The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is as much and more interest in the US on Royal affairs as there is in Brtiain….

As someone who lives in California and has family and close friends on both coasts I can assure you that there is not.

It's the ONLY reason that i come online to indulge what my siblings feel is an eccentric, "weirdo" desire to gossip about European aristocrats and royals.

No one in my real life can be bothered.:lol:

Last edited:
Why is Trump being brought into the topic of Epstein/Andrew scandal? He has nothing to do with this particular discussion.

The only reason he was mentioned was to demonstrate someone who was connected to Epstein that Americans would have any interest in knowing the particulars of. In other words, no one here cares that Prince Andrew palled around with him. They do, however, care that high-profile people in our government did. That's all. It wasn't an attempt to shift the conversation into politics or anything else like that.

Now, about Andrew and Epstein. He is certainly keeping a low profile which is good. One can hope that he has received the message loud and clear that keeping his head down and mouth shut will benefit him far more than seeking to defend and excuse himself. Now if only his ex-wife would follow suit. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the blurb from the Sun

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...slaine-maxwell-fbi-investigation-epstein/amp/

I doubt the Feds have no plans to question Andrew. Going after Ghislaine Maxwell and others is possibly a strategy to start building the case: find out what they know, present anything they may solidly have on them and see if they flip (give evidence) on Andrew. Loyalty definitely comes to the test if one faces possible prosecution and imprisonment themselves if they protect another. American interest will come back if there is enough strong and damaging testimony for Andrew to come and explain. The BRF has taken a bit hit with Andrew's mess; hiding behind royal rank and any diplomatic immunity will make it worse.

:previous: What the Sun doesn't tell you is that if Andrew is questioned or interviewed by the FBI, at any time, it will be because Andrew has voluntarily offered to be questioned and interviewed in this matter.

There's no worry about diplomatic immunity with this at all. Its a fact that Andrew cannot and will not be extradited or forced to succumb to FBI questioning or interviewing because in order to do so, Andrew would have to be accused of a crime that is recognized as a crime in both the US and the UK.

As far as I'm aware, the ongoing investigation is solely focusing on those people that have aided and abetted Epstein in illegal sex trafficking. Nowhere, ever, has it ever even been mentioned that Andrew was involved in these kind of activities in any way, shape or form. All allegations against Andrew stem from the accusations of having sex with an underage minor. If those accusations and allegations are taken to court at any time, it would be Ms. Giuffre filing a case in civil court. Not the FBI.

Here is the blurb from the Sun

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...slaine-maxwell-fbi-investigation-epstein/amp/

I doubt the Feds have no plans to question Andrew. Going after Ghislaine Maxwell and others is possibly a strategy to start building the case: find out what they know, present anything they may solidly have on them and see if they flip (give evidence) on Andrew. Loyalty definitely comes to the test if one faces possible prosecution and imprisonment themselves if they protect another. American interest will come back if there is enough strong and damaging testimony for Andrew to come and explain. The BRF has taken a bit hit with Andrew's mess; hiding behind royal rank and any diplomatic immunity will make it worse.
I really, really doubt that the FBI has any interest in prosecuting Prince Andrew. His part in the whole Epstein mess is a drop in the bucket. The FBI’s interest in Andrew would be what he saw, rather than what he did.

Last edited:
Well, the New York Times just listed their most read stories of this year and four stories on Epstein were in the top 73. In fact he was number 4 on the most read about him. New Yorkers are very interested in Epstein, he was a New Yorker.
As far as Prince Andrew, I agree that most people don’t know or care about him. Many don’t know the queen has four children at all, especially Edward.

:previous: What the Sun doesn't tell you is that if Andrew is questioned or interviewed by the FBI, at any time, it will be because Andrew has voluntarily offered to be questioned and interviewed in this matter.

There's no worry about diplomatic immunity with this at all. Its a fact that Andrew cannot and will not be extradited or forced to succumb to FBI questioning or interviewing because in order to do so, Andrew would have to be accused of a crime that is recognized as a crime in both the US and the UK.

As far as I'm aware, the ongoing investigation is solely focusing on those people that have aided and abetted Epstein in illegal sex trafficking. Nowhere, ever, has it ever even been mentioned that Andrew was involved in these kind of activities in any way, shape or form. All allegations against Andrew stem from the accusations of having sex with an underage minor. If those accusations and allegations are taken to court at any time, it would be Ms. Giuffre filing a case in civil court. Not the FBI.

Exactly right. As much as I dislike him and feel he was completely aware of the ages of the girls and knew what Epstein and Maxwell were doing with them, I know he will never see a US court or even volunteer to be questioned. He knows that Maxwell has more on him than he could ever have on her and it would be foolish to volunteer anything since he has already made a huge mess of his life from thinking he was by any means a convincing liar. I don’t see any lawyer advising him to cooperate voluntarily taking that into consideration.

:previous: Strangely enough, in this case, I believe if he was asked to be interviewed he would oblige. Andrew may be an entitled jerk at times but he is not a paedophile and has already stated that should the FBI come calling or the Met as their agents, he will oblige for good or ill.

His entire life as he knew it has been destroyed by gossip and association, there is nothing much more he can lose as for all his stupidity no one has accused him of an actual crime. If it takes an interview with the authorities to clarify or assist, he will do it. For all his arrogance, okay but nobody ever said he was a coward and his actions confirm it.

Both he and his mother and elder brother are aware that this has been a PR disaster and, should he refuse to assist the authorities it would leak and be on the front page of every newspaper, serious and tabloid. It is therefore not an option and he said as much in that infamous interview.

The whole Epstein/Andrew-connection was unfortunate and I'm sure his family knows that there surely are a lot of other stories that might never come out about how Andrew used his connections - but that's how you worked as part of a Royal Court for centuries. Introducing people to people for money is the financial basis of Court life (and of today's political life) and Andrew used that to become financially independent from his family. Not all people approve of that but there's nothing wrong in becoming a high ranked lobbyist. I don't think he was ever interested in too young girls (as a father of two daughters he could have made contacts much more easily than to trust some guy like Epstein for introductions) but he enjoys the high life and young ladies giving massages (and more) did not feel too wrong I guess.

His only "real fault" was that his way to live and finance his life has become public knowledge and now he has to stay under the radar at least till his daughter is married - maybe till his mother and father died.

As someone who lives in California and has family and close friends on both coasts I can assure you that there is not.

It's the ONLY reason that i come online to indulge what my siblings feel is an eccentric, "weirdo" desire to gossip about European aristocrats and royals.

We have the same problem! LOL My daughters know a little about Diana/Charles and their boys...only because I've talked about it...but they have little interest in them. My son and his wife have lived in Germany 3 years and been several places in Europe (to include Ireland and England) could care less about any royalty unless you are talking about long past history. Where did I go wrong as a parent? :D

LaRae

Its pretty much the same in my real life. I rarely if ever hear anyone taling about the RF except for an occasional usually dismissive comment...

but then who will be his golf buddie?

More aptly fit would be his golf caddies. Or golf ball washers. Or golf cart drivers. Or.... :whistling:

But seriously, if Andrew is no longer working, he shouldn't have security around the clock.

"The Met Police have come under fire after refusing to reveal where the royal's protection team was on the day Virginia Giuffre - who was trafficked by paedophile Jeffrey Epstein - claimed to have had sex with Andrew when she was 17. The Duke of York said he was at Pizza Express in Woking."

More here:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-wont-say-prince-andrews-21261789

I’m not surprised. A request like that, from the Mirror, was always going to be rejected.

:previous:

Elsewhere it reads like this:"The infamous UK Police department Scotland Yard is refusing to reveal Prince Andrew’s location on the night that he is accused of being with Virginia Giuffre, one of the young girls trafficked by Jeffrey Epstein who was underage at the time she claims the Duke had sex with her."

"In a statement responding to the inquiry, Scotland Yard said that revealing information about the disgraced prince’s whereabouts on the night in question could “undermine the safeguarding of national security,” according to the Sun."

It would allow those with a criminal intent to gain an operational advantage over the MPS and place those who the MPS have confirmed are afforded protection, as well as protection officers, and members of the public at risk,” the statement continued."
https://www.zerohedge.com/political...-information-could-prove-prince-andrew-guilty

This story is not going away!

"US federal prosecutors and the FBI have asked to interview Prince Andrew about the deceased sex offender Jeffrey Epstein but he has not responded, said Geoffrey Berman, US attorney for the southern district of New York, on Monday."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rey-epstein-us-prosecutors-fbi-seek-interview
Well, that’s pretty credible, a statement from a US atty. in the district that was prosecuting Epstein. My guess would be the FBI/US Atty.’s office are interested in learning about Andrew’s good friend Ghislaine Maxwell.

So Andrew’s been avoiding the FBI? That’s serious. If he as innocent as people love to claim then why isn’t he cooperating like the palace claimed he would?

Perhaps Andrew feels that he should be "honorable" and not rat out and snitch on his good friend, Ghislaine. :D

Perhaps Andrew feels that he should be "honorable" and not rat out and snitch on his good friend, Ghislaine. :D

And he doesn't remember meeting Emily Maitlis. :lol:

It's all nice and good that he's been supporting the Queen during Megxit, but it would help even more if he would cooperate with prosecutors - like he promised - so that his mother wouldn't have to suffer (and the BRF overall) even more.

Perhaps Andrew feels that he should be "honorable" and not rat out and snitch on his good friend, Ghislaine

Which makes him on par with good old fashioned gangsters, but even they turned rat, lol

The palace also avoiding answering the royal correspondents about this. The jokes truly write themselves? Think we getting another summit?

I suspect Andrew promised to cooperate because he arrogantly believed they’d never dare question him. They tried, he and/or his legal advisors resisted most likely thinking the fact he was asked and did not cooperate would not become public knowledge, and now the US atty. has made Andrew’s resistance public knowledge.
I assume this means Andrew will not be visiting the USA in the near future.

The palace also avoiding answering the royal correspondents about this. The jokes truly write themselves? Think we getting another summit?

Andrew should allow himself to be interviewed, the fact he "might" be obstructing the interview process after openly admitting to effectively want to be interviewed does not look good in any light.

However, I take issue with Buckingham Palace being required to comment on something when Andrew is no longer a working royal, he has no offices at BP and he should have a PR person talking for him from his office. Don't tie in BP and therefore The Queen when there's no need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom