The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is quite ridiculous. The queen must have become aware that no charity was going to touch Andrew, she may have had a sheltered life but she's not a fool. Im sure she accepted that and just hoped that Andew could do some work in private, that might keep him busy

Last edited:
To me King Charles III will wait until his Coronation and then will be free to do what he wants.

To me the King will family harmony in the family for his Coronation.

Andrew will be at the coronation, no doubt, but Charles will have to show the public he is in his place. Whether it be the absence of a uniform, or placement in a seat. He has enough to deal with on the Sussex end, that Andrew will be happy to be there.

Profumo had an affair with a model not a prostitute and then lied about it in parliament. He wasn't friends with a prolific sex offender. Profumo worked behind the scenes for charity and didn't seek any public roles. The situations are very different and I doubt any charity would want to link themselves with Andrew.

Christine Keeler was basically a call girl, which is why Stephen Ward was arrested for pimping and then committed suicide. Andrew's involvement disgusted people, but it didn't potentially threaten national security (or bring down a government).

And no, it's exceptionally unlikely Andrew has the sort of humility that allowed Profumo to quietly work for the benefit of others and eventually redeem himself, which is why he's done precisely nothing in that direction so far.

Andrew will be at the coronation, no doubt, but Charles will have to show the public he is in his place. Whether it be the absence of a uniform, or placement in a seat. He has enough to deal with on the Sussex end, that Andrew will be happy to be there.

I would sit him next to Harry and Meghan :lol:. But that aside, Andrew will never recover from his association with Epstein unless he takes his pride down a notch and showed any form of disgust from his association with the Epstein couple, plus show sincerity that he has learned a lesson from this. Kind of the USA's court mandated community service. In his case a good way would be to help agencies that fight exploitation of minors, modern slave trade on sex workers that often take their own lives. That would show his remorse on his past actions and his attempt to help people like the ones exploited by Epstein.

Will he do it? I doubt it. He seems too full of himself to admit his errors of judgement.

It woudl not matter, what Andrew did. It seems in today's world you are unlikely to come back form this sort of sexual scandal and Andrew was not wanted to do any quiet helping work during the Pandemic. so I dont think tere's much point in his trying.

Christine Keeler was basically a call girl, which is why Stephen Ward was arrested for pimping and then committed suicide. Andrew's involvement disgusted people, but it didn't potentially threaten national security (or bring down a government).

And no, it's exceptionally unlikely Andrew has the sort of humility that allowed Profumo to quietly work for the benefit of others and eventually redeem himself, which is why he's done precisely nothing in that direction so far.
He did do some packing food for NHS workers, I believe a while ago, which was being done also by Sophie, and when it was heard about he had to stop. I dont think he is the sort of person who would devote himself to something like that, but even if he did, he would not be allowed to do it..

I dispute your comments about Keeler and Ward as there was no evidence to support them and Ward's trial was a sham. I'll leave it there as it's off-topic.

In his case a good way would be to help agencies that fight exploitation of minors, modern slave trade on sex workers that often take their own lives. That would show his remorse on his past actions and his attempt to help people like the ones exploited by Epstein.

Aside from the fact that Andrew is well known for being rude, arrogant, pompous and abrasive, what on earth would he actually do to help? I doubt that any agency or charity would want Andrew's name linked to them as I think it's unlikely they'd risk losing financial donors just to help restore his reputation.

I suppose if he were permitted to, he would do the same as all royals and patrons do, go to events, solicit donations, make speeches and perhaps help behind the scenes.

I dispute your comments about Keeler and Ward as there was no evidence to support them and Ward's trial was a sham. I'll leave it there as it's off-topic.

Not sure what there is to dispute, since Ward was arrested for pimping and committed suicide. Those are facts, whether you believe them to be justified or not.

Keeler's promiscuous lifestyle would have remained her own business had she or someone had the simple foresight to realize seeing British and Soviet government officials at the same time was an incredibly stupid idea.

[.....]

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew could a) do charity work under the radar b) find a real job under the radar.

Charities wouldn't likely want him for any public role, but he could do private things (although not anything to do with minors). He could find a real job where he could use his talents (whatever they are). Even if he only worked two days a week, it would give him some purpose.

In order for him to do either of these things, he would have to do a lot of soul searching, swallow his pride and buckle down and do a day's work. At his age, when people are retiring, it isn't easy to find work, but there are lots of people who need tutoring in ESL (again, not kids!), for example. He would need to come down off his high horse and get his hands dirty. It could be done if he wanted to.

Queen ‘suggested Prince Andrew take on charity work’ to clear his name after scandal

Oh dear, his PR team surely has been working overtime ....:ermm:

Seriously, what's wrong with living a quiet private life? He's 62, most people in that age are preparing their retirement lives anyway, why he's still thinking about returning to public life? It's not as if he's in risk of becoming homeless or needing work to buy food.

Yukari, I'm 62 now, 2 years retired, and with absolutely no intention of ever putting again a suit and tie and head to the office.

Andrew needs to settle down, make an assessment of his source(s) of income vs monthly or annual expenses and just enjoy a life of freedom away from the limelight. King Charles has no use for him nor put up with shenanigans and yet, seems Andrew can comprehend rejection.

We are seen a person whose Ego is bigger than his royal job.

Andrew could a) do charity work under the radar b) find a real job under the radar.

Charities wouldn't likely want him for any public role, but he could do private things (although not anything to do with minors). He could find a real job where he could use his talents (whatever they are). Even if he only worked two days a week, it would give him some purpose.

In order for him to do either of these things, he would have to do a lot of soul searching, swallow his pride and buckle down and do a day's work. At his age, when people are retiring, it isn't easy to find work, but there are lots of people who need tutoring in ESL (again, not kids!), for example. He would need to come down off his high horse and get his hands dirty. It could be done if he wanted to.

Those are great ideas. The problem is to make him see options to his public relations predicament. Maybe his daughters and Sarah can do a private intervention. He needs to understand to recover some sort of credibility in public life he needs to accept advice.

Aside from the fact that Andrew is well known for being rude, arrogant, pompous and abrasive, what on earth would he actually do to help? I doubt that any agency or charity would want Andrew's name linked to them as I think it's unlikely they'd risk losing financial donors just to help restore his reputation.

Good point, and that's why he needs to assess his conduct and the perception he gives when in public. He, Andrew, is his worst enemy.

He could not do any private things for a charity. It would leak out and he would be forced to stop. He has worked all his royal life, so its not as if he's done nothing, but he's not going to get any work in the charity sector and probalby not in the private sector either.

Maybe his daughters and Sarah can do a private intervention. He needs to understand to recover some sort of credibility in public life he needs to accept advice.

Eh....I probably wouldn't take their advice either. It's been said that Beatrice or Sarah actually suggested the awful tone deaf interview he did in the first place.

the queen agreed to the interview,

I don't know why Andrew couldn't pack food boxes or man soup kitchens.
What would be the risk?
Even a retired person needs to maintain some useful interest
Maybe he could grow vegetables and box them for care homes.
He could take needy folk on golf tours for a treat.
Visit older people who have no vsiitors and read to them.
Ride his horses through various parts of the UK photographing native plants for scientific purposes.
Andrew could never take up royal duties again due to extreme bad judgement in befriending Epstein. And the media never leave the topic alone.
He will not disappear. He has not been found guilty of anything.
He did make a caring companian to his mother. He's loyal to his family.

Should Andrew's dalliances with Guiffre be further disproved could his standing ever improve? If he went to court and won.
Could the media ever be forced to stop reporting on his past?

Last edited:
I don't know why Andrew couldn't pack food boxes or man soup kitchens.
What would be the risk?
Even a retired person needs to maintain some useful interest
Maybe he could grow vegetables and box them for care homes.
He could take needy folk on golf tours for a treat.
Visit older people who have no vsiitors and read to them.
Ride his horses through various parts of the UK photographing native plants for scientific purposes.
Andrew could never take up royal duties again due to extreme bad judgement in befriending Epstein. And the media never leave the topic alone.
He will not disappear. He has not been found guilty of anything.
He did make a caring companian to his mother. He's loyal to his family.

Should Andrew's dalliances with Guiffre be further disproved could his standing ever improve? If he went to court and won.
Could the media ever be forced to stop reporting on his past?

Its been said now dozens of times. No charity wants Andrew working for them even in a low level capacity.
and Andrew does not have the talents to do most of the things you suggest, He is not going to ride horses around to take photos.. why not just go in a car? He's not likely to be reading to old folks, or take people on golf tours. He's not a naturally friendly or warm hearted guy and he's not got the humility to do anything of that nature. ANd even if he did, no charity would permit it.

Last edited:
Giving in a charitable way through no formal entity other than his own could help needy folk. Should Andrew wish to do that of course.
Do you not think that people would use boxes of vegies grown byAndrew?

I imagine Andrew could also be very useful in cataloging historical data, paperwork, letters etc. collected during the lives of his mother and father.
An historian could find him invaluable as an assistant.

If Andrew has had any interest in gardening and growing vegetables in his gardens for the benefit of others he has certainly kept it hidden in the last 40 years of his adult life. Why would he suddenly develop it now at over 60 years of age?

And the Royal Archives and Royal Library at Windsor and BP have a team of fully trained professionals in charge of the historical collections of past royals, including both private and public documents.

Although they do welcome volunteers, they would have to undergo some training and have a working historical knowledge in order to really assist. Again, there has never been any sign, as far as I know, of Prince Andrew having any interest in collating or cataloguing documents of any kind.

Last edited:
Yes, though people do cultivate new skills once retired if they wish to be involved in community and to be useful. Andrew can't work part time in his old field so I won't be surprised if he participates in something other than exercising the horses, dogs and grandchildren.

Andrew is not going to be able to do anything like this. If he wants to do something, of a work nature, it will have to be privately arranged with his friends or family, who will be willing to be very discreet about it. YOu do know that when the scandal hit, most of the charities he had worked with dropped him and he had to announce that he was giving up his work.

Giving in a charitable way through no formal entity other than his own could help needy folk. Should Andrew wish to do that of course.
Do you not think that people would use boxes of vegies grown byAndrew?

I imagine Andrew could also be very useful in cataloging historical data, paperwork, letters etc. collected during the lives of his mother and father.
An historian could find him invaluable as an assistant.

I've previously made suggestions of things he could do but they all require him having a subservient role due to his lack of expertise. Given the numerous reports of his arrogant, bombastic character, it's likely that working in any role requiring a modicum of humility would be beyond him.

I've previously made suggestions of things he could do but they all require him having a subservient role due to his lack of expertise. Given the numerous reports of his arrogant, bombastic character, it's likely that working in any role requiring a modicum of humility would be beyond him.

He cant do anything. Even if he was willing to wash dishes in a homeless shelter for 10 years behind the scenes, I dont think any charity would accept him as a volunteer. the message seems to be very clear that charities just wont/cant use him.

He cant do anything. Even if he was willing to wash dishes in a homeless shelter for 10 years behind the scenes, I dont think any charity would accept him as a volunteer. the message seems to be very clear that charities just wont/cant use him.

There are things he could do outside of the charity sector but they all require him to take an assistant / learner / low-profile role. I'd be surprised if he could do that for very long, if at all.

I can't see non charities being willing to take him on either. If it came out that he was working in some business, there would be a major hoo ha. Same with jobs in the voluntary sector, like for example assisting in a museum or the like. Noone is going to take him on except perhaps friends who can find some use for him perhaps in some sports related business and it would all have to be hush hush..

Back
Top Bottom