York Family News and Pictures 2: Sep 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That wouldn't stop the gutter press AT ALL and it is naive to think that it would. They would still be followed and harassed as Mrs. Brooksbank and Ms. Mountbatten-Windsor (or Lady Beatrice and Lady Eugenie as daughters of a Duke). They will always be the granddaughters of The Queen and newsworthy just for that reason. Add in the fact that for now the Yorks are the press punching bags and there is no escape for them. Not even a quiet, private retirement in the country would satisfy the press because then they would be "shirking their duty" to the monarch. Until George, Charlotte, and Louis are young adults and the future Sussexes become the new "bad" royals Beatrice and Eugenie will be in the crosshairs...unless Louise and/or James go far off the rails that is.:whistling:

I disagree. No one is that interested in them. Most of the attention they get is for the clothes they wear at big royal events. Stop going, give the title up and they would be largely ignored by the media.

The York princesses will never be left alone solely because of who they are. We also see (and you can verify the press' attention) Lady Kitty Spencer always making the tabloids simply because she eats or she attends something. Just because she's Diana's niece. Same with Pippa Matthews because she's the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge.

There's no fading off into the sunset with these people.

The York princesses will never be left alone solely because of who they are. We also see (and you can verify the press' attention) Lady Kitty Spencer always making the tabloids simply because she eats or she attends something. Just because she's Diana's niece. Same with Pippa Matthews because she's the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge.

There's no fading off into the sunset with these people.
Diana had 9 nieces - the only one we really read about is the one who needs the media coverage to further her career.

Likewise, Beatrice needs her title and the press attention to further her business aspirations - her title and high media profile open doors for her that her education, experience and skill set would not.

Eugenie is in the business of selling art - her title and high profile bring her into contact with the wealthy art buyers she needs in her career.
If either of them had chosen a career that did not require that they have the right 'connections' IMO they would have no problem staying under the radar with only an occasional blip when they went to church with grandma on Sunday at Christmas. They chose otherwise.

I'm not criticizing their choices - they are taking advantage of the position which they were born to - however, doing so was not their only choice and I think it's a bit disingenuous to claim the press harasses them when they've chosen careers where they need to be high profile and their charitable endeavors appear to be aimed at garnering press coverage to encourage others to donate money.

Eugenie could have been a curator or researcher of art, for example, rather than a seller needing wealthy connections.
I'm still not sure what Beatrice is actually doing, so can't say where her interests really lie.
Both Eugenie and Beatrice could have actually volunteered and done work with charities they were interested in (you know - boots on the ground) rather than just showing up or visiting, or doing a marathon with their buddies to 'raise awareness' and encourage others to donate.

Those who made the documentaries had permission to take their pictures where ever they took them. Eugenie didn't and so was told off. She has to abide by the same rules as everyone else. I don't remember seeing that corridor anyway and I have seen every documentary in the last 30 or so years that has been on Australian TV. I am not saying it hasn't been shown just that I don't remember seeing it - particularly the picture of Princess Maud.

Its very possible that the anecdote related about the corridor and picture of Andrew that got her in a little bit of hot water amplifies what the entire interview was supposed to deliver and that is that the York girls are just as human as the rest of us and make mistakes. Just like doggies have accidents in the worse possible places sometimes and mothers are doting no matter how old one gets. It makes them more real and down to earth than puppets on a string that the media portrays however they feel will get the most response from its readers.

Those who made the documentaries had permission to take their pictures where ever they took them. Eugenie didn't and so was told off. She has to abide by the same rules as everyone else. I don't remember seeing that corridor anyway and I have seen every documentary in the last 30 or so years that has been on Australian TV. I am not saying it hasn't been shown just that I don't remember seeing it - particularly the picture of Princess Maud.

I guess so, but yeah I’ve seen that corridor before. It’s where Andrew’s office or rooms are located. The palace just produced a speed video that featured the corridor as well. The far end of the corridor is where the Cambridge’s and rest of the royal family greeted guest after the 2011 Royal wedding.

I was surprised that the media made a big deal about the picture, because it’s been featured before.

The British royals should start sharing regular pics. It’s what the Swedish, Danish and other royals do. Everything don’t have to be formal and so staged. They need to relax a bit.

Last edited:
I really wish they'd said a bit more about Eugenie's wedding.
It's right around the corner now, so all the major decisions have been made.

I really wish they'd said a bit more about Eugenie's wedding.
It's right around the corner now, so all the major decisions have been made.

Were you able to get the actual article, I would have thought they would have said more than what was mentioned in the preview?

The link did say that its for the September issue of Vogue and mentioned the photo shoot for the article. We were just given a "trailer" of what is to come in the September issue.

Unless its posted online, I won't see it.

I don't understand some of the comments in the VF article. Eugenie was quoted saying that people "recoil" from perfect Instagram photos and then went on to say that she and her sister are real people. I don't see the thread there.

The link did say that its for the September issue of Vogue and mentioned the photo shoot for the article. We were just given a "trailer" of what is to come in the September issue.

Unless its posted online, I won't see it.

Read it at the Library; that's what I am going to do. :flowers:

No magazine article is conductive to me to drive quite a ways to a public library as I live in a pretty rural setting. Actually, for me, most times its cheaper for me to buy a book at an used book seller and have it mailed to me than using a lending library.

Perhaps the article will eventually be in its entirety on the Vogue website similar to how the article they did last summer on Meghan was. One can hope. :D

So i caved and bought. It's only £2 in the UK!

Somethings i've read that I personally didn't know.

Beatrice is VP of Partnerships and Strategy at Afiniti, a US Based AI technology company. She spends half her time in NY.
Sarah lives permanently at Royal Lodge when she's also not in NY.
Eugenie is Associate Director at Hauser & Wirth.

Eugenie talks about how her whole life has become anti-plastic after partnering with Project Zero, she claims her wedding will be no plastic.

The article confirms that Beatrice will be Eugenie's Maid of Honour in October.

The pictures are very high fashion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah, Duchess of York is currently on The One Show talking about the merger of her charity Children In Crisis with Street Child UK, which Eugenie and Beatrice are ambassadors for. She has spoke briefly about the wedding which I have posted in the correct thread.

Last edited:
:previous: Such a lovely and natural photo! It really seems to capture the York sister's close relationship.

So i caved and bought. It's only £2 in the UK!

Somethings i've read that I personally didn't know.

Beatrice is VP of Partnerships and Strategy at Afiniti, a US Based AI technology company. She spends half her time in NY.
Sarah lives permanently at Royal Lodge when she's also not in NY.
Eugenie is Associate Director at Hauser & Wirth.

Eugenie talks about how her whole life has become anti-plastic after partnering with Project Zero, she claims her wedding will be no plastic.

The article confirms that Beatrice will be Eugenie's Maid of Honour in October.

The pictures are very high fashion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah, Duchess of York is currently on The One Show talking about the merger of her charity Children In Crisis with Street Child UK, which Eugenie and Beatrice are ambassadors for. She has spoke briefly about the wedding which I have posted in the correct thread.

Thank you for letting us know Lumutqueen - it seems like it's worth a buy. I'm very tempted to get hold of a copy myself.

:previous: What absolutely wonderful ensembles! They really nailed the different personalities and styles of Beatrice and Eugenie. I would especially love to see them wear the long gowns, Beatrice with the smaller print and slightly fussier style and Eugenie with the beautifully bold colours and style.

Seeing Beatrice in that long gown is reminiscent of her wonderful butterfly hat that lives long in my memory.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-pro...6617.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=980:*

I purchased the edition of Vogue today and the photos are lovely. The interview is really nice to read and I felt like I "got to know" Beatrice and Eugenie a little more.
Eugenie's comment about her wedding to Jack made me smile when the interviewer asked if she was nervous: "I’m not stressed at all. It’s very nerve-wracking because you want it to be perfect but then you realize that you’re going to be with the person you love forever and nothing else really matters."

:previous:
Apparently one of the dogs had an accident on Beatrice's cape.
(Oh, the joys of working with animals!)

Did the Vogue article mention it?

:previous: Ah, got there before me! :D
Yes, I'm pretty sure that little anecdote was mentioned.

I didn't bother reading that as I assume it is the standard 'they are lazy, waste of space an oxygen' article about the girls that the press like to write and the general public want to believe. The media love to manipulate the public to 'love' certain members of the BRF and 'hate' others - they have been doing it for nearly a century now and it will continue well into the future.

I have stopped reading the DF when it comes to Beatrice and Eugenie. I wish they were born at a time when it was thought already that the life of a granddaughter of the souverain would be easier if they were not burdened with the title and rank of princess but without the background to support this. It seems to me it is much more difficult then in other European countries where the media and the people seems to adore all their princesses. In Britain, being at the top of the social chain but having not much to go for it (no public role, not the kind of money to create something for themselves that pays for their privileges) gives them the image of hanger-ons, and having Fergie as their mother doesn't help much.

I just think that Lady Louise will be treated differently when she is grown-up and seen as an adult, much like the well-liked other Ladies of the Windsor-family.

For a princess, nothing is ever quiet, for a Lady X Mountbatten-Windsor nearly everything is.

My hope is that Eugenie will one day open up a fashionable winestore with her husband, because winegrowers are very conservative still, so probably would sell limited wines to a Royal princess rather than to other winesellers. Or she could become a custodian and curator of The Royal Collections. That would surely be seen as a suitable job.

With Beatrice? I wish she would meet a man who could provide princely for her, as I don't see her earn the amount of money by herself she'd need to live the life of a "real" Royal princess.

But all in all, I hope the tabloids will give them a rest once they are starting to wear twinsets and pearls....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have stopped reading the DF when it comes to Beatrice and Eugenie. I wish they were born at a time when it was thought already that the life of a granddaughter of the souverain would be easier if they were not burdened with the title and rank of princess but without the background to support this. It seems to me it is much more difficult then in other European countries where the media and the people seems to adore all their princesses. In Britain, being at the top of the social chain but having not much to go for it (no public role, not the kind of money to create something for themselves that pays for their privileges) gives them the image of hanger-ons, and having Fergie as their mother doesn't help much.

I believe much of the public resents having to fund Andrew (and by extension, Fergie). This resentment carries over to their daughters.

Still, all of the holidays don't help. It adds to the perception that their jobs are only for show, and not real work.

I believe much of the public resents having to fund Andrew (and by extension, Fergie). This resentment carries over to their daughters.

Still, all of the holidays don't help. It adds to the perception that their jobs are only for show, and not real work.

The problem with 'all of the holidays', is that Beatrice is the one who has most of them. Eugenie has only been pictured on one this year, which was the trip to Italy with Jack. And half of the time Eugenie is seen travelling, it's for her work but the papers don't care and will just right what sells.

The problem with 'all of the holidays', is that Beatrice is the one who has most of them. Eugenie has only been pictured on one this year, which was the trip to Italy with Jack. And half of the time Eugenie is seen travelling, it's for her work but the papers don't care and will just right what sells.

I'm not so sure; Eugenie does praise her very understanding boss, who allows her to take time off whenever she likes.

The article mentions that, of her first 50 days on the job, she was off on 25 of them.
The public isn't apt to applaud that work ethic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom