The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One would think that if this is true, that Andrew doesn't really have to worry about a train wreck any longer, he just has to watch out for the oncoming bus. I've not heard anything about Maxwell at all talking to the FBI so I'll wait until its confirmed by reliable sources.

Methinks though that Andrew probably wishes he still couldn't sweat. It may be that he's got *lots* to sweat about in the near future. :ohmy:

Gloria Allred (attty for the one woman) was on the news (and twitter) last night about Andrew needing to come talk to the FBI.

LaRae

Watching today’s lunchtime panel show Loose Women in the UK and they have been discussing Prince Andrew’s interview. They mention that on their website they had a poll “Have you lost respect for the Monarchy?”. 56% of people had answered yes.

I knew Andrew would make matters worse with the interview.
The RF has to marginalize him or they will all suffer.

I don't know if I believe that...he works so closely with countries in the M.E., not to mention growing up being around at least some ppl (Queen's contacts/friends) from there ...it would be odd that he would keep those contacts if he really feels that way about ppl from that region.

LaRae

I don't know if I believe that...he works so closely with countries in the M.E., not to mention growing up being around at least some ppl (Queen's contacts/friends) from there ...it would be odd that he would keep those contacts if he really feels that way about ppl from that region.

LaRae

I actually don't find that odd at all, as I, very unfortunately, know plenty of people who work with, interact with, and have as friends or family, members of minority groups and it in no way affects their freely expressed bigotry. It's as though there is a disconnect between their overall view of the minority group and their opinion of the individuals they themselves have relationships with. It's not an uncommon phenomenon, unfortunately.

I actually don't find that odd at all, as I, very unfortunately, know plenty of people who work with, interact with, and have as friends or family, members of minority groups and it in no way affects their freely expressed bigotry. It's as though there is a disconnect between their overall view of the minority group and their opinion of the individuals they themselves have relationships with. It's not an uncommon phenomenon, unfortunately.

True.. and Andew seems to be willing to mix with anyone who is rich or can help him to be richer..

Well I suppose it wouldn't be that surprising to find he's a hypocrite.

LaRae

Precisely. Many people hold deeply racist views but think the people they know from those disdained groups are the exception.

I deal with this within my own family and we've seen this plenty with many public figures.

I am actually convinced that the friendship was more for money and influence for Sarah, then for the Duke. How many more of these friendship are there is this the tip of the iceberg?

It is a difficult situation as a monarchy they should retire him gently. But Andrew is there son and their brother - personally I would support him. I would tell him is an idiot but I would not abandon him. I don't think this is the worst thing to ever happen to the monarchy. I don't know how people judge these problems and place them in a ranking system to begin with. Yes - work and reputation building needs to happen and fast. He needs to go to the American and offer up everything he knows - everything. Even if he is not telling the truth, he should start telling it now. Meet with the women, unequivocally showing remorse and sincerity. He created a mountain when he could have shown character and strength here. Now he needs to show backbone.
I was told today that the only thing that will save him is if he remarries a rich English model/actress/ heiress - does anyone know anyone available. Everything in the monarchy is forgotten with a wedding or a funeral - I would prefer the first option. What I am getting at is the British are fickle and easily swayed by rumours and gossip. Tomorrow he will be the best Windsor again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew seems like someone of weak character. It’s like he radically changes his behaviour and personality depending on the setting he finds himself in. We all do that to a certain extent but someone with a strong sense of self and values at the very least would recognize the disconnect between making genuine and valuable connections in the Middle East on the one hand and making derogatory comments about Arabs on the other. Hopefully it wouldn’t occur to them to make the comments at all. And they wouldn’t allow themselves to get dragged into this current mess because, once their friend was convicted of sex crimes against minors, they’d be done with him. To me that’s one of the few crimes where the perpetrator doesn’t get a second chance. If Andrew wasn’t completely repelled by the behaviour itself he should have had the sense to know the damage he could cause to the Royal Family.

I’m kind of incredulous that there’s any debate about what should happen to Andrew. He should immediately cease to be a working royal. He’s now irreparably linked to a huge scandal involving a depraved piece of human trash, and that link is mostly of Andrew’s own doing. He should not be able to represent his country under those circumstances.

I really do hope his family are giving Andrew all the support he needs in private. But The Queen can be a sympathetic mother while still recognizing the best thing for the RF, and really for Andrew himself, is for him to retire from public life.

I was told today that the only thing that will save him is if he remarries a rich English model/actress/ heiress - does anyone know anyone available. Everything in the monarchy is forgotten with a wedding or a funeral - I would prefer the first option. What I am getting at is the British are fickle and easily swayed by rumours and gossip. Tomorrow he will be the best Windsor again.

It has been years since Andrew was the best Windsor.

As for remarriage, what woman would tolerate having Fergie in the same house, no matter how large it is?

(I still believe she is behind the Epstein connection due to her constant scrambling for money).

I think Andrew, himself, should do the right thing and resign from royal duties. He should NOT wait for her Majesty or Prince of Wales to make him resign.

Confirmed:
OutwardBoundUK will have a board meeting to discuss Prince Andrew’s patronage. This patronage was handed to Prince Andrew from his father, the Duke of Edinburgh, this year.

So many of the want to distance themselves. It was to be expected. Also, Andrew is such trash for topping Beatrice into this. He is her father and willing tied her to his crap. And she feeling that again today.

Bad timing for that wedding of hers.

Last edited:
So currently we have the following sponsors/patronage’s removing their support or asking Andrew to step aside:

- Huddersfield University their SU voted to have Andrew step down as their Chancellor.
- Standard Chartered (the bank) is ending it’s relationship with Pitch@Palace but confirming this would have been removed regardless of the interview.
- OutwardBoundUK are holding a board meeting in regards to their patronage. Interestingly Princess Beatrice who was elected to the board this year, will not be a part of that meeting.
- London Metropolitan University are holding a board meeting in regards to their patronage.
- KPMGs sponsorship of Pitch@Palace ended in October 19.
- AstraZeneca sponsorship of Pitch@Palace is due to expire at the end of the year and is likely to not be renewed.

LaRae

Exactly. I remember the SAME EXACT THINGS being written and said about Fergie, Diana and Charles and Camilla in the early to mid 90's.

Remember the Annis Horribilis of 1992, when Charles and Camilla were heard on tape bemoaning the fact that a national emergency like the railroad strike could mess up their next hookup plans?

Remember Fergie caught frolicking poolside with her lover while her little girls watched?

Then there was Diana, caught in baldfaced lies denying that she authorized Her True Story in 1990, made nuisance calls to a married man,and the sneaking off to do Panorama years later where she confessed to adultery and questioned whether Charles was fit for the "top job".

I distinctly remember the pearl clutching in every single one of the above cases. This or that Royal had brought more disrepute to the Crown since Edward and Wallis in 1936.

The end was near. Was it time for the Windsors to go?

Didn't things get so bad at one point in the 90's that HMQ made some remark about how "we will go quietly" if voted out?

This is bad. It is VERY bad. But it is not going to bring on the Republic in Britain.:cool:

Last edited:
While I totally agree that the scandal itself is not going to bring down the monarchy, it distracts from great work done by many members of royal family.

As long as Andrew continue to stay as an active working royal, this story is not going away and will continue to overshadow everything great done by others.

To end the distraction, he should just resign and live a quite life.

The fact that Buckingham Palace has put out a statement insisting that HMQ and the other senior royals are behind the DoY 100%, that might be the public front only.

It would not surprise me one bit if MAJOR pressure is not being put on Andrew privately by members of the RF to go into retirement.

This might even include Mummy.:cool:

While I totally agree that the scandal itself is not going to bring down the monarchy, it distracts from great work done by many members of royal family.

As long as Andrew continue to stay as an active working royal, this story is not going away and will continue to overshadow everything great done by others.

To end the distraction, he should just resign and live a quite life.

My concern is that if he does resigns - how long before the press and public opinion start in on the rest.

My concern is that if he does resigns - how long before the press and public opinion start in on the rest.

If they are pulling what Andrew is then Charles will get his streamlined monarchy perhaps sooner than planned.

LaRae

The fact that Buckingham Palace has put out a statement insisting that HMQ and the other senior royals are behind the DoY 100%, that might be the public front only.

Have they publicly issued a Buckingham Palace headed statement? Because I haven’t seen one.

The DOY, behind closed doors, is being ripped to shreds and Charles isn’t even in the country. There is no way I can see this not being a massive thumbs down from everyone.

Have they publicly issued a Buckingham Palace headed statement? Because I haven’t seen one.

The DOY, behind closed doors, is being ripped to shreds and Charles isn’t even in the country. There is no way I can see this not being a massive thumbs down from everyone.

Nope nary a peep yet. I've been watching.

LaRae

Things will move VERY fast when the PoW returns - he won't brook this kind of disruption to the [previously] smooth 'handover' that we have all witnessed...

i'd expect a 'retirement' announcement PDQ..

I stand corrected...a "senior royal source" made the claim to The London Evening Standard ".:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom