The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-08-2016, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

There is no knowing even Andrew is making a fuss

The media likes to make scapegoats. No reporter knows private conversations. They are covering their asses. If Eugenie and her husband get a titles when she married one day, the press 'oh look we were right, whiny Andy got his way.' Or if wrong 'Charles put down his foot.' Either way Andrew and his daughters come out looking bad.

I think will come down to what their future role is. If they are even part time royals, I see their husbands offered a title. If they get pushed out all together, which makes little sense, then their kids will be like the Philippe kids, and no need for a title. As for Snowden, there is no saying it will go extinct. Would not be the first time a holder petitioned for a daughter to inherit, Louis Mountbatten for instance. It is possible Peter could ask for it to be done for his daughters.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
There is no knowing even Andrew is making a fuss

The media likes to make scapegoats. No reporter knows private conversations. They are covering their asses. If Eugenie and her husband get a titles when she married one day, the press 'oh look we were right, whiny Andy got his way.' Or if wrong 'Charles put down his foot.' Either way Andrew and his daughters come out looking bad.

I think will come down to what their future role is. If they are even part time royals, I see their husbands offered a title. If they get pushed out all together, which makes little sense, then their kids will be like the Philippe kids, and no need for a title. As for Snowden, there is no saying it will go extinct. Would not be the first time a holder petitioned for a daughter to inherit, Louis Mountbatten for instance. It is possible Peter could ask for it to be done for his daughters.
why would the current earl of Snowdon petitioned for a daughter to inherit he has a hier who is David Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley the son of princess margaret who also have a heir who is the Honourable Charles Armstrong-Jones .

Old 12-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that would be a typo. I believe the poster is talking about if Mark Philips took an Earldom when he married Anne. The Earldom would stop after Peter since there are no other sons of Mark and Peter just has 2 girls. The often cited Mountbatten Earldom only allows for the Earl's daughters to inherit after that is goes to males. A female granddaughter could not inherit.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:39 AM
Royal Highness

‏@TeenageCancer Lots of festive decoration making @uclh this morning with our Patrons @SarahTheDuchess, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie
https://twitter.com/TeenageCancer/st...91790243770368
Old 12-09-2016, 07:44 AM
Royal Highness

@TeenageCancer
"We're ready!" Great to hear from our enthusiastic Patrons about working to support young with cancer
https://twitter.com/TeenageCancer/st...84271496609792

@TeenageCancer 1h1 hour ago
We're very excited to welcome our Patrons @sarahtheduchess, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie to meet young people on our unit at UCH!
https://twitter.com/TeenageCancer/st...82752520998912

**Pic**
Old 12-09-2016, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Here are some more pics:

** standard: Duchess of York in plea to 'stop bullying Beatrice and Eugenie' during Teenage Cancer Trust visit **

** dailymail: Where’s your ring Eugenie? Princess steps out without her rumoured engagement band as she joins sister Beatrice and mother Sarah.. **
Old 12-09-2016, 12:34 PM
Courtier

Is it just me, or does Fergie out and out asking for relief from the press for her daughters sound odd? Perhaps she's decided to take a page from Prince Harry's statement defending his girlfriend? It just feels like one of the York parents again trying to wave the spotlight over to their daughters. I wish I could find video of her making those remarks, in order to see what expressions Bea and Eug had as she said that (if they were next to her at that moment).
Old 12-09-2016, 12:34 PM
Majesty

Prince Andrew rubbishes claims he asked for future husbands of Bea and Eug to have titles and says there is no 'split' whatsoever between him and Charles

Statement:

Ow.ly - AY.pdf uploaded by @TheDukeOfYork (The Duke of York)
Old 12-09-2016, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Good for Andrew to set the record straight.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:49 PM
Aristocracy

What an odd (and poorly edited) statement. Should we expect the RF to put out statements for every rumor now?
Old 12-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
Is it just me, or does Fergie out and out asking for relief from the press for her daughters sound odd? Perhaps she's decided to take a page from Prince Harry's statement defending his girlfriend? It just feels like one of the York parents again trying to wave the spotlight over to their daughters. I wish I could find video of her making those remarks, in order to see what expressions Bea and Eug had as she said that (if they were next to her at that moment).
Agree! Just seems like Sarah doing her usual thing ..... look at me, look at me (my daughters). She needs to go into retirement. IMHO.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/stat...82578009030657

Frankly this adds fuel to the fire. Not only does it contain numerous typos, but these rumours have been going around for years and he supposedly chooses now to release a statement quashing the rumours. It's silly, and slightly attention seeking. I'm surprised The Queen allowed this.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Agree! Just seems like Sarah doing her usual thing ..... look at me, look at me (my daughters). She needs to go into retirement. IMHO.
I must say, it seems the Princesses have taken a page more from their grandmother than their parents when it comes to commenting on anything other than the focus of the event to which they were invited. Kudos to them for knowing when to keep their mouths shut. But I can't help being curious if they feel that their parents runaway comments are merited...or embarassing.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Serene Highness

Typical Sarah, from the article:
"On Friday, Sarah said: 'Both the Duke and myself, we could not be more proud of this moment because these are two girls that work so hard in their own careers, have taken time off today to spread the word of teen cancer, which is so important, and then go back to work.'"
She goes on to brag about what great parents her daughters had, true or not, it's tacky for her to brag about herself like that.
Then she purports to speak for Andrew - the man can speak for himself & doesn't need his ex throwing his name into the mix.
Finally she makes ridiculous statements that these girls have 'worked so hard' on their careers and they took time off from work to attend, while probably true about Eugenie, it's obvious that Beatrice has made a career of flitting about, job to job with lengthy unemployed stints between employment, frequently visiting foreign destinations, in just the past month she's been documented in New York with her mother and the mid east 'unofficially' with her father. Sarah's just adding fuel to the fire w/ her easily disproved claims about Beatrice.
I sometimes wonder if Sarah believes if you repeat a lie often enough people will forget the truth.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

No mention of the engagement rumors surrounding Euegine.

Glad he's setting the record straight though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, I thought Sarah's lawsuit for £25million over the fake sheikh was an embraasment... Now we are right back on top toe sucking form. It defies believe (and makes a mockery of charity work) for beatrice and eugenie to turn up at an event launching them as patrons of a charity and for their mother to turn it into an event all about them. How wonderful are her daughters, how wonderful she and Andrew are as parents, look at us the perfect royals. Well I'm sorry but this is cheap pr stunt, where was the talk about what the girls wanted to achieve as patrons, where was the hard hitting fact based speech highlighting why cancer for teenagers is so terrible and what this chairty does to help them? Oh wait, let's be honest this wasn't about charity this was about the girls getting points for turning up and their mother having a dig at the media in what amounted to her own personal press conference. I'd love to have heard Prince Philip's reaction to this... Honestly the best thing the York's could do it to find a way to keep Sarah from doing anything like this again. As for the statement from Andrew, its so poorly written i can only imagine he wrote it in a huff and sent it out, possibly without consulting the BP communication dept.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:59 PM
Majesty

Duke of York issues extraordinary personal denial of rift with Prince Charles over royal status of Beatrice and Eugenie

Here we go.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:47 PM
Nobility

"Building their careers" as "modern werking Royals". Did BP really authorise this nonsense?
Old 12-09-2016, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I'll bet Charles will be livid!
Old 12-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm so over this family. They can't stop reminding us all that they are princess's and how wonderful they are. They do some work for charity we should be so thankful !!
Why does anyone even bother with Fergie ? Is Anne's first husband in the news giving statements etc etc ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson