The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully by the time Prince Andrew gives his daughter Princess Beatrice away on her wedding day, the press will be kinder what it writes about him.

I was surprised but not really shocked by the announcement.

I feel bad for pitch@thepalace. The rest are existing charities that will survive without him as a patron if he steps away for good. Or will take on a new patron. But pitch has been a great initiative. It would be nice to see Beatrice step up and take over pitch from her father. It always seemed to me that he had groomed her a bit for it. She has been attending events with him for the past year or two at least.

Beatrice would make sense to take over a few of his patronages. It would be nice if some of them passed to his daughters. I don't know if that is his say.

two of them make clear sense IMO:

-English National ballet: Andrew is patron but Beatrice is already patron of their ballet school. It would make sense for her to be patron of both.

-Outward bound trust: she has taken on a position with them as well, it would be a natural transition

Hopefully by the time Prince Andrew gives his daughter Princess Beatrice away on her wedding day, the press will be kinder what it writes about him.

Why should they? I’m reading these replies and this is the first time I’ve posted here in months but I feel compelled to say: I don’t understand why so many of you believe this man deserves kindness or empathy or that the Queen shouldn’t be held responsible for poor judgment in how he’s been managed for the last several years.

Jeffrey Epstein raped children. He trafficked teenage girls to wealthy and powerful men who did not care about the harm they caused. Prince Andrew is one of the men who has been named in this. It may not be proven but it’s certainly not outside the realm of possibility that he himself victimized young women.

Even if Andrew didn’t directly participate in the human trafficking- he continued to associate with Epstein after he had been convicted. This is proven fact, The queen’s son, a senior royal, staying at the home of a convicted pedophile. What does that say to young women about their worth? What does it say to victims about how much solidarity they can expect?

I feel sorry for Beatrice, who surely doesn’t deserve to have her wedding ruined, but this is not the fault of a vicious press. It’s the fault of her sleazy, disgusting father who very well may have hurt women younger and with far less protection than her.

That interview exposed him for what he is: an insufferably pompous and mediocre man who can’t bring himself even now to care about the harm he’s done.

I can’t believe it went this far. Now that it has, I just hope the institution survives not only Andrew but the Queen’s poor judgment in not taking action long before this.

The Epstein case in the states isn't going away. All those tapes and pictures he had hidden away on that island- I guarantee more will come out.

Like all families some failings are moral and the worst are criminal. Methinks so much is about to come out. Gheilane Maxwell might get taken in and spill all the dirt and crimes.

He deserves to be shunned. He is lucky to not be dealing with the FBI after that stunt interview. What a moron. Absolutely someone who has no moral compass. He cannot be a part of charity.

The Cambridges/ the sussexes/ princess Anne/ prince edward etc there are other royals who can divide up the patronages.

If he wants to be and is still welcome in his immediate family that's on them. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes there will still be more coming - the witnesses are still to sell their stories to tabloids and book deals. There are still people that might come forward and then there is the actually FBI case. The photographs, recordings ect. Okay - here is the problem if there is something there Andrew might be in serious hot water, if there is another more famous person - which lets face it there might be. Than the heat might be off him significantly. It all really depends on the case now.

Why? What is there to write kindly about him. Per his own words, which he said during a televised interview, Andrew doesn't regret his friendship with Epstein, even now, because he learned a lot and gained connections through and from Epstein.
So why on earth would the press write kindly about him, just because his daughter is getting married? He's the one royal who actually deserves the negative backlash right now.

With the various and conflicting reports concerning whose advice Andrew took about doing the interview, there remains the unanswered question about why the timing. Was the hope the interview would be buried amidst the election coverage? Was it an impulsive, petulant reaction to some counter advise? Might there have been a tip off of an imminent new revelation and this was a knee jerk reaction?

I take ‘for the foreseeable future’ as polite ambiguity which is done to save face for Andrew. Indeed, it might be the only way he was persuaded for the wording of the statement to go ahead. I also cannot see him taking part in the Remembrance commemorations. It is unlikely that a risk would be taken in such an emotionally charged situation. Trooping the Colour is the official birthday of the Queen, not a family occasion, so it is a ‘public duty’ . I think he will gradually relinquish his posts, once replacements have been found, including his role as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards sometime in the New Year.

I'm glad, he stepped down, it was the best thing he could do.

With the various and conflicting reports concerning whose advice Andrew took about doing the interview, there remains the unanswered question about why the timing. Was the hope the interview would be buried amidst the election coverage? Was it an impulsive, petulant reaction to some counter advise? Might there have been a tip off of an imminent new revelation and this was a knee jerk reaction?

I take ‘for the foreseeable future’ as polite ambiguity which is done to save face for Andrew. Indeed, it might be the only way he was persuaded for the wording of the statement to go ahead. I also cannot see him taking part in the Remembrance commemorations. It is unlikely that a risk would be taken in such an emotionally charged situation. Trooping the Colour is the official birthday of the Queen, not a family occasion, so it is a ‘public duty’ . I think he will gradually relinquish his posts, once replacements have been found, including his role as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards sometime in the New Year.

Which is a pity given how the Guards have praised him for being an exceptional colonel. As it is a pity that all the great work the Duke does in the charities and organizations ( including universities) with which he was associated has been now compromised by the Epstein connection.

And, again , as I said before , the backlash against the Duke is taking place despite there being no concrete evidence that he ever had sex with Virginia Guffrie or any other underage Epstein girl, which BTW he vehemently denies.

Of course , if Andrew were proven to be lying about the pizza party and not recalling any contact with Virginia , I would change my mind.

He does not deserve kindness. I hope Bea will have the sense to go and get married privately and not hav any kind of public showing of her wedding.

I'm glad, he stepped down, it was the best thing he could do.
I think it si quite obvious he did not do it willingly.. but with the charities dropping him and pressure I would imagine from senior royals and the queen, he had no choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel bad for pitch@thepalace. The rest are existing charities that will survive without him as a patron if he steps away for good. Or will take on a new patron. But pitch has been a great initiative. It would be nice to see Beatrice step up and take over pitch from her father. It always seemed to me that he had groomed her a bit for it. She has been attending events with him for the past year or two at least.

Beatrice would make sense to take over a few of his patronages. It would be nice if some of them passed to his daughters. I don't know if that is his say.

two of them make clear sense IMO:

-English National ballet: Andrew is patron but Beatrice is already patron of their ballet school. It would make sense for her to be patron of both.

-Outward bound trust: she has taken on a position with them as well, it would be a natural transition

But Beatrice is not a working royal.
I think that these patronages would probably prefer someone who is actually a member of The Firm.

He does not deserve kindness. I hope Bea will have the sense to go and get married privately and not hav any kind of public showing of her wedding.

Really? Because Beatrice is Totally innocent in all this ugliness going on with her fathers affairs. She deserves like every bride to have the exact wedding she wants be it extravagant or quiet.I hope the family rally’s around her and her sister at this time as well.

I don't think that Beatrice will be taking on any of her father's patronages...

So she should be blamed for her father wrongdoing? It's not her fault.

No, she's not being blamed.. but a public wedding si not going ot go down well...

You can’t have it both ways. Beatrice is not a working Royal and gets no money and they aren’t making her one despite her unofficial work on their behalf. So the Senior Royals should not, have no right to ask her to change her plans for one of the most important days in her life because it would look bad for them.

Its not about being blamed. Eugenie's wedding being as public as it was caused significant debate--and that was before all this occurred.

I think the writing has been on the wall for a while about Beatrice's wedding being much, much lower key than her sister's. But now with her father in disgrace, there is really no possibility for a big public wedding.

It is terrible for the daughters, but again, young women were raped. So I find I have little sympathy to extend to a rich lady who will still have an amazing wedding if she wants---just not on the taxpayers dime or in front of cameras. Those two things are not essential for one to have the wedding they wish.

Virginia Roberts never actually accused Andrew of Raping her IIRC.

Anyway I understand your point but having Sympathy and Empathy for Epstein victims is totally divorced from Having Understanding And empathy for a Daughter who must be reeling and hurt from learning the father she adored was doing this. The two Sets of feelings aren’t mutually Exclusive Or they should not be.

Again, she is not a working Royal. She should have the wedding of her dreams. I can’t see she needs cameras for that but if that’s what she wants so be it.

Again, she is not a working Royal. She should have the wedding of her dreams. I can’t see she needs cameras for that but if that’s what she wants so be it.

That must be paid by someone. The only one willing to do that is by all likelyhood Andrew.

The Queen stepping in and paying for a grand public wedding of nr 9 in line to the throne would at the current circumstances just give more fuel to the fire.

I feel terribly sad for Beatrice in all this. She and Eugenie are the ones that are definitely innocent in all this. But it will inevitably hit very hard on them too:(

Last edited:
The panel of Loose Women were discussing this topic again today.
One of the panellists, Jane Moore, commented that the royal family now appears fractured. With the reported fall-out between William and Harry and this episode with the Duke of York it no longer seems like a united group of people. That it is the beginning of the end of a monarchy in the UK after the passing of the Queen and DoE. She got a round of applause from the audience.

That must be paid by someone. The only one willing to do that is by all likelyhood Andrew.

The Queen stepping in and paying for a grand public wedding of nr 9 in line to the throne would at the current circumstances just be another major pr-disaster.

I feel terribly sad for Beatrice in all this. She and Eugenie are the ones that are definitely innocent in all this. But it will inevitably hit very hard on them too:(
If granny pays for the wedding of her granddaughter out of her own pocket then what business is it of ours.

Andrew still has a personal fortune. It’s not like he was stripped of that. But We can Safely assume The Payment Arraignment will be The same as Eugenias.

If Andrew gets subpoenaed to the US, and is still front page news in 6 months time, it may not be appropriate for him to attend the wedding.

Perhaps he should surrender his titles of Prince and Duke altogether and live a life totally out of public view.

Virginia Roberts never actually accused Andrew of Raping her IIRC.

Anyway I understand your point but having Sympathy and Empathy for Epstein victims is totally divorced from Having Understanding And empathy for a Daughter who must be reeling and hurt from learning the father she adored was doing this. The two Sets of feelings aren’t mutually Exclusive Or they should not be.

Will it really look good if Bea is asking tax payers to pay for her wedding,at present? Will it be very comfortable for her if her father's booed?

But she won’t be will she? The vast Majority of it will be privately funded.some portion of the public will always grumble about large Royal related events either way. It will pass.

She and Andrew and of course her groom will have to choose: have the Traditional father daughter moment and ignore The hecklers or not want to deal with it and have him appear at the private celebrations afterwards. It needs to be their choice and theirs alone.

Where is the Queen in all this? I am beginning to think something is wrong here. To many questionable decisions and actions among her kids and grandchildren are being let fly.

...the royal family now appears fractured. With the reported fall-out between William and Harry and this episode with the Duke of York it no longer seems like a united group of people. That it is the beginning of the end of a monarchy in the UK...

I disagree that this is the beginning of the end of the monarchy, but the problem with having two dozen members of the family in the public eye, is the increased likelihood of scandal. The current number of royals is far too big, but if it was just, HM, Charles, William (and spouses) that is also not enough people.

Last edited:
Question now is will Andrew participate as a "family member" on the balcony along with other members that are viewing the events or will Andrew still be in full military dress? I would think with the latest developments, the military's definition of "an officer and a gentleman" is a far cry from describing Andrew.

Unfortunately it's all too often military members behave badly in various way and covering for each other is part of it as well. That doesn't matter what country they are from.

In the US Military adultery (for example) is supposed to be a serious offense ..but you are rarely going to see any of them punished for it.

LaRae

Because Adultery is a moral crime. It is not however a legal one as long as it is between two consenting adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom