York Family News and Pictures 2: Sep 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She actually wrote a number of books, and had quite a bit of success at that.

Wasn't she accused of plagiarizing her books, though?

I seem to recall there was quite an issue with that.

I don't know about Princess Michael, but I do know Fergie supposedly plagiarized the Hector the Helicopter series...

Last edited:
Nope it was Fergi, accused of plagiarism with the Budgie books. I remember that.

LaRae

Nope it was Fergi, accused of plagiarism with the Budgie books. I remember that.

LaRae

Princess Michael was also accused of plagiarism, and more than once. Just google Princess Michael plagiarism.

Both Sarah and PMK have been accused of plagiarism in the past.

Like many authors, Fergie was Accused of plagiarism by another author. But it went no where. It was never proven that she plagiarized anything.

While Budgie is her most well known, she has had success with her other books she has written.

Unlike princess Michael who at least one case was settled.

I believe the author of Hector the Helicopter, A. W. Baldwin, was deceased when Budgie was published - the plots are almost identical as I recall.
My recollection is that the bigger fuss was over Sarah’s claims that most of the Budgie proceeds would go to charity which didn’t happen. Starky’s book has a great deal of detail about Sarah’s financial dealings during that time.

Last edited:
I believe the author of Hector the Helicopter, A. W. Baldwin, was deceased when Budgie was published - the plots are almost identical as I recall.
My recollection is that the bigger fuss was over Sarah’s claims that most of the Budgie proceeds would go to charity which didn’t happen. Starky’s book has a great deal of detail about Sarah’s financial dealings during that time.

If there was any actual bases for the plagiarism, his estate/family could have sued her. Especially when the tv show was made and money came out of it. Many stories have similar story lines, takes more then that to make a case. If there was any legal cause to believe it plagiarism, someone would have taken Fergie to court. They didn't.

Despite the controversy surrounding that series of books, she had success with several other series of books.

If there was any actual bases for the plagiarism, his estate/family could have sued her. Especially when the tv show was made and money came out of it. Many stories have similar story lines, takes more then that to make a case. If there was any legal cause to believe it plagiarism, someone would have taken Fergie to court. They didn't.

Despite the controversy surrounding that series of books, she had success with several other series of books.
I was responding to the claim that the author had claimed plagerism, which clearly he did not. There are many reasons people choose not to sue - whether a claim has merits is only one, the fact that someone isn’t sued doesn’t prove or disprove the underlying merits of the claim. Likewise, the fact that someone chooses to settle out of court, as did Princess Michael, may be based on pragmatic concerns rather than actual culpability. Insurance companies routinely pay off nuisance claims because it would cost more in legal fees to defend them.
Unfortunately, for all of her success at making money through the years, Sarah hasn’t managed to retain much of it.

That guy Allan Starkey seemed credible to me when I first read reviews of his book. (I never bought it or read it). Later on, as Sarah got enmeshed in her "Fake Sheikh" scandal and Starkey was appearing on TV, his credibility factor, for me, went waaaay downhill.

First off, he had some wig situation that was very distracting. I can only describe it as a dark fur map of South America. He also had a way of speaking that sounded very ... well, it sounded like he was trying to gargle spit in the side of his mouth and talk at the same time.

I know Starkey was very critical of Sarah's charity activity and moneymaking schemes in the book, but after seeing him and that wig on some tabloid show, it occurred to me that he may have been at the heart of these activities and turned because he thought Fergie and Johnny Bryan were responsible for his jail sentence.

That guy Allan Starkey seemed credible to me when I first read reviews of his book. (I never bought it or read it). Later on, as Sarah got enmeshed in her "Fake Sheikh" scandal and Starkey was appearing on TV, his credibility factor, for me, went waaaay downhill.

First off, he had some wig situation that was very distracting. I can only describe it as a dark fur map of South America. He also had a way of speaking that sounded very ... well, it sounded like he was trying to gargle spit in the side of his mouth and talk at the same time.

I know Starkey was very critical of Sarah's charity activity and moneymaking schemes in the book, but after seeing him and that wig on some tabloid show, it occurred to me that he may have been at the heart of these activities and turned because he thought Fergie and Johnny Bryan were responsible for his jail sentence.
I take my mom to second hand stores to buy books often and if I see one about British Royalty I buy it which is how I acquired & read Starky’s several years ago. Per the book, he was very involved in the financial affairs of Johnny and Sarah and he definitely blamed Johnny Bryan and to a lesser degree Sarah for his jail sentence when everything fell apart. His description of Sarah’s behavior with her daughters during that time was interesting to me as well.
Sorry I missed his appearances following the ‘fake sheik’ - your description makes him sound odd indeed.

Poor Beatrice, I wish they would leave her alone. This isn't Pride and Prejudice were the older sister must get married before the younger one can come "out"

Exactly. Long gone are those days where a woman is expected to be married and have children or else she's considered "long in the tooth" or "on the shelf" or called a spinster. :D

I well remember as a young tweenager sitting the church when the Banns were called for one woman. I guess she was somewhere between twenty-five and twenty-nine and when the words "Spinster of this Parish" were said, we giggled. Isn't it wonderful that those days are well and truly gone?

The photo of Beatrice last Sunday was very sad and, judging by the almost indecent speed with which her long-time lover got engaged and married it would be fair to wonder if he had not used her. Beatrice looked decidedly pale and I don't believe I have ever seen her look so sad and know that even loving and supporting Eugenie and Jack she knows better than to share anything with the public because they will make a meal of it. Witness this article.

We may never know the damage he inflicted on Beatrice but we do know it is too soon for her to be dancing in the street celebrating for a sister we know she loves dearly.

It tugs at my heart to think Beatrice is suffering because of her ex's actions. There's a part of me that wants her to find someone but another part that doesn't want her to rush down the aisle; I know she doesn't need a man to be fulfilled. But the way she is being written about makes her out to be "poor Beatrice no one loves her". I can only imagine how painful it is for her to be constantly reminded about the situation with her ex.

It tugs at my heart to think Beatrice is suffering because of her ex's actions. There's a part of me that wants her to find someone but another part that doesn't want her to rush down the aisle; I know she doesn't need a man to be fulfilled. But the way she is being written about makes her out to be "poor Beatrice no one loves her". I can only imagine how painful it is for her to be constantly reminded about the situation with her ex.
Unfortunately she looked pale and almost haggard in last Sunday's photo
Is it mean to hope she was coming down with the flu. I hate to think she is hurting and exploited by the DF et sl.

We may never know the damage he inflicted on Beatrice but we do know it is too soon for her to be dancing in the street celebrating for a sister we know she loves dearly.

Even though I think she is better off without someone like Dave Clarke, it has to be hurtful for her.

It isn't surprising that she might be happy for her sister, yet find all the preparations to be a bit depressing.

We honestly don't know any details whatsoever about the relationship between Beatrice and Dave and the reasons why they broke up. They could have both just decided the relationship was at a dead end and moved on. Looking pale and wan in the photo does not a story tell. For all we know, she was up extremely late the night before having a grand old time and got very little rest.

I remember those days well. Its called being young and single. :D

Unfortunately she looked pale and almost haggard in last Sunday's photo
Is it mean to hope she was coming down with the flu. I hate to think she is hurting and exploited by the DF et sl.
They would just love that. I don't know why they get such pleasure putting Beatrice down. It's like they are trying to turn her into the British Jennifer Aniston, media won't be happy until she has a permanent man... until then it is woe is me.

...judging by the almost indecent speed with which her long-time lover got engaged and married it would be fair to wonder if he had not used her

Has Dave married? Last I heard of him was May 2017 and an engagement mentioned. Not a peep since then, they might have broken up by now.

Thought the cad had. Perhaps they are just engaged.

I noted she looked weary on Sunday morning. Even her eyemakeup had run and I have never seen her with less than immaculate makeup or none at all. And there she was all raccoon eyes.

I thought he had married too...a very quick turn around for him.

LaRae

I’ve alwats thought that Dave knew what he wanted. Bea wasn’t ready and he was. He moved on.

:previous: Maybe she was just not sure heather than unready. Or maybe his ask was too big. Or... We don't know, do we?

I've always thought she was shaken to her core by the break up. And we are off topic.

:previous: Maybe she was just not sure heather than unready. Or maybe his ask was too big. Or... We don't know, do we?

I've always thought she was shaken to her core by the break up. And we are off topic.

Well, whatever happened, I think Beatrice is just fine and happy for her little sister.

I’ve alwats thought that Dave knew what he wanted. Bea wasn’t ready and he was. He moved on.

I don't think he had a choice, if he found out that the future King, a man who is a contemporary, put the kibosh on him. There's no future in the UK for him, Dave Clark, if the heir to the throne does not like him. If he was a farmer/horse breeder, he would have some muscle, but, no, he was a spaceship travel agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom