What is your opinion about Sarah, Duchess of York?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I never see her, then again, I never watch Larry King either. . . :rolleyes:

I rarely watch him either. He drives me bonkers. But I read somewhere that she works for his show and I don't know if it's on air or behind the scenes.

Is she still spokesperson for that china? I remember she actually got on TV and stood on a cup to show how durable it was. I think it was Regis and Kathy Lee which tells you how long ago it was!

Is she still spokesperson for that china? I remember she actually got on TV and stood on a cup to show how durable it was. I think it was Regis and Kathy Lee which tells you how long ago it was!

OMG..she did WHAT??! I vaguely remember something about some china...but standing on a cup for Regis and Kathy Lee?? This is exactly the type of thing that I am talking about that she needs to avoid-I am glad I missed it frankly.

I remember the silly juice commercial and of course Weight Watchers much more clearly.l

I think it was Wedgwood china. I tried YouTubing it but nothing came up. But yeah, she stood on a cup and they (Regis and Kathy Lee) just looked at her wondering, imo, if the cup were going to break. I only watched the show because her book had come out and I was in a phase of reading all things Windsor. (Many, many bio.s at that time of the House of Windsor)

I don't think that is what she meant at all. It's neither a "good" or "bad" thing. She was simply agreeing with the premise that Sarah's misdeeds were more spectacular and in public, while the other members of the family have done similar bad things but knew how to not to get caught. Either that or they were more savvy about manipulating public and press opinion in their favor than Sarah was.

Thanks, you were spot on about what I meant to say. :flowers: Not being hypocritical and sneaky isn't a bad thing, as a matter of fact I'm glad Sarah doesn't have those personality traits. But the problem is, her transparency makes her look like she does more ill-advised, stupid things than the rest of the royal family--whereas in reality they all have made their fair share of mistakes, it's just that we haven't seen as many of them.

Well, I don't know much about her, since I'm Swedish. But I have understood that she has gotten a rough deal, and that many people don't like her.

I am really no fan of Sarah's but I do think she has done remarkably well to rebuild her life after the divorce. Some may argue that she has traded on her royal title, but so be it - she has built up a reasonable business for herself, and has earned financial security for her daughters and herself.

As a keen supporter of the royal family, I hate to say that she was clearly not well provided for in her divorce settlement (despite the Queen herself separately providing funding for a house for Sarah and the girls subsequent to the divorce).

I am not sure why the royal family are on such bad terms with her - and it is unlikely we will ever find out. I have no doubt that her behaviour during her marriage to Andrew was less than diginified and mature, but it has been 16 years now since the separation was announced. Clearly Andrew and Sarah remain close, but the rest of the royal family does not seem to be willing to include her in their lives.

Many people don't want anything to do with former in-laws after a divorce. I guess royals aren't different. I'm actually surprised that Andrew and Sarah obviously still get along so well after their divorce, but it's of course good for Beatrice and Eugenie.

I am really no fan of Sarah's but I do think she has done remarkably well to rebuild her life after the divorce...

I was under the assumption that The Queen paid off Sarah's bills the first time, but when she ran up another healthy tab The Queen (rightly so IMHO) refused to pay off her debts for a second time. Did Sarah really expect to get bailed out a second time? If she did, then she is a very slow learner. :rolleyes: The debts combined with the photos did nothing to endear her to the BRF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well she has several commercial endorsements that she does, most famous (or INFAMOUS if you will) is for Weight Watchers.
Oh, I see, Well, she did lose a lot of weight. I wonder she eats a lot of Weight Watchers Heinz soup etc ?

Anyway, if she has no other means to earn her living etc, then, she just has to take whatever she is offered (within reason) as long as they pay her, I suppose.

She divides her time between New York City and Britain.

What makes you say she lives in NYC? I live in the NYC area and she is NEVER in the press. Knowing the NYC papparazzi, they would be all over her, if she lived here.

Scooter, some magazine just did a big layout of her and her apartment in NYC. It's in the current events thread for Sarah

Scooter, some magazine just did a big layout of her and her apartment in NYC. It's in the current events thread for Sarah

What is her apartment in NYC like ? Now I remember she used to have her office or something inside the World Trade Centre. Was it something to do with her charity or something ?

I never knew she had an apartment here in New York.

You know i'm starting to like her, as she has just recently stuck for her eldest daughter, about unkind comment made about her daughter when she was photographed in the bikini.

You know i'm starting to like her, as she has just recently stuck for her eldest daughter, about unkind comment made about her daughter when she was photographed in the bikini.

But do you think this was a diplomatic or even clever thing to do? She's now told the media that
a) Bea reads articles like that and is hurt by them.
b) Bea is not yet grown-up in her mum's eyes but needs protection.
c) (that's between the lines) Bea's mum thinks herself that while bea has a lot of achievements, she is not a beauty.
d) Bea's mum can be reached on attacking her daughter.

Sorry, but for me this is much too much to give away to the vipers of the tabloids. IMHO there should never have been a comment from Bea's side or her family's side. But that's Sarah for you.

(More about that on the Bea-thread, if you are interested.:flowers:)

I'm sure as a parent her first instinct is to defend and protect her daughter. However, I think the morons who write that sort of stuff do it to generate drama. Rather than take the bait, I think Sarah (and B) should simply ignore such insignificant commentary. If B is truly concerned, she should take measures (privately) to perhaps curb more negative comments. Otherwise, I wouldn't give credence to any of it by acknowledment.

And I just can't warm up to her. I try and I try, but she just rubs me the wrong way.
You're a better person than I am Kezza! :flowers:

I actually don't know enough about her to like her or dislike her. It seems like she has made some mistakes though...

I hope that I am not too caustic for my fellow board members, but I have no tolerance for Sarah or her ways nor did I ever. I thought that it would be a mistake from the beginning.

I agree with all you said, it shocked me a little to see her on her wedding day walking down the aisle (beautiful dress) winking at her friends...... Something I have never seen before and hope I will never see again.
About the tiaras, I should imagine they belong to the Queen, she lends her tiaras to family for occasions.

About the tiaras, I should imagine they belong to the Queen, she lends her tiaras to family for occasions.
I don't know the context of this comment as there is nothing about tiaras on the previous three pages, but apart from the Duchess of Cornwall (and possibly the Princess Royal in November 2005) HM doesn't loan out tiaras.

I don't know the context of this comment as there is nothing about tiaras on the previous three pages, but apart from the Duchess of Cornwall (and possibly the Princess Royal in November 2005) HM doesn't loan out tiaras.

An ex of princess Beatrice (Paolo? - the man-slaughter guy) described a visit to Royal Lodge where Beatrice allegedly showed him the room prince Andrew had decorated as remembrance of Sarah and he said that "Sarah's tiara" was kept there in a locker. So probably she owned one which is now in the possession of the Duke of York.

The infos from that article:
Gin and Ribena For Her Majesty Mummy's Room with a tiara by the bed, Prince Andrew's secret staircase and a plate of very fine sausages... Princess Beatrice's ex reveals life at Royal Lodge

Last edited:
I have to say, I've always had some doubts about Paolo's story because I was under the impression that Sarah stayed in the maid's quarters there and also, why would Andrew have that tiara now? Is he going to wear it? That tiara was a wedding gift to Sarah from the Queen and Duke. While she's not going to wear it now, it is still hers and I'd say we'll see it on Bea and Eugenie when they stroll down the aisle.

I have to say, I've always had some doubts about Paolo's story because I was under the impression that Sarah stayed in the maid's quarters there and also, why would Andrew have that tiara now? Is he going to wear it? That tiara was a wedding gift to Sarah from the Queen and Duke. While she's not going to wear it now, it is still hers and I'd say we'll see it on Bea and Eugenie when they stroll down the aisle.

Yes, but do you think somebody could invent this? And they have to keep the tiara somewhere... why not in this locker? :D

Beatrice and Eugenie will probably be able to wear the tiaras on their wedding days anyway. After all, it's still kept within the family.

And about why it's in Andrew's possession and not Sarah's, it might have been something, that they agreed on during their divorce.

Last edited:
Regarding the tiara, it more-than-likely was a gift to the Duchess of York, the title not the person. When Sarah and Andrew divorced, it would have fallen into the Duke of York's possession, not his ex-wife. I'm sure Pss B and E will be able to wear it at their weddings - if they choose - but it will ultimately be saved for the next Duchess of York whomever (and whenever) she will be.

So it was a gift to whoever is the Duchess of York at the moment rather than to one single Duchess of York as an individual? Okay, that was interesting to know!

We don't know. It is a presumption which may or may not be correct. However, there's a logic to what Bella has said regarding Andrew retaining physical possession of the tiara.

So it was a gift to whoever is the Duchess of York at the moment rather than to one single Duchess of York as an individual? Okay, that was interesting to know!
Don't quote me, I was just saying that, from what I know/have learned about pieces of jewelry (for which I believe a tiara qualifies) being given to titled persons on occasions such as marriages and births, they are usually given to the title rather than the individual person. Now if HM gave that tiara as a personal gift to Sarah then it would be Sarah's regardless of what became of her marriage to the Duke of York. And she could do with it as she pleased; pass it on to one of her daughters, give it away, sell it. I guess the question is How was the tiara given to Sarah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom