York Family News and Pictures 2: Sep 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
UK_zps6c589394.png

Arms of The British Royal Family

Welcome to The York Family's
News and Picture Thread, Part Two

Commencing September 14, 2015

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

As i cannot quote some posts who referred to my comments on the old thread, I would like to say something here.
I think I might be misunderstood. By no means, I wanted to say that "the little people" shouldn't have a career in the cinema or theatre on in every possible art path. What I meant is that I wuould be offended if someone piad me of perfoming the dwarf at his/her birthday party just because of my body. That' all. Being an actor, performer is another thing IMO, but entertaining one's private party with the theme of Snowhite to play the part of a dwarf would be insulting...

I don't kno why, but I got really angry about this matter of the Yorks's party...

I can understand where you're coming from on this but to me, I think if anyone one of those people thought that being hired to play Snow White's dwarves was in any way demeaning and/or insulting to them, they could very easily have refused to take the gig. Some people hire clowns for a party. These people were hired to play roles that only little people can successfully play. They were well paid and probably had a blast at the party too.

There are many actors and actresses that have certain traits or handicaps and use them to their advantage. Here in the States, there are even reality shows centered on lives of little people. The most famous of all little people in the entertainment business has to be the Munchkins from the Wizard of Oz. I've seen quite a few people with Down's Syndrome have successful careers in show business and Michael J. Fox has used the entertainment media to draw more attention to Parkinson's disease over time. Sometimes we're dealt with things in life that we can't change and the courage and ability to turn what could be a disadvantage into an advantage and makes the most out of it, to me, takes courage and character.

Oh my, they certainly picked some prime pictures of the Yorks to put in the gallery. I do not understand how Sarah can look so very nice on some occasions and then look like the 1000 year old woman on others. It is a puzzle???

No Sarah doesn't look good. It's the makeup or lack of it. The faces she pulls don't help either. I thought Beatrice was back in New York? Guess she got some more time off she was just in the UK a week or so ago.

The pictures of Sarah were horrible. I think they printed the worst ones they could find. :ermm:

The pictures of Sarah were horrible. I think they printed the worst ones they could find. :ermm:
They usually do - and the same for Beatrice. They can take tens of shots of them looking just fine, but always dig until they find the one or two where they're in the middle of speaking or laughing and their eyes or mouths are a little wider open than usual and those are the ones they use.:bang:

I couldn't help noticing that both Sarah and Beatrice were clutching their cell phones. Were they going to interrupt a conversation to answer that phone or read a text? If not then tuck the phone into a clutch or pocket.

Several people were holding their mobile phones.

They may have been exchanging info or they may have received the phones during the event. It could be a new product that was being showcased or a new app.

15 budding business people made pitches to a gathering of investors in the hope of drumming up support and making vital connections.

Last edited:
:previous:

I’m not sure why Sarah, Beatrice, and Eugenie are posing for paparazzi like this is a red carpet event. Pretty tacky. At least Cressida, Jack Brooksbank, Jake Warren, James Meade, Lady Laura Meade, and Sophie Carter showed decorum.

Also, I wonder if Sarah and Manuel Fernandez have split. They haven’t been pictured together since September at Bob Geldof’s wedding. Before that they were attached at the hip and now nothing.

:previous:
I’m not sure why Sarah, Beatrice, and Eugenie are posing for paparazzi like this is a red carpet event. Pretty tacky. .

Photos can be deceiving... Or maybe they were asked... Or maybe it was for a photo album for his mother or for another reason...and the DM only published a few of the people who posed.
It was a memorial service not a funeral.

The York family were not the ones.

Annabel Goldsmith
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016...t_the_memorial_service-a-24_1454693171201.jpg

Philanthropist Sir Victor Blank, the former Chairman of Lloyds TSB, and his wife Lady Blank
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016...e_former_Chairman_of_L-a-23_1454693171146.jpg

Peter de Savary and his wife Lana
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016...ana_were_among_the_hig-a-18_1454693171010.jpg

Chairman of The Football Association Greg Dyke (left) and former football executive David Dein (centre)
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016...Dyke_left_and_former_f-a-12_1454693170690.jpg

Composer Andrew Lloyd Webber and his family
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016...y_were_among_those_who-a-10_1454693170591.jpg

Former chairman of the BBC Michael Grade
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016..._chairman_of_the_BBC_M-a-11_1454693170674.jpg

PR man Alastair Campbell and his partner, journalist Fiona Millar
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016..._Alastair_Campbell_and-a-14_1454693170841.jpg

Ben Elliot and his wife Mary-Clare Winwood
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016...rnwall_and_his_wife_Ma-a-21_1454693171056.jpg

Memorial for David Frost's son Miles attended by royals and celebrities | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
The other people I named didn't pose. I stand by my statement that it's tacky. I don't care if it's a funeral or a wedding or a memorial service, performing for the paparazzi is a bad look. That kind of stuff should be left for commercial events, definitely not religious ceremonies.

Last edited:
It is possible the DM just did not publish those pictures.

Indeed. That's why I went to getty images to double check. They didn't pose. Neither did Liam Neeson. He actually ducked his head to take away their money shot.

Let’s be real. Do you think if The Daily Mail had access to pictures of Liam Neeson and Cressida Bonas grinning and posing for the paps outside a memorial service that they would just decide not to publish them? Not only would they publish them they would probably be the heading pictures. Notice Cressida got first showing in the article and she didn’t pose.

I hope Beatrice and Eugenie noticed that their friends and boyfriend behaved much differently, so in the future they second guess following their mother’s lead. I don’t have much hope for Sarah. I remember her grinning at the paps at QEQM’s funeral, and at Margaret Thatcher’s funeral. Sarah is always going to march to the beat of her own drum, proper or not.

Last edited:
You've gotta love Andrew and Sarah. They'll always keep the papers guessing with their closeness. It's adorable.

But if they do want to remarry, they'll have to work fast because IMHO the window of opportunity seems to exist only between the passing of the DoE and the passing of HM. The DoE wants nothing to do with Sarah, and the PoW wants nothing to do with either Andrew or Sarah.

But if they do want to remarry, they'll have to work fast because IMHO the window of opportunity seems to exist only between the passing of the DoE and the passing of HM. The DoE wants nothing to do with Sarah, and the PoW wants nothing to do with either Andrew or Sarah.

The PoW won't care at that point- once HM is gone and Charles is King, Andrew's role in the royal family will be diminished enough for him to do what he wants.

The PoW won't care at that point- once HM is gone and Charles is King, Andrew's role in the royal family will be diminished enough for him to do what he wants.

I would tend to disagree - I think Charles would want to keep his brief reign as controversy-free as possible and would definitely not want his siblings and other members of the family to rock the boat.

Andrew won't need permission to marry once Kate has a third child, or Harry has a legitimate child after a wedding with permission, as he would then be 7th in line (he could marry now but without permission he would lose his position in the line of succession) and under the Succession to the Crown Act only the first six in the line of succession need permission.

Why do people think Charles' reign will be short? It won't be 60+ years of course but there is no reason to assume that he won't live to at least close to the age of his mother and that means a reign of around 20 years.

Frankly, I've been betting all along that the PoW predeceases his mother. Of course I have no evidence, but he just seems too high strung to live into old age. But whether he goes first or his mother goes first, DoY then bumps up one notch to 5th and it would take two new children to knock him down to 7th.

Don't think Charles care if the York's remarry. Charles can't pass judgment even if he wanted to.

I think it's all down to what Andrew and Sarah want to do. Who knows, they may just leave things as they are or decide to give it the old college try again. They're not getting any younger and they have remained devoted to one another no matter what.

Frankly, I've been betting all along that the PoW predeceases his mother. Of course I have no evidence, but he just seems too high strung to live into old age. But whether he goes first or his mother goes first, DoY then bumps up one notch to 5th and it would take two new children to knock him down to 7th.

If he has already married before that happens - and it is more than likely that he will be bumped to 7th before either his mother or brother dies (and I don't see Charles dying before his mother for the simple reason that I would hate to see that lady having to go to her own first born child's funeral - especially as she will likely have to go to her husband's before she leaves us as well) in which case he can marry. If he then moves back to 5th/6th it won't mean that he isn't married anymore because it was originally done without permission.

With this being "the happiest divorce in the world", I seriously doubt they will ever remarry and they will continue on with the way things are now. Its what works for them. They're together because they want to be and not because they have to be and when they want to be. In fact, I'd go as far as to state that their divorce is much happier than a lot of marriages. :D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I agree. I don't want to speculate, but I really think their relationship works well for them this way. I think Andrew and Sarah could also be a couple better off without the "constraint" of a marriage, especially a royal marriage. I don't know, but I have thought many times that they keep dating each other without fuss and the prospect of marrying again. Maybe I'm wrong, but if it so , I don't see the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom