The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #4501  
Old 09-18-2021, 01:16 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
I agree, I don't see a contradiction. Andrew said he doesn't remember meeting her (meaning in general) but even if he had, he knows the events of the specific night in question did not happen (at least in his words).

Once in a while I run into someone who thinks we've met before, which I don't remember. But I do know I've never had sex with them. That I would remember.
I can state and back up my statement that I have met and talked with Gordie Howe of the Detroit Red Wings several times over a period of time. I can also state that Gordie would have to have had an eidetic memory in order to remember me out of millions of fans he has met over the years.

What it seems like to me, from all that has surfaced, is that Andrew did meet with Maxwell on that occasion and Guiffre was there at that time and part of the evening which was shown by the picture taken of Andrew, Virginia and Ghislaine. Andrew also recalled the pizza party that day so I do think Andrew kind of put his foot in his mouth about spending time with Guiffe. However, this in no way *proves* that there was a sexual encounter or any kind.

I am seriously interested in watching this case develop and learn what happens from it. Hopefully once there has been a judgment made, it will be the end of the Andrew/Virginia saga.
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #4502  
Old 09-18-2021, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
I agree, I don't see a contradiction. Andrew said he doesn't remember meeting her (meaning in general) but even if he had, he knows the events of the specific night in question did not happen (at least in his words).

Once in a while I run into someone who thinks we've met before, which I don't remember. But I do know I've never had sex with them. That I would remember.
If someone said to me I did something I know I categorically did not do I would say it did not happen, I would not say I can't remember if it did. You can't be certain of a situation you can't even recall happening in the first place especially when there is a picture of you with the person involved. The other major contradiction, which I thought he was lucky to have gotten away with without Maitlis probing too much, was his relationship with Epstein. At the beginning of the interview he is adamant that JE wasn't a close friend. He emphasises that he was just the "plus one" of Ghislaine who was his actual close friend (how he must regret admitting that now). That didn't explain why he then felt the need to jump on a plane to America to break up a friendship with someone who wasn't actually a friend in the first place. That interview had more holes than Swiss cheese.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4503  
Old 09-18-2021, 03:18 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
If someone said to me I did something I know I categorically did not do I would say it did not happen, I would not say I can't remember if it did. You can't be certain of a situation you can't even recall happening in the first place especially when there is a picture of you with the person involved. The other major contradiction, which I thought he was lucky to have gotten away with without Maitlis probing too much, was his relationship with Epstein. At the beginning of the interview he is adamant that JE wasn't a close friend. He emphasises that he was just the "plus one" of Ghislaine who was his actual close friend (how he must regret admitting that now). That didn't explain why he then felt the need to jump on a plane to America to break up a friendship with someone who wasn't actually a friend in the first place. That interview had more holes than Swiss cheese.

I agree the interview was a train wreck but Andrew did refute Giuffre's allegations by stating they DID NOT HAPPEN, and proceeded to list the reasons why her story could not be true (whether or not his reasons hold up under scrutiny is another issue). He never said he did not REMEMBER whether they happened or not.

What he did state is that he no recollection of ever MEETING her, which is something different. It could mean "yes, I could have met her at some point in my life, which explains the picture, after all I meet millions of people each year and can't remember every single person, but even if I did meet her, I did not have sex with her." You can't deny ever meeting someone if you're not certain.

There are two separate issues:
(1) ALLEGATIONS - he vehemently denied (according to Andrew, they did not happen)
(2) MEETING GIUFFRE - he has no recollection of meeting her (maybe he did, maybe he didn't)

But you are spot on regarding Andrew's relationship with Epstein. As the saying goes, if you sleep with dogs you will wake up with fleas.
Reply With Quote
  #4504  
Old 09-18-2021, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
I agree the interview was a train wreck but Andrew did refute Giuffre's allegations by stating they DID NOT HAPPEN, and proceeded to list the reasons why her story could not be true (whether or not his reasons hold up under scrutiny is another issue). He never said he did not REMEMBER whether they happened or not.

What he did state is that he no recollection of ever MEETING her, which is something different. It could mean "yes, I could have met her at some point in my life, which explains the picture, after all I meet millions of people each year and can't remember every single person, but even if I did meet her, I did not have sex with her." You can't deny ever meeting someone if you're not certain.

There are two separate issues:
(1) ALLEGATIONS - he vehemently denied (according to Andrew, they did not happen)
(2) MEETING GIUFFRE - he has no recollection of meeting her (maybe he did, maybe he didn't)

But you are spot on regarding Andrew's relationship with Epstein. As the saying goes, if you sleep with dogs you will wake up with fleas.
Having no recollection and not remembering are different words for the same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #4505  
Old 09-18-2021, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Having no recollection and not remembering are different words for the same thing.
But Giuffre's allegations and the question of whether Andrew ever met her are not the same thing. He denied the first, but couldn't remember the second.

In an earlier post you stated:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
If someone said to me I did something I know I categorically did not do I would say it did not happen, I would not say I can't remember if it did. You can't be certain of a situation you can't even recall happening in the first place especially when there is a picture of you with the person involved.
Andrew did categorically state the situation did not happen. He even used those words: "I can absolutely categorically tell you it never happened."

He also offered evidence he believes disproves Giuffre's claims regarding the evening in question (he never sweats, he doesn't drink, he was at home with his children, then took his daughter out for pizza, etc.).

But he was iffy whenever the interviewer asked him if he had ever MET Giuffre or whether he remembered her (which is a separate issue from Giuffre's allegations). In his words: "I can tell you categorically I don't remember meeting her at all. I do not remember a photograph being taken and I've said consistently and frequently that we never had any sort of sexual contact whatever" and "I have no recollection of ever meeting this lady, none whatsoever."

These statements are not contradictory. It is possible to have no recollection/memory of meeting someone, or even having your photograph taken with them, but still know without a shred of doubt that you did not have sex with them, especially on a specific night in question when you know you were otherwise engaged.

One can easily forget meeting someone (especially a person in Andrew's position, who must meet hundreds of people a year). But it not as easy (for most people) to forget a person you have had sex with. Andrew even made that point during the interview:

"if you're a man it is a positive act to have sex with somebody. You have to have to take some sort of positive action and so therefore if you try to forget it's very difficult to try and forget a positive action and I do not remember anything."

Whether or not Andrew's explanations pass muster is a whole other debate.
Reply With Quote
  #4506  
Old 09-18-2021, 06:05 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,853
Even if it does come to be that Andrew *did* recognize Virginia when they come face to face in court and recalls being at Ghislaine's and at the bar where Andrew didn't sweat, none of that is pertinent when it comes to Guiffre's allegations of sexual abuse.

We also have to remember that during Andrew's association with Epstein, no matter where it occurred, there probably have been *several* people in and around them and it's possible that Andrew didn't feel the urge to get to know the names and personality of all of them. I've been to parties where friends of friends were there and I couldn't tell you who they were the next day other than that they were friends of the host.

All of this isn't about if Andrew remembers the woman. It's about the allegations of him sexually mistreating her which, I think, will be impossible to prove and mostly be a "he said, she said" situation. I have more and more come to the thinking that Guiffre is taking litigation anywhere she can find it and hope for monetary gain coming her way. I seriously don't see her getting one red cent from Andrew.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #4507  
Old 09-18-2021, 08:01 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
(...)

These statements are not contradictory. It is possible to have no recollection/memory of meeting someone, or even having your photograph taken with them, but still know without a shred of doubt that you did not have sex with them, especially on a specific night in question when you know you were otherwise engaged.

One can easily forget meeting someone (especially a person in Andrew's position, who must meet hundreds of people a year). But it not as easy (for most people) to forget a person you have had sex with. Andrew even made that point during the interview:

"if you're a man it is a positive act to have sex with somebody. You have to have to take some sort of positive action and so therefore if you try to forget it's very difficult to try and forget a positive action and I do not remember anything."

Whether or not Andrew's explanations pass muster is a whole other debate.
Indeed.
I used to perform as part of tourist attraction while I was student and often they would ask to take photo with me (the usual having photo with local in traditional attire). That was almost a decade ago and if some of them said they've met me, I could honestly say I didn't remember them even though they brought up the photo as evidence.

As for sex, I know someone who often have hook-up (often made it a game with his fellow of who can take a girl for the night) and with straight face he would tell you that he didn't remember some of it or even recognise the girl when they pass each other on the street. In Andrew's case, maybe his "encounter" with Virginia is not as memorable as his (many) other "conquests", hence the " don't remember" statement.
Reply With Quote
  #4508  
Old 09-18-2021, 08:06 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,447
Except that Virginia asserts that the pair had sex on several occasions not just the one, in various locations. I have read that she stated that the reason she was there in London, where the photograph was taken, was because Ghislaine escorted her there specifically at Andrew’s request (or so Ghislaine informed her.)
Reply With Quote
  #4509  
Old 09-18-2021, 09:08 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Except that Virginia asserts that the pair had sex on several occasions not just the one, in various locations. I have read that she stated that the reason she was there in London, where the photograph was taken, was because Ghislaine escorted her there specifically at Andrew’s request (or so Ghislaine informed her.)
That's right. I think I've also read too that there's some guy that worked on the estate on Epstein's private island that is willing to come forward and attest that he's seen Andrew "fondling" Virginia by the pool.

That's still a lot of "he saw, she said" and there's really nothing much that can really point to Andrew actually having sex with her and/or abusing her. Juicy details coming out in court though will *not* be doing Andrew any favors whether he wins or he loses.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #4510  
Old 09-18-2021, 09:59 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 359
But unless there's strong evidence (eg. timestamped video/photo) or witness' testimony, it will only end up as he-said-she-said (for both) like some of the posters are trying to convey (or maybe I mistook it, English is not my first language). In that photo of them together, other than the fact that they were at the same place and the same time to take that photo, there's nothing to suggest that they had sex (unlike say, half naked pict in bed) or under duress (they're smiling and look relax).

Yes, there's many criminals who got away without punishment easily, but there's also innocents who's been accused and wrongly punished for crime they didn't commit. Who know about Andrew in this case, but for one I think it's very unlikely that his reputation will ever recover.
Reply With Quote
  #4511  
Old 09-18-2021, 10:21 PM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I can state and back up my statement that I have met and talked with Gordie Howe of the Detroit Red Wings several times over a period of time. I can also state that Gordie would have to have had an eidetic memory in order to remember me out of millions of fans he has met over the years.

What it seems like to me, from all that has surfaced, is that Andrew did meet with Maxwell on that occasion and Guiffre was there at that time and part of the evening which was shown by the picture taken of Andrew, Virginia and Ghislaine. Andrew also recalled the pizza party that day so I do think Andrew kind of put his foot in his mouth about spending time with Guiffe. However, this in no way *proves* that there was a sexual encounter or any kind.

I am seriously interested in watching this case develop and learn what happens from it. Hopefully once there has been a judgment made, it will be the end of the Andrew/Virginia saga.

You met Gordie Howe?

I'm beyond impressed.
Reply With Quote
  #4512  
Old 09-18-2021, 11:10 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
Indeed.
I used to perform as part of tourist attraction while I was student and often they would ask to take photo with me (the usual having photo with local in traditional attire). That was almost a decade ago and if some of them said they've met me, I could honestly say I didn't remember them even though they brought up the photo as evidence.

As for sex, I know someone who often have hook-up (often made it a game with his fellow of who can take a girl for the night) and with straight face he would tell you that he didn't remember some of it or even recognise the girl when they pass each other on the street. In Andrew's case, maybe his "encounter" with Virginia is not as memorable as his (many) other "conquests", hence the " don't remember" statement.
I wrote my last post in response to your last sentence quoted here and only on that. Andrew’s memory of ever meeting Virginia was being discussed.

Now, if we take Andrew’s statement at face value, the two either briefly met or didn’t meet at all and he has no recollection of the lady. He cannot explain the photograph and there were attempts I remember, by Andrew’s side to say the photo of the two of them together was doctored.


On Virginia Guiffre’s side she states that there were sexual encounters on several occasions at different locations. She has one photo of their meeting, in London.


Now, I have no insider info on whether Virginia is telling the truth or not. I don’t know, and like presumably everyone else on this forum I wasn’t ever at any of Maxwell or Epstein’s properties.


I do know one thing however. Going back to the last sentence of your post quoted above, it is possible for a man to meet a pretty girl and, if he has a lively love life, have sex with her once and then completely forget her. However, if the ‘encounters’ amounted to half a dozen occasions or even just three or four, at different times and places, to have no memory of the young woman involved would IMO amount to a case of amnesia!


It has been written in articles that Epstein used to have two way mirrors and keep hidden recording and video equipment in rooms at his properties for his own purposes. That doesn’t mean however, that, if such evidence of couples undressed, in bed etc does exist, that he or Ghislaine would be handing photos etc of them over to the young girls in his employ.


However, one photo does exist, and unfortunately for Andrew it was taken in Ghislaine Maxwell’s house, not in a pizza restaurant or any other neutral establishment.


Of course, it all depends on who you believe in this saga, and it may be that neither is telling the truth. That will be up to a Court to decide, if it gets that far.
Reply With Quote
  #4513  
Old 09-19-2021, 02:33 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: West Chester, United States
Posts: 7
Bravo Sophie25. I always thought Andrew did deny meeting Virginia at all.
Reply With Quote
  #4514  
Old 09-19-2021, 02:42 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,853
Andrew's "denials" of any kind came at a time around that nuclear disastrous interview. At that time, I seriously believe that Andrew, with his inherent attitude of entitlement and arrogance, actually believed that whatever he claimed would be accepted as gospel and this would all fade away and not touch him at all. That happens to *not* be the case and he's mired up to his nose in all this still and it's not getting anywhere better for him.

He's not stated one single word about this ordeal publicly since the interview and has let his lawyers deal with it while he isolates himself away from it all at Windsor and only has really been "spotted" riding on the estate or driving his car. I am wont to believe that his lawyers have put a nice little muzzle on the man to prevent further controversy.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #4515  
Old 09-19-2021, 02:43 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granada View Post
Bravo Sophie25. I always thought Andrew did deny meeting Virginia at all.

Do you have a source to back that up?

According to the transcript of the BBC interview, he said he didn't *remember* or had no *recollection* of meeting her.

But he denied her allegations (they didn't dance together, have drinks, or have sex).

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50449339


EM: … has made allegations against you. She says she met you in 2001, she says she dined with you, danced with you at Tramp Nightclub in London. She went on to have sex with you in a house in Belgravia belonging to Ghislaine Maxwell, your friend. Your response?

PA: I have no recollection of ever meeting this lady, none whatsoever.

EM: You don't remember meeting her?

PA: No.


EM: She says she met you in 2001, she dined with you, she danced with you, you bought her drinks, you were in Tramp Nightclub in London and she went on to have sex with you in a house in Belgravia belonging to Ghislaine Maxwell.

PA: It didn't happen.

EM: Do you remember her?

PA: No, I've no recollection of ever meeting her, I'm almost, in fact I'm convinced that I was never in Tramps with her. There are a number of things that are wrong with that story, one of which is that I don't know where the bar is in Tramps. I don't drink, I don't think I've ever bought a drink in Tramps whenever I was there.
Reply With Quote
  #4516  
Old 09-19-2021, 03:11 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
PA: No, I've no recollection of ever meeting her, I'm almost, in fact I'm convinced that I was never in Tramps with her. There are a number of things that are wrong with that story, one of which is that I don't know where the bar is in Tramps. I don't drink, I don't think I've ever bought a drink in Tramps whenever I was there.
He admits right there he's actually been in Tramps. It's illogical to think he doesn't know where the bar is though. Even people that don't drink alcohol will buy themselves non alcoholic drinks while passing time there. Then again, he very well could always have been served at a table. It's illogical to think that he never consumed anything when in that venue. He did state that he doesn't remember being at Tramps with her specifically though. Virginia said he sweated like a pig and Andrew came back with his side that he can't sweat.

Two stories from both sides. I don't envy the judge that gets this case in a civil court proceeding at all.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #4517  
Old 09-19-2021, 07:21 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 4,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
(snip)

Two stories from both sides. I don't envy the judge that gets this case in a civil court proceeding at all.
Judges are used to it. They are constantly required to listen to often very differing accounts of the same circumstances and decide which account is more likely to be reliable. The evidence will be tested by rigorous cross-examination.
I have a feeling Andrew will crumble in cross-examination; he is not used to his word being challenged.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #4518  
Old 09-20-2021, 01:17 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 914
Court proceedings and cross examination are often onerous and I would think that people, both guilty and innocent, crumble and that is not necessarily an indication of guilt.
The legal process should be trusted. It will be very interesting to see the outcome of the involvement of Epstein, Maxwell, Prince Andrew and Giuffre.
One thing for certain, some mud will remain stuck on Andrew, regardless.
Reply With Quote
  #4519  
Old 09-20-2021, 03:19 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Do you have a source to back that up?

According to the transcript of the BBC interview, he said he didn't *remember* or had no *recollection* of meeting her.

But he denied her allegations (they didn't dance together, have drinks, or have sex).

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50449339


EM: … has made allegations against you. She says she met you in 2001, she says she dined with you, danced with you at Tramp Nightclub in London. She went on to have sex with you in a house in Belgravia belonging to Ghislaine Maxwell, your friend. Your response?

PA: I have no recollection of ever meeting this lady, none whatsoever.

EM: You don't remember meeting her?

PA: No.


EM: She says she met you in 2001, she dined with you, she danced with you, you bought her drinks, you were in Tramp Nightclub in London and she went on to have sex with you in a house in Belgravia belonging to Ghislaine Maxwell.

PA: It didn't happen.

EM: Do you remember her?

PA: No, I've no recollection of ever meeting her, I'm almost, in fact I'm convinced that I was never in Tramps with her. There are a number of things that are wrong with that story, one of which is that I don't know where the bar is in Tramps. I don't drink, I don't think I've ever bought a drink in Tramps whenever I was there.
Aaah that terrible interview! For me that horrific interview convinced me that he was guilty to some extent.
He absolutely denied meeting her yet there is that famous photo of the Andrew and Virginia standing side by side. It would have been better to have said that he did meet her but they were both simply mutual acquaintances of Epstein and nothing more.
Then the Tramps discussion he clearly contradicts himself by saying there are "a number of things wrong with that story". In order to say a story is wrong that means you must remember the story and remember details to say that they are wrong.
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
Reply With Quote
  #4520  
Old 09-20-2021, 03:45 AM
crm2317's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,600
I have no idea if Andrew is guilty or not, I wasn’t there. However the fact that he has been so awkward with the authorities, refusing to assist in enquiries and avoiding being served papers at all costs certainly doesn’t look good!
__________________

__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian birth britannia british british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house commonwealth countries coronation crown jewels customs dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family tree fashion and style gemstones genetics george vi gradenigo harry and meghan henry viii highgrove house of windsor hypothetical monarchs japan japanese imperial family kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchist movements monarchists monarchy mongolia names nara period politics portugal prince harry queen elizabeth ii queen victoria state visit st edward sussex suthida thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×