The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-08-2021, 07:59 PM
Aristocracy

I think the number of people who would want to see either Prince Andrew or Sarah Ferguson again representing the royal family in any capacity would be minuscule but what they do in their private lives is up to them of course (as long as it's legal).

Old 03-08-2021, 09:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRohan View Post
Would it be to much to hope for that a royal re-wedding between the Duke and Duchess of York, who already live together in an ersatz marriage, would be a way to re-introduce them both to life as working royals, together, alongside their children and grandchildren, and focus on the people who want to work and serve the Commonwealth nations, and remove attention from those who have detached themselves from it as per their own requests?
Naïve for sure, but it seems to me a joyous thought regardless, knowing how committed they are to each other and that time heals all wounds, even royal ones
With Andrew's multiple issues you want him re-instated as a royal

Fergie will never be a working royal again. Will they perhaps remarry? Maybe after Philip has passed. Even maybe the queen. But that stands to be seen.

Old 03-08-2021, 10:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

What would the CoE require of the two of them(Andrew and Sarah) if they decided to remarry? Would a full repeat of marriage vows with 2 witnesses be necessary?

Or just a sevice of blessing since neither of them ever remarried? Just curious....

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 03-08-2021, 11:04 PM
Majesty

If the couple were divorced, and I believe that they were, then they would certainly have to go through a new wedding ceremony if they wanted to marry again. I don’t think they do however. I think they’re happy as they are.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
What would the CoE require of the two of them(Andrew and Sarah) if they decided to remarry? Would a full repeat of marriage vows with 2 witnesses be necessary?

Or just a sevice of blessing since neither of them ever remarried? Just curious....
They would have to meet the same requirements as a couple of divorcees who were divorced from other people. It may make the diocese decission quicker, or maybe slower as they would have to convince diocese why they think the marriage would work this time when it didnt before.

They could go the Charles and Camilla route and have a civil wedding instead. But they would still require witnesses and such as well.

No a simple service of blessing would do nothing. Their marriage ended, they need to re-enter a new one.

But I do have my doubts they ever would.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:58 AM
Serene Highness

They would have to be remarried. It is possible they could do so in a church (especially if a royal peculiar was used) with the permission of the vicar.

https://www.churchofengland.org/site...ivorceFORM.pdf

However despite all the speculation about "after Philip dies" we have no real signs that they want to do so. Indeed, if they did so it would open up a can of worms that I'm sure they would prefer remain closed.

As for taking up royal duties again, no. I can't see it happening for a number of very good reasons.

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson