York Family News and Pictures 2: Sep 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't fault the Beckhams for taking up on an invitation to BP to do something special for the little cutie, if that's what happened. The resulting blame-game is making it all worse.

I personally thought that Angelina Jolie and her son taking a private evening tour of Buckingham Palace (about 2-3 months ago) was way more offensive.

I don't fault the Beckhams for taking up on an invitation to BP to do something special for the little cutie, if that's what happened. The resulting blame-game is making it all worse.

I personally thought that Angelina Jolie and her son taking a private evening tour of Buckingham Palace (about 2-3 months ago) was way more offensive.

IMO Angelina Jolie who is the mother of six, an Oscar winner, a director and actress and an Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations… and an humanitarian and now an Honorary Dame by HM is more of the stuff that HM seems to care about then a football player and his wife who are clearly social climbers and from viewing their pictures (as that is all we have) are nothing but people who think that their money will buy them entrance to BP. IMO all these 2 people are after is status and wealth and think that HM is their new best friend though Prince Andrew and Sarah....I sure hope not for then the republicans will be out in full force trying to displace HM and the entire family.

The difference between Angelina and David is not who is the better person. The difference is the type of visit

Private tour of the public part if the palace va private event

Angelina had a private tour if the palace. Of state rooms and public spaces. The part of the palace that is a public building.

The Beckhams on the other hand were guests in private apartments.

What the critics seem to forget is the palace is also a residence for members of the royal family. Not just the queen. Including Andrew. He didn't invite them to have a tea party in the state banquet room. Or anything else related to his mother or being a sovereign. It was in his private apartments.

Royals do this alll the time. They do have private lives. If Camilla and Charles had a dinner party at Clarence House would people complain? If Kate and Will had a party for three friends at Kensington no one would blink. Meghan stays with Harry and no one complains.

The only difference is it is the Yorks. Any reason to dirty them is taken.

Royals do this alll the time. They do have private lives. If Camilla and Charles had a dinner party at Clarence House would people complain? If Kate and Will had a party for three friends at Kensington no one would blink. Meghan stays with Harry and no one complains.

The only difference is it is the Yorks. Any reason to dirty them is taken.

I wonder why. Of course royals have private lives but with the Yorks, very often personal benefit or at least something dodgy is involved/behind the motivation.

Let's not forget what has happened to London the last couple of months. So many young people killed or their parents have died. Homeless with nothing and the Yorks throw a princess experience party for a privileged 6 year old
Extremely bad taste at the very least no matter who did it

:previous: I most definitely agree. Its one thing to invite your friends over to a dinner party or tea in your royal apartments at BP like the Yorks did as that has happened many, many times. It was extremely bad taste and poor form to not set parameters with the guests as what is allowed and what is not allowed and to request that the party be strictly treated as a private matter and the general rule for *everybody* is that no pictures are allowed to be taken while in BP. Andrew, above all, should have known better.

It also reflected badly on the Beckhams' part not only to post the pictures and allude to things that caused quite a bit of backlash, but it also reflects these parents as blatantly using their child to garner popularity and admiration from the general masses. It was a "look at what *WE* can do and you can't" kind of a move with a whole lot of name dropping to boot.

None involved in this fiasco (excepting the six year olds) showed any kind of class whatsoever. These are people that wonder why the press has a field day with them. :whistling:

Let's not forget what has happened to London the last couple of months. So many young people killed or their parents have died. Homeless with nothing and the Yorks throw a princess experience party for a privileged 6 year old
Extremely bad taste at the very least no matter who did it

So I have major issues with the situation. Like I think it's completely out of line that Sarah has basically sold her ex-husbands home and her daughter for the Beckhams.

However, I disagree that you can compare the goings on in London with somebody having a birthday party. All that had to happen is for nobody to post pictures. Then nobody would know. Harper Beckham can have a birthday party, a princess experience one because she's allowed. You cannot blame Harper for her parents and who she was born to. It's like attacking Eugenie for Sarah's mistakes. Shouldn't happen.

Whilst this situation is a huge failure on the PR part, live goes on. Atrocities happen, if you're going to say the above then you might as well say that the State Visit shouldn't happen because look at all those ladies in tiaras.

It's like attacking Eugenie for Sarah's mistakes. Shouldn't happen.

But shouldn't Eugenie realize that it is a major mistake to take part in these things?

It's been said that Fergie and Andrew never learn, but Eugenie ought to know better after all the blunders her parents have made in the past.

York's can never win. This story reminded me of Beatrice and Ed Sheeran last year and everything that was done about it, and it was not even that.
So the parts we do not know make a lot of difference, about what really happened.

I think it's my first comment, sorry my English.

But shouldn't Eugenie realize that it is a major mistake to take part in these things?

It's been said that Fergie and Andrew never learn, but Eugenie ought to know better after all the blunders her parents have made in the past.

I was genuinely referring to things that have happened previously. But whilst to some extent I agree for me it depends on what the situation Eugenie walked into. It could have been "there's a real princess coming to your party", like would you really turn a kid down? Or was she told the whole situation and how it came about, and still went?

The whole issue has stemmed from the fact someone released pictures of put them on social media. Can anyone tell me where they came from? Was it one of the beckhams accounts?

I was genuinely referring to things that have happened previously. But whilst to some extent I agree for me it depends on what the situation Eugenie walked into. It could have been "there's a real princess coming to your party", like would you really turn a kid down? Or was she told the whole situation and how it came about, and still went?

The whole issue has stemmed from the fact someone released pictures of put them on social media. Can anyone tell me where they came from? Was it one of the beckhams accounts?

Yes Beckham posted 2 pictures and then another one with some explaining to do (I guess someone 'asked' him to clarify).

So I have major issues with the situation. Like I think it's completely out of line that Sarah has basically sold her ex-husbands home and her daughter for the Beckhams.

However, I disagree that you can compare the goings on in London with somebody having a birthday party. All that had to happen is for nobody to post pictures. Then nobody would know. Harper Beckham can have a birthday party, a princess experience one because she's allowed. You cannot blame Harper for her parents and who she was born to. It's like attacking Eugenie for Sarah's mistakes. Shouldn't happen.

Whilst this situation is a huge failure on the PR part, live goes on. Atrocities happen, if you're going to say the above then you might as well say that the State Visit shouldn't happen because look at all those ladies in tiaras.

State visits are for political reasons we all know that ..can't be compared to the birthday party

State visits are for political reasons we all know that ..can't be compared to the birthday party

It can. As for a political visit you certainly don't need a gigantic banquet, horse guards on parade and the full pomp and ceremony. Felipe can turn up, meet The Queen, speak in parliament and go home. We have the pomp for tradition. Therefore if you're going to say a kid can't have a birthday party because people have died, what about the other celebrations going on in the world? We've got to carry on.

Really I never said a child can't have a birthday party that is just twisting my words for the sake of it. You can see the difference. But anyway I'm out of Internet next few days so you can twist away

Maybe I'm dense but I'm not understanding what all the fuss is about. :whistling:

York Family News and Pictures 2: September 2015

I have to say; I do think that the whole birthday location was a bit extravagant. I'm sure Harper wouldn't have cared less if she had gone to a local hall or had the party at home - as long as there's some fun games, a bouncy castle and face painting, young children generally aren't really fussed about where they have their birthdays.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the Yorks should be "blamed/attacked" for this though, because we don't even know if they are 'responsible' for letting the Beckhams host Harper's birthday at the palace.

They are responsible. The party was held in Andrew's private apartments at BP and at the York family invitation and the refreshments paid for by Andrew.

There is no other way they could have had the party at BP otherwise. It is never for rent to private parties.

The party was in the 'private' apartments. The issue isn't with the royals having a private birthday party for their friends but that the friends happen to be the Beckhams - who are loathed by so many people - and the fact that it was the Yorks who hosted the party - and they are loathed by even more of the people.

If this had been Anne hosting them in her private apartment there, or Edward, then it wouldn't be garnering anywhere near the animosity.

The second issue is the releasing of the photos. Most of the royals have private events in their private apartments which they pay for themselves but the visitors don't advertise the facts by posting photos of the event everywhere - that was tacky by the Beckhams and only adds to the dislike of this family and the York's.

What I can see happening is a ban on the royal family having such private events with friends inside BP or KP or CH due to this - which would be unfortunate but could easily be the fall-out.

Might have been better all around if Andrew had insisted on the party being held at Royal Lodge instead of BP. Royal Lodge seemed to be good enough for his daughters' birthday parties. I just don't think the Yorks thought this thing through much. They probably also never figured that the Beckhams would go so public with the photos either.

It'll be a mistake that's never repeated again. That's for sure. :D

The party was in the 'private' apartments. The issue isn't with the royals having a private birthday party for their friends but that the friends happen to be the Beckhams - who are loathed by so many people - and the fact that it was the Yorks who hosted the party - and they are loathed by even more of the people.

Exactly. I found a funny caption this! today:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/07/14/10/4253B3BF00000578-4695842-image-a-17_1500025987522.jpg
Philip muttering - 'Now, can somebody check those bloody Beckham haven't sneaked back in!'

They are responsible. The party was held in Andrew's private apartments at BP and at the York family invitation and the refreshments paid for by Andrew.

There is no other way they could have had the party at BP otherwise. It is never for rent to private parties.

It seems that I missed that part of the report. I edited that particular part of my post.

The good times just continue, for these two!

I saw the pictures, and he doesn't seem to be enjoying himself. But, his default expression is somewhat stern, so what do I know.

Last edited:
I saw the pictures, and he doesn't seem to be enjoying himself. But, his default expression is somewhat stern, so what do I know.

I wonder if he's just lonely, and that's why he puts up with Fergie?

I know he once proposed marriage to another woman after the divorce, but she turned him down.
And unlike Charles, he doesn't seem to have a close circle of friends.

Andrew and Sarah has always been soulmates. They don't move on because they want to be together. Even the late Queen Mother knew that.

The only time I think Andrew is lonely is when he's on official engagements and tours. It's lonely doing all that work on your own and for so many years.

I wonder if he's just lonely, and that's why he puts up with Fergie?

I know he once proposed marriage to another woman after the divorce, but she turned him down.
And unlike Charles, he doesn't seem to have a close circle of friends.

I've always admired Prince Andrew, ever since the Falklands conflict.

I'm his age. I saw him in the paper, with that rose when he came back from the South Atlantic. All I cared about at the time was ....what any empty-headed young person cared about --- the weekend.

Still, he registered. He was so handsome. Google "Prince Andrew Young". He was quite that cat's meow.

Nowadays, I still admire him. I like his fortitude, I like his ..royal aplomb, if that's the term. HRH The Princess Margaret is deceased, so someone has to carry the trident.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom