think the name will be announced soon...and Helen would be a wonderful choice! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Alexandria@Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:50 pm

Women follow their brothers in the present line of succession, therefore Anne, even though she is older than her brothers, still follows them and their offspring in the line to the throne.
Has GB changed the succession-laws for the next generation? So that a possible first born girl of prince William could become Queen?

What about Helen Elizabeth Alexandra or Elizabeth Helen Alexandra or Elizabeth Alexandra Helen, or Elizabeth Helen Mary. Something to that effect.

Very traditional names.I would like Laura. :heart:

:cry: Hey, why does everybody vote for Helen? Is there some speciel reason the baby girl should be called so? Some important relative, perhaps? Helena is just one of the names I never, never liked. There are lots and lots of Helenas just of my own age and I was ever so glad, I am not one of them.
But if she will be Helen after all, I shall accept it. :p

To all Helenas: I have nothing against you as persons! :flower:

:shock: Please, can anybody tell me what 4 lbs 9 oz makes in kilos? Is it something about 2 kgs? :blink:

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 9th, 2003 - 1:21 pm
Has GB changed the succession-laws for the next generation? So that a possible first born girl of prince William could become Queen?
Yes, I think a change will take effect starting with Prince William's kids. Whether he has a boy or girl first, it will be the next heir to throne. If it is a girl, she will still take precedence, even if she has younger brothers.

The Earl of Wessex has arrived at Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey to visit his wife Sophie, who last night gave birth to their first daughter in an emergency Caesarian operation.

Prince Edward rushed back from an official trip in Mauritius to be by his wife's side.

Watched by onlookers and the waiting media he smiled as he hurried through the hospital doors to see his wife.

Wearing a blue blazer, yellow shirt, tie and a poppy he was greeted by hospital staff and ushered into the building.

The baby, who is eighth in line to the throne and is the Queen's seventh grandchild, weighed 4lb 9oz and was several weeks premature.

Doctors at Frimley Park Hospital said both mother and daughter were "stable".

However, as a precaution, the baby was transferred to the neo-natal unit at St George's Hospital, Tooting, south London.

The Queen is said to be "delighted" by the news of her new grandchild.

Buckingham Palace said: "The Queen is being kept regularly informed on the progress of both mother and baby, and is pleased to hear that they are doing well."

A Palace spokeswoman added that any hospital visit by the Queen would be private.

Parents visit the Countess

The Countess's parents spent an hour-and-a-quarter with her on Sunday before going on to see the baby.

Mr Christopher Rhys-Jones said: "Sophie is absolutely fine. She's heavily sedated and rather sleepy but she is perfectly OK. The baby is also fine."

When asked if the baby had been given a name, he said: "It's really not my position to say.

The Countess, 38, who suffered a potentially life-threatening ectopic pregnancy two years ago, will stay in hospital "for the foreseeable future", the Palace said.

The Countess was admitted to hospital from her nearby home at Bagshot Park after she became unwell.

Until then, the pregnancy had been progressing well without complications and royal gynaecologist Marcus Setchell was due to deliver the child early in December.

It had been expected that the Countess would give birth at a private London hospital.

The baby, who will not be given the title of Her Royal Highness, will instead be known as Lady Windsor or possibly Mountbatten-Windsor.

Congratulation to couple ;)

Attachments

• news_sophie_rhys_jones2.jpg
    news_sophie_rhys_jones2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 1,576
Originally posted by Alexandria+Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:35 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:35 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hrhsb@Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:26 pm
Abigail Elizabeth Helen
Abigail is a beautiful suggestion.

But how about Abigail Helen Elizabeth? It rolls off the tongue a bit easier. But beautiful all around. [/b][/quote]
you copy my cousin's name!

Abigail Abby Bean

Sara Boyce

From CNN

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Britain's royal family welcomed a new member Sunday after the wife of the Earl of Wessex gave birth to a daughter during an emergency Caesarian section, Buckingham Palace announced.

Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, and her infant daughter were in stable condition after the operation, a palace spokeswoman said.

Her husband, Edward -- the queen's youngest son -- was on an official visit to Mauritius when the birth occurred. He flew home immediately and was expected at Frimley Park Hospital late Sunday.

The child, whose name has not been released, was several weeks premature. She weighed 4 pounds 9 ounces after her birth at 11:32 p.m. Saturday, the spokeswoman said.

The girl is the seventh grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II and is eighth in line for the throne.

The 38-year-old countess was admitted Saturday night to Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey, near her home, but the baby has now been transferred to the neo-natal unit of St. George's Hospital in south London as a precaution.

The countess, who suffered a potentially life-threatening ectopic pregnancy two years ago, would be staying in hospital "for the foreseeable future," the palace said.

Until she fell ill on Saturday, the pregnancy had been progressing well without complications. Royal gynecologist Marcus Setchell had expected to deliver the child early in December.

Congratulations to the entire family
Congratulations to Sophie

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the baby born on Sunday, 9 November or Saturday, 8 November?

I had read mostly Saturday evening but this last article says Sunday (early morning I suppose if Sophie was admitted into the hospital Saturday).

All these time zones, it would be confusing. But it certainly makes a difference in the little Princess (or Lady as the case may be)'s birthday.

Polfoto 09-11-2003 Father of Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Christopher Rhys-Jones, leaves Frimley Park Hospital, Camberley, Surrey, Sunday November 9 2003, where the Countess gave birth to a baby girl yesterday.

Attachments

• dad.jpg
    dad.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 401
I'm going to say Saturday.

Prince Edward has commented that he was very "shocked and delighted" at the news. He said Sophie was doing better and that she hadn't seen her daughter. He said he was rushing off to London to see his new daughter and thanked emergency teams for their help. He said that he hadn't spoken to The Queen and no name had been chosen.

Polfoto 09-11-2003 Father of Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Christopher Rhys-Jones, leaves Frimley Park Hospital, Camberley, Surrey, Sunday November 9 2003, where the Countess gave birth to a baby girl yesterday.

Attachments

• dad_a.jpg
    dad_a.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 329
Polfoto 09-11-2003 Mother of Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Mary Rhys-Jones, leaves Frimley Park Hospital, Camberley, Surrey, Sunday November 9 2003, where the Countess gave birth to a baby girl yesterday.

Attachments

• mom.jpg
    mom.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 372
Originally posted by A.C.C.@Nov 9th, 2003 - 5:21 pm
I'm going to say Saturday.

Prince Edward has commented that he was very "shocked and delighted" at the news. He said Sophie was doing better and that she hadn't seen her daughter. He said he was rushing off to London to see his new daughter and thanked emergency teams for their help. He said that he hadn't spoken to The Queen and no name had been chosen.
Thank you A.C.C. ... I can't believe Sophie hasn't seen her daughter yet, though? I thought that the always let the mom hold the baby right after birth, either immediately after birth or after cleaning the baby up a bit. Or is that a North American thing? And maybe in Sophie's case it was different because she had a C-section? But they could've at least wheeled the baby over in her basinette so Sophie could see her. :(

What Elizabeth Edwina Helen or Caroline Louise Mary??? (I think I spelled Louise wrong)

Hey, why does everybody vote for Helen? Is there some speciel reason the baby girl should be called so? Some important relative, perhaps? Helena is just one of the names I never, never liked. There are lots and lots of Helenas just of my own age and I was ever so glad, I am not one of them.
But if she will be Helen after all, I shall accept it. 

well.....thank you very much Alexandria... :p (just kidding...Helena is only my 2nd name which I use on the boards, my real name is Ghislaine)....but Princess Helena was a very nice lady....

My suggestions: Lady Alice Elizabeth Victoria, Lady Mary-Anne Elizabeth Alexandra

I love the traditional names, in fact if/when I have my own baby girl I have picked out the name Elizabeth Viktoria or Madeleine Elizabeth...but I would love to see a break with traditoial names, not all together, but throw one "odd" name in or something...maybe Emma or something popular in the UK
I would also like to point out to Sara B...(this was posted on another thread, but it dealt with the same thing), Viscount and Lady are titles, not first names, and therefore the Earl and the Countess selecting them is not the same as them announing a name!

Much as I like Helen, I don't think they'll go for that because of Lady Helen Taylor. What about Charlotte or Caroline?

Britain's Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, arrives at Frimley Park hospital in Surrey, near London, to visit his wife Sophie, Countess of Wessex, November 9, 2003. Prince Edward flew home from a state visit to Mauritius after the countess gave birth to a daughter by emergency caesarean section a month early on Saturday night. REUTERS/Hugo Philpott

Attachments

• ed.jpg
    ed.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 357
I think succession is still males first, then females.
I can't believe Sophie hasn't seen her baby yet. I bet as soon as she's semi-awake she's gonna be raising a royal ruckus to go see the wee one :)

I think the name could be something like:

Daisy or Florence or Hannah?

What do you thinks????

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Alexandra@Nov 9th, 2003 - 2:52 pm
:cry: Hey, why does everybody vote for Helen? Is there some speciel reason the baby girl should be called so? Some important relative, perhaps? Helena is just one of the names I never, never liked. There are lots and lots of Helenas just of my own age and I was ever so glad, I am not one of them.
But if she will be Helen after all, I shall accept it. :p

To all Helenas: I have nothing against you as persons! :flower:
Helen is Sophie's middle name.

its hard for Sophie to see baby! its really premature baby its should let Sophie see the baby and also Edward too! but Sophie never touch baby before! i wishes it!

Sara Boyce

Well, my mother had a c-section, and she had to make complaints to see me, but there was a woman next door who also had a c-section, and she couldn't see her child or rather, she wasn't near her child. So this might be a customary thing. But as long as both mother and daughter are doing well, I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Alexandra  Posted: Nov 9th, 2003 - 3:02 pm

tell me what 4 lbs 9 oz makes in kilos? Is it something about 2 kgs?

Pretty close. 2.07 kg.

there are 16 oz per lb, and 2.2 lbs per kg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom