Bagshot Park, Social Life and Lifestyle

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just discovered the funniest thing. I was bored, and looking up great houses and Palaces on Google maps; to see the overhead shot of their grounds and such.

I looked up Bagshot, Surrey, United Kingdom to find Bagshot Park. The images they take are usually stored and used for months if not a few years. Zoom in to Bagshot park, which is slightly north,north west of the town of bagshot... and you will notice that when google maps happened to take this picture via satelite, they happened to catch a large commercial jet as it passed just to the east of Bagshot park's grounds... lol. Pay attention to the picture and you realize that even though it seems its just a few feet from the ground, there is no shadow; so it was actually thousands of feet up but still appears to be on the ground lol.

You can even see the blue paint on the jet engines... XD Thought that was interesting. ;)

:previous:
Here's a highly cropped section of the larger image encompassing the Bagshot Park residence and the plane.
Besides the plane, another notable feature is that Bagshot Park appears to have extensive and very well-maintained grounds (2nd heavily cropped image).

Attachments

• Bagshot Park.jpg
    Bagshot Park.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 13,665
  • Bagshot Park residence.jpg
    Bagshot Park residence.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 15,861
Last edited:
^^ Very beautiful scenery, they're so lucky to live there IMO! BTW, I don't think the plane is real, that would be impossible.

That is one of the funniest pictures I've seen in a long time. Thanks for the great find!! :flowers:

Wouldn't that be "protected air space"?

Protected air space? I don't think the royals recieve that much privelige.

Certain residences may be protected airspace I imagine although I don't know this to be fact. Here in the states the White House is under protected air space and other buildings are afforded the same protection, so why not in England?

I've flown square over BP before, I would think that would be the most protected airspace. Were that priveliged had been awarded.

Administrators - if this has already been posted, please feel free to remove.

I found this website that posted the organizations 40th birthday pics at the link below. It states that the reception was hosted by Sophie at Bagshot Park. I think these are the first interior photos I have seen. Enjoy!

http://www.transformhousing.org.uk/gallery/40th-birthday-reception-hrh-countess-wessex-gcvo
:previous:
Thanks Lady Karen :flowers:
Great pictures and what we can see of the interior and love elegant and classic outfit of Sophie :) :rose:

Administrators - if this has already been posted, please feel free to remove.

I found this website that posted the organizations 40th birthday pics at the link below. It states that the reception was hosted by Sophie at Bagshot Park. I think these are the first interior photos I have seen. Enjoy!

http://www.transformhousing.org.uk/gallery/40th-birthday-reception-hrh-countess-wessex-gcvo

Thank's for posting this, I've always wondered what Bagshot was like on the inside.

Thank you for sharing those, Lady Karen. :flowers:
I've never seen the inside of Bagshot Park either; those wood panels are really beautiful.

Thank you for the photos for Bagshot Park, Lady Karen :flowers:. It looks like a beautiful home, and Sophie's black dress was absolutely lovely. The nook with the tall windows would be my favorite spot for reading. Looks very cozy.

Nice looking place....from the little you can see in those pictures.

Thank you for the photos for Bagshot Park, Lady Karen :flowers:. It looks like a beautiful home, and Sophie's black dress was absolutely lovely. The nook with the tall windows would be my favorite spot for reading. Looks very cozy.

Same here. I would be in heaven. Wow, what a gorgeous house- reminds me of a mediaeval castle. Perfect for an Earl and Countess. And Sophie looks stunning.

I've found this two photos of Bagshot Park interior:

7kdi.jpg

d42bccea913d39a

Great photos thanks love the panelling gorgeous

Lovely, especially the second one.

hi i dont no if i am in the right place or not. i have been trying to find out if i can lay some flowers at the gates of the house. my father was stationed there many years ago. when he became ill all he wanted to do was to go back to the area for a visit. sadly he never made it. can anybody help on this matter. please x

I'd write to the Earl & Countess if I were you.. explaining your request, and the reason behind it- they are certain to respond sympathetically..

myfather, given the security situation nowadays you'd certainly need permission. Also, flowers rot and have to be removed and, if wrapped in plastic, are pollutants.

I'm sure your dad would appreciate it much more knowing that you visited and remembered him.

I happened upon this photographic print of the original floor plan of Bagshot Park as it was constructed for the Duke of Connaught in 1879. It has been renovated a number of times since then, including before the Wessexes moved into the house in 1999, so is undoubtedly considerably changed, but I thought people might be interested to see how it was originally laid out. https://www.mediastorehouse.com/fin...-22426416.html?prodid=7287&opt=0&cid=20674980

Some of the labeling on the smaller servants' rooms is too blurry to read, but I found it interesting that it had a Still Room across from the Kitchen. In the late 19th century, a Still Room would have been used for brewing coffees and teas and making things like jams and preserves, but they were originally used in medieval times for the concoction of both alcoholic spirits and medicines.

Back
Top Bottom