The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this right.

It's acceptable for the US to refuse to extradite someone accused of causing the death of teenage motorcyclist Harry Dunn in England, but Prince Andrew MUST go to the US to give evidence? Both individuals 'enjoy' Diplomatic Immunity.

Does anybody else see this as strangely 'unequal' ?
I agree with you 100% on this. Anne Sacoolas caused another person's death and she should be extradited.

Yeah the US claim that Anne's husband was a diplomat (which he wasn't) and therefore she is covered by diplomatic immunity (which she is not). Oh and Trump suggesting that its unavoidable as those darn Brits drive on the opposite side of the road. :bang:

Maybe the Brits should turn the tables and claim Andrew has diplomatic immunity as well. Make a trade you want our diplomatically immune possible pedophile, we want your diplomatically immune reckless driver who killed someone (proven and not suspicion).

And FBI can ask the necessary questions, with some limitations, even if, repeat if, they are trying to build a case against him.
The most important difference, as I see it, is that FBI can't detain him - not that they would anyway IMO.

As the FBI investigates federal crimes, there isn't anything even remotely that suggests that they'd be investigating Andrew unless they had specific information that leads them to believe that Andrew, himself, was actually involved in the sex trafficking of women.

The allegations that Andrew had sex with an underage woman is not a federal crime and wouldn't be part of an FBI investigation. As the Met Police have decided not to pursue their investigation into the allegations, right there it nulls and voids conditions for extradition to the US.

Its my thinking that the only thing holding Andrew back from cooperating with the FBI is Andrew himself. He's not as forthcoming as he led people to believe he is.

Oh hardly. Situations such as these are handled on a diplomatic level and, from what the Met has stated, he is not the subject of the case but rather someone who "might" know something of value. For that they could fly to the UK.

The Diplomatic relations between the UK and the US are at an all time low. Andrew, the two Bill's Donald and even MBS et al, may also "know something" but we don't hear they are lining up to speak with the FBI.

However, I would imagine the request to interview Andrew smacks of "he's not one of us" and the FBI sniping via The Guardian et al will only incense Whitehall and the Foreign office who would expect to have been formally approached by the State Department ad is the norm for such cases.

Since they are basically insulting the Diplomats whose preview this falls under and Andrew himself does not have an international warrant out, I expect he will have been advised by both the FO and the Met not be a gullible fool who fly off to NY and allow himself to be done over like a dogs dinner.

MBS orders journalists murdered and personally engages in cyber warfare and he's not being dragged in the media.

The Duke of York is said to be “angry and bewildered” about claims he has failed to cooperate with US investigators over the Jeffrey Epstein inquiry, saying he has not been approached to speak about the case.

The New York state attorney, Geoffrey Berman, has accused Prince Andrew of “zero cooperation” and not responding to requests by the FBI and US lawyers for an interview over his friendship with the disgraced financier.

Andrew is “more than happy to talk [but] hasn’t been approached by them yet,” sources insisted.

Buckingham Palace refused to comment on Berman’s claims, made at a news conference in New York on Monday, saying the matter was being dealt with by the prince’s legal team.

According to sources, Andrew is “committed to the legal process”. One reportedly said: “He is angry about the way this is being portrayed and bewildered as to why this was said in New York.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...laims-not-cooperating-jeffrey-epstein-inquiry

The Duke of York is said to be “angry and bewildered” about claims he has failed to cooperate with US investigators over the Jeffrey Epstein inquiry, saying he has not been approached to speak about the case.

The New York state attorney, Geoffrey Berman, has accused Prince Andrew of “zero cooperation” and not responding to requests by the FBI and US lawyers for an interview over his friendship with the disgraced financier.

Andrew is “more than happy to talk [but] hasn’t been approached by them yet,” sources insisted.

Buckingham Palace refused to comment on Berman’s claims, made at a news conference in New York on Monday, saying the matter was being dealt with by the prince’s legal team.

According to sources, Andrew is “committed to the legal process”. One reportedly said: “He is angry about the way this is being portrayed and bewildered as to why this was said in New York.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...laims-not-cooperating-jeffrey-epstein-inquiry
Sorry, when it was Andrew v. Virginia he said/she said, the argument could be made that Andrew was telling the truth and Virginia wasn’t. When a prosecutor says Andrew isn’t cooperating - the prosecutor isn’t making that up.
As for why Andrew’s legal team is dragging their feet on this - who knows, but my suspicion is that they are targeting Ghislaine and if Andrew lies about his dealings with her and knowledge of her and of Epstein’s activities he opens himself up to charges of a different sort. Remember Martha Stewart wasn’t convicted of insider trading, she was basically convicted of lying to investigators.
Interesting times ahead for the Queen’s second son.

Interesting.
Surely they didn't approach him via a postcard?

There must be channels and procedures for wishing to question a foreigner, residing in a foreign country. Especially a prominent member of a royal family.
And both the FBI and the New York State Attorney must be familiar with them.
So whatever is going on, it doesn't make sense to me.

Interesting.
Surely they didn't approach him via a postcard?

There must be channels and procedures for wishing to question a foreigner, residing in a foreign country. Especially a prominent member of a royal family.
And both the FBI and the New York State Attorney must be familiar with them.
So whatever is going on, it doesn't make sense to me.
Quick correction - it was a federal prosecutor not a NY state prosecutor, as far as I know this is strictly a federal investigation.

First and foremost, Andrew would actually have to be accused of a crime, arrested and indicted on that crime before standing trial. The crime would have to be recognized as a crime in both the US and the UK and carry a penalty of a year or more jail time.

Well I was speaking hypothetically - I don't think they'll really charge him with anything. But if what the girl is claiming is true, that she was trafficked and was having sex with Andrew against her will she is accusing him of something that is a crime in both the US and the UK. Her age wouldn't matter if she were being trafficked.

I dont think that he's going to do that. He made such a mess of defending himself on TV, Im sure that the Royal advisers are nervous of what stupid things he might say to the FBI...even if he's not guity of anything...
besides, its pretty obvious that Andrew doesn't notice things that much He may well feel that he doesn't remember anything that might be helpful so its best not ot put himself into talking with a bunch of FBI agents. HIs arrogant attitude that he just expects there to be "people around him" and his rich friends, who are - servants, masseurs, asistants, dogsbodies … and he does not really see such people.. so he is not likely to come out with anything helpful.

"Helpful" -- for whom? He's a teeny bit of a loose cannon and can be very helpful to the opposition because of his blinkered arrogance. He is known for not taking advice from courtiers.

This is a shame, as he was such an inspiration when he was fighting for the UK in the Falklands and the most handsome man in England.

Maybe he agreed to an interview with Emily Maitlis to help boost Fergie with her new line of Duchess products.

Looks like the Queen and Charles had another summit at Sandringham......they're getting used to this, lol (though actually it's kind of sad)

THE Queen and Prince Charles held an emergency meeting to discuss scandal-hit Prince Andrew.

They took time out from royal estate business at Sandringham to chat about “family matters”.

A royal source said: “Both had hoped the Duke of York could perhaps be rehabilitated back into public life in time but that is now looking increasingly unlikely.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10851264/queen-prince-charles-emergency-meeting-prince-andrew/

I have to admit I am disgusted by the action of members of the Federal investigation into the Epstein affair. Giving interviews about Andrew's supposed worth to an investigation that will never go to trial. Making it seem like he he is a felon hiding from them from behind his name and location

I'd love to see them try this on some of the great and good in the U.S. The lawsuits would be flying and indignant outrage would fill the headlines.

Basically I believe the have a large number of the top 5% might've, could've, should've, would've or perhaps maybe. "What" is the question they can't answer through either lack of diligence or lack of intelligence.

However, the rot does start from the top and they appear to be forgoing such trivialities as procedure and the law in an attempt to satisfy the sensibilities of those concerned.

One thing for sure is that if the federal investigation really did want to talk to Andrew about what he *may* know, going about it stating publicly that he's not "cooperating" and "ignoring requests" isn't going to make Andrew or his legal team eager to bounce into their office with information any time soon and spill the beans.

One thing for sure is that if the federal investigation really did want to talk to Andrew about what he *may* know, going about it stating publicly that he's not "cooperating" and "ignoring requests" isn't going to make Andrew or his legal team eager to bounce into their office with information any time soon and spill the beans.

Agreed.....again with the bull in the china shop. There's no reason to go public with this unless they're trying to put pressure on the BRF or others to somehow force Andrew to talk.......as if they can do that.

This, if true, is another sick and sad thing about his role.
I hope they will do anything they can, but doubt it and compared to what would happen to a " nobody" this information spread now is a very little action, maybe to rise some smoke when there is no fire/ or interest to really put Andrew into the trouble he deserves!

I have to admit I am disgusted by the action of members of the Federal investigation into the Epstein affair. Giving interviews about Andrew's supposed worth to an investigation that will never go to trial. Making it seem like he he is a felon hiding from them from behind his name and location

I'd love to see them try this on some of the great and good in the U.S. The lawsuits would be flying and indignant outrage would fill the headlines.

Basically I believe the have a large number of the top 5% might've, could've, should've, would've or perhaps maybe. "What" is the question they can't answer through either lack of diligence or lack of intelligence.

However, the rot does start from the top and they appear to be forgoing such trivialities as procedure and the law in an attempt to satisfy the sensibilities of those concerned.

So you believe Andrew should be treated better?
It is a sad fact that abuse of children is a tabu in many societies, instead of helping the victims and stopping this crime, society turns them into feeling guilty.
This is disgusting.

This, if true, is another sick and sad thing about his role.
I hope they will do anything they can, but doubt it and compared to what would happen to a " nobody" this information spread now is a very little action, maybe to rise some smoke when there is no fire/ or interest to really put Andrew into the trouble he deserves!

What trouble does he deserve? Being called into court about the allegations put against him by Virginia Roberts Giuffre? If that was to happen, it would be a matter for a civil court and not any way connected to the federal investigation into sex trafficking.

There is absolutely no indication that Andrew is being looked at whatsoever for a federal or international level crime nor has he been accused or alleged to have a reason to be looked at for a crime at this kind of a level. The federal investigation is proceeding ahead to find and prosecute those that aided and abetted Epstein in his sex trafficking ring of underage girls. That's *not* Andrew.

I have to admit I am disgusted by the action of members of the Federal investigation into the Epstein affair. Giving interviews about Andrew's supposed worth to an investigation that will never go to trial. Making it seem like he he is a felon hiding from them from behind his name and location.

Has Prince Andrew not started this by declaring his will to co-operate with law enforcement?

Now the press was asking: And, does he? And then the Feds claimed, he is not answering their calls...

At least, if I remember it right...

Has Prince Andrew not started this by declaring his will to co-operate with law enforcement?

Now the press was asking: And, does he? And then the Feds claimed, he is not answering their calls...

At least, if I remember it right...

Andrew was indeed asked whether he would willing to help out in the investigation. He was clearly hesitant and uncomfortable and referred to the need to ask for legal advice (like any other person) but that he would be willing to do so IF his legal team ok-ed it. Apparently, his legal team advised him not to answer any questions (presumably because it might backfire as someone explained based on the by now well-known lecture).

Last edited:
I looked up his exact words from the original interview:

I: "Would you be willing to testify or give a statement under oath if you were asked?"
DoY (all the while shaking his head): "Well, I'm like everybody else and I would have to ehm take all the legal advise ehm that there was before I was to to do that sort of of thing but if push came to shove and the leg (cough) the legal advice was to to do so than I would be dutybound to do so."

So, that doesn't really sound as if he was 'willing'; more like he would only do so if he had no other option...

Last edited:
I looked up his full words from the original interview:
I: "Would you be willing to testify or give a statement under oath if you were asked?"
DoY (all the why shaking is head): "Well, I'm like everybody else and I would have to ehm take all the legal advise ehm that there was before I was to to do that sort of of thing but if push came to shove and the leg (cough) the legal advice was to to do so than I would be dutybound to do so."

So, that doesn't really sound as if he was 'willing'; more like he would only do so if he had no other option...

After the interview Prince Andrew made a statement, in which he said this:
"Of course, I am willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required."

As far as I see it SDNY is working its reputation on going after and taking down powerful people. The prosecutors don't care that Andrew is royal; they see him as a British national who may have knowledge or played a role in crimes against U.S. citizens.

For me, I think the Fed's main interest in Andrew most likely is his connection and friendship with Ghislaine Maxwell. They're most likely more interested in finding Maxwell and prosecuting her than actually try and pin anything on Andrew.

As far as I'm aware, there's been no hint of Andrew committing any kind of a crime against U.S. citizens that the federal investigation would be looking at.

After the interview Prince Andrew made a statement, in which he said this:
"Of course, I am willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required."

Thanks!

The key word might be required... He didn't say requested...

Thanks!

The key word might be required... He didn't say requested...

If he gets an official request from the FBI, to his lawyers, and still stalls or refuses to go... that is one thing. But Im sure he is wary of talking to them and unless he can tell them where Ghislaine Maxwell is, he may not be much use to them.

If he gets an official request from the FBI, to his lawyers, and still stalls or refuses to go... that is one thing. But Im sure he is wary of talking to them and unless he can tell them where Ghislaine Maxwell is, he may not be much use to them.

Wouldn’t he be a direct witness of Maxwell’s position and duties in the Epstein ‘operation’. I’m sure he must know things that would help them build a case against her.

What trouble does he deserve? Being called into court about the allegations put against him by Virginia Roberts Giuffre? If that was to happen, it would be a matter for a civil court and not any way connected to the federal investigation into sex trafficking.

There is absolutely no indication that Andrew is being looked at whatsoever for a federal or international level crime nor has he been accused or alleged to have a reason to be looked at for a crime at this kind of a level. The federal investigation is proceeding ahead to find and prosecute those that aided and abetted Epstein in his sex trafficking ring of underage girls. That's *not* Andrew.

Osipi, I thought you had seen the interview and recognised the truth behind his words.
Anybody ( and I do) who can read bodylanguage could very very easily see whats going on.

Wouldn’t he be a direct witness of Maxwell’s position and duties in the Epstein ‘operation’. I’m sure he must know things that would help them build a case against her.
It would depend how much time he spent with them or what he witnessed. He may well know things but I think careful questioning would be necessary - because Andrew is pretty stupid to get useful information out of him.

Last night I got deeper in all the details available and I can't see how Maxwell will ever go to court. She and her family have endless connections into politics and society, she is most probably in Israel who will protect her and there are too many persons who fear to get into trouble if she talked......
Disgusting,sad and unbelievable but to me it looks as if nothing was going to happen. When she gets bored of staying in one place, there are possibilities aswell, when you are connected to Mossad... nothing is impossible. And Maxwell suddenly dying from whatsoever is another possibility, like Epstein did, but that'll take some time, too.
Andrew can be happy, I think there is hardly danger for him, though he definitely lied in this TV interview and there is still Ms Giuffre who deserves her case recognised! I am not likely to make up prejudices but this time I do believe Andrew is guilty. Giuffre is not a Monica Lewinsky or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom