York Family News and Pictures 2: Sep 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Mark Phillips also offered some kind of a title also at the time of his marriage to the Princess Royal?

I agree its not unheard of but we do have to remember that the York girls are granddaughters of the Queen. Perhaps it would be a way to ensure that any children of Beatrice and Eugenie don't fade away into the land of "Mr. and Miss" but would remain part of the aristocracy.

Time will tell.

If Andrew wants his future son in laws to have a title, then B & E need to marry one not hope that Uncle Charles or Granny makes them one.

The Queen already has 3 great grandchildren who are just Miss Tindall and Miss Philips with another on the way. Peter and Zara's kids have no title and if Mark did accept that earldom, Zara kids wouldn't have a title and Isla and Savannah would be Honorable Miss until Mark died, Peter inherits a title that would be extinct after him since he has just sisters and daughters. Would Lady Savannah and Lady Isla have a huge social advantage over Miss Mia Tindall and her sibling? No.

Sarah Chatto is the granddaughter of King George VI. Her kids have no title. All the Kents and Gloucesters who are not directly in line for the Dukedom will have no titles in time.

Eh, I always think people are better off with a title. (Especially if they don't have to do charitable work to justify them).

But if the York girls feel that way, they'd better hurry up and marry!
I don't see Charles giving Andrew anything he wants!

To be honest, after all the years and the not so honorable messes that Andrew has gotten himself into either willingly or unwillingly, I don't see Charles giving him an inch either. Charles takes his duties and responsibilities far too seriously to just pacify a younger brother's whims.

I also think that Charles is going to be very involved and very particular when it comes to handing out any kind of honors and accolades too. After all these years as Prince of Wales and getting involved in all aspects of just about anything he puts his name on, I don't see Charles as being anyone's "yes" man but will listen to opinions from all quarters before making a decision. On titles and orders and such for his own family, he'll do what he believes is right.

If Andrew wants his future son in laws to have a title, then B & E need to marry one not hope that Uncle Charles or Granny makes them one.

The Queen already has 3 great grandchildren who are just Miss Tindall and Miss Philips with another on the way. Peter and Zara's kids have no title and if Mark did accept that earldom, Zara kids wouldn't have a title and Isla and Savannah would be Honorable Miss until Mark died, Peter inherits a title that would be extinct after him since he has just sisters and daughters. Would Lady Savannah and Lady Isla have a huge social advantage over Miss Mia Tindall and her sibling? No.

Sarah Chatto is the granddaughter of King George VI. Her kids have no title. All the Kents and Gloucesters who are not directly in line for the Dukedom will have no titles in time.
because princess anne refused that her children have title and that's her own choice and that also should be princess eugenie and beatrice choice if they won't a title for their spouse and children or not, because their aunt choose that she didn't wont it dosen't mean that they should be denied the choice that she had

because princess anne refused that her children have title and that's her own choice and that also should be princess eugenie and beatrice choice if they won't a title for their spouse and children or not, because their aunt choose that she didn't wont it dosen't mean that they should be denied the choice that she had

I think the big difference will be that Anne was the daughter of the monarch and Beatrice and Eugenie are granddaughters of the monarch and if left until Charles is King, they'll be nieces of the monarch.

The Queen didn't offer any kind of a title to Mike Tindall when Zara married and other than not having a title, Zara shares the same relationship with HM as Beatrice and Eugenie do.

I think the big difference will be that Anne was the daughter of the monarch and Beatrice and Eugenie are granddaughters of the monarch and if left until Charles is King, they'll be nieces of the monarch.

The Queen didn't offer any kind of a title to Mike Tindall when Zara married and other than not having a title, Zara shares the same relationship with HM as Beatrice and Eugenie do.

but like u said zara isn't a princess like Beatrice and Eugenie and they are like princess alexandra granddaughters of a monarch and princess alexandra wasn't even offered the earldom by her grandfather or uncle but by her cousin .

From what I've been reading so far though, its Andrew that's making all the noise. We have absolutely no idea if either Beatrice or Eugenie and the men that they marry will even want a title when the time comes.

Its just my opinion but I do think that Andrew is a bit on the pompous side.

Mine is pure speculation, but I think that only Beatrice of the two girls, actually care for a title.... I don't see Eugenie and her boyfreind for that matter making any tantrum about it... All in all, I agree that it is maybe Andrew who is dipleased with it...

i think it sounds a bit odd in this day and age, and how do we know it's true, anyway, since it comes from an unnamed source.

There is no knowing even Andrew is making a fuss:bang:

The media likes to make scapegoats. No reporter knows private conversations. They are covering their asses. If Eugenie and her husband get a titles when she married one day, the press 'oh look we were right, whiny Andy got his way.' Or if wrong 'Charles put down his foot.' Either way Andrew and his daughters come out looking bad.

I think will come down to what their future role is. If they are even part time royals, I see their husbands offered a title. If they get pushed out all together, which makes little sense, then their kids will be like the Philippe kids, and no need for a title. As for Snowden, there is no saying it will go extinct. Would not be the first time a holder petitioned for a daughter to inherit, Louis Mountbatten for instance. It is possible Peter could ask for it to be done for his daughters.

There is no knowing even Andrew is making a fuss:bang:

The media likes to make scapegoats. No reporter knows private conversations. They are covering their asses. If Eugenie and her husband get a titles when she married one day, the press 'oh look we were right, whiny Andy got his way.' Or if wrong 'Charles put down his foot.' Either way Andrew and his daughters come out looking bad.

I think will come down to what their future role is. If they are even part time royals, I see their husbands offered a title. If they get pushed out all together, which makes little sense, then their kids will be like the Philippe kids, and no need for a title. As for Snowden, there is no saying it will go extinct. Would not be the first time a holder petitioned for a daughter to inherit, Louis Mountbatten for instance. It is possible Peter could ask for it to be done for his daughters.

why would the current earl of Snowdon petitioned for a daughter to inherit he has a hier who is David Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley the son of princess margaret who also have a heir who is the Honourable Charles Armstrong-Jones .

I think that would be a typo. I believe the poster is talking about if Mark Philips took an Earldom when he married Anne. The Earldom would stop after Peter since there are no other sons of Mark and Peter just has 2 girls. The often cited Mountbatten Earldom only allows for the Earl's daughters to inherit after that is goes to males. A female granddaughter could not inherit.

Is it just me, or does Fergie out and out asking for relief from the press for her daughters sound odd? Perhaps she's decided to take a page from Prince Harry's statement defending his girlfriend? It just feels like one of the York parents again trying to wave the spotlight over to their daughters. I wish I could find video of her making those remarks, in order to see what expressions Bea and Eug had as she said that (if they were next to her at that moment).

Good for Andrew to set the record straight.

What an odd (and poorly edited) statement. Should we expect the RF to put out statements for every rumor now?

Is it just me, or does Fergie out and out asking for relief from the press for her daughters sound odd? Perhaps she's decided to take a page from Prince Harry's statement defending his girlfriend? It just feels like one of the York parents again trying to wave the spotlight over to their daughters. I wish I could find video of her making those remarks, in order to see what expressions Bea and Eug had as she said that (if they were next to her at that moment).

Agree! Just seems like Sarah doing her usual thing ..... look at me, look at me (my daughters). She needs to go into retirement.:whistling: IMHO.

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/807282578009030657

Frankly this adds fuel to the fire. Not only does it contain numerous typos, but these rumours have been going around for years and he supposedly chooses now to release a statement quashing the rumours. It's silly, and slightly attention seeking. I'm surprised The Queen allowed this.

Agree! Just seems like Sarah doing her usual thing ..... look at me, look at me (my daughters). She needs to go into retirement.:whistling: IMHO.

I must say, it seems the Princesses have taken a page more from their grandmother than their parents when it comes to commenting on anything other than the focus of the event to which they were invited. Kudos to them for knowing when to keep their mouths shut. But I can't help being curious if they feel that their parents runaway comments are merited...or embarassing.

Typical Sarah, from the article:
"On Friday, Sarah said: 'Both the Duke and myself, we could not be more proud of this moment because these are two girls that work so hard in their own careers, have taken time off today to spread the word of teen cancer, which is so important, and then go back to work.'"
She goes on to brag about what great parents her daughters had, true or not, it's tacky for her to brag about herself like that.
Then she purports to speak for Andrew - the man can speak for himself & doesn't need his ex throwing his name into the mix.
Finally she makes ridiculous statements that these girls have 'worked so hard' on their careers and they took time off from work to attend, while probably true about Eugenie, it's obvious that Beatrice has made a career of flitting about, job to job with lengthy unemployed stints between employment, frequently visiting foreign destinations, in just the past month she's been documented in New York with her mother and the mid east 'unofficially' with her father. Sarah's just adding fuel to the fire w/ her easily disproved claims about Beatrice.
I sometimes wonder if Sarah believes if you repeat a lie often enough people will forget the truth.

No mention of the engagement rumors surrounding Euegine.

Glad he's setting the record straight though.

Wow, I thought Sarah's lawsuit for £25million over the fake sheikh was an embraasment... Now we are right back on top toe sucking form. It defies believe (and makes a mockery of charity work) for beatrice and eugenie to turn up at an event launching them as patrons of a charity and for their mother to turn it into an event all about them. How wonderful are her daughters, how wonderful she and Andrew are as parents, look at us the perfect royals. Well I'm sorry but this is cheap pr stunt, where was the talk about what the girls wanted to achieve as patrons, where was the hard hitting fact based speech highlighting why cancer for teenagers is so terrible and what this chairty does to help them? Oh wait, let's be honest this wasn't about charity this was about the girls getting points for turning up and their mother having a dig at the media in what amounted to her own personal press conference. I'd love to have heard Prince Philip's reaction to this... Honestly the best thing the York's could do it to find a way to keep Sarah from doing anything like this again. As for the statement from Andrew, its so poorly written i can only imagine he wrote it in a huff and sent it out, possibly without consulting the BP communication dept.

"Building their careers" as "modern werking Royals". Did BP really authorise this nonsense?

I'm so over this family. They can't stop reminding us all that they are princess's and how wonderful they are. They do some work for charity we should be so thankful !!
Why does anyone even bother with Fergie ? Is Anne's first husband in the news giving statements etc etc ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom