The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just an observation. There has been a suggestion that the Queen could be reading Andrew the riot act during their ride. I seriously doubt that they are discussing anything more serious than the weather or the horses given that they are riding in very close quarters with two people who are not family but employees.

I think Andrew really needs to lay low for a good long while. Someone also needs to tell his ex to keep her mouth shut as she is only making things worse.

I think him stepping down is a good idea and hopefully he is gone for good. You would
think that common sense would have said , this man has been in jail I should not be associated with him. Andrew chose to put on blinders he has no one to blame but himself
for this mess. i feel for the Queen she is his mother even is she is Queen first.

The hysteria, at this stage anyway, is becoming exaggerated. Prince Andrew has obviously been involved in some unsavoury activities but he has not yet been interviewed by police let alone charged with any crime, however, people are talking about him being sent into exile and even suggesting the Queen should disown her son! Andrew has stepped down from his duties but will likely still be at those annual functions the entire royal family appears for and be included at most of their private gatherings as well. This seems perfectly reasonable to me.

He has the lease and the house can only go to his widow of his daughters. So frankly there’s a more sensible reason for it not being their then him being kicked out of his own home.

If PA were smart, he'd say that Bill Clinton and Jeff Epstein were close friends, and he (PA), like Bill, didn't do anything improper or untoward. PA needs to also say that his accusers are trying to extort money from him, and that he won't succumb to their blackmail. He needs to underscore that he's for Truth, Justice, and the UK way. Finally, if he were charged w/ a crime, then Bill should be charged too.

Last edited by a moderator:
If PA were smart, he'd say that Bill Clinton and Jeff Epstein were close friends, and he (PA), like Bill, didn't do anything improper or untoward. PA needs to also say that his accusers are trying to extort money from him, and that he won't succumb to their blackmail. He needs to underscore that he's for Truth, Justice, and the UK way.

That is actually what Donald Trump for example would say if he were in Prince Andrew's situation !

But then again, Trump is far more used to being in situations like that than Andrew who, as most royals, is not terribly in tune with "the real world".

Last edited:
The standard thing is most likely that is was taken down before all this and is no longer wanted or being repaired. As much action as the royals have taken I can't see them insisting on taking down Andrew's own standard. Even the Duke of Windsor kept his own personal standard. Even if HM and Charles had insisted it was not flown it would be pretty quick to have the flagpole down already. HM didn't seem to think or care she was pictured with Andrew so why they would think and take action about Andrew's personal standard also being in view seems odd. Just IMO.

What will be interesting is what happens now about it, will a new one be put up in time and face the DM and others saying its part of Andrew's rehabilitation or will they just keep it as nothing even if a new pole and flag was planned in time.

The standard thing is most likely that is was taken down before all this and is no longer wanted or being repaired. As much action as the royals have taken I can't see them insisting on taking down Andrew's own standard. Even the Duke of Windsor kept his own personal standard. Even if HM and Charles had insisted it was not flown it would be pretty quick to have the flagpole down already. HM didn't seem to think or care she was pictured with Andrew so why they would think and take action about Andrew's personal standard also being in view seems odd. Just IMO.

What will be interesting is what happens now about it, will a new one be put up in time and face the DM and others saying its part of Andrew's rehabilitation or will they just keep it as nothing even if a new pole and flag was planned in time.

The way I see it is that no matter what happens, Andrew is and always will be The Prince Andrew, Duke of York just by heredity much like Harry will always be a ginger and HM will always be known as having the affectionate terms accredited to her like "cabbage" and "Lilibet". A zebra cannot change his stripes into a leopard's spots. You made a good point here, tommy, stating that the Duke of Windsor even with the abdication behind him, remained being a Prince of the UK and a duke. Those he attained solely through birth and not by earning the honorifics.

No matter what happens with Andrew in the future, it cannot and will not change who he is and who his family is. His standard is a reflection of his hereditary position and will remain. What has changed immensely is through his own personal choice of words and actions, he's suffering from his own attitudes and arrogance and lack of connection to the situation around him and its repercussions. Lets just say Andrew has earned himself some not so nice adjectives to go before his name. Those are really what matter when it comes to reputation.

Last edited:
There is another possibility with the standard. If it has always flown when he is in residence. with the flag pole is now gone, the press won't be able to tell if he is there or not. That will make them crazy.

'Motherly Love' isn't {l imagine} something that can be turned off like a tap - do some here seriously think HMQ could/would/should shun her Son. because he made errors of judgement ?

If any do.. i'd hate to be their offspring...

'Motherly Love' isn't {l imagine} something that can be turned off like a tap - do some here seriously think HMQ could/would/should shun her Son. because he made errors of judgement ?

If any do.. i'd hate to be their offspring...

Sometimes, even, the best way for a mother to love her son is to apply "tough love" which sometimes has the parent saying "this is going to hurt me more than its going to hurt you" as the kid faces a whupping for a major offense or misdeed as a small child.

Its no different with the Queen and her second son. HM (as both Andrew's "boss" and mother) has done what was needed to be done and its signed, sealed and delivered. Loving her son means letting him face and feel the reactions to his actions that are warranted through his own choices. The Queen will never stop loving Andrew but that doesn't mean she actually has to like his actions as a person or even character traits he exhibits as a person.

Perhaps the hardest part of it all for the Queen is realizing that her son is approaching 60 years old and still doesn't know any better and keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over again without lessons learned. That, too, is totally on Andrew and no one else.

Then again, something has been pointed out to me recently which applies to Andrew's situation now. A mother never, ever gives up hope when it comes to her child and the loving bond between mother and child is eternal no matter what happens. I truly believe this to be true.

The way I see it is that no matter what happens, Andrew is and always will be The Prince Andrew, Duke of York just by heredity .

The titular dignity of prince with the style of Royal Highness is not actually conferred by law in the UK , but rather by royal prerogative. My understanding then is that the Queen can strip Andrew of his princely title on her own discretion.

The Queen cannot however remove Andrew from the line of succession as the line of succession is defined by law and can only be changed by an act of Parliament. Since an act amending the law of succession would also affect the other Commonwealth realms, consent from the realms would be required under the Statute of Westminster before the act could come into force in the UK.

The Queen can't strip Andrew of his peerages either since no one who holds a peerage can be deprived of it except, again, by an act of Parliament.

Last edited:
Sometimes, even, the best way for a mother to love her son is to apply "tough love" which sometimes has the parent saying "this is going to hurt me more than its going to hurt you" as the kid faces a whupping for a major offense or misdeed as a small child.

Its no different with the Queen and her second son. HM (as both Andrew's "boss" and mother) has done what was needed to be done and its signed, sealed and delivered. Loving her son means letting him face and feel the reactions to his actions that are warranted through his own choices. The Queen will never stop loving Andrew but that doesn't mean she actually has to like his actions as a person or even character traits he exhibits as a person.

Perhaps the hardest part of it all for the Queen is realizing that her son is approaching 60 years old and still doesn't know any better and keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over again without lessons learned. That, too, is totally on Andrew and no one else.

Then again, something has been pointed out to me recently which applies to Andrew's situation now. A mother never, ever gives up hope when it comes to her child and the loving bond between mother and child is eternal no matter what happens. I truly believe this to be true.

I couldn’t agree more. You’re last point is especially poignant. Is the Queen, would any parent, give up on their child as a lost cause? Of course not. Andrew deserves the thorough beating he’s taking, but he still has a life to live. Does anyone really think the Queen wants him to just lol about and live an sad, empty life like her uncle David did? Andrew may not be performing official royal duties, but he can still try and do some good in this world. He can’t make it up to the people he’s hurt, but he can still help others. I imagine the Queen has said something like this to her son, or will. He can show his daughters that it’s never too late to change, also.

If Princess Eugenie announces a baby is to be born, concentrate on her and Jack Brooksbank's happiness. Do not concentrate on the fact that Prince Andrew is her father.
Also, on Princess Beatrice's wedding day, concentrate on the bride. Do not concentrate on Andrew.

If Princess Eugenie announces a baby is to be born, concentrate on her and Jack Brooksbank's happiness. Do not concentrate on the fact that Prince Andrew is her father.
Also, on Princess Beatrice's wedding day, concentrate on the bride. Do not concentrate on Andrew.
What she said!

Looks like Beatrice had a hand in setting up Andrew's train wreck interview

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...r-Prince-Andrews-car-crash-BBC-interview.html

Oh.dear. The press is going to have a field day. The article says Bea should not be held accountable but...she's 31 years old and sat in on the meeting with the reporter. She may have had doubts but the final decision was hers to encourage her father to do the interview.

:previous: Consider the source. That's what says it all in a nutshell. ;)

I think some of the blame for Andrews problems belong to his parents.
He was spoiled and allowed to let his ego run wild. It seems like no one bothered
to teach him empathy towards others.

He was spoiled and allowed to let his ego run wild. It seems like no one bothered

As a naval officer, Andrew had servicemen under his command in several occasions. It would be interesting to hear from them about Andrew's empathic skills. As it would be interesting to hear from people who benefitted from several charities and organizations Andrew was involved in.

As I mentioned before, in his latest assignment as honorary colonel of the Grenadier Guards, Andrew has been praised by the guardsmen for taking a personal interest in them and their families, which seems to be at odds with his depiction as someone who lacks empathy. His daughters have also praised him as a loving and caring father.

Last edited:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...r-Prince-Andrews-car-crash-BBC-interview.html

Oh.dear. The press is going to have a field day. The article says Bea should not be held accountable but...she's 31 years old and sat in on the meeting with the reporter. She may have had doubts but the final decision was hers to encourage her father to do the interview.

The article states that she sat in on the meetings along with Andrew's wildly incompetent but very influential secretary Amanda Thirsk. Beatrice
wavered from the beginning, and finally reluctantly agreed. Probably giving in to the influential Amanda who was always the most gung ho.

This is probably The Fail's way of painting the entire York family as deserving of the same opprobrium as Andrew. It's a despicable rag...yesterday they had a snide and spitefully hopeful article about the girls losing their "perks" (" What Will Happen to Papa's Little Princesses"?):bang:

Today was Beatrice's turn. Soon it will be Eugenie in the hotseat with the allegation that her husband's employer Casamigos tequila provided the TV crew with refreshments after the interview.:cool:

The idea that ANYONE other than Andrew is responsible for that mess is ridiculous. Even the comments on the article are mostly pro-Beatrice!

Last edited:
I Don't specially like his daughters but I think it is unfair to drag them into this !

To clarify things here, empathy is the ability to feel what someone else is going through and they actually *feel* and *share* the emotions that someone feels. Sympathy is the ability to express one's dismay they themselves feel when hearing of someone else's loss or misfortunes. There are many women out there that can empathize with what the victims of Epstein are going through because they've been there themselves in some way, shape or form. Others express sympathy for the victims because of what happened to them is abhorrent and uncalled for as being inhumane and it comes from a personal point of view.

One cannot be "taught" emotions. I cannot teach my husband, who is by nature more or less a negative person, to be positive any more than I can teach him to put on makeup or choose the right body shaping undergarments. Its just not in him to want to or even crosses his mind. I'm sure that over his almost 60 years, Andrew's had more experiences than most of learning to feel towards other people but it, again, just isn't in his nature to do so at times. Its not his mother's fault or his Navy training but is actually just Andrew's nature and how he expresses himself. He can still be the most wonderful and loving daddy to his girls and, on the other hand, have the attitude that the "little people are beneath his notice". Its things like this that make people unique and Andrew is a character unto his own self and sometimes found to be lacking.

Even with the best of examples from a parent, the child may go totally the opposite way as they grow up and begin to express themselves. Parents are the teachers and the mentors but they never, ever should do the homework for the child or the child doesn't learn much from the lesson. ?

The only person that’s really at fault here is Andrew. The women in his life shouldn’t be used as scapegoats.

Why do you keep posting Daily Mail articles that literally all contain the words “insider source” and stating them as fact? This is the same newspaper that is connected to the one currently being sued by The Duchess of Sussex.

That says it all about the reliability of this information.

As a naval officer, Andrew had servicemen under his command in several occasions. It would be interesting to hear from them about Andrew's empathic skills. As it would be interesting to hear from people who benefitted from several charities and organizations Andrew was involved in.

As I mentioned before, in his latest assignment as honorary colonel of the Grenadier Guards, Andrew has been praised by the guardsmen for taking a personal interest in them and their families, which seems to be at odds with his depiction as someone who lacks empathy. His daughters have also praised him as a loving and caring father.

Permit me to try an offer an explanation to the observations regarding sympathy and Empathy you and Osipi have made.

IMO Andrew is perfectly able to show empathy, sympathy and compassion to his family, friends and his "comrades in arms."
While at the same time have problems (maybe) with extending these emotions to those who do not belong to those groups.

There is nothing odd in that, in fact I dare say it's very common indeed.
The military encourage and foster a deep-rooted sense of camaraderie, and the joining of a brotherhood (that has nothing to do with gender BTW). There are of course practical reasons for that in the military.
(Of course not only in the military, but also in schools and sports clubs.)
So the veterans and the families of veterans he served with at the Falklands are his brothers in arms. And he will feel a very strong bond with them. And do what he can to help and support and offer genuine sympathy. (Ultimately such bonds are so strong that many are prepared to, even willing, to die for their comrades.)
The guards, belongs in Andrew's eyes, to the same fraternity that he does. I.e. the armed forces. So he can and will and indeed has been trained to care for his men. Example: A British officer is instilled not to start eating until he has ensured all his men are or can be fed.
That is IMO the same concern he show for the guards.

It's a basic human trait. The belonging of a group and ultimately ensuring the survival of the group. Which is why a man like Andrew might very likely walk over the top in front of his men towards the machine guns, but at the same time order the burning of a village without having any sympathy for the villagers.

It's an interesting paradox, but logic when you think of it. All that matters is your brotherhood, your tribe, your clan, your country... And that's who you feel for. Everybody else, well...
And perhaps it's a psychological coping mechanism? A survival mechanism from a time when the world was more brutal than today?

I have known men, who would cheat on their wives at the drop of a hat, but who wouldn't dream of even looking at the wife of a comrade out of respect, even love of that comrade.

I think in order to get inside the head of Andrew, these are things we should consider.

So Andrew may not show sympathy for the victims of Epstein, simply because he doesn't feel any - they are outside his "sphere of brotherhood", so to speak.
While at the same time genuinely care for and feel deep sympathy for the wife of a veteran. Because she belongs the "sphere of brotherhood."

Last edited:
As much as I love arm chair psychology - I do presume that you mean Andrew instead of Edward here.

The only person that’s really at fault here is Andrew. The women in his life shouldn’t be used as scapegoats.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie told Andrew many times what he wanted to hear, she took money for arranging meetings with him, we only know about it because she was caught once, I don't want to know what else has been going on for many years, when it comes to moral or ethics these 2 bring out the worst in each other.
Regarding Bea & Eugenie, yes they love their parents but blind and naive support does not excuse everything. At the end of the day, they both have always benefited from the money/lavish lifestyle their parents sported so openly, so better not ask any questions where it might be coming from.

I did. :whistling:

Fixed.

I blame my mistake on the weather. ;)

And add, that I do not suggest that Andrew cannot feel sympathy for people outside the circles I outlined, of course he can, but that sympathy for such people simply isn't the first thing that comes to his mind.
In other words: I suggest he doesn't feel immediate sympathy (in most cases) for people he doesn't relate to.

Last edited:
The press has a juicy royal scandal that it will feast on for months or as long as the Espstein case is open with DM leading the way. It already put Meghan's name it , claiming she was appalled by the interview; and now it is claiming William is not a fan of Andrew and had a say with the queen and Charles to give Andrew the boot from royal duties. Christmas at Sandringhan is going to be messy this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom