The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-02-2019, 01:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I am not sure they will remarry. If they do, I think it may wait until Charles is king. A small part because as the brother of the king, and not the son of the queen, Andrew is a bit further back. I am also not entirely sure Philip or the queen would fully approve.
Allegedly that is one of the reasons they haven't although it's all hearsay. I'm not sure they would remarry even if their relationship is on a rekindled romantic level. Right now Sarah is free to do much more of what she wants, associate with people, make money the way she wants without being criticised too much for it. As a remarried DOY there would be many more restrictions, even with most attention now on others unlike the 80s/90s. Similarly no one bats an eyelid when Andrew is pictured or alleged to be with a different woman or whatever. However they may surprise me.

Old 06-02-2019, 02:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I don't believe Sarah will will steal the spotlight from the monarch and heirs per se. However, if history is anything to go by, there is a reasonable chance that she will do or say something wholly inappropriate, and potentially bring disrepute to the BRF. The Firm is suitably insulated as long as she is the long divorced wife of Andrew, a position they will lose if she were to be HRH The Duchess of York once again.

With respect, I think this is just some nonsense thought up by the tabloids to keep the clicks coming.

I think that makes sense, and if they were to remarry, it may well be in the next reign.

My bigger point is that I am no tsure marriage will bring that much more to Sarah and Andrew than the current position. They appear to be enjoying the benefits of being a couple, without the responsibilities that may come with them being married, and that must be a good thing from their perpsective.

I was responding to your suggestion that Charles and the queen would veto a wedding in fear it would 'distract from them'.

It seems the tabloid rumors that Charles is insecure and needs to do everything to keep the spotlight on him has shadowed your opinion a tad.

The reality is Sarah doesn't need to be a HRH to bring scandal to the family. Proved that in years since the divorce. As long as she is in the picture with Andrew, wife or not, her actions will be in the spotlight bad or good.

Old 06-02-2019, 02:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

More family pics from yesterday-
https://thechildrenofcambridge.tumbl...s-beatrice-and

Everyone is just beaming with happiness. Andrew looks very grand in full uniform.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-02-2019, 02:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I was responding to your suggestion that Charles and the queen would veto a wedding in fear it would 'distract from them'.
Not quite. I said that any potential issues caused by Sarah, following a potential remarriage, would be "an unnecessary distraction for the BRF". I did not suggest that Sarah has the ability to steal the spotlight from the monarch or the direct heirs. It is just that any potential scandals caused by Sarah would unnecessarily dilute the overall message of the Firm.

Quote:
It seems the tabloid rumors that Charles is insecure and needs to do everything to keep the spotlight on him has shadowed your opinion a tad.
Not in the least.

Quote:
The reality is Sarah doesn't need to be a HRH to bring scandal to the family. Proved that in years since the divorce. As long as she is in the picture with Andrew, wife or not, her actions will be in the spotlight bad or good.
Yes, but potential scandals from a long divorced troublesome former wife who is not a working member of the BRF are a different kettle of fish from those from the monarch's daughter-in-law!
Old 06-02-2019, 05:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Hand in hand... in hand! Princess Beatrice's boyfriend Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi links fingers with her and sister Eugenie on a night out in west London

Eugenie and Beatrice out on Friday night with Edoardo.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:09 AM
Serene Highness

I sincerely hope Prince Andrew never remarries Sarah. I most certainly do not want her to ever become a working royal & if she were ever to be back on the payroll, it would not go down well with the British public.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I sincerely hope Prince Andrew never remarries Sarah. I most certainly do not want her to ever become a working royal & if she were ever to be back on the payroll, it would not go down well with the British public.
True.
I don't believe she is trustworthy and would soon plunge the RF into another scandal.
In the end, though, Andrew will do as he pleases, and the Queen will accept it.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Well seeing as how the paparazzi have never stopped going after her and when nothing much was happening, they would set out to destroy her, her family and friends to create a story.

I can't see much worse than creating fake personalities to try to strike up an acquaintance with her, to draw her into a friendship where she feels close enough and safe enough to be a little indiscreet are the actions of morally bankrupt people.

I word go so far as to say their depraved indifference to the ethics of what they are doing versus what they are supposed to be doing is horrifying.

Where are all the fine, upstanding models of moral rectitude when Sarah is 'had' by one of these so-called journalists? The silence is deafening and the atmosphere chilling.

If people can love a deceased former member of the BRF for over twenty years, they can carry an incredibly unbelievable corrosive hatred just as well.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I really don't have an opinion on Sarah being at the State Banquet for the US to UK state visit. I'm going to leave that up to the Queen. She has a good relationship with Sarah and if she deems that Sarah should be there, Sarah will be. If the Queen decides it wouldn't be appropriate, Sarah won't be there.
Simple.
In what capacity should she attend?! She is not a member of the RF nor has she any diplomatic links to the US...!
Old 06-02-2019, 09:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
If people can love a deceased former member of the BRF for over twenty years, they can carry an incredibly unbelievable corrosive hate just as well.
Who is carrying "an incredibly unbelievable corrosive hate" for Sarah?
Old 06-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
More family pics from yesterday-
https://thechildrenofcambridge.tumbl...s-beatrice-and

Everyone is just beaming with happiness. Andrew looks very grand in full uniform.
The love beaming from this picture is just so real. This is what a happy and united family looks like. How they intend to define "family" is none of my business … but, every one should have this amount of love and unity in their lives.

JMHO
Old 06-02-2019, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Where are all the fine, upstanding models of moral rectitude when Sarah is 'had' by one of these so called journists?
The silence is deafening and the atmosphere chilling.
W.C. Fields once said: You can't cheat an honest man.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:53 AM
Majesty

I rest my case.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I rest my case.
Allow me to clarify:
You may think the media was to blame and was unfair; my point was that no one forced Fergie to make that grab for money.

It's true that the media does target her, but it's also true that she gave them the ammunition.

I don't think anyone truly hates her but many have no respect for her.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

People make mistakes in their life. Lord, knows both Andrew and Sarah has made them. They, like everyone, are allowed to make them and move on. They seem to have moved on and living their lives. I think we should allow them to do that without constantly throwing their past mistakes in their faces whenever possible. That’s unfair and mean, imho.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-03-2019, 08:32 AM
Majesty

I have always believed that Sarah is 'sunny side up person which, to me, is the only reason to explain Sarah's 'foot in mouth problem and yet her ex and her kids still adore her and HM goes out of her way to maintain close contact and invites her regularly for tea.

Basically Sarah seems like a Labrador pup full to bursting with boundless energy and affection. Whatever else id said about her, I don't believe she has a malicious bone in her body and when she's around people her enthusiasm, naive though it be, makes people feel happy.

What an incredible gift she has and if she had no redeeming qualities she would long have been a sad footnote in royal history, nothing but a memory. But she isn't. Her family love her, Harry insisted she be allowed to come to his wedding. She has that certain something wrapped in s heart of gold.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Whilst I'm not a fan of Sarah (for me she'll always retain her "Fergie" image), I don't think it's fair to hope she never remarries Andrew. People change, and both Sarah and Andrew seem to have matured and grown since their divorce. I personally don't see them remarrying any time soon, but if that's what they want to do, then I wish them the best.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-04-2019, 12:52 AM
Administrator

Here are some more photos of Princess Eugenie with Jack and Princess Beatrice and Edoardo in London on June 2:

** profimedia gallery **

** people: Royal Double Date! Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice Step Out with Their Loves in London **
Old 06-04-2019, 01:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Who is carrying "an incredibly unbelievable corrosive hate" for Sarah?
Hmm...you only have to look at some of the comments in the tabloids or in any of these threads to see examples of "incredibly unbelievable corrosive hate or dislike for Sarah. I am not picking on you personally, I just think your comment "speaks" to the situation at hand.

We all know what went down with the York marriage. It seems to me, that a lot of people (again not directing this to you personally) are holding a lot of negative feelings towards Sarah because of what we down (and after the marriage). Moreso than Andrew. You know...the guy who was actually done wrong.

I am going not going to rehash or debate those issues. But if Andrew and the Queen can deal with her, why can't the rest of us? What if Sarah (despite all of her faults and yes she has them) is Andrew's lobster? Is he supposed to not have her in his life because she don't fit the mold, can't keep her mouth shut, etc.

Sarah is IMO is always looking for love, acceptance, gratification, etc. She definitely goes about it in the wrong ways some times but she and Andrew raised some two pretty terrific young ladies. She can't be all that bad.

I think that we will see more of Sarah but moreso in Andrew's private life and not his public life.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:52 PM
Administrator

The Duke of York, Sarah, Beatrice and Edoardo attended a Pitch@Palace reception at St James Palace today:

** gettyimages gallery **

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson