The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People that are legends in their own mind rarely see how other people see them. This was proven in the interview. He was probably truly shocked at the reactions that occurred in the aftermath of that disastrous interview.

That being said, I think he is going to be in for even more eye openers as people that once stroked his ego and kowtowed to him realize that the golden child they were dealing with is only coated with fool's gold. I think Andrew is about to find out who are his real friends in life and who were those that just gave lip service to him because of what Andrew could do for them. Y'know, the thing so important to Andrew himself. Connections.

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt." :D

Watching a documentary on Prince Andrew, very knteresting, so many invitations over 30 years to Balmoral, Windsor, Sandringham and Ascot, so many photographs show Maxwell or Eppstein with Andrew, unbelievable. I hope the British people will insist on further investigation and consequences for Andrew. So not let these victims alone ans do not let guilty persons away with this, no matter whose son he is! Disgusting.

He deserves the mess he got into. It's a good thing he did the interview. It showed people the true Andrew and it's ugly. We're past the time where priviliged people get away without facing the consequences of their abominable behaviour
Well I don't know about that. It seems that Harvey Weinstein is well on the way to an out of court settlement, much to the pain and disgust of those who laid bare their bitter experience.

Planned or not, Prince Philip's stay at hospital will draw most attention for a few days, good for Amdrew.

There really isn't going to be much to focus on Andrew anymore as there's really nothing new coming out. Anything in the future will depend on things that happen in the Epstein case itself that involves Andrew or if Ghislaine Maxwell surfaces publicly.

A sense of proportion

I am no fan of the Duke of York. I have found him to be quite arrogant. But I have to admit to being puzzled over the vitriolic comments made about him and the disassociation organisations are making from him without the Duke actually being charged, arrested, taken to trial or formally being found guilty. At the moment the horrible accusations are allegations, but in this modern world it seems an allegation is enough to ruin one’s reputation.
Americans want the Duke to stand trial - fair enough but at least charge him and let the courts do their work, don’t leave it to the media to be judge and jury.
And if the Americans are so keen to have justice done then allow the extradition of one of their diplomat’s wife to the UK to stand trial for the murder of the teenager she ran over - she has admitted killing him but ran away and refuses to stand trial in the UK. Trump has refused to wave her diplomatic immunity even though he acknowledges she killed a teenage boy.
What is the difference? Someone who has not been charged is found guilty by the American media but someone who admits killing someone is given a safe haven. There does seem to be some double standards occurring here. I suspect many Americans know nothing of the death of the English teenager by one of their countrymen, but know a lot about the allegations concerning the Duke of York.
The Duke deserves a fair trial if the allegations are true, not a trial by gossip, innuendo and media speculation.

I am no fan of the Duke of York. I have found him to be quite arrogant. But I have to admit to being puzzled over the vitriolic comments made about him and the disassociation organisations are making from him without the Duke actually being charged, arrested, taken to trial or formally being found guilty. At the moment the horrible accusations are allegations, but in this modern world it seems an allegation is enough to ruin one’s reputation.
Americans want the Duke to stand trial - fair enough but at least charge him and let the courts do their work, don’t leave it to the media to be judge and jury.
And if the Americans are so keen to have justice done then allow the extradition of one of their diplomat’s wife to the UK to stand trial for the murder of the teenager she ran over - she has admitted killing him but ran away and refuses to stand trial in the UK. Trump has refused to wave her diplomatic immunity even though he acknowledges she killed a teenage boy.
What is the difference? Someone who has not been charged is found guilty by the American media but someone who admits killing someone is given a safe haven. There does seem to be some double standards occurring here. I suspect many Americans know nothing of the death of the English teenager by one of their countrymen, but know a lot about the allegations concerning the Duke of York.
The Duke deserves a fair trial if the allegations are true, not a trial by gossip, innuendo and media speculation.

The British media is frying Andrew at every opportunity. It is bringing up every unsavory and sketchy thing he has allegedly done. As for the diplomat's wife she should answer for what she has done in a UK court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew will not be extradited to the US for questioning. That much I know. In order to be extradited, Andrew would have had to commit a crime that is recognized as a crime by both the US and the UK. At this time, Andrew has not been indicted for any crime whatsoever.

Americans want the Duke to stand trial -...
To quote my grandmother - two wrongs don’t make one right.
I’ve followed the whole Epstein saga fairly closely & I’ve not seen any groundswell of demands in the USA or elsewhere that Andrew be prosecuted for committing a crime. A few of the victim’s lawyers want him to answer questions, but that’s far short of demanding criminal charges be brought.
Regarding the ‘disassociation’ of organizations - I’d call it distancing - they are primarily British organizations and associated themselves with Andrew in the first place I assume because his association raised their profile and improved their fund raising. Even if Andrew committed no crimes, his documented sybriatic lifestyle, financial shenanigans, and the arrogance and entitlement he showed in his televised interview caused a lot of people to dislike his lifestyle and attitude. I know if an organization chooses to associate with someone I don’t admire or I dislike I don’t donate to them. Likewise, I scrutinize their spending, and if too much goes to non charitable activities, or they’re spending too much on what I call high profile fundraising excuses to throw a party for the rich and famous I don’t donate. I assume the organizations have distanced themselves from Andrew because associating with him has a negative impact on the bottom line.

https://news.google.com/articles/CA...2Nb3CjDivdcCMKuvhQY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en
Looks like the FBI is focusing on Ghislaine Maxwell - I’m not surprised at that - & at present have no plans to interview Andrew. Let’s hope Andrew has learned from his mistake in remaining friends with Epstein and doesn’t repeat it with Ghislaine, particularly since there is at least one account from a young adult woman that Ghislaine facilitated introducing her to Andrew, conduct similar to Ghislaine procuring minors for Epstein. See this article - for references, which I believe I’ve linked previously as well https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/07...bring-women-to-buckingham-palace-report-says/

Last edited:
Americans want the Duke to stand trial

I suspect many Americans know nothing of the death of the English teenager by one of their countrymen, but know a lot about the allegations concerning the Duke

None of these statements are universally true.

In fact, I’d say most Americans don’t know or care much about Andrew and his involvement. There are bigger names in the U.S. to focus on.

99 percent of the Americans I know (in real life) have no idea about Andrew...they don't even know his name or family connection unless you explain who he is. Even among the very few ppl I know who do know who he is...none of them are talking about this situation.

LaRae

:previous: Same here. I work around mostly highly educated millennials. Outside of Kate/Wiiliam and Meghan/Harry they have no clue about anything concerning European royalty and they care even less.

That goes double for my family and friends.:cool:

Last edited:

"Americans" don't want Prince Andrew to do anything. As someone else pointed out, aside from William, Harry, and their spouses, most Americans know jack and squat about the BRF and its goings-on. There are too many things going on in this country right now that demand our attention. Prince Andrew and his unseemly, unsavory, and downright disgusting friends don't even rank. Frankly, Americans should be more concerned with Bill Clinton and Donald Trump's association with Jeffrey Epstein than Prince Andrew's.

:previous: Same here. I work around mostly highly educated millennials. Outside of Kate/Wiiliam and Meghan/Harry they have no clue about anything concerning European royalty and they care even less.

That goes double for my family and friends.:cool:

I agree. And even with Kate/William and Meghan/Harry, most Americans don't know much, and care even less.

Social media and the tabloid press skew our perceptions in the TRF bubble. All the drama attached to the British royals over the last year or so isn't even a blip on most Americans' radar.

I think there is as much and more interest in the US on Royal affairs as there is in Brtiain….

I think there is as much and more interest in the US on Royal affairs as there is in Brtiain….

There isn't. I can assure you. People may be curious about the Cambridges and Sussexes because of William and Harry, but that's all. The news in this country does not focus on the BRF unless it concerns one of those two or someone died. It certainly doesn't focus on Randy Andy and who he pals around with. Any conversation about Jeffrey Epstein's friends here has been centered on Bill Clinton and Donald Trump, as far as big names go, not the Duke of York. There's also a lot of focus on the manner of his death and how it was allowed to happen. That's it.

We've got too many other important things to worry about.

If going by my other half who is far more interested in American politics and "breaking news" than I am, there's also very little interest actually in Jeffrey Epstein. I'll mention something going on with the investigation and he'll go "Who's Epstein?"

Once Epstein died and the front page news on him went away (for the most part), people lost interest. If they're not talking about Epstein at all, they're most certainly not talking about Andrew's involvement with him. Even the other half asked me to explain to him exactly who Andrew is. He recognizes the Queen, Charles and perhaps William and Harry and that's about the size of it. :D

I’m not sure why you are pointing a finger at Americans and the American media when it’s the British media that are all over of the Andrew/Epstein scandals, as they should be since it involves a member of the British Royal Family which represents the British Government/People. The American media has other fish to fry. As others have already pointed out, most Americans could care less about Andrew and few younger than 50 would even know who he is. Only those that pay attention to the happenings of the Royal family and what is reported by the British media would even know what a huge story this has been.

We all know Andrew will never be charged with anything whether he is guilty or not simply because of who he is. Victims be damned. As with every scandal he has brought upon the Royal Family they prefer that it gets swept under a priceless Persian rug and everyone goes about their business waiting for the media to direct their attention elsewhere. Not this time.

Andrew destroyed his own life with his decisions and actions. HE decided to do that interview which clearly showed the world what an arrogant, entitled, unsympathetic liar he is. The public reaction and the media frenzy afterwards is all on him. I personally applaud the British media for keeping the Epstein scandal and His other shady dealings in focus and not allowing it to be swept aside.

I agree. And even with Kate/William and Meghan/Harry, most Americans don't know much, and care even less.

Social media and the tabloid press skew our perceptions in the TRF bubble. All the drama attached to the British royals over the last year or so isn't even a blip on most Americans' radar.

That sums it up. Royalty is not something Americans really focus on. Even the better known ones- K/W and H/M. We have our own issues. Andrew certainly isn’t one of them. It’s not a conversation topic, that’s for sure. No one I know is talking about this.

That sums it up. Royalty is not something Americans really focus on. Even the better known ones- K/W and H/M. We have our own issues. Andrew certainly isn’t one of them. It’s not a conversation topic, that’s for sure. No one I know is talking about this.

Im surprised there isn't some interest, since ANdrew's downfall has come about because of his association with Epstein..who is American and who "knew everyone who was important" in American life, in recent years.

Im surprised there isn't some interest, since ANdrew's downfall has come about because of his association with Epstein..who is American and who "knew everyone who was important" in American life, in recent years.

But Epstein himself is dead now. The story died largely with him- and probably will until/unless someone is arrested in connection with this. For sure- Americans aren’t clamoring for Andrew’s arrest. I forget who said we are, but hardly. Most people couldn’t tell you who he is. Much less wanting his arrest. Want to talk about a subject Americans are passionate about one way or another: Trump. Andrew- no.

Andrew’s downfall had more to do with his choice to do that hideously ill advised interview imo than the actual association with Epstein. He’d probably have been okay if he’d shut up.

The only reason I'm familiar with who Jeffrey Epstein was and his association with Andrew is because of my interest in the BRF and being a member here. Even Epstein's first arrest didn't register with me and only became of interest to me when Andrew's involvement with Epstein was made public knowledge here at TRF. Most Americans saw a blip on the news probably with the first arrest and then paid it no mind until Epstein was arrested the second time and then died by suicide or homicide (take your pick) a short while afterwards.

Most people still probably aren't aware of the "high profile American" names associated with the perverted lifestyle of Epstein and his cronies as those stories are not making headlines too much here in the States. Most of what I know of them come from following this thread here.

what about Trump? I gather he was one of the people that Epsstein hung around with.. or did he bail quickly enough to avoid too much scandal? (Not to mention Clinton_). I thought that Epstein was well known because he was someone who had managed to develop relationships with the rich and famous...

Nope. Even Trump's connections to Epstein rarely makes the news here which actually is a bit surprising to me too. Same with Bill Clinton. No one knew *anything* about people and their association with Epstein until after his second arrest last summer. Epstein, himself, wasn't well known to the public at all along with many of the people he associated with (like the guy that owned the Victoria's Secret chain).

So, in this respect, Andrew's involvement with Epstein is really seen as small potatoes here in the States. If Epstein, himself wasn't well known, neither were the people involved with him except for their own "newsworthy" stories in politics or finances or by being high profile people on their own. ?

The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy (2010-2019)

Nope. Even Trump's connections to Epstein rarely makes the news here which actually is a bit surprising to me too. Same with Bill Clinton. No one knew *anything* about people and their association with Epstein until after his second arrest last summer. Epstein, himself, wasn't well known to the public at all along with many of the people he associated with (like the guy that owned the Victoria's Secret chain).

So, in this respect, Andrew's involvement with Epstein is really seen as small potatoes here in the States. If Epstein, himself wasn't well known, neither were the people involved with him except for their own "newsworthy" stories in politics or finances or by being high profile people on their own. [emoji2]

Totally agree with that assessment.

Regarding Trump, Clinton, etc not making news here either re Epstein, part of it I think comes down to the fact they’re only known to have associated with him, which defines a very long list of wealthy, powerful people. But no one (that I’m aware of) has suggested their involvement with him goes beyond socializing with him. Andrew is at a disadvantage there.

You’re right: I don’t think anyone knew who Epstein was until last summer. He wasn’t known to the public. This isn’t like say the downfall of Bill Cosby. People didn’t know who he was. Epstein surrounded himself with well known, powerful, rich people, but he wasn’t well known himself.

So, yes, Andrew is very small potatoes here.

what about Trump? I gather he was one of the people that Epsstein hung around with.. or did he bail quickly enough to avoid too much scandal? (Not to mention Clinton_). I thought that Epstein was well known because he was someone who had managed to develop relationships with the rich and famous...

Why is Trump being brought into the topic of Epstein/Andrew scandal? He has nothing to do with this particular discussion.

Here in Britain the scandal has gained some interest, also in those who didn't really know Andrew or follow the BRF previously. It came up as one of the discussions at my family Christmas meal, and has also been something I've joined in with discussions in at work and elsewhere. Andrew's interview with Emily Maitlis was also no.1 trending here on Twitter at the time it was aired. But, it's a big scandal that one of "our" royals is most likely involved with, so I guess it's only natural that it's news here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom