The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Journalists being asked to not discuss Andrew. Interesting.

I think the request came through over when the arrest was announced. It is not a media freeze, just a request for quiet. I feel that Andrew is indeed talking and that a deal is been worked on. Note it is coming from the justice department not the palace, UK government or Andrew's lawyers. We will see in time.
Maybe they just dont want idle gossip to cloud their current success?

I'm sure that Beatrice and Eugenie are not over the moon with all that has been linked to Andrew concerning Epstein and Maxwell but in strong, healthy families, there is an element of "agape" which is unconditional love. The
"no matter what kind of love" that keeps a family bond strong through thick and thin and ups and downs and when things go south. ?

I'm sure that Beatrice and Eugenie are not over the moon with all that has been linked to Andrew concerning Epstein and Maxwell but in strong, healthy families, there is an element of "agape" which is unconditional love. The
"no matter what kind of love" that keeps a family bond strong through thick and thin and ups and downs and when things go south. ?

Osipi, do you think Sarah and Andrew's relationship will survive this scandal?

Osipi, do you think Sarah and Andrew's relationship will survive this scandal?

I do. They've come this far and stayed together as a family through all the embarrassments and goofs and not so bright actions in the past. I don't think this will be any different. ?

I do. They've come this far and stayed together as a family through all the embarrassments and goofs and not so bright actions in the past. I don't think this will be any different. ?
I agree, I think they need each other at the moment. I just hope that the girls get to hear the truth from Andrew himself, and not from the press or social media. They deserve that much.

I doubt the press are being muzzled, asking a guest to be mindful of getting into legal issues and the like is not muzzling them, its asking them to respect the law in all forms, including slander and the like.

Its not as if this isn't all over the papers and other media and the BBC were the ones who did THAT interview with him.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/07/prince-andrew-nervous-ghislaine-maxwell-arrest
Vanity Fair article speaks to Prince Andrew's friendship with Ghislaine Maxwell and his bystander role in the Epstein Maxwell case.

Laura Goldman, an American stockbroker and friend of Maxwell’s, told The Telegraph that she was confident that Maxwell would never turn over any information about Andrew to the FBI because of their friendship. “The only way she can walk is if she gives someone up, but that definitely won’t be Andrew,” said Goldman. “She is so appreciative that when she first came to New York, the duke helped to launch her into high society. She always talks about what a true friend he is. She doesn’t see any reason to speak about him to the authorities.”

Goldman also seconded Andrew’s previous claim that he assumed the people he saw at Epstein’s house were “staff.” She said, “Ghislaine’s always told me that Andrew’s kind of stupid and naive and if there were girls in the house while he was there, he would have thought they were servants. All these people thinking he is evil are just wrong. He is just the kind of entitled person who sees everyone as a servant.”

Now this doesn't make any real sense to me. “The only way she can walk is if she gives someone up, but that definitely won’t be Andrew,” Wouldn't that seem to be the judicial system preferring to have the hamburger over the prime rib? Besides Epstein, can there really be someone "higher up" and more heinous than Maxwell? I sincerely doubt it.

I just don't see Maxwell walking away from this at all. If she does, I will personally go out and buy prime rib for my dog. :D

Now this doesn't make any real sense to me. “The only way she can walk is if she gives someone up, but that definitely won’t be Andrew,” Wouldn't that seem to be the judicial system preferring to have the hamburger over the prime rib? Besides Epstein, can there really be someone "higher up" and more heinous than Maxwell? I sincerely doubt it.

I just don't see Maxwell walking away from this at all. If she does, I will personally go out and buy prime rib for my dog. :D

I'm so glad they finally have Maxwell behind bars. As you have enlightened me regarding other high level players whose heinous behavior may come out in court, with or without Maxwell's help, Epstein and Maxwell were the ring leaders, the masterminds. When this nightmare has been finalized in court, perhaps you will treat yourself with prime rib, sharing a few bits with your dog. No way Maxwell will "walk".:eek:

We shall see if anything comes from it. Claiming Maxwell has tapes of Andrew.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/07/ghislaine-maxwell-allegedly-has-video-footage-of-prince-andrew/

Although the NY Post usually is put into a category of being like the UK's Daily Mail, in this article, a verifiable name is given with verbatim quotes. I have heard of her before and if I'm not mistaken, it was appearing in a reality type show. Seems she has quite a few appearances in movies too to her credit.

Still, even if Maxwell was to produce tapes of Andrew doing anything at all, I don't believe it would be an ace in the hole as a bargaining chip towards *any* kind of leniency.

Gaining access to a peep show that may show Andrew in a delicate situation doesn't really relate at all to the charges brought against Maxwell. These statements being issues that Maxwell has "information" and "videos" are Maxwell grasping at straws to get herself out of the messy bed she's made for herself with her actions.

Glad to see that Oxenburg is or has been ready, willing and able to testify to what she knows. So, all in all, I think this article is the real deal. ?

I honestly do not believe that the "big" thing to come out of this court case will be the SEX of these poor females that were groomed for the high class wealthy men. I am hoping that the trafficking of the toddlers and their awful abuse plus all the apparent well known that enjoy their blood or parts are destroyed. All those cribs in lower basement at the island have been photo'd. I want every little crime brought to light and don't care if it hurts royalty, politicians, religious leaders, actors, Hollywood elites millionaire sport figures or the big shot billionaires and their families. All should pay and this garbage stopped. It is just devilish and apparently has been going on for years. KARMA JMO

Even if Maxwell names and provides enough evidence to convict everyone ever associated with wrongdoing in this--it does not negate her massive wrongdoings. That is why I think she'll never talk-- there is just not enough upside for her to do so.

Even if Maxwell names and provides enough evidence to convict everyone ever associated with wrongdoing in this--it does not negate her massive wrongdoings. That is why I think she'll never talk-- there is just not enough upside for her to do so.

When a person feels that they're safe and "untouchable" and then they're caught, chained and locked away in a confined space with the barest of necessities (literally nothing at all for a person that is used to everything and anything being at their beck and call), clear and rational thinking goes out the window never to return. Any ploy is a good ploy. Especially when going to prison for her crimes put her as a bottom feeder in a prison society that would consider it a coup to get a piece of her. One NY Post article described the other inmates at where she was held in NH as a "snooty rich b****". It also was stated that "Injuring a high-profile inmate like Maxwell “would be a badge of honor,” former MDC warden Cameron Lindsay said." I believe this.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/07/ghislaine-maxwell-branded-a-snooty-rich-b-h-by-inmates-report/

Who I really feel for though in this situation is the attorneys that have been behind Maxwell for years and years and now are at a crucial point in perhaps making a career defining decision. Considering the charges and the near perfect chance of losing everything presented in court in her defense, do they continue to defend her or do they walk away and save their reputation? Of course, with Maxwell's money, they could make a fortune fighting a losing battle but then again those aren't attorneys. They're sharks out for blood ($) rather than serving in the interest of a real defense team.

This case as it goes along will be something that I look forward to following. After all this time, finally perhaps there'll be justice for the victims.

When a person feels that they're safe and "untouchable" and then they're caught, chained and locked away in a confined space with the barest of necessities (literally nothing at all for a person that is used to everything and anything being at their beck and call), clear and rational thinking goes out the window never to return. Any ploy is a good ploy. Especially when going to prison for her crimes put her as a bottom feeder in a prison society that would consider it a coup to get a piece of her. One NY Post article described the other inmates at where she was held in NH as a "snooty rich b****". It also was stated that "Injuring a high-profile inmate like Maxwell “would be a badge of honor,” former MDC warden Cameron Lindsay said." I believe this.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/07/ghislaine-maxwell-branded-a-snooty-rich-b-h-by-inmates-report/

Who I really feel for though in this situation is the attorneys that have been behind Maxwell for years and years and now are at a crucial point in perhaps making a career defining decision. Considering the charges and the near perfect chance of losing everything presented in court in her defense, do they continue to defend her or do they walk away and save their reputation? Of course, with Maxwell's money, they could make a fortune fighting a losing battle but then again those aren't attorneys. They're sharks out for blood ($) rather than serving in the interest of a real defense team.

This case as it goes along will be something that I look forward to following. After all this time, finally perhaps there'll be justice for the victims.

Unfortunately that is never going to happen. There are too many powerful people involved-some of whom may no longer be living.

It is a fact, actually in every country's jail that child abusers are chased inside by fellow inmates. I doubt the us system to do well with this, but would appreciate if a judge did well and serve justice. but take a look at Belgium, a european country with good reputation( far better ghan the US) Dutroux happened to be locked up... how many "co-incidentes" happened, he even escaped once ..... but hope never dies and one can only hope that Ghislane gets what she deserves.

Unfortunately that is never going to happen. There are too many powerful people involved-some of whom may no longer be living.

Let's face it. Maxwell will never be safe either on the inside of a prison or on the outside "walking away". Her number is up, being called and someone else is going to yell "BINGO" no matter where she is. This reasoning alone is one to really hit home that she needs to be on extensive suicide watch. ;)

Let's face it. Maxwell will never be safe either on the inside of a prison or on the outside "walking away". Her number is up, being called and someone else is going to yell "BINGO" no matter where she is. This reasoning alone is one to really hit home that she needs to be on extensive suicide watch. ;)

I am a very cynical person. I thing her "arrest" is nothing but stage managed theatrics worked out between all those involved to appease the masses.

I have to say that a staging never entered my mind whatsoever. Its possible though, I guess. More reason to wait and see what develops eh?

There were reports that Epstein had videos, if true then Maxwell having a stash of copies is possible. However, it’s also possible that knowing the heat was on Maxwell destroyed whatever evidence she had.
In plea bargaining it’s not necessarily you go free if you agree to testify against others. It can be if you truthfully testify against others we’ll allow you to plea to fewer or lesser charges for a reduced sentence.

Why does it read like they’re trying to get ahead of criticism when it happens

To me it sounds like they're doing everything they can to ensure the same thing doesn't happens twice with both Epstein and Maxwell ending up dead before they can be taken to trial. :D

To me it sounds like they're doing everything they can to ensure the same thing doesn't happens twice with both Epstein and Maxwell ending up dead before they can be taken to trial. :D

Precautions were taken in the case of Epstein yet he still ended up dead.

Well then - I would tell your dog to expect Christmas early and start planing that menu :)

She will get minimum or probation if anything - she know where the skeletons are hidden. If she is smart she will tell. She wont last long in prison - okay maybe one of those upper crust prisons they have for Trump's friends.

But did they remove the guard/s or inmates that killed him, hmmm. Is this the same prison, dont know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom