The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-18-2017, 02:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Not matching your fashion sense is a sign of bad parenting

All royals, even working royals, have down time.
Actually, they don't, not when they are in public.

Being Royal is not like being a policeman or a postal worker or lifeguard.

A Royal is on the job as Royal ... always. Their behavior, appearance, arrangement of medals, shoes, hair, posture, decorum, etc. is THEIR JOB. They have to represent the Crown and it doesn't stop ever.

Beatrice is a case in point. She co-hosted a BP Garden Party last summer, and moved among the throngs with people lined up to meet her.

Well, they could have left early and went to a club a few hours later and had a swell time with her partying it up and stumbling out in the wee hours. Why wait in line when she'll be at the bar later?

What the female Yorks don't understand is that being Royal is not 9-5, it is a lifestyle ... a lot of it public, and them doing their "for the press" charity or Royal Garden Party appearances as exclusive people and behaving otherwise just hours later in taverns is not good for the Monarchy.

Andrew knows this, but he's too nice to crack the whip. He loves his family.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
A Royal is on the job as Royal ... always. Their behavior, appearance, arrangement of medals, shoes, hair, posture, decorum, etc. is THEIR JOB. They have to represent the Crown and it doesn't stop ever.
Thing is, none of the Yorks, other than Andrew, are royals "on the job". Sarah and her daughters are private citizens. Beatrice and Eugenie just happen to be born princesses and have the Queen for their grandmother. Pretty much like Anne's children but with being born to a son of a monarch, they were automatically princesses.

They are free to do whatever they please, wear whatever they please and they're not on "display" representing the Queen at all. They just happen to have an association with the British Royal Family but no association whatsoever with the "Firm" which is comprised of the working members of the Royal family.

Whatever "job" Beatrice and Eugenie have, its one they choose and work at and gain a paycheck from. Like any other private citizen.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
What the female Yorks don't understand is that being Royal is not 9-5, it is a lifestyle ... a lot of it public, and them doing their "for the press" charity or Royal Garden Party appearances as exclusive people and behaving otherwise just hours later in taverns is not good for the Monarchy.

Andrew knows this, but he's too nice to crack the whip. He loves his family.
I don't think Andrew has ever been described as "too nice". If anything, it's his sulking and petulance that has left the Princesses in such a precarious position.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

I agree with you. It seems its Andrew that is more discombobulated with his daughters not working for the "Firm" than they are themselves. Andrew, out of all the Queen's children, seems to be the one that exhibits a sense of entitlement and self importance the most.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:12 AM
Courtier

In that sister relationship, Eugenie seems the smarter, and she has a lovely tone of voice. I'm surprised she has not attracted more illustrious suitors than Jack. It's certainly not her fault. She is so much like HM with her beautiful skin, complexion, and quiet dignity when needed.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree with you. It seems its Andrew that is more discombobulated with his daughters not working for the "Firm" than they are themselves. Andrew, out of all the Queen's children, seems to be the one that exhibits a sense of entitlement and self importance the most.

It might not be Andrew driving that train. It may be his ex-wife, Ms. Sarah Ferguson. As we trundle on here, let's pivot to Beatrice.

They have to find her a good husband, like, yesterday. I know she's a decent, engaging and well-spoken woman, but golly, signing on for a tour of duty as Fergie's son-in-law is a lot to ask for.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'd be totally horrified if anyone had thought to make that suggestion to either one of my parents. Find me a "good" husband or an "illustrious" husband. Where does one find one of those anyways? Craig's List? Too bad the debutante "marriage market" is pretty much a thing of the past.

Both Beatrice and Eugenie will marry if and when they're absolutely sure they want to spend the rest of their lives with someone. I seriously doubt they'd ask the potential significant other for a resume to judge his "qualities" before deciding if he was worthy or not.

Love can survive through any type of in-law known to man.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I'd be totally horrified if anyone had thought to make that suggestion to either one of my parents. Find me a "good" husband or an "illustrious" husband. Where does one find one of those anyways? Craig's List? Too bad the debutante "marriage market" is pretty much a thing of the past.

Both Beatrice and Eugenie will marry if and when they're absolutely sure they want to spend the rest of their lives with someone. I seriously doubt they'd ask the potential significant other for a resume to judge his "qualities" before deciding if he was worthy or not.

Beatrice is an attractive middle-aged woman who would do well to marry a man who shares her interests.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie had dinner at the Ivy restaurant in London yesterday, December 18:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

** dailymail: Ladies in leather! Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie dress in matching black as they join mother Sarah Ferguson for a pre-Christmas dinner at The Ivy **
Old 12-19-2017, 07:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:

And if they've any sense, they'll ignore their father and follow the Ramsay precedent. That way they can live happy, contented private lives. Certainly I'd like to see that for them both. They've dealt with a very difficult situation well IMO. Especially Princess Beatrice who impresses me more and more as the years go by.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Maybe, but Fergie as MIL is a lot to swallow!

I've always believed she is the damaging factor in her daughters' relationships, and the real reason they haven't attracted more aristocratic suitors. JMO.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Maybe, but Fergie as MIL is a lot to swallow!

I've always believed she is the damaging factor in her daughters' relationships, and the real reason they haven't attracted more aristocratic suitors. JMO.
Beatrice and Eugenie don't typically hang around with aristocrats as far as I can see. They meet middle-class people like Eugenie's boyfriend Jack, along with wealthy businesspeople and celebrities. The royals aren't far removed from the rest of society anymore...Prince Harry isn't marrying an aristocrat, either.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

The girls are going to meet and fall in love with and marry whomever they, themselves, decide. External factors such as status, wealth, and "good" family doesn't amount to a hill of beans when choosing a life partner. Forever marriages are formed from one thing only and that is the relationship between two people.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:10 AM
Administrator

Beatrice and Eugenie out last night, December 20:

** gettyimages ** rex gallery ** dailymail article **
Old 12-25-2017, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Well, I think once you're 29 and in her high-visibility position, it would be nice to be introduced to a decent man by someone you trust and has your interests at heart. The last thing she needs is another Paolo or spaceship salesman.

I know that the notion of a "good" family is very old-fashioned and irrelevant. It's the man and his character that counts. A pleasing physical presence and a bit of earning potential would not hurt, either.

As far as in-laws, an undesirable in-law might put the kibosh on a relationship even before true love has a chance to gel. My grandmother and her sister both eloped so that their harridan mother wouldn't interfere.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:15 PM
Courtier

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

Beatrice and Eugenie ... what were they thinking. It's amazing that at this late time in their lives... Big Beatrice approaching middle age and knowing of press attention they can't even get an attractive holiday look together after all of this time being singled out for their bad decisions. It must be awkward up at the big house at Christmas when Serena, Sophie and Sarah cruise to church with great style while these two bumble along, stuck in a way.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:18 PM
Courtier

what red-blooded man who is smart with money would marry a York?
Old 12-25-2017, 08:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

A man in love with a York.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:05 PM
Courtier

What do the York girls do? Do they have educations? Do they have jobs?
Old 12-25-2017, 09:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
What do the York girls do? Do they have educations? Do they have jobs?
They both went to what they call "University" in the UK. Eugenie works full time for an auction house, Hauser & Wirth. She had another art-related job before that. She's in a good position. Perhaps at some point she would be able to work for The Royal Collection. She's a smart and able woman. And, is a lovely speaker! From what I hear, very personable and much lovelier in person than in tabloid photos.

The other one is closer to Fergie and may very well suffer from that.

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson