The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt QEII will act, but perhaps Charles or William will decide that only those currently working as members of the ‘firm’ or honorably retired from such work will henceforth be addressed as HRH. George V limited who could be an HRH in 1917, George VI denied the honor to the Duchess of Windsor, QEII denied an HRH to ex wives.

As apaling as his behavior is there’s no evidence he committed a crime. AFAIK, he has never been accused of having sex with someone HE KNEW was trafficked. So, unless some evidence comes to light that he knew, he’s just guilty of being an arrogant dumb-dumb- - which is hardly earth shattering for the Windsors.

On what grounds would it be deemed the right thing to do to remove his HRH? Because he behaved badly, immorally, brought disgrace to himself and the rest of the British Royal Family?

Removal of a HRH sets a precedence. We saw that with Diana's divorce from Charles, the Queen removed her HRH *but* it was deemed that *all* divorced wives of a HRH had their HRH removed and therefore Sarah lost hers too. It involved letters patent. There has to be a solid reason to remove a HRH.

So, lets say the Queen decides that because of bad behavior, immoral activities etc, its grounds to remove Andrew's HRH. With that being the precedent set that certain behaviors deem the removal of a HRH, then it would also stand to reason that she would also then remove Charles' HRH for *his* not so upright behavior in the past. Its just logic. :D

are you seriously comparing Charles' behaviour to Andrews>???

are you seriously comparing Charles' behaviour to Andrews>???

Yes. On a morality scale, Charles behaved badly in his private life. So did Andrew. So do a lot of people that don't make the news or are royals and public figures. We *know* Charles committed adultery and has admitted it himself. Andrew has been accused of illicit sex yet still proclaims his innocence.

So who is the judge to determine whose behavior is worse the the other guy's? Who deems one person's mistakes as less than the other guy? If a HRH is taken away by "bad behavior", then "bad behavior" applies equally to one and all.

Yes. On a morality scale, Charles behaved badly in his private life. So did Andrew. So do a lot of people that don't make the news or are royals and public figures. We *know* Charles committed adultery and has admitted it himself. Andrew has been accused of illicit sex yet still proclaims his innocence.

So who is the judge to determine whose behavior is worse the the other guy's? Who deems one person's mistakes as less than the other guy? If a HRH is taken away by "bad behavior", then "bad behavior" applies equally to one and all.

I'm sorry but I think we should be able to agree that knowingly having sex with a victim of trafficking or having sex with an underaged child (before people get excited there is no evidence that Andrew did either) is not the moral or legal equivalent of adultery.

Of course Andrew's foibles are/were more dastardly and morally bankrupt (if its proven that he, indeed, did participate in what he's been accused of participating in). For him, there is no excuse for that sort of behavior. With adultery, there are and can be many reasons behind said actions and are frowned upon but in some cases, can be understood why such actions were taken.

The point I was trying to make though is not to put Andrew's behavior on par with Charles' or anyone else's but to illustrate a point that if Andrew were to be deprived and stricken of his HRH for "bad behavior", then anyone else holding a HRH could also be deemed eligible to lose theirs for their own "bad behavior".

It, to me, fits into the concept that should Charles issue letters patent at the start of his reign that Camilla would be "Princess Consort", it then would apply to every Queen Consort to follow her. With removing titles and styles and such as the UK traditions dictate, it isn't done on a personal basis but as a standard way of doing things going forward. ?

Of course Andrew's foibles are/were more dastardly and morally bankrupt (if its proven that he, indeed, did participate in what he's been accused of participating in). For him, there is no excuse for that sort of behavior. With adultery, there are and can be many reasons behind said actions and are frowned upon but in some cases, can be understood why such actions were taken.

The point I was trying to make though is not to put Andrew's behavior on par with Charles' or anyone else's but to illustrate a point that if Andrew were to be deprived and stricken of his HRH for "bad behavior", then anyone else holding a HRH could also be deemed eligible to lose theirs for their own "bad behavior".

It, to me, fits into the concept that should Charles issue letters patent at the start of his reign that Camilla would be "Princess Consort", it then would apply to every Queen Consort to follow her. With removing titles and styles and such as the UK traditions dictate, it isn't done on a personal basis but as a standard way of doing things going forward. ?
That makes sense. However, I think a reasonable standard would be to strip the HRH from someone who commits a violent felony - murder, rape, child sexual assault, etc. That would enable the monarch to truly distance himself or herself from a truly despicable person.

This is what I would think would be the logical course to follow also. With this in mind, to have Andrew stripped bare of his HRH, he would have to be accused, indicted, tried and convicted of a crime. That would set a precedent for *any* HRH going into the future where felonious criminal activity would see him totally ostracized, ousted and barred from any kind of association with the institution of the monarchy and the royal family.

What this effectively points out is that Andrew should *not* be stripped of his HRH for "bad behavior" as Denville has stated that he should be. As it stands now, Andrew is pretty much ostracized from the "Firm" and working for the monarchy and to me, that is enough punishment at this time. Should he be convicted of a crime in relation to his involvement with the Epstein/Maxwell circus, I may change my mind about removing his HRH. Until then.....

It, to me, fits into the concept that should Charles issue letters patent at the start of his reign that Camilla would be "Princess Consort", it then would apply to every Queen Consort to follow her. With removing titles and styles and such as the UK traditions dictate, it isn't done on a personal basis but as a standard way of doing things going forward. ?[/QUOTE]

Unless stated as a subsequent spouse of the monarch, and/or not the mother of the heir apparent.

Nope. The Royal men in line to the throne want a Queen by their side. Otherwise what is the point of being Regnant if you cannot at least elevate your wife to a Queen Consort rank. This might be the only person a King can trust day to day.

I'm curious, what is the actual process for one to lose their HRH? Just supposing its revealed that Andrew wasn't as much a "bystander" as we think he was or if he is found to have committed a crime. Is this something only the Queen can initiate? I remember Diana losing her HRH after her divorce to Charles. Obviously unrelated situations but the only time I'm aware a member of the BRF has lost their HRH. Would this actually change Andrews day to day life other than perhaps further disgrace him considering he's now a non working member of the family. What royal perks would be taken away that haven't all ready?

Last edited:
Its up to the queen... she can give the HRH or take it away. Sarah and Diana both lost their HRHs as they were no longer married to royals... and the point is to disgrace him. He has behaved dreadfully. He still has his status as HRH and Duke of York. he still lives comfortably, still as far as I know has taxpayer funded security, and who know if he's still doing deals whit dubious people now that he has no royal duties.
He has had the disgrace of having to officially give up his duties, but that's all...

Andrew isn't under investigation, let alone a convicted criminal. He is accused by a woman of having had sex with her, when she was 17 .. which even is true, is no reason to take away his HRH. His HRH is because he is the son of THE Queen. For no other reason he is HRH. Even if he did do a murder, he would be still The Queens son and an HRH.

The Queen could throw him out of all his knighthoods I supose, as they are batches of honor and service to the crown.

Andrew isn't under investigation, let alone a convicted criminal. He is accused by a woman of having had sex with her, when she was 17 .. which even is true, is no reason to take away his HRH. His HRH is because he is the son of THE Queen. For no other reason he is HRH. Even if he did do a murder, he would be still The Queens son and an HRH.

The Queen could throw him out of all his knighthoods I supose, as they are batches of honor and service to the crown.

he has behaved disgracefully. He has been involved with 2 people who were pimps and allowed Ghis Maxwell to be photographed in the palace..
He's been allowing someone to supply him with girls who were trafficked and who were borderline under age.. He possibly didn't notice but he was at the very least very close to law breaking and it wasn't for having a busted light on his car.
And if he did "do a murder" I hope he woudl certainly be stripped of his HRH.

The United Kingdom should not consider any legal request by the United States regarding Prince Andrew until the United States hands over Anne Sacoolas.

The United Kingdom should not consider any legal request by the United States regarding Prince Andrew until the United States hands over Anne Sacoolas.
This is a point of view that I've seen mentioned by many British commenting on different forums. Why should the UK hand over someone to the USA who has denied doing the same.

Not even close to being in the wheelhouse to make negotiations. Anne Sacooolas has been charged with a crime. Andrew has not. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that the UK should "hand over" Andrew to anybody.

Not even close to being in the wheelhouse to make negotiations. Anne Sacooolas has been charged with a crime. Andrew has not. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that the UK should "hand over" Andrew to anybody.

There could be a sealed federal indictment against Prince Andrew already. Such indictment can under federal law remain sealed for up to 20 years.

There could be a sealed federal indictment against Prince Andrew already. Such indictment can under federal law remain sealed for up to 20 years.

Let’s be realistic: The UK is never going over to hand over a senior member of their RF unless there is absolutely no question of their guilt in committing a serious crime. I do not see this happening any time soon

There also could be a petition with 4,243,032 signatures on it to put Prince Andrew on the ballot for President of the United States too.

A Federal US indictment for a crime has to meet certain criteria also for the UK to extradite Andrew to the US for a federal crime committed in the US. The crime would have to be a crime in both the US and the UK with a sentence of no less than a year in prison.

As things stand now. Andrew is not being accused, indicted or even being looked at having him committed a crime in any sense of the word. The Metropolitan Police investigated into Virginia Guiffre's claim that Andrew had sex with her in London. As the age of consent for sex in London is 16, the Met Police saw no reason to investigate further. Mind you, there were no hints or allegations surrounding sex trafficking. It was a case of Guiffre against Prince Andrew solely on the fact they had sex (which actually has never been deemed factual as Andrew still proclaims his innocence).

US indictments may remain sealed for 20 years in the US but as Andrew isn't a US citizen, there'd be a lot of other hoops to go through before the UK would "hand him over" to the US for federal prosecution. #1 would be to actually *accuse* him of committing a crime which, to my knowledge, hasn't happened.

So far, what's been disclosed about Andrew in the Ghislaine Maxwell court documents is are all the same allegations, and I make the point they're allegations, and no hard documentary evidence whatsoever.

Now, that doesn't mean that Andrew hasn't acted disgracefully. However, there is, so far, no evidence of a crime.

There also could be a petition with 4,243,032 signatures on it to put Prince Andrew on the ballot for President of the United States too.

That would be one pointless petition since any voter casting his or her vote in the U.S. Presidential election can already put Prince Andrew on the ballot by simply writing him in. (Naturally would Prince Andrew be constitutionally barred from taking up the U.S. Presidency in the event that he would the election.)

A Federal US indictment for a crime has to meet certain criteria also for the UK to extradite Andrew to the US for a federal crime committed in the US. The crime would have to be a crime in both the US and the UK with a sentence of no less than a year in prison.

The way for the SDNY to get their hands on Prince Andrew is to interview him in order to lure him into the Perjury Trap. Hence why the Feds are so eager to interview him and why the members of Prince Andrew's legal team are going out of their way to keep him away from the FBI. And in England and Wales perjury carries a penalty of up to seven years imprisonment and under federal law perjury carries the punishment of up to five years in prison. Perjury therefore is an extraditable offence. And then time has come to really throw the book at him.

As things stand now. Andrew is not being accused, indicted or even being looked at having him committed a crime in any sense of the word. The Metropolitan Police investigated into Virginia Guiffre's claim that Andrew had sex with her in London. As the age of consent for sex in London is 16, the Met Police saw no reason to investigate further. Mind you, there were no hints or allegations surrounding sex trafficking. It was a case of Guiffre against Prince Andrew solely on the fact they had sex (which actually has never been deemed factual as Andrew still proclaims his innocence).

Very unfortunately for Prince Andrew the SDNY will dig much deeper, while smartly keeping their cards close to their chests. That is, until it is unsealing time.

US indictments may remain sealed for 20 years in the US but as Andrew isn't a US citizen, there'd be a lot of other hoops to go through before the UK would "hand him over" to the US for federal prosecution. #1 would be to actually *accuse* him of committing a crime which, to my knowledge, hasn't happened.

The SDNY plays the long game, slowly but surely working towards their goals.

That would be one pointless petition since any voter casting his or her vote in the U.S. Presidential election can already put Prince Andrew on the ballot by simply writing him in. (Naturally would Prince Andrew be constitutionally barred from taking up the U.S. Presidency in the event that he would the election.)

The way for the SDNY to get their hands on Prince Andrew is to interview him in order to lure him into the Perjury Trap. Hence why the Feds are so eager to interview him and why the members of Prince Andrew's legal team are going out of their way to keep him away from the FBI. And in England and Wales perjury carries a penalty of up to seven years imprisonment and under federal law perjury carries the punishment of up to five years in prison. Perjury therefore is an extraditable offence. And then time has come to really throw the book at him.

Very unfortunately for Prince Andrew the SDNY will dig much deeper, while smartly keeping their cards close to their chests. That is, until it is unsealing time.

The SDNY is also smart. They are not going to risk US-UK relations unless they can prove that Andrew is a much bigger fish (he helped with the trafficking and financially benefited from it etc.). If all they have is what he’s been “accused” of so far it not worth the hassle

That example was actually just me making a sarcastic example of a petition in the US that would go absolutely nowhere and be considered on the ridiculous side. :D

Throw the book at him for exactly what? What crime has he committed that he would even lie about? Consensual sex with a woman in London he spent a few hours with out dancing? Yes... the SDNY would love to interview Andrew and ask him questions and have him answer them but those questions would be in relation to getting information about someone else that they're going to try to prosecute for totally different crimes that don't involve Andrew whatsoever.

If I'm not mistaken, the SDNY isn't looking into indicting or prosecuting *any* of the men that "participated" in events that involves the young girls that were procured and groomed and controlled by Epstein along with his main cohort, Ghislaine Maxwell. Maxwell is their main concern and the charges of sex trafficking are levied against her and *no* one else at this time.

Any victim that comes forward and names Andrew as one they were forced by Epstein/Maxwell to have sex with Andrew could file their own claims in civil court but it would have no relation whatsoever with what the federal investigation and case filed in SDNY are pursuing now. Virginia Guiffre filed a claim with the Metropolitan Police in London. They investigated her claim and found no reason to pursue the investigation any further as it was deemed that Andrew did *not* commit a crime.

For Andrew to be prosecuted by US federal law in regards to Andrew in relation to Maxwell's crimes, they would have to have to know beyond a reasonable doubt that Andrew *knew* about the sex trafficking. Its my opinion that Andrew wasn't that big of a fish in the Epstein pond to be part of that "inner circle". Epstein and Maxwell were very, very painfully careful to cover the inner workings and kept evidence to guarantee people kept their mouths shut.

So tell me, Harald, what heinous and despicable crime did Andrew commit that the SDNY would consider digging deeper and deeper into Andrew? What do they hope to "trap him into perjury" about? Do you feel that Andrew perhaps was one of the ringleaders in this sex trafficking operation? Do you think Andrew benefited financially from all this? Do you believe that Andrew is even smart enough to recognize that something was very wrong with what was going on in Epstein's circle just because Andrew spent some time associating with the "rich and famous" lifestyle Epstein had?

Me? I'm not going to hold my breath that Andrew will ever be accused, indicted and prosecuted for a federal crime in the US. Sleeping with an underage girl in the US is called statutory rape and is deemed as:

"Statutory rape refers to sexual relations involving someone below the "age of consent." People who are underage cannot legally consent to having sex, so any form of sexual activity with them violates the law. ... Most laws on this subject are state rather than federal ones."

For Andrew to be prosecuted *federally*, there would have to be evidence without a reasonable doubt that he was involved with *sex trafficking" rather than "statutory rape".

That example was actually just me making a sarcastic example of a petition in the US that would go absolutely nowhere and be considered on the ridiculous side. :D

Throw the book at him for exactly what? What crime has he committed that he would even lie about? Consensual sex with a woman in London he spent a few hours with out dancing? Yes... the SDNY would love to interview Andrew and ask him questions and have him answer them but those questions would be in relation to getting information about someone else that they're going to try to prosecute for totally different crimes that don't involve Andrew whatsoever.

If I'm not mistaken, the SDNY isn't looking into indicting or prosecuting *any* of the men that "participated" in events that involves the young girls that were procured and groomed and controlled by Epstein along with his main cohort, Ghislaine Maxwell. Maxwell is their main concern and the charges of sex trafficking are levied against her and *no* one else at this time.

Any victim that comes forward and names Andrew as one they were forced by Epstein/Maxwell to have sex with Andrew could file their own claims in civil court but it would have no relation whatsoever with what the federal investigation and case filed in SDNY are pursuing now. Virginia Guiffre filed a claim with the Metropolitan Police in London. They investigated her claim and found no reason to pursue the investigation any further as it was deemed that Andrew did *not* commit a crime.

For Andrew to be prosecuted by US federal law in regards to Andrew in relation to Maxwell's crimes, they would have to have to know beyond a reasonable doubt that Andrew *knew* about the sex trafficking. Its my opinion that Andrew wasn't that big of a fish in the Epstein pond to be part of that "inner circle". Epstein and Maxwell were very, very painfully careful to cover the inner workings and kept evidence to guarantee people kept their mouths shut.

So tell me, Harald, what heinous and despicable crime did Andrew commit that the SDNY would consider digging deeper and deeper into Andrew? What do they hope to "trap him into perjury" about? Do you feel that Andrew perhaps was one of the ringleaders in this sex trafficking operation? Do you think Andrew benefited financially from all this? Do you believe that Andrew is even smart enough to recognize that something was very wrong with what was going on in Epstein's circle just because Andrew spent some time associating with the "rich and famous" lifestyle Epstein had?

Me? I'm not going to hold my breath that Andrew will ever be accused, indicted and prosecuted for a federal crime in the US. Sleeping with an underage girl in the US is called statutory rape and is deemed as:

"Statutory rape refers to sexual relations involving someone below the "age of consent." People who are underage cannot legally consent to having sex, so any form of sexual activity with them violates the law. ... Most laws on this subject are state rather than federal ones."

For Andrew to be prosecuted *federally*, there would have to be evidence without a reasonable doubt that he was involved with *sex trafficking" rather than "statutory rape".
Just so you know, statutory rape laws differ depending on the state and aren’t relevant to the federal crimes at issue in the Epstein/Maxwell case. Here’s an overview of the relevant statutes & the elements that must be proved to convict.
https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43597.pdf
With what is public knowledge at the moment I don’t see a prosecutable case against Andrew, but I don’t know what evidence the Fed has and whether that relates to Andrew.
The Feds are currently prosecuting Maxwell, they’ll want to know details of all communication Maxwell had with Andrew particularly relating to herself, Andrew, Epstein traveling or meeting at various places. Let’s say Andrew claims there are none & declines to provide the requested emails, or whatever. The Feds get the records pursuant to search warrants from cell companies or data providers, or pursuant to data (including forensic recovery of ‘deleted’ info.) from seized computers, etc., and discover Andrew lied, assuming he was under oath, that may be perjury, and yes the Feds do occasionally prosecute for perjury.
If the intent was to forget about Andrew the Feds wouldn’t have sought the MLA pursuant to the treaty. I don’t know why they’re still interested in him when there’s no evidence they’re as eager to talk w/ other prominent men associated with Epstein/Maxwell, but they are interested in talking to him for whatever reason.

Last edited:

SDNY does not have to prove that Andrew knew. I don't know if The Duke of York did more than look at those teenagers, but the Feds want something from him. This is part of the Federal law concerning child sex trafficking; the link to this Justice Department page is in post #4195.

"Child Sex Trafficking is prohibited by 18 U.S.C. § 1591. This statute makes it a federal offense to knowingly recruit, entice, harbor, transport, provide, obtain, or maintain a minor (defined as someone under 18 years of age) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that the victim is a minor and would be caused to engage in a commercial sex act. “Commercial sex act” is defined very broadly to include “any sex act, on account of which anything of value is given to or received by any person.” In other words, it is illegal both to offer and to obtain a child, and cause that child to engage in any kind of sexual activity in exchange for anything of value, whether it be money, goods, personal benefit, in-kind favors, or some other kind of benefit. Section 1591 also makes it a crime for individuals to participate in a business venture that obtains minors and causes them to engage in commercial sex acts."

Let's just hope and pray, that there are no emails, or phone calls requesting a teenager, or expressing how much he liked one of them.

SDNY does not have to prove that Andrew knew.

I'm not certain that's necessarily the case, not so much if Andrew knew the girls were underage, but whether he knew they were being sexually trafficked.

The statute itself begins with the phrase: "Whoever knowingly-" while Section a(2) states: "knowing...in regardless disregard of the fact."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1591

See also the discussion in a document from the Congressional Research Service (pages 5-6, "Knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact"):

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43597.pdf

The author makes the following statements:

"this element of the offense requires proof that the defendant knew, or recklessly disregarded, either (A) the fact that an (1) underage child (ii) would be caused to engage in a commercial sex act..."

"the prosecution must prove that the defendant knew, or recklessly disregarded, the fact that the victim would be caused to engage in a commercial sex act..."

But the document also points out that the defendant's ignorance cannot be "deliberate, a matter of conscious avoidance or willful blindness."

Last edited:
:previous:

Gawain, thank you for the Cornell Law School Document.

Section C. states "the Government need not prove the defendant knew or recklessly disregarded the fact the person had not attained 18 years of age."

Section D., points out obstruction, or attempted obstruction, is subject to prosecution.

Section E., covers "abuse of law", "coercion", "commercial sex act" among other things.

The notes section, explains that Congress changed some of the language of the law to make it clear who can be charged.

I'm not saying Andrew is guilty, just wondering why SDNY still wants to talk to him.

:previous:

Gawain, thank you for the Cornell Law School Document.

Section C. states "the Government need not prove the defendant knew or recklessly disregarded the fact the person had not attained 18 years of age."

Section D., points out obstruction, or attempted obstruction, is subject to prosecution.

Section E., covers "abuse of law", "coercion", "commercial sex act" among other things.

The notes section, explains that Congress changed some of the language of the law to make it clear who can be charged.

I'm not saying Andrew is guilty, just wondering why SDNY still wants to talk to him.

Yes, as you point out, the government doesn't need to prove the defendant knew the victim was under 18.

But it does need to prove the defendant knew the girl was a victim of sexual trafficking.

However, as the document I linked to points out, the defendant's ignorance cannot be willful (for example, s/he chose to ignore the evidence and not pursue it to its logical conclusion). So there's still a lot of gray area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom