York Family News and Pictures 2: Sep 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not matching your fashion sense is a sign of bad parenting :ermm:

All royals, even working royals, have down time.

Actually, they don't, not when they are in public.

Being Royal is not like being a policeman or a postal worker or lifeguard.

A Royal is on the job as Royal ... always. Their behavior, appearance, arrangement of medals, shoes, hair, posture, decorum, etc. is THEIR JOB. They have to represent the Crown and it doesn't stop ever.

Beatrice is a case in point. She co-hosted a BP Garden Party last summer, and moved among the throngs with people lined up to meet her.

Well, they could have left early and went to a club a few hours later and had a swell time with her partying it up and stumbling out in the wee hours. Why wait in line when she'll be at the bar later?

What the female Yorks don't understand is that being Royal is not 9-5, it is a lifestyle ... a lot of it public, and them doing their "for the press" charity or Royal Garden Party appearances as exclusive people and behaving otherwise just hours later in taverns is not good for the Monarchy.

Andrew knows this, but he's too nice to crack the whip. He loves his family.

A Royal is on the job as Royal ... always. Their behavior, appearance, arrangement of medals, shoes, hair, posture, decorum, etc. is THEIR JOB. They have to represent the Crown and it doesn't stop ever.

Thing is, none of the Yorks, other than Andrew, are royals "on the job". Sarah and her daughters are private citizens. Beatrice and Eugenie just happen to be born princesses and have the Queen for their grandmother. Pretty much like Anne's children but with being born to a son of a monarch, they were automatically princesses.

They are free to do whatever they please, wear whatever they please and they're not on "display" representing the Queen at all. They just happen to have an association with the British Royal Family but no association whatsoever with the "Firm" which is comprised of the working members of the Royal family.

Whatever "job" Beatrice and Eugenie have, its one they choose and work at and gain a paycheck from. Like any other private citizen. :D

Last edited:
What the female Yorks don't understand is that being Royal is not 9-5, it is a lifestyle ... a lot of it public, and them doing their "for the press" charity or Royal Garden Party appearances as exclusive people and behaving otherwise just hours later in taverns is not good for the Monarchy.

Andrew knows this, but he's too nice to crack the whip. He loves his family.

I don't think Andrew has ever been described as "too nice". If anything, it's his sulking and petulance that has left the Princesses in such a precarious position.

I agree with you. It seems its Andrew that is more discombobulated with his daughters not working for the "Firm" than they are themselves. Andrew, out of all the Queen's children, seems to be the one that exhibits a sense of entitlement and self importance the most. :D

In that sister relationship, Eugenie seems the smarter, and she has a lovely tone of voice. I'm surprised she has not attracted more illustrious suitors than Jack. It's certainly not her fault. She is so much like HM with her beautiful skin, complexion, and quiet dignity when needed.

I agree with you. It seems its Andrew that is more discombobulated with his daughters not working for the "Firm" than they are themselves. Andrew, out of all the Queen's children, seems to be the one that exhibits a sense of entitlement and self importance the most. :D

It might not be Andrew driving that train. It may be his ex-wife, Ms. Sarah Ferguson. As we trundle on here, let's pivot to Beatrice.

They have to find her a good husband, like, yesterday. I know she's a decent, engaging and well-spoken woman, but golly, signing on for a tour of duty as Fergie's son-in-law is a lot to ask for.

I'd be totally horrified if anyone had thought to make that suggestion to either one of my parents. Find me a "good" husband or an "illustrious" husband. Where does one find one of those anyways? Craig's List? Too bad the debutante "marriage market" is pretty much a thing of the past.

Both Beatrice and Eugenie will marry if and when they're absolutely sure they want to spend the rest of their lives with someone. I seriously doubt they'd ask the potential significant other for a resume to judge his "qualities" before deciding if he was worthy or not.

Love can survive through any type of in-law known to man.

Last edited:
I'd be totally horrified if anyone had thought to make that suggestion to either one of my parents. Find me a "good" husband or an "illustrious" husband. Where does one find one of those anyways? Craig's List? Too bad the debutante "marriage market" is pretty much a thing of the past.

Both Beatrice and Eugenie will marry if and when they're absolutely sure they want to spend the rest of their lives with someone. I seriously doubt they'd ask the potential significant other for a resume to judge his "qualities" before deciding if he was worthy or not.

Beatrice is an attractive middle-aged woman who would do well to marry a man who shares her interests.

And if they've any sense, they'll ignore their father and follow the Ramsay precedent. That way they can live happy, contented private lives. Certainly I'd like to see that for them both. They've dealt with a very difficult situation well IMO. Especially Princess Beatrice who impresses me more and more as the years go by.

Maybe, but Fergie as MIL is a lot to swallow!

I've always believed she is the damaging factor in her daughters' relationships, and the real reason they haven't attracted more aristocratic suitors. JMO.

Maybe, but Fergie as MIL is a lot to swallow!

I've always believed she is the damaging factor in her daughters' relationships, and the real reason they haven't attracted more aristocratic suitors. JMO.

Beatrice and Eugenie don't typically hang around with aristocrats as far as I can see. They meet middle-class people like Eugenie's boyfriend Jack, along with wealthy businesspeople and celebrities. The royals aren't far removed from the rest of society anymore...Prince Harry isn't marrying an aristocrat, either.

The girls are going to meet and fall in love with and marry whomever they, themselves, decide. External factors such as status, wealth, and "good" family doesn't amount to a hill of beans when choosing a life partner. Forever marriages are formed from one thing only and that is the relationship between two people.

Well, I think once you're 29 and in her high-visibility position, it would be nice to be introduced to a decent man by someone you trust and has your interests at heart. The last thing she needs is another Paolo or spaceship salesman.

I know that the notion of a "good" family is very old-fashioned and irrelevant. It's the man and his character that counts. A pleasing physical presence and a bit of earning potential would not hurt, either.

As far as in-laws, an undesirable in-law might put the kibosh on a relationship even before true love has a chance to gel. My grandmother and her sister both eloped so that their harridan mother wouldn't interfere.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

Beatrice and Eugenie ... what were they thinking. It's amazing that at this late time in their lives... Big Beatrice approaching middle age and knowing of press attention they can't even get an attractive holiday look together after all of this time being singled out for their bad decisions. It must be awkward up at the big house at Christmas when Serena, Sophie and Sarah cruise to church with great style while these two bumble along, stuck in a way.

what red-blooded man who is smart with money would marry a York?

A man in love with a York. :D

What do the York girls do? Do they have educations? Do they have jobs?

What do the York girls do? Do they have educations? Do they have jobs?

They both went to what they call "University" in the UK. Eugenie works full time for an auction house, Hauser & Wirth. She had another art-related job before that. She's in a good position. Perhaps at some point she would be able to work for The Royal Collection. She's a smart and able woman. And, is a lovely speaker! From what I hear, very personable and much lovelier in person than in tabloid photos.

The other one is closer to Fergie and may very well suffer from that.

Well, I think once you're 29 and in her high-visibility position, it would be nice to be introduced to a decent man by someone you trust and has your interests at heart. The last thing she needs is another Paolo or spaceship salesman.

I agree!

Surely her numerous relatives could introduce Beatrice to some eligible men.
Both William and Harry have friends who might be available.
Or Eugenie may have some suitable work colleagues.

They both went to what they call "University" in the UK. Eugenie works full time for an auction house, Hauser & Wirth. She had another art-related job before that. She's in a good position. Perhaps at some point she would be able to work for The Royal Collection. She's a smart and able woman. And, is a lovely speaker! From what I hear, very personable and much lovelier in person than in tabloid photos.

The other one is closer to Fergie and may very well suffer from that.
In case you were in any doubt, "University" is the same as College in the US. I would also say that it is impossible to say which of her daughters are closer to Sarah but that has absolutely nothing to do with their education or job prospects unless the employer is a small minded, social climbing bigot who thinks slagging off the Sarah will give them an inside track.

Beatrice is also a smart, able woman, and is a lovely speaker. She is personable and attractive and has used her problem with dyslexia to help others dyslexics to overcome their problem and see it as a challenge instead of a handicap. She also helps their families to understand what the problem is. She is more involved with charity than her sister but that is merely the difference between the calling of their hearts.

Love of family is the first rule of success. You love because you are loved, feel secure because your family have made you feel secure, and give to others because you have it in your heart to share that of which you have in abundance.

Check out Beatrice and Eugenie, they almost always seem happy and smiling while some of their supposed sartorial superiors look like it's an effort to ch smile,

:previous:Beautifully said. I don't understand the vicious, nasty remarks constantly directed towards these two young women.

Last edited:
:previous:Beautifully said. I don't understand the vicious, nasty remarks constantly directed towards these two young women.
As one poster said - Fergie! Not even the courtesy of her name, Sarah. Tried in absentia, convicted and sentenced to a life of sly innuendo, brickbats and lie after lie for the crime of being too rambunctious, too OTT and too red headed and naively gullible.

Yet she still has the audacity to show up to events she is inexplicably invited to, wearing all the 'wrong' fashions and smiling and laughing while she does it! Needless to day Beatrice and Eugenie are hopelessly tainted by her sheer presence let alone her genes.

Last edited:
I don’t quite understand why anyone would want it to play out any other way. Why would Ferguson be invited? Things work best as they are - with her out of the picture. I’m glad that the two Princesses have such a good relationship with their mother but Fergie has blotted her copy book one too many times to risk being allowed to get close to any other family members again.

In case you were in any doubt, "University" is the same as College in the US...,
The York girls received typical English 3 year BA degrees, I believe. Universities in the USA require 4 years to obtain a BA/BS. Many students in the US first obtain an AA/AS degrees at a Jr. college, which takes 2 yr.s, before completing their final 2 years at a US 4 yr. University. I believe the big difference is that fewer lower division general education breadth courses are required by English/Welsh/N. Irish Universities compared to US Universities.

The only thing I know about Fergie (not the singer) was that she let some guy suck on her toes while she was still married back in the 80s or 90s. Also, she tried to sell access to her ex-husband and was caught. And Weight Watchers.

I assume she doesn't have any sort of degree or job skills? The idea is so anathema to how I was raised that it is hard to contemplate having privilege and not doing anything useful with it.

She wrote a couple books about Budgie the Helicopter (of course not without controversy).

She did have a job prior to Andy IIRC...it's just been so long ago I forget what it was.

People also forget that she had a 'past' .... it was perceived that Andy had more leeway (much as Harry is seen) when it came to picking a bride.

LaRae

She wrote a couple books about Budgie the Helicopter (of course not without controversy).

She did have a job prior to Andy IIRC...it's just been so long ago I forget what it was.

People also forget that she had a 'past' .... it was perceived that Andy had more leeway (much as Harry is seen) when it came to picking a bride.

LaRae
Sarah worked in publishing prior to her marriage.

LaRae

She actually wrote a number of books, and had quite a bit of success at that.

Budgie the Little Helicopter books and 1994 animated children's television series:
1989, Budgie the Little Helicopter ISBN 978-0671676834
1989, Budgie at Bendick's Point ISBN 978-0689808494
1991, Budgie and the Blizzard
1992, The Adventures of Budgie ISBN 978-0671792497
1995, Budgie Books – S and S USA ISBN 978-0750096638
1996, Budgie Goes to Sea ISBN 978-0689808500
For young girls:
1997, The Royal Switch ISBN 978-0440412137
1997, Bright Lights ISBN 978-0440412168
Lifestyle books with Weight Watchers:
1998, Dieting with The Duchess ISBN 978-0684857459
1999, Dining with The Duchess ISBN 978-0684852164
2000, Win the Weight Game ISBN 978-0684870786
2001, Reinventing Yourself with the Duchess of York ISBN 978-1439146194
2002, Energy Breakthrough: Jump-start Your Weight Loss and Feel Great ISBN 978-0743232869
Little Red series:
2003, Little Red ISBN 978-1416918530
2004, Little Red’s Christmas Story ISBN 978-1442430761
2006, Little Red’s Summer Adventure ISBN 978-0689875717
2009, Little Red to the Rescue ISBN 978-0689875656
2009, Little Red's Autumn Adventure ISBN 978-0689843419
Helping Hand Books:
2007, Get Well Soon, Adam ISBN 978-1402774010
2007, Lauren's Moving Day ISBN 978-1402773983
2007, Healthy Food for Dylan ISBN 978-1402774003
2010, Ashley Learns about Strangers ISBN 978-1402773938
2010, Emily's First Day of School ISBN 978-1402773921
2010, Michael and His New Baby Brother ISBN 978-1402773907
2010, Matthew and the Bullies, ISBN 978-1402773914
2011, When Katie's Parents Separated ISBN 978-1402773952
2011, Zach Gets Some Exercise ISBN 978-1402773990
2011, Jacob Goes to the Doctor and Sophie Visits the Dentist ISBN 978-1402773969
2011, Molly Makes Friends ISBN 978-1402773976
2011, Olivia Says Goodbye to Grandpa ISBN 978-1402773945
About Queen Victoria:
1991, Victoria and Albert: A Family Life at Osborne House ISBN 978-0139508820
1993, Travels with Queen Victoria ISBN 978-0297831952
1988, A Guard Within ISBN 978-0394758343
1989, Skiing from the Inside: The Self-help Guide to Mastering the Slopes ISBN 978-0671697112
1997, My Story (autobiography) ISBN 978-0671004392
2003, What I Know Now: Simple Lessons Learned the Hard Way ISBN 978-1416578413
2003, Moments. The Duchess published a collection of her photographs in an art book, sold only in Britain, with all proceeds benefiting her UK-based charity, Children in Crisis.
2008, Tea for Ruby ISBN 978-1442426337
2008, Hartmoor, ISBN 978-1405054126
2011, Finding Sarah: A Duchess's Journey to Find Herself ISBN 978-1439189559
2012, Ballerina Rosie ISBN 978-1442430679

She had a few jobs prior to marriage. Working in PR, an art gallery, and before the wedding, for a publishing company. She had studied at a secretarial college.

Sarah was 27 when she married. She wasn't a 19 year old who hadn't spent much time in the real world, or dating. She definitely had more life experience then Diana when she married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom